Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 7:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2010, 1:16 pm 
Maia
Maia

The last thing that Eowyn remembered was complete and utter darkness, and then quite a considerable amount of pain as she dropped onto the floor. Cringing, she cradled a rather sore elbow and rose her head, for the first time taking in the scene around her. Her blue-grey eyes were wide with shock as she got to her feet. What was this place? It certainly wasn’t familiar in any way. Her gaze focused on the three rather strangely attired girls; one of whom, it now came to her notice, was facing her brother (who had drawn his sword on her) with an angry-looking dog. Deciding that it was entirely too confusing to question this bizarre situation, Eowyn rushed across the room, the skirts of her white gown rustling in her haste. “Eomer!” she blurted out, and flung her arms about his neck. It was a somewhat brief hug, for she then pulled back to glance at the girl, who was holding the snarling dog back.
"Lower your blade, I'm sure she's not dangerous," she said rapidly, her voice low. She knew that her brother had acted on instinct when confronted by the girl's animal; all these girls weren't much more than children, really.
Still standing at her brother’s side, she scanned her gaze around the room; dotted around were two halflings and a man with a beard and a pointed hat who looked familiar. It was a fair enough guess that they were not inhabitants of this world. She had heard of halflings, but to her people they were the stuff of children’s fairytales – and it appeared more and more likely that the bearded man was none other than Gandalf Greyhame, an old visitor to the land of Rohan; but more recently he was known as Gandalf Stormcrow. The Rohirric people had not been best pleased at the insolence of the man to choose Shadowfax as his steed. Still, Eowyn had always considered him interesting.
But this was not the time for reminiscing. Her sudden presence in this somewhat… unpleasant… room was unnerving. More than that, it was frightening. She could remember now before her sight had darkened and she had fallen to the floor in this place that she had been in the great hall talking with Theodred. He had been worried about something… she could hardly remember what it was now… but then everything had blurred and she had heard his voice as if from a long way off.
And then, this.
It didn’t seem as if anyone was about to explain, either. Reaching out and taking Eomer’s hand, she spoke under her breath in Rohirric, the language of their people; she didn’t feel quite comfortable using the common speech for some reason.
“Do you know what’s going on?” She knew the answer already; he didn’t. He was just as confused and disorientated as she was. But at least they were together. Better he was here with her, than being stuck in this bizarre situation alone.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Last edited by ~Goldleaf~ on March 29th, 2010, 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2010, 1:41 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Goldy, Alex already told Tyson to back off earlier. She's standing in between him and Eomer. Not the other way around.)

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2010, 5:13 pm 
Maia
Maia

(Oops, sorry Maeth! I've edited my post =) )

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2010, 5:25 pm 

With a loud thud Aragorn hit the floor of the apartment. He quickly scrambled to his feet while his right hand, impulsively, reached for the hilt of his sword, as he thought of could have caused the blackness in front of eyes. The last thing he knew was that they camped in Eregion and that he accompanied Gandalf on his watch and discussed the possible routes to take. When his sight slowly recovered, Aragorn scanned his surroundings with his grey eyes. There was no sight of any enemy; the only ones present in the remarkable hall in which they, for Aragorn had noticed that Gandalf and young Peregrin were with him as well, had appeared, were three young maidens and a somewhat defensive dog.
The ranger let go of the hilt of his sword, still carefully observing the room. To his amazement another man and woman had appeared, who, judging from their clothing and tongue, must come from the Riddermark.
Slowly Argorn moved closer to Gandalf and he whispered: "Gandalf, are we under some kind of spell? Is this Saruman's doing?"

-------------------

Boromir woke up flat on the floor with his shield on top of him. With a groan he sprang to his feet, looking around him in alarm. He'd been asleep as far as he knew; was this some kind of dream? He then spotted the Wizard and the Ranger, and one of the Halflings, Pippin.
"What is this for cursed magic?" he asked in a loud, threatening voice. "Where is the Ringbearer?"
Next to a few from the Fellowship, three more girls were present, dressed in extraordinary garments, so that they seemed to fit in this weird place. Suddenly the son of the Steward heard two familiar voices, and when he turned around he uttered in disbelief: "Éomer, son of Éomund? Éowyn?"

--------------------

Jo sprang from her chair when a fierce wind, like an invisible tornado, swept through the room and the lights and the TV were flickering. Jo did not have the time to realise that it was near to imposible to have a gust of wind indoor when there were no open windows, for a few figures appeared out of the blue in their living room. Jo let out a shriek of fear, as she witnessed this some kind of supernatural moment. When she seemed to recognise one man in the group, her eyes grew large. Her mouth was still open, like she was pronouncing a soundless "O!", and she shuffled somewhat closer to Alex. "Pinch me, Alex.." she said slowly after she'd overcome her astonishment. "Do you see what I think I'm seeing?"

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2010, 1:21 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(I'm waiting for Pandora to post before we continue this just so everyone is on the same page. Just letting y'all know that it hasn't died!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 7th, 2010, 4:41 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

The old wizard surveyed his surroundings again and was about to call his power to him to start to gain control of the situation; to his everlasting dismay he found that only the barest trickle of magic came to him. He frowned, and released his concentration to look to Aragorn.

"Nay," he answered. "Sauramon holds not enough power to transport us to another place. I fear that we are no longer in our world, and I am not certain that I can reverse these happenings. There is hardly any magic here," the wizard continued softly. "Something has been forgotten, and I fear it may be us. We shall have to wait this out. Perhaps there is a task we must accomplish."

He looked at the three girls once more. The dark haired one looked on edge as if she might lash out, the one in ribbons was mildy confused and the blonde appeared to be on the verge of becoming ecstatic.

"I think," he continued, looking to the Ranger at his side with a smile and twinkle in his eye. "That we should become better acquainted with out hosts first."

------------------------------------------------------------

Alex could deal with a lot of things. Rolling bodies out of her way in the Superdome, stealing a gun and police jacket to sneak out of that forsaken place when the rest of her city was drowning. But this....well, all the hurricanes in the world could only prepare you for Armageddon. She was not at all prepared for people, who she considered, to be all made up appearing in her living room.

She looked to Jo who seemed, almost, happy as she said "Pinch me." Alex was only happy to comply, twisting Jo's arm and giving her a sharp look.

"The people who are breaking, entering and threatening my life?" She asked, her voice raising a little and she shot a pointed glare at Eomer who did not even have enough decency to look ashamed.

"Yeah," she said, returning to her typical dull monotone. "I see 'em." She looked around for Tyson and grabbed his collar to soothe her fraying nerves and found that they neatly fit back together the moment the dog nudged her hand.

"Thanks boy," she said with a smile. It was nice to know someone was on her side. The dog thumped his tail and gave a happy bark.

Eomer didn't give pause to the woman as she yelled, he had instead dragged his sister into a more proper hug.

"Eowyn," he said after releasing her glancing over for any signs of ill treatment. "You look tired, dear sister." His attention seemed captured when she spoke again. "I have no idea," he admitted half heartedly. "At least we are together, yes?"

From across the room he heard a familiar voice. The blonde man wheeled around to face the son of the Steward. "Boromir!" He said brightly, taking his sister's hand and bringing her with him to meet the man - he was loathe to let her stray in such strange company. "It is well that we have another here. Have you any clue as to what has transp..."

"I think...." came a loud, voice from behind - belonging to the one and only wizard, "That we should all take a seat and sort things out. We all are confused and talking amongst ourselves will help no one. As we are guests, I think introductions fall to one of our hosts?" He asked, looking to Alex pointedly, he was keen on gaining her trust as she seemed the most disturbed, perhaps a bit of control would settle her nerves.

To his surprise and happiness, the child rose to the occasion grandly. She looked over everyone as they sat and nodded politely, her face completely hiding the sheer panic inside at facing childhood fairy tales.

"This... she thought idly, "is how Alice felt when she went down the rabbit hole. Somehow the thought comforted her and she opened her mouth to actually say something intelligible. It was distinctly normal, first day of class normal, sitting in a pow wow normal.

"Hi," she started with a wave of the hand the was not petting the dog glued to her side. "I'm Alex. I'm from New Orleans, but right now you are all in Costa Verde, California. Since you don't have anywhere else to go...y'all are welcome to stay," she finished with a stiff smile and nod.

Last edited by Maethoriel on June 4th, 2010, 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 16th, 2010, 10:41 am 
Maia
Maia

Eowyn mustered a smile from somewhere as Eomer took her by the hand and started to lead her towards the Gondorian man who had called out their names; certainly, he was a familiar face in these uncertain surroundings, for the son of the Steward had visited the Golden Hall on more than one occasion. But upon the wizard’s interruption with his clear voice that held the unquestionable ring of authority, Eowyn stopped still beside her brother. Indeed, it was a good idea if they all introduced themselves, instead of wandering around without a clue as to where they were or what was going on.

She looked on as Alex introduced herself. She had know idea where New Orleans or California were, or what they were, come to that, but she listened politely all the same. She went over to sit on the couch, giving it a tiny hesitant glance beforehand. There was a little pause as Alex finished her introduction, and Eowyn supposed she should take the initiative.

“Well…” she began, folding her hands on her lap, “…my name is Eowyn, daughter of Eomund. I am the niece of Theoden King of Rohan, and sister of Eomer, Third Marshal of the Mark.” She paused, having outlined all the proper official titles necessary for such an introduction. She realised that she had said nothing about herself, apart from her name; she had only stated her position in the royal line by relation to men of importance. Feeling she had to add something more, she raised her head slightly higher. “Although I appear but a vulnerable woman, I assure all present to the contrary; I fear no man and am capable of bearing arms to defend myself, and my people.”

Eowyn fell silent, and looked over towards Eomer, who she was sure would want to follow with his own introduction. She gave him a little encouraging smile, to reassure him that though they were somewhere strange and unfamiliar, at least, as he had said, they were together.

She cast a glance about the room, looking at the other people who were also from their world. There was the wizard, Gandalf Greyhame, who had been, like the son of the Steward, a visitor to the Golden Hall. Although he appeared a hunched, weather-worn old man, Eowyn knew that he held considerable power, and had once been a welcome friend in Rohan, in better times. Beside him stood a man who appeared to be a ranger of the North; his cloth was poor and he appeared just as worn as Gandalf, but Eowyn could sense a dignity, a highness behind the façade; at once she suspected that there was far more than met the eye. Swiftly, she looked away, not wanting to be caught staring at the ranger. Instead, she diverted her gaze to her folded hands.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 16th, 2010, 6:28 pm 
Istari
Istari

Alice raised her eyebrow. Eowyn… from Lord of the Rings… that must mean the rest of them are as well. She thought maybe she should stand up and introduce herself… but her shyness got the better of her. Even if they were book characters they were still strangers after all, and she had a feeling that the group as a whole “wasn’t in Kansas anymore.”

Due to Alice’s hesitation it was Rosie who spoke up next. Stepping forward from her spot beside the bookcase she gripped her sword hilt for comfort. “I’m Rosie, and I’m pretty sure that Gandalf and Pippin know who I am… though about the rest of you I am not so sure. I work at the Green Dragon Inn, or I did until it got shut down. Freddy Bolger and I were traveling to Anuminas when I was whisked away. I dearly need to get back, so he doesn’t get shot by goblins or anything like that.”

Feeling a little silly after her lengthy introduction, Rosie scuffed her bare foot on the carpet. It was odd… this place she was surrounded by. Not unfamiliar, it was obviously a dwelling place, but odd and futuristic. Even the carpeting had an odd feel to it.

The Seemingly Nice But Actually Really Nasty Nazgul
School ate my life. *sigh*

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2010, 12:26 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Alex resisted the urge to chuckle at Eowyn's introduction. It just seemed so...funny that she would have to state that for a group. Maybe that was normal in Middle Earth though? She wasn't sure. However, being the southern belle that she was at heart she still put on her best garden party voice and nodded.

"I'm sure you are, doll," she said, but had anyone else from Louisiana been there they would have noticed the undertone in it was not entirely polite. Foreigners never tended to catch one though.

She nodded to Rosie and more sniggers ran through her head. Not that her introduction was particularly telling, but she used goblins at such a normal word. Like everyone knew they really existed. Alex frowned and realized that her nervousness was catching up with her.

Eomer stepped forward decisively and spoke: "I am Eomer, son of Eomund of Rohan. Sister son of the King of Rohan, Theoden and Captain of the Riddermark." He felt that he accurately covered his titles well, and as they are what defined him he felt that no other additions were needed.

He stepped back to his sister's side and took in his surroundings. The house was not dirty so much as old and worn looking inside. Everything was foreign, but from the scratches and marks he could tell that many things needed updating.

He couldn't tell what any of the girls were wearing, but they were all decidedly ill dressed. One had far too much skin showing, the other with flounces and shoes not fit for normal walking and the other dressed rather like a man. Yes, definitely not people he would like to associate or have his family associate with. It seemed, however, that they would be forced to share close quarters with them as none here had friends in this world. Grim prospects, indeed.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Gandalf smiled and opened his arms in a slight greeting.

"I have many names, but the one that I use most as of now is Gandalf the Grey. If any here know me by another name then you are welcome to use it. I was sent from across the sea." He finished his introduction, though he was certain all here knew him, even the foreigners.

The old wizard decided to meddle a bit and speed introductions by using his staff to push Aragorn forward and consequently into an introduction of his own. His eyes sparkled merrily for the first time in many days since the beginning of their dark journey. They needed to return, certainly, but he felt that this sidestep may be necessary for many here. He smiled and nodded to urge the generally taciturn man into speaking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2010, 11:47 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Yes! You are most welcome! The more the merrier, right?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 15th, 2010, 12:18 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(I have no preference when it comes to the cannon characters. And you are welcome to add another roomate if she/he wants to just walk into the situation)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 15th, 2010, 4:05 pm 

[ I'm so sorry! I will post here as soon as I can.. but I'm in the middle of exams and moving out so my time is scarce.. :P ]

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 19th, 2010, 4:40 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(I don't want this to die! So, I'm giving it a bump.)