Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Changing Worlds, Changing Lives
PostPosted: January 5th, 2010, 9:18 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Okay, since this idea went over well once, I may as well try it again. Maybe.. just maaaaybe we'll get out of Rivendell this time.

The plot is simple. We, as in our rp selves, are all very abruptly transported into Middle Earth. Our mission? We have no clue. we don't even know if we're going home. But perhaps we have the power to change certain events we didn't like in our beloved books/movies.

and yes, as before, the canon pairings can (and probably will) be messed with.

anyone up? I'll psot my profile so you guys have something to go off of.

Real world
Name: Alise Harrison
Nicknames: Ali,Al
Appearance: short light brown hair, hazel eyes. 5'6" has no fashion sense what so ever. weighs about 150 lbs

Middle-Earth
Name: Morwen Durelen
Nicknames: Mor
Appearance: waist length dark brown hair, usually pulled into a braid, gray eyes, slender 5'7" wears forest green tunic, brown pans brown boots, wears bow and quiver on her back, as two fighter's swords along her back as well. (Fighter's swords aren't as long as normal swords, but longer than the blades Legolas has.)

I'll post pairings and what not (and who plays who) once people start joining.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 17th, 2010, 10:04 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I'll join!! I'll have my bio up soon

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 17th, 2010, 10:11 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

I have decided to start RPing again. Why not? :lol: If this one is still being thought about then I'll be happy to join. :D A-U (Alternate Universe) RPs are fun!!

Real World
Name: Brianne Hartshorn
Nickname(s): Bree
Appearance: medium length brown hair, hazel eyes, 5'3", 121 pounds, thin yet toned build, typically dresses on the dark side of the colour spectrum (black and red mostly)

Middle-Earth
Name: Rinoa
Nickname(s): Rin
Race: Númenórean
Appearance: Shoulder length brown hair (sometimes pulled back into a ponytail), green-hazel eyes, defined features, athletic build, 5’7”, clad in light leather armour (brown), brown boots, forest green cloak, longbow and quiver on her back, & two elven daggers at her sides.

Last edited by Rinoa Amarth on April 27th, 2010, 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 23rd, 2010, 2:49 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

This does look like fun. I'll get a Bio up and hopefully we can get it moving a bit. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 25th, 2010, 3:32 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

oh wow. It lives again. alright, llew, once you get yours up, I think we might be able to start. Maybe XD

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 25th, 2010, 11:32 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

:lol: I was beginning to wonder if you had any interest in this one still Morwen. XP

I hope we can start soon. *is actually really eager*

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 26th, 2010, 11:06 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Alrighty, here goes. :)

Real World
Name: Lance Ferris
Nickname(s): Lan
Appearance: 6'2" in height, blue (thought not strikingly so) eyes, brown hair, with an occasional lighter highlight still visible because his hair darkened as he got older. In build he is athletic, and while certainly not bulky, strong and well toned from accustomed activity. About 165lbs. His dress tends toward the darker hues, despite the fact that he looks better in lighter colors. Stylishly faded jeans and long sleeved shirt, cuffs usually unbuttoned or rolled up.

Middle-Earth
Name:Frain
Nickname(s):
Race: Dwarf
Appearance: Sturdily built, as all Dwarves, with belt-length dark brown beard and slightly shorter hair. Often with small braids in each. Stands 4'5". A singled bided, long hafted axe is his main weapon, and a hauberk of scale reinforced with mail his armor. Boots are tough leather, and knee length. Dark green hooded cloak completes his dress.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 1st, 2010, 4:28 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Hey, sorry, busy week. and I just noticed.. we have a human, elf and a dwarf.. our own version of the three hunters XD anyways before we start, we can all either know each other or not, i just wanna know before I post

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 1st, 2010, 11:30 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

:lol: How true! I am good with either. We could get far more into it a lot quicker if we already knew each other but with racial differences it makes a lot more sense if we didn't know each other at the start.
I think we should all be strangers at first, though I will follow with the majority vote. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2010, 3:42 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I'd say go with being strangers. I think it'd be funner that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2010, 8:40 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Okies! Then I will leave you all to get into Middle Earth however you feel you must.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Alise sighed as she sprawled out on the floor of her bedroom. She was waiting for Return of the King to start. No one could say that this 5'6" teen was anything short of obsessed with Lord of the Rings. She tucked her light brown hair behind her ears and went back to polishing on her Sindarian. Yes, she was that much of a nut.

While she was studying though, she noticed she was getting rather tired. So, she checked her watch. 'Eh. a catnap won't kill me.' With that, she curled up on her side and drifted off.

When she woke, she wasn't sure how long had passed, but she knew she wasn't in her room anymore.

She looked around, the surroundings rapidly becoming more and more familiar to her. She wandered around, her mind going at 90 miles an hour. She was in the middle of a forest, near a river. She shook her head and looked into the water of the river and blinked.

she touched her face lightly. Long brown hair framed her elven face and gray eyes stared back at her.

'what is my name?' she asked herself, 'Morwen' she answered herself after a minute, the memories of Alise Harrison rapidly fading from her mind. She had no memories of her past, but... that seemed to be.. normal to her. Whatever magic had brought her here, it was rapidly forming her into a new being, a elf, on middle earth.

She began to walk, looking around, following the river silently, until she came to a place she could recall. Rivendell. She paused then approached cautiously, then tensed, hearing footsteps behind her.

(and there's my opening post for now. you don't have to model yours after mine, i just wanted to keep the earth memories from interfering XD)

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 4th, 2010, 3:18 am 
Balrog
Balrog

To Middle-Earth I go!!

Out of her entire family Brianne was no doubt the biggest Lord of the Rings fanatic and proud to admit it. Heck, even some of her online characters in video games were references to the series or her LOTR fanfic. Yes, she is that much of a dork that she even started her own fanfic. It may have been just a creative outlet for her but some people seem to like her writtings and who was she to deny them more if they liked it?

Brianne glanced back across her bedroom to the clock: 23:33. "I really should try and get some sleep." She thought to herself as she turned back to her computers to shut them down. She often used her desktop computer for music purposes while she wrote or read, while the laptop acted as her workspace. "I have to be up in a few hours to get ready for the journey to school... I really need a car."

With one last glance around her room she went and turned the light off. The darkness now hid her various Lord of the Rings and Fantasy posters making the room just a mass of black. Even though it was pitch black, she had navigated her way to her bed and curled up in her covers with a CD. Instrumental music or nature sounds was often the only thing that would make her mind quiet down enough for sleep. On this night she had picked the sounds of nature. The rushing water, soft tweet of birds, the far off waterfall... within a matter of minutes she was taken by sleep's warm embrace.

The sound of rushing water had returned to her ears and a cool breeze blew across her face. How long she had been asleep, she could not say. However one thing was certain... Brianne was not in her room anymore. Her heart was beating fast as she shot up and started looking around to try and figure out where she was. Nothing was recognizeable to her. It wasn't Mammoth Mountain, Rock Creek... anywhere she had ever camped.

The sound of the nearby river caught her attention again and she went to find it. She was a nature child and knew a lot on the matter of survival. "Alright just calm down and follow the river, there is bound to be a town somewhere along it." As she looked down into the water she couldn't help but notice her appearence had changed. She was now taller, about 5'7", her hair was still brown but shorter and about her shoulders, her eyes a more green-brown. Even her clothing had changed... brown leather armour, a green cloak, a bow on her back, and daggers at her side.
"What the heck in going on!?" She asked herself as she spotted a structure in the distance. She knew now where she was and wondered how this could be so. "Imladris..." The city's name came like a whisper from her mouth. Piece by piece her old life seemed to crumble before her and a new one had reconstructed itself in her mind. This women was no longer Brianne but Rinoa of the Dunedain.

The sight of the fair elven city was a joy to behold. Looking back down towards the river she saw another figure heading towards the city and followed to go to the enterance of the city. The figure turned out to be another female, an elf by the look of her. She seemed to be tense as Rinoa approched. Rinoa spoke to show that saw was not an enemy but a friend. "Hello lady. I am sorry if my presense startled you, I mean no harm. I was only on my way to Imladris. Ah! Forgive me, allow me to intorduce myself. I am Rinoa of the Dunedain." She said with a small bow and afterward held out her hand for a friendly handshake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 4th, 2010, 2:43 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

(Interesting. For some reason I was under the impression that our real world characters would be transported into middle earth and then meet the middle earth characters, instead of becoming them. What do you think?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 7th, 2010, 2:18 am 
Balrog
Balrog

(It isn't quite what I thought but your idea would make things quite interesting and quite long. I am good with either idea really. If we decide to do things that way we will have to revise our first posts. :P What are your thoughts Morwen?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 7th, 2010, 9:02 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

(Llew, while you're idea would be interesting to rp, that's not what I wanted for this rp. the intention of this rp was for our chars to have been magically plopped into the world and changed a bit so that it's not quite so obvious they're not normal.)

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 20th, 2010, 11:24 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

(Apologize for the delay. Been busy.)

Lance was tired. Interestingly, this was not a usual occurrence. The day had conspired, however, to leave him quite worn out. It must have been the combination of things; the inevitable life decisions that can seem so simple when you first wake up, or after you just completed a project and it came out better than it should have. But today, it had dogged him until he felt worn out and left him longing to be somewhere else. In Middle Earth, as it happened. It was the one bright spot that never failed; to imagine living in Middle Earth. He didn't even consider himself the dreamy type, but he could spend hours reading, thinking, fantasizing...

Inconsiderate reality rudely intruded. The phone rang. He said an expletory word, but abruptly decided not to answer, changing his course to leave the house instead. Where he was going never crossed his mind, apart from the now-pleasant thought of a walk in the woods. It would clear his mind.

He did this. He strode among the pines, enjoying the scents and feel like he had not in years. On a whim, he decided to run. It was an exercise he had enjoyed in the past; testing the reflexes by avoiding every obstacle, while sprinting full speed through the underbrush.

He never saw the root that caught his toe, only the ground as it cheerfully rushed up to trade places with the sky.

He woke. Or thought it was wakening. He couldn't remember having fallen asleep though. Grunting, he rolled over, pushing himself to his knees. And halted, staring at his arm. On it was a vanbrace of dark metal, intricately covered in design, and strapped over a leather sleeve. A powerful, glove covered hand supported his weight. He stood, and the clink of metal accompanied it. Looking down, he saw several things at the same instant. A long, rich brown beard nearly to his waist hid the gleaming scales of a hauberk, and the tough boots on his feet. Dwarf boots, he thought idly in a quietly laughing part of his mind, then nearly jumped. He fingered his beard experimentally, and found the movement natural, as if he'd been doing it all his life. He had, he realized. His entire 89 years.

He turned, a broad smile slowly widening on his face, and laughed aloud in a deep, bass voice. This could be but one place.

At last he took his bearings; what he could of them at least. He was on a forest trail, leading down hill - toward his destination. Hefting his longaxe as a walking staff, he started down the trail in a gait that he knew inherently had carried him many long miles, over mountains and across broad rivers. The rich, moist odors of a land fresher and cleaner than ours were carried to him on sweet breezes; the woody scent of spruce and pine, but also the distant smell of sage, thyme, oak and maple.

The woods began to thin after a time, giving way to hardwoods and here and there lush meadows dappled in shade. The roaring of a mountain river plunging over a fall grew louder, until at last he was beside it and gazing down into a valley. Bright streams ran through it, crossed by delicately arched bridges, and peeking out from amid the trees and greenery were the eaves and peaked roofs of buildings, build in the same airy style. Just below him the path led down beside the waterfall, and still further down two slim figures could be seen talking together.

As he came up to them, he caught the last few words. "...was only on my way to Imladris. Ah! Forgive me, allow me to intorduce myself. I am Rinoa of the Dunedain," the human woman was saying.

He joined them, "And since introductions appear to be going round, allow me to introduce myself; I am Frain, Dwarf of the Lonely Mountain. At your service."