Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 9:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [ROTR] Fellowship of the AUers
PostPosted: June 21st, 2009, 2:40 pm 

To fit with the Races and Places theme, the official RotR RP is the Fellowship of the AUers. Instead of the original fellowship or people dropped out of our world, we will take different races to make our own fellowship.

Fellowship Members:

Helpers Along the Way:

We'll start out in Rivendell, and any race can carry the Ring.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 21st, 2009, 3:00 pm 
Maia
Maia

I'll join as a member of the Fellowship, please! :-D I'll start thinking up a charrie. This looks fun! ^_^

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 21st, 2009, 3:20 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

Sex: Female

Race: Peredhel

Job: A trained healer taught in both the art of sword and bow.

Plot: She is going to follow the other elves into whatever they choose giving her wisdom and healing to those in need...

Personality: Ryninial has a fire in her that is easily contained so that she can fool those she does not trust, and for her to trust you takes a lot of effort. She is known to be determined and hot-headed in certain situations but overall she is laid back. She grew up most of her life with only a father so she has a hard-shell that can sometimes cause people to be intimidated, but once you see through that shell she has a naturally kind heart.

History: She was born in Mirkwood, but as the darkness grew and hard times came during the third age her family moved to Rivendell. There she learned the craft of healing when she was a young elfling. It was on her 100th (around 8-9) birthday that her mother broke out into fever, quite rare for one of the elves. It was soon learned that her mother was only half-elven and that her human blood had contracted a deadly disease unknown by the elves. Arya died a year after leaving a devasted daughter behind, all that Ryninial had left was a silver locked, shaped as a diamond, holding an emerald. It took Ryninial a good many centuries to get over her mothers death, but once she did she had developed a barrier around her giving her a cold appearance that only few new was a facade, her father for one. Once his wife died he made sure that Ryninial grew up right and taught her how to fight and defend and continued to teach her the art of healing. On one of her trips to Mirkwood with her father visiting family and friends they were attacked by spiders and yrch, her father died valiently saving his daughter. She was devastated, not even the joys of seeing her family could make her smile. She was sent back to Rivendell to heal and has been there ever since, training in the arts of healing and sword and bow awaiting her revenge.

Family: Her mother was Arya, a Maiden of Mirkwood, a close relative to Thranduil and Legolas. Her father Elenion was a man of Noble Descent of Kings of Rohan. She has no other siblings.

Appearance:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/northamptonshire/c ... 70x352.jpg

Role Playing Sample: Ryninial walked hesitently within the forests of Mirkwood, a sudden unease falling over her when all she could hear was silence. She rubbed her arms when a sudden chill swept over her body, moving closer to her father. The light breeze blowing over her skin, hair blowing across her face covering her glittering golden green eyes. It was in that moment that the silence was broken so abruptly that she had to cover her keen ears with shaking hands. Her voice barely a whisper above the sickening crunch of bone and the gurgling of flowing blood... "Father!"

Other info: Her formal attire is usually made up of a long fitted ivory gown with long sleeves that poof slightly around the elbow. Her travel clothes consist of a deep green knee length tunic over a creme shirt, both with forearm length sleeves over sable leggings and brown boots. She carries a white hilt long sword and a typical bow and arrows.

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 21st, 2009, 3:27 pm 
Hobbit at Heart
Hobbit at Heart

I am joining as.... you guessed it... one of the hobbits in the fellowship. :)

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 21st, 2009, 4:01 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I can has a wizard?

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 21st, 2009, 4:15 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I would like to join! I'll come up with a charrie...

And all will turn to silver glass...

By Goldstrike

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 21st, 2009, 4:26 pm 
Maia
Maia

Here's my bio... :)

~

Name: Lainathiel

Race: Elven

Appearance: http://oaromeros.files.wordpress.com/20 ... my_lee.jpg

Weapon: Elven sword. She also carries a longbow which, though she is skilled in archery, she seldom uses it as much as her blade.

Personality: Confident, intelligent; is at heart a kind person, though when annoyed her irritation can occasionally come off as coldness. Age has made her uninterested as to what other people think of her; she does not often get into arguments, but she has an assurance that if a fight ever occurred she would always win.

History: Lainathiel calls Rivendell her home, but she has spent much of her life travelling across different lands, giving her an in-depth knowledge of different climates and cultures. She married a thousand years ago or so to an archer of the Galadrim who she met whilst staying in the woodland realm of Lothlorien, but he was killed in an orc ambush. Her mourning for him was long and the intensity of her grief made her impossible to approach for many years; she spoke to no one and retreated into her thoughts. Lainathiel has now recovered, in her own way, but has never forgotten her grief. After some time away from Rivendell, she is now returning; it has always been said of her that she comes and goes as she wishes, and that will always be her way.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2009, 12:09 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Location: In my library, unconvering dark and mysterious secrets...

May I please be a memeber of the fellowship that joins later? I'll be gone from June 24th to July 8th and without internet access.

Thanks Nurratiel, *Ennostiel*, PD, and Githoniel

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2009, 3:44 pm 
Maia
Maia

I'm in too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 24th, 2009, 3:11 pm 
Maia
Maia

Can I be a part of the Fellowship as well?

Kira of Dol Amroth
Pictures: N/A
Race: human
Siblings: A brother named Felix and a sister named Skylark.
Parents: unknown
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Personality: happy, often too serious
Weapons: sword, bow and arrow
History: She was born in Dol Amroth. She proves stubborn at times but has a kind soul. Kira also enjoys travelling a lot. Other than that, she mostly keeps to herself and prefers not to be noticed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 24th, 2009, 9:08 pm 

Sorry, I'm a bad and lazy starter and have been neglecting this.

Since there is interest and this is just a fun RP, we'll go ahead and start. Bring your character(s) in where you want. We'll form the fellowship with whoever wants to be in it, just make sure you say so at the time.

------------
Elrond looked around the council at the various races gathered in Rivendell. His mouth tightened, and only those who knew him well knew the sight of the humans displeased him. Humans were weak, and failing. But others insisted they came, so Elrond was left in silence. One race in particular caused even more discomfort than the men. A young ent had planted himself at the edge of the circle. Other members gave him awed stares - ents had rarely been seen in the last thousand years.

"We have come to discuss the evil times upon us," Elrond said, turning his gaze onto each seat. "This Ring is evil, and actions must be taken."

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 25th, 2009, 7:33 am 
Maia
Maia

(I definitely want to be in the Fellowship :lol: )

Lainathiel glanced around at the members of the council. Many had come. This evil belonged to all of them, whether they thought so or not. That she had been summoned to the council should have filled the elf woman with pride, but it did not; this was beyond vanity. She was here as one of the oldest elves in Imladris, and it was her age that warranted her invite, aside from the fact she was well known, and had a head on her shoulders. Looking at the golden ring placed on the stone table before them, she felt no temptation towards it; she prided herself on this alone. It was a human fancy that this ring could aid them in the war.

Finally, she rose up from her seat and cast her dark gaze over the members of the council; even the young ent, unusual as it was to see him standing there. Older ents did not care for the troubles of men and elves, but this one seemed to have taken an interest.

"Well said, my lord Elrond," she said. "There can be no value in keeping this here. It will draw the enemy to us - we have long kept out of his reach but the proximity of Isengard, stronghold of Saruman the traitor, to us is closer than that of Mordor. There's no doubt the wizard will come for it." She gestured towards the ring.
"There is only one solution and I think you all know it." She left that statement hanging in the air and seated herself. Destroy it. That was left unsaid but the implication was clear.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 25th, 2009, 2:00 pm 
Hobbit at Heart
Hobbit at Heart

(I'll just use my name Prisca Took to make it more like me.)

Prisca sighed, sitting in a chair that was twice the size she needed. She had no real idea on how she got to Rivendell, or what she was doing there, for that matter. Eyeing the ring, Prisca would cringe at the thought of it. She wanted nothing to do with the object and would rather return to the Shire and be safe, at home, with some tea and cakes at hand.

Alas, Prisca was not home, and her tea and cakes were only a distant memory. Instead, she buckled herself up in her seat, trying with much effort to pay attention as the fate of Middle Earth rested on this meeting.

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2009, 1:59 am 
Maia
Maia

Kira looked around the Council, eyes blazing. Despite her distance from Dol Amroth and her experience travelling, she was uneasy. Kira was ready for this. Her gaze rested briefly on Lainathiel and silently agreed with the elf. Kira then let her gaze settle on the ring, 'Yes...It can not stay here...it must be destroyed.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2009, 10:27 am 

Elrond nodded to Lainathiel. They had been young together, once, and her judgment was usually sound. And wonder of wonders, the human even felt the Ring was dangerous. Perhaps there was some intelligence left among that faded race.

"The Ring can only be destroyed in the fires of Mount Doom, in Mordor, from where it came. I shall send my best men to take it, led by my sons. They will be swift and sure, and can--"

"Your hroom pardon, Lord Elrond." Elrond whipped his head around in surprise. An ent interrupting? This was indeed a day full of unusual events. "Hoom, But this task should be done hroom in secrecy. Hem An army of hrom elves will do us little hem good."

By Illuvatar, the ent was right. Elrond gave a curt nod. "Very well. A small party of elves will take the ring. One elf is worth many orcs, at any rate." He gave a tight smile to the ent - for no one but elves could be trusted with this task.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 27th, 2009, 1:00 pm 
Maia
Maia

Kira blinked. 'What?!?! A secret Army of Elves? Well what about the rest of us then? She was tempted to complain, but said nothing.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next