Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Destruction of Numenor and Settlement of Middle Earth
PostPosted: September 13th, 2009, 7:45 am 

Think of the adventure. Your civilization is in trouble. Unknown to you, you are about to become one of the few who survives the drowning of your island, one of the few survivors who boards a ship with your valiant king and sail off on the sea into the east--a Numenorian about to settle Gondor or Arnor!

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 13th, 2009, 8:44 am 
Maia
Maia

Sounds brilliant, I'm definitely joining! :-D Here's my bio...

Name: Verya
Race: Numenorian
Appearance: Verya 1
Verya 2
Apparel: Mostly finely crafted dark blue and green Numenorian robes – ocean and forest shades.
Personality: A lively, spirited girl, Verya has strong opinions and is not afraid to voice them; her mother has often told her that she should mind her manners more, but Verya does not often heed this and has on many occasions offended people. All the same, she has good intentions and does not intend to cause disharmony.
History: Verya has spent all her nineteen years living by the sea, and has learnt to love the sound of the waves; unknown to her, her home is about to be destroyed. She has grown up in relative comfort with her mother; she never knew her father, for he died before she was born. She was not witness to her mother’s terrible grief for him, and has never known the extent of her mourning, since she has hardly spoken a word of him to Verya.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 18th, 2009, 8:58 pm 
Ent
Ent

Excellent, I'll join! (If, that is, any more people show up...)

Name: Allora
Appearance: Medium-long dark hair, sea-green but penetrating eyes, 5'6", fair skin, slightly stern face that softens when she smiles
Personality: Allora has a quiet, serious personality to match the look of her face. While she usually does not speak much, when she does it is with persuasion and surprising eloquence, and always with a purpose. More commonly she will answer with few words, especially among strangers. If you can put enough cracks in her armor to befriend her, she will be true to the end of time; the getting-close-to-befriend is the difficult part. The sea captivates her with its vastness and she seeks solace on its unpredictable waves.
History: Her father was a mariner like many Numenoreans, so though Allora was born relatively inland, she was often at the coast to see him go and return. She never spent much time with him, as he was at sea more often than not. When she was 16 years of age, he went on a journey and never returned. Her mother died of illness scarcely 6 months later, leaving Allora and her younger brother alone. They were taken in by an old friend of her father's who had given up sailing; however, he's been teaching both of them all he knows about ships and the sea the past six years as they've lived by the shore. She's often contemplated going on a voyage of her own, but as her brother has been too young for her comfort(at 8 years younger than her), she's refrained. However, the time is nearing when she'll feel ready to leave (or so she thinks [as Numenor is about to fall]).

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 29th, 2009, 4:20 pm 
Maia
Maia

Name: Amara Palantine

Age: In Elf years about 2,000 something and in human years, around the age of 25.)

Race: Elf

Sex: Female

Appearance: Long, straight, blonde hair that reaches to the middle of her back, very fair skin, and beautiful, piercing, blue eyes. She's about 5'10'' and she has a very small build. Her clothes look exactly like Arwen's dresses sometimes.

Family: A mother named Inwe, and a father named Aman.

History: When Lenne was young, her parents were murdered, and she was right there when it happened. It scarred her for life. When she was about 100 years old, (That would be about 10 years old in human years. I think.... O_O) she heard about a Prince that lived in the kingdom of Rivendell. Her dream was to go there, and possibly meet him. He was her idol. She's very easy-going, loving, caring, she's quite a dreamer, and sometimes she can be a little cranky. She carries a bow and arrows, an elven sword, and two daggers.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(I'll just write my reply out right now.)

The days that went on lately were dark, cold and mysterious to Amara. Everywhere she went, she felt like something bad were going to happen and it was a nerve-wrecking feeling. She had heard the whispers between the trees of something foul filling the air and that's when she knew that something was going to take place soon. And she needed to warn the others and prepare for it. She didn't know what it was going to be, but it was going to be murderous.

Running through the forest to her home was a simple task for Amara. Her elven abilities enabled her to run with light footing and to be swift in everything she did. She may have had somewhat heavy equipment on her back, but it didn't slow her down one bit. She heard different sounds swish by her as she ran, but she paid no attention to them. She was in a hurry. She didn't have time to pay attention to the small details that she loved paying attention to normally. She got a small smile on her face, when her town finally came into view and her bright, blue eyes glistened slightly.

Upon arriving, she was greeted by a couple of her friends, but she quickly interrupted them from speaking to her. "No, I mustn't speak to you. I have urgent news." She said in a frantic voice, which worried her friends. She shook her head a bit and then ran towards the King's castle, that was placed in the middle of their wonderful town. So, she made sure that she went straight there and nowhere else. The time was drawing nearer and she could sense it.

Siggy set made by the amazing Lembas!

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2009, 7:33 pm 
Elven Shieldmaiden for Christ
Elven Shieldmaiden for Christ

I will join! Bio up tonight!

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 4th, 2009, 6:21 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

I could possibly get into this one. I'll post my bio here in a bit.
Cheers, & happy RP'ng.

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 4th, 2009, 10:50 pm 
Ent
Ent

Oh excellent, people are joining! I shall post a quick post now then...

Allora walked tensely down the streets of the city. She was farther away from the coast than she liked, as she preferred being right on it with the sea at her back. The sound of the waters, even when they raged, was a balm to her pain on any day, at any time. Still, she had promised to be there, and she would keep her word. Her dagger seemed heavy at her side, weighing on her belt.

Something about the day felt wrong, she thought as the wind blew her dark hair away from her face. It felt...portentious. Of course, it was no secret, even to one who lived isolated as she and her brother and foster father preferred to, what was happening in Numenor. There was tension rife in the very air! The palace came into view as she turned a street corner, almost bumping into the wall in her distraction. What was wrong with her?

Her boots rang slightly on the streets as she approached the palace. She was going to meet someone, a long-time friend of old, who had requested her presence. She wasn't sure why, but she knew she had to be there. The storm clouds were growing above the land, in reality and in spirit. It was time, she thought, for everyone to choose their side. She didn't know what she meant by that, but all she knew was that it was all too true.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 6th, 2009, 5:55 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Could I reserve a character? I should have a bio prepared soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 8th, 2009, 1:47 pm 
Ent
Ent

I don't see why not. Come on people, are we going to do this or not? *Glares slightly* XP

^ Sig set by Goldy!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 9th, 2009, 8:19 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Name: Aeden
Appearance: Aeden has auburn colored locks that reach to his chin and eyes that are a warm brown. He is tall, muscular, and has broad shoulders.
Apparel: A loose shirt and leather trousers.
Character: Though he can be shy, Aeden has a spirited disposition and at moments does not know when to hold his tongue. He loves to laugh and carry on, but he is also chivalrous and concerned for the well being of others even though he does not always show it.
History: Aeden had been born to a healer of the royal class of Numenor and had been encouraged to become a healer himself, though his heart did not lie in it. However, he appeased his remaining parent (for his mother had died in childbirth) and apprenticed to become a healer in his earlier years and follow in the foot steps of his father. Aeden’s interests had always been in nature and as a young child when he was sent to recover medicinal herbs for his father, he soon discovered his passion - the sea and sailing. He would beset sailors and ask them questions about the sea and more often than not came home late without his herbs. As he aged and he and his father began to be in want, Aeden persuaded his father to allow him to become a fisherman to earn their bread. One day he hopes to sail the seas himself, but he is reluctant to leave his elderly father to fend for himself.

I will post soon if we are starting. :jump:

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 9th, 2009, 8:56 pm 
Ent
Ent

Well, I posted and Amara posted so sure, go ahead. ^^

^ Sig set by Goldy!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 10th, 2009, 6:04 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Aeden is lying in the cast of his vessel off the coast of Numenor, the sea having nearly lulled him into a sleep. He has been fishing since before dawn. When a sudden swell disturbs his vessel, he slowly sets himself aright and brings in his previously cast net. The winds were steadily rising now and the clouds seemed to be glaring down at him threateningly.

"You are restless today, are you not?" Aeden laughed to himself as he set out for the shore with his freshly caught fish. The weather had been dark and brooding for awhile now and in correspondence, or so it seemed to Aeden, so were the thoughts of those on Numenor. Aeden smiled as he remembered some of the superstitious forebodings of the more elderly townspeople, who had been forecasting a doom soon to come. His father had been among them. He shook his head as if to dispel these absurd remembrances, but he could not shake an uncertain feeling that he felt himself. These men were not fools.

Aeden shored his vessel and bounded ashore, slinging his net of fish over one of his shoulders. He then sauntered toward the housing for the king's servants, which was not too far away from the castle. His father had wanted to meet him there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 10th, 2009, 6:53 pm 
Ent
Ent

(Which city are we all in? Cause I just brushed up on Akallabeth and everyone going with Elendil was at Romenna before the fleet left...)

^ Sig set by Goldy!

Profile       WWW