Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 7:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lenn En Estel
PostPosted: November 12th, 2010, 12:50 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(Journey of Hope. Please, just jump in. There's no plot at this point, and don't post a bio if you don't feel the need to! Like me... lol)

Dawn started creeping into the world of Middle-Earth. The sun had not yet peaked through the Misty Mountains and Eregion was only lit by what light glowed in the sky in the early hours of the morning. A thick fog had built during the cool spring night and covered the foothills of the Misty Mountains, and was especially thick by the Loudwater River as it continued its flowing journey south towards Dunland.

And following the gurgling river downstream rode a lone figure, hooded and cloaked, riding a black horse. An eagle flew above, it's call echoing through the hills along with the sounds of other stirring beasts. The rider was weary and saddle sore from a long day and night of constant riding since departing from Imladris. She slumped in the saddle as her horse carried it's head low. Both were ready for rest, but knew that time waited for no creature to rest. It was this weariness, and the thick fog in the dim morning light that caused the rider not to see the danger that lay ahead.

The she-elf Eruraina came upon a low bluff and her horse halted, suddenly raising it's head and snorting. In dismay Eruraina pulled herself out of her tired daze and looked around, but it was too late. A ground of Dunland raiders appeared out of the fog and quickly surrounded Eruraina, chuckling at the easy prey.

"Give us all you got, an' maybe we won't have ta hurt ya," one with a long braided beard said in a rough voice and a grin that revealed rotten teeth.

With a yawn, Eruraina dismounted and looked around at the bandits. There were seven in all, each of them carrying nasty looking, and sharp, sabers and wore thick leather jerkins. And to their surprise she just gave a small half smile.
"I'm sorry, but I'm not feeling very generouse this morning. Maybe if you had caught me another day I would have been compliant. But not today," she said as she drew her sword from the sheath at her hip. She pointed it at the throat of the Dunland leader. She held an air of calm and confidence, but inside she was panicking.

I'm way out numbered and too weary to fight like this. If they were infront of me I might have a chance. But I'm surrounded. What should I do?! her mind whirled, gears turning, trying to think of a way out of this. It was too bad Eruraina wasn't one for trying to talk her way out of things.

The bandit gave his rotten toothy grin in pleasure at the challenge.
"This might be fun lads!" he called to his companions who all chuckled and grunted in pleasurable reply. And with that he lounged at Eruraina, who readied herself to parry...

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 12th, 2010, 2:32 pm 
Maia
Maia

(This looks great! =) I’m throwing in my main LOTR OC, Goldleaf.)

As the head bandit lunged towards the red-haired elf, his saber raised, his expression suddenly glazed over with shock, his eyes round. Looking down, he saw the sharp edge of a gleaming blade sticking through his stomach, impaling him. He let out a cry of agony, and his attacker withdrew the sword, letting him collapse down onto the grass. The group of bandits immediately turned their attention away from Eruraina, towards the figure that had just approached them with the silent footfalls of a hunter.

She was a young woman, in her twenties, the hood of her rough grey cape pulled up over her head. With one smooth, practiced movement, she turned her Gondorian broadsword towards the group encircling the elf, the metal of her blade singing in the air. “Stand away.” Her voice was blank and chilly. “Or you’ll meet the same fate as your friend.” She seemed deadly serious, and didn’t seem to care that she was vastly out-numbered. Shaking back her hood, a mass of fair, braided hair fell about her shoulders, framing a pale face marked with determination and the faint trace of an old scar on her cheekbone. She was obviously mortal, and still quite young, but she looked in no way vulnerable. Her blue eyes narrowed as a laugh rang out amongst the bandits.

“You think we’ll stand down at the word of a woman?” one of them sneered. All the same, his voice shook with hesitation, as he glanced down at the dead body of his comrade. He raised his saber towards her.

“Yes, I think you will, actually,” she replied, simply. “That is, if you don’t want to end up dead.” She nodded towards the corpse. “Braver men than you have laid down their arms with one word from me.” This was not arrogant bluster; it was a statement of fact. She walked forward, facing the raider with the confident stance of a man. Her gaze was cold and grim. Raising her sword, she placed the point at the base of the man’s throat. Immediately, the raiders circled around her, responding to her threat. A careless smile graced the woman’s features, the type of smile worn by a person who scarcely cares if they live or die. She swiveled her gaze towards Eruraina. “How about we make this interesting?” she queried.

Swiftly, she brought up her knee, knocking the second in command in his stomach, winding him. He choked and dropped his saber, which she caught swiftly with her free hand. Wielding the two weapons, she spun swiftly in an arc and cut the raider’s throat as he fell, his blood spattering on the blade of his own saber. A roar of anger rose up from the raiders.

“That’s it! Kill them both!”

The woman backed away towards Eruraina’s side. Briefly, she nodded at her. “Five against two,” she remarked. “Not bad odds. My name is Goldleaf, by the way.” Her eyes gleamed in a slight smile, before she looked back towards the advancing group. Her accent was Gondorian, and her manner seemed genuine, despite her slightly offhand, crisp demeanor.

This was the first fight she’d engaged in since stepping foot in Eregion. She was not familiar with this area, but she was able to adapt to many different regions and climates. She was sure that she and her new acquaintance had the upper hand in this battle; the raiders looked slow and sluggish, and their instincts were not sharp. They weren’t exactly worthy opponents, so this shouldn’t take too long; and then Goldleaf could get on with the task she’d traveled so far to complete: finding her sister.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 12th, 2010, 3:35 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(^.^)

Eruraina was surprised when the the bandit was stopped mid-lounge with a blade sticking from his chest. But then again she was releived for the aid, even if it was unexpetedly from a fair mortal woman. But Raina noticed that she held herself with an air of strength, that seemed to give the she-elf strength.

The girl, who was clearly Gondorian, distracted the Dunlanders and moved them into a possision where they weren't surrounding the elf as much. The battle would be easier, she was sure.

Then the golden haired girl came to stand next to Eruraina, and both of the women's swords were drawn and ready.

"I've been against worse odds. From I see, we will prevail," Eruraina replied to the woman. Goldleaf. "My name is Eruraina, but sometimes I'm called Rain or Raina. Which ever you want to call me, you can."

One of the raiders came at Eruraina was a stab. She sidestepped easily, and brought up her free hand in a fist and broke his nose. He drew his saber back in a backswing, but Eruraina blocked, and her reply to that attack with a fluid downward slash. It cut the raider across the chest, drawing blood and causing pain but not killed. Raina cursed herself for her weary weakness, and attacked again as the man staggered back, this time bringing the blade down on his head, splitting his skull. Eruraina had to put a foot on the broad chest to wretch out her blade as the body fell to the ground.

And in his place jumped another of the raiders, this time weilding twin sabers. Eruraina managed to dodge to the side just before getting attacked. He swung his right sword at her, and she ducked, the blade flying harmlessly inchest above her head. The left sword was swung down in an arc that Eruraina parried to the side. Then in a smooth movement she did a smooth three-slash combination that ended in the sword being held upside down, and the raider laid dead at her feet. Now there were two down. Eruraina glanced up to see how her new companion was faring...

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 12th, 2010, 7:19 pm 
Elven Shieldmaiden for Christ
Elven Shieldmaiden for Christ

((Promise to join later tonight -- gotta go to a football game! ;)))

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 14th, 2010, 11:04 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(Thats fine! Just jump right in!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 15th, 2010, 12:13 am 

(oooh, I'm actually gonna RP a girl. Cause I think I can get away with it as an elf. ;))

Nurrantiel stood surveying the scene below her. A mortal, and one of her own kind, facing a group of slovenly men. The other she-elf she would be inclined to help, but then again...One of the fair folk should know better than to be captured by raiders. Even within her thoughts, the name was coated with disgust. And a mortal woman. Nurrantiel practically sneered at the thought. A woman who wouldn't even be able to see her at this paltry distance! Her elf eyes allowed her to see the girls youth --but a child! Who let her out? -- but the distance was too far for the weak eyes of men.

Placing a finger against her cheek, Nurrantiel deliberated. The true thing to do would be to help her kin. Perhaps..? She nocked an arrow and let it fly into the foray. The men may decide they were surrounded with too much to lose, and leave. If not, well, she hadn't over committed herself.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 15th, 2010, 10:05 pm 
Maia
Maia

Goldleaf smiled fleetingly as Eruraina introduced herself, and readied herself for the raiders’ attack. As the she-elf parried and cut down two of the men, Goldleaf took care of two others, blocking a potential strike with one swift sweep of her sword. The man gritted his teeth, glaring at her, as she forced him backwards, proving stronger than him. There was a frenzied clash of metal as he struggled to ward her off, and she plunged the blade into his stomach. The dead man toppled to the ground, and she turned towards the next, whose skin was blanched with fear. She was too quick for him, and she swung her sword backwards as he crumpled to his knees; with one blow she struck off his head, blood spurting from his neck.

Goldleaf would have looked to the fifth and final surviving raider, when suddenly, as if out of no where, an arrow sang through the air, piercing his heart. As the corpse fell to the ground, a small silence reigned. The atmosphere suddenly seemed very cold, and quiet. Briefly, Goldleaf glanced around at the pile of dead bodies, before nodding to Eruraina. Her broadsword, which she had used so skillfully in the attack, was stained with blood. She did not sheath it yet, for she wished to know who their seemingly invisible helper was, and did not want to be caught off guard. She turned her head to sweep the landscape with an assessing blue gaze, before frowning and looking back at her acquaintance. “Do you see anyone?” she enquired. “I have not elf eyes.”

Her expression closed, she swiftly removed a piece of blood-stained cloth from her cloak pocket, wiping down the sword quickly, leaving it shining in the beginning of the early morning light. Lifting her head, she suddenly whistled into the air a single note. Through the fog, a grey horse came cantering up to her. It had obviously been waiting somewhere nearby, but had not been visible through the murkiness. Goldleaf gently stroked it’s mane as it bobbed it’s head in greeting and snorted, murmuring comforting words to it in her crisp accent.

She looked back towards Eruraina, offering a tiny smile. For one still young, Goldleaf seemed very grave. Her gaze carried a large depth of understanding and knowledge; there was wisdom there that had been earned through many difficult years, and a great deal of suffering. And yet she would not speak of her trials to anyone; as far as she was concerned, it was her own burden to bear. Looking away again, she clapped her gloved hands together for warmth, exhaling a cloud of breath into the chilly air. She still wished to know who had fired that arrow.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 15th, 2010, 11:40 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(Looks like it might be all girls as the moment, lol!)

The Gondorian woman took care of two of the other raiders easily, she saw. This was a woman of strength, a strength gained through hardship. She nodded to her and at her strength.

She didn't jump when an arrow embedded itself and killed the final bandit.
"Elven," she murmered, looking at the make of the arrow and its fletching. She scanned the area around them as she idly cleaned her blade with a cloth and sheathed it.

"Yes, I see someone," she said, spotting the figure in the distance. She raised a hand in thanks, and turned back to Goldleaf. "An elf on a far hill over there. Thank you for you help friend. I feel foolish falling into such an obvious trap, but I'm weary because I haven't rested in quite some time."

(gah... sorry for short bad post. My muse is almost dead at the moment if feels like)

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 16th, 2010, 9:10 pm 

Nurrantiel felt a brief stab of irritation as she saw her help went unneeded. The two others had taken care of the men, and she was sorry she got involved. Having shown her hand, there was not much more she could do besides reveal herself fully. The way the mortal had fought...Nurrantiel felt a grudging respect, albiet small, for the woman. Someone that youthful should not be able to fight that skillfully.

Laer snorted and whickered softly, sending a puff of breath to fog the air. Nurrantiel leaned down and patted him gently, feeling his muscles starting to tense from standing still so long.

May as well, she thought. She had already been acknowledged by the other. Urging Laer forward, Nurrantiel picked her way down from the higher ground. Reaching the party, she gave a cool nod.

"Greetings. I hope you are not too distressed?" She nudged her horse towards the felled bandit and dismounted to inspect her arrow. Making a tsking noise in the back of her throat, she took note of the notched head. Probably not worth salvaging, but she was unsure when she would return to her dwelling.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 29th, 2010, 11:07 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(I was hoping someone else would post before I did again... but guess not, so expect it to be somewhat short)

Eruraina nodded back to the elf who had helped them as she rode up. The she-elf turned to her own horse and grabbed the black mare's reins before she wandered too far since the horse had put it's head down to nibble at blades of grass for the moment that they were stopped.

"Distressed, not really. Weary is more like it," Eruraina replied, looking back toward Nurratiel(I swear this is the first time I've typed out your whole name, lol). "Thank you for your held. Im Eruraina of Imladris. Might I ask you of your name?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2010, 10:58 pm 
Vala
Vala

(I haven't joined a new RP for a *long* time. I'm so excited!)

Aravir should have known better than to camp in the middle of these woods, he just knew it. He was a dunadan, a ranger, skilled in the ways of wandering. He should have known better than hunker down in the middle of a bandit infested forest. True, he had reached a fuzzy sort of truce with the bandits -- they knew by now that Aravir never carried anything more valuable than his sword, and parting him from it would spill more blood than it was worth-- but bandits were desperate men, and the dead of night was no place for a lone traveler to be caught sleeping.

But sleeping he was. It was only by chance that he had woken in the middle f his slumber to hear the bandits trampling through the woods. He quickly threw dirt on the dying embers of his fire to cover their light, and then pressed himself up against the trunk of a tree. He was fairly well hidden by a thick wall of brambles, but the sound of footsteps kept growing closer. There were a lot of them; six, maybe seven in total. He was a good fighter, but he didn't like those odds. It was better to stay silent and be passed by. Besides, his sword was back by the fire. He cursed himself for that. There was no way he would be able to grab it without making noise. He would just have to wait for them to pass.

The bandits trampled their way past Aravir, coming within feet of his camp. In the pale dusk light his drab clothing hid him well. Once they were far enough away, he packed up his things and belted his sword. He hoped to be long gone before the bandits stirred up any trouble.

His hopes vanished when he heard the unmistakable sound of oncoming hoofbeats. No doubt the bandits heard it too, and would be waiting in ambush. He heard the growled threat from the bandit, and a startling female voice answer, startling because it held an elvish accent. This was no place for a lone female, even for an elf. He drew his sword and sneaked towards the sound of voices. He didn't want to get into a fight, but he couldn't leave a innocent to be hurt.

His fears were unfounded, however. As was walking towards the ambush, the sound of fighting broke out. he picked up his pace, hoping to help, but he arrived too late. The fight had already ended, with all ofthe bandits lying dead on the ground and two elves and a human girl conversing.

He tried to keep the look of shock off of his face as he entered the small clearing. He approached the three of them cautiously.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 1st, 2010, 8:52 pm 

(haha yeah, I keep trying to type "Nurr" and then have to keep going.)

Nurrantiel hesitated. The she-elf she could most likely trust --although she did not know much of the elves from Imladris-- but the other woman was listening. And who knew what devilry the shadow could make of mortal sport? They were weak, unable to resist like the fair folk. She could not take the risk of jeopardizing what little hold they had over the shadow in southern Mirkwood. Brow furrowing, she wondered how the other could not know what a precarious question that was. Was Imladris as secluded as the lore said?

Fortunately, she was kept from the decision. Unfortunately, that was because another mortal joined them. Yet...this one was different. He had the touch of an elf about him, somewhere. Yes, he was a different mortal. And, apparently, the man was surprised to see them. Not enough elf to have heard the situation, then. Still dangerous though. He held that sword like he had skill. By the looks of his clothes, he spent much time outside. Skill in woodcraft as well, then. Nurrantiel had heard legends of the dunadan. This one certainly fit the profile. But would he be a friend or foe?

All the thoughts ran through her mind in a flash. With practiced skill, she nocked another arrow and slightly bent her bow. Why had she let herself get entangled in this? If the man proved no threat, she'd leave. She must. Now was not the time to be engaged in chit-chat.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2010, 11:08 am 
Maia
Maia

(I’m sorry I’ve taken so long to post again, guys! O_o
Nauriel, this is going to sound really weird, but do you think there might be any chance of you perhaps changing your charrie’s name? =) It’s just that me and Nerissa once invented a shipping between my OC Goldleaf, and a ranger character also called Aravir :lol: )

Goldleaf watched silently as another female elf approached, engaging in conversation with Eruraina, but hesitating when her name was asked. Goldleaf could not help picking up on the fact that her mortal presence was very much disapproved of. Holding her tongue, she kept one gloved hand on her horse’s reins. Her blue gaze was very steady, and somewhat unnerving, as she simply observed without contributing a word. For some reason, Nurrantiel did not seem to like humans – although this had not been a problem with the red-haired elf. Goldleaf had only had a very few encounters with the fair folk, but she had once read that they were a friendly and welcoming kind. However, the atmosphere had become considerably frostier, particularly when a mortal man in ranger’s garb approached the group, and he was immediately greeted by the point of an elven arrow. Her brow furrowing ever so slightly, Goldleaf took a proper look at him. Surely, he must be one of the Dunadan? She was familiar with rangers, and on her travels had met many she now called friend.

Her glance switched quickly between Nurrantiel and the newcomer, before she calmly stepped forward. “Well met,” she addressed the man, evenly. Her crisp accent held an amiable ring, although her expression remained grave. She was a person who very rarely smiled. Turning her attention back towards the she-elf, she raised one slim eyebrow. “Come now, surely none of us are enemies here.” In her younger years, she’d been regaled with far-off tales of mortal and elven-folk fighting alongside one another. But times had changed; these days were dark, and distrust was commonplace.

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 6th, 2010, 11:00 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Eruraina was young compared to the rest of her kin. She did not have the years on her like most the other elves she knew. But this elf that had helped her somehow reminded Eruraina of he even younger self. Long ago when she held to respect or regard for mortals. Eruraina felt the tension that the elf was building between herself and Goldleaf. And in a way it was quite an annoyance. But the thoughts, spanning seconds, was interrupted by a fourth party.

Eruraina's back had been in the direction the new stranger had come, and quickly she whirled around and grabbed the hilt of her sword at her waste, ready for anything. But her grip relaxed when she recognized the worn leather attire as Dunedain. Eruraina glanced over at the other elf, who held her bow ready.

"The Dunedain only protect this land and its people. There is no reason to fear them, my friend," Eruraina said to the elf in their elegant language, placing a hand on her shoulder, but removed it quickly. Next she spoke to no one in particular.
"Well, isn't this one of the strangest chance meeting I've ever had. Not ever have I seen elven, Dunedain, and Gondorian together before..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 7th, 2010, 10:18 pm 
Vala
Vala

((Haha, yeah, I'll find a new name. His new name shall be....*drum roll please* Arrath! If that's a problem, well than tough noogies! :P ))

Just my luck Arrath said to himself as one of the elves pointed a knocked arrow at his chest. He raised his hands in submission, keeping a steady gaze on the elf that was threatening to shoot him dead. What a welcome this is. I try to help someone out, and I end up with a weapon aimed at my heart. It wasn't that Arrath wasn't used to having weapons pointed at him. In fact, he was accustomed to it. One couldn't rightfully claim the title of "Ranger" without a fair share of fighting. What he wasn't used to was being threatened by someone he had meant to help, and on top of that a female elf. The other two beings --another female elf and a female human--seemed much less upset by his arrival.

The human greeted him crisply, and he only gave her a kick nod of recognition before he turned his eyes back towards the elf with the bow. The second elf--the one notpointing a weapon at him--had already approached the first elf and addressed her in their own tongue. She then spoke allowed to everybody, trying to break the tension that had settled over them all.

"It is strange, I agree" he spoke. "But I mean you no harm. I heard fighting, and I know thieves regularly haunt this road. I was only trying to assist. I see however, that my aid was unnecessary" he glanced at the dead bodies that littered the path to make his point. "My name is Arrath, and I am a Dunadan ranger. I request that you lower your bow."

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 7th, 2010, 11:50 pm 

(Actually, to clarify, I haven't pointed the bow at anyone. Just holding it ready to raise if someone's a threat. :teehee: )

"Even the most noble of mortal man may fall prey to the shadow," Nurrantiel responded to Eruraina. Even so, she brought her bow back. The man was not a threat. "I...apologize for the bow. I am under some tension and not apt to trust outsiders, especially mortals." It was a perfectly logical statement, as anyone could know. She gave another sidelong glance at the woman.

It was strange to see such a person out alone. The Dunedan was one thing, but most of mankind stayed in their cities of stone. This one was an oddity. Nurrantiel felt an inquisitive streak run through her. And, to see such a group....Eruraina's comment almost felt of prophecy. A ranger.

"You are a ranger. Tell me, do you oft travel in the lands on the southern boundary of Mirkwood?"

[so I have no idea when this is set or where this is going, but I've been thinking there could be something in the Dul Guldur area? ]

Profile       WWW