Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 10:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Inn-Keeper's Daughter
PostPosted: November 21st, 2010, 11:46 pm 
Maia
Maia

Bloodied faces. Orphaned children. Weary travelers. These were a few of the many types of things and people that Amara had seen in the Lavender Hill Inn, in which she had an occupation. She was the Inn-Keeper's daughter -- Daughter of Mirdrel Linwe. He was a highly respectable man, due to all of the people he had let stay in his inn. When he passed away, everything was placed in Amara's small hands. Many times, she was mocked and pushed around, due to her being half elf and half human. She didn't ever quite understand, but she knew that someday... She would have to just deal with everything that was thrown at her. All of the harsh words, all of the trials and tribulations. So far, she was doing a very good job at it.

The morning sun rose over the large trees in Mirkwood, bringing in rays of light into the beautiful wood. Hearing birds chirping through her bedroom window, Amara slowly rose from her lying position in her bed. She sat up straight and blinked a few times, letting her crystal-blue eyes scan over her surroundings -- A room that was in dire need of some cleaning. Father would have been quite upset at me, if he had ever seen my room like this... Amara thought to herself. She sighed a bit, trying to just shrug off the feeling she got, whenever she thought back to when her father was alive. Pain and loneliness. She hated that he was gone. He always had given her joy and peace of mind.

After getting ready for the day and giving her poor room some attention, Amara slowly walked downstairs to the main hall and started cleaning off the counters a bit. She knew that travelers would be coming soon and even regular customers, for her very special ale which came straight from Hobbiton. (She had quite a few connections from there...)

She was ready for them.

Siggy set made by the amazing Lembas!

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 29th, 2010, 11:01 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(This topic looks like it's been lonely, lol!)

Traveling through Mirkwood can be weary, exhausting, business if you don't know what you're doing. In the depths there's always the darkness under the boughs of the trees, and the treacherous water of the black river that can put you to sleep. And don't forget those nasty spiders, big horrible things, and one bite from one can be terribly poisonous and deadly.

And despite all of this, Gain(pronounced Guy-in) had a very boring and uneventful time on his travels through the forest for Mirkwood. He was still dusty, dirty, and tired, but not overly so. He was used to sleeping on the ground, but didn't like to do so, so he always looked forward to a real bed whenever he spotted an Inn.

And that's just what was going through his mind when he spotted the Lavender Hill Inn. It looked charming enough sitting in a place where the trees were thinner and the light of the sun could shine through, giving the building an iridescent glow and making it look welcoming. So soon he stood in the doorway of the Inn, his rough black leather travel wear worn and dirty, the end of his cloak tattered, and his scruffy dirty-blond hair even scruffier. The only thing that looked entirely clean were his clear sky-blue eyes and the sword at his hip.

Looking around the room he saw only one other person. A girl wiping a counter top with a rag. There was a long moment of silence, in which Gain realized he was glaring, and decided to replace the glare with a friendly smile.
"Mae Govannen, might you know, or be, the manager of this Inn?" he asked...

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2010, 12:34 am 
Maia
Maia

(Haha trust me... It HAS been lonely. xD)

Amara was stuck in almost a trance-like daydream, which seemed to happen all too often, due to having few travelers lately. Her nightmares even haunted her during the day and she had no earthly idea why. A women speaking in fluent Elvish, in fear for her life. The women elf was about to die from the piercing of an arrow. The killer was unknown. She didn't know if she was having visions or if it was just a reoccuring dream that she was cursed with. The whole time she thought of this, she had been cleaning the counter in the same spot. She hadn't even realized that a man had walked into the inn, until she heard his voice. This made her jump from being caught off guard. She quickly turned around with wide eyes and saw that it was just a traveler. She laughed a bit nervously and placed her hand over her chest slightly, smiling. "Oh, I'm so sorry. You startled me... Mae Govannen to you as well, dear traveler. I am the manager of the inn. And who may you be?" She asked him softly.

His appearance may have seemed filthy and full of uncleanliness, but Amara could see the man underneath the grime. It was a very handsome man. She saw his gorgeous blue eyes that seemed to mimick her own and his dirty blond hair. She tilted her head to the side, trying to unnoticeably look him over while waiting for his answer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2010, 1:17 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Gain couldnt help but grin at noticing he had startled the woman. She looked young for managing a business. But then again he did too when he wasnt dirty and travel worn.
"I'm a traveler looking for a meal and a nice bed. I go by the name Gain. Gain Rosewynd." He gave her a charming half smile. He bowed and noticed the trail of dirt he had tracked in and scratched the back of his head. "And a bath wouldn't be too bad since I havent had one since Vala knows when..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2010, 1:35 am 
Maia
Maia

Amara giggled a bit at what Gain said and smiled, nodding to him. "Well, you came to the right place." She said to him softly and then placed the rag on the countertop, before curtsying to him. "Pedich Edhellen?" She asked him in Elvish and clasped her hands together in front of her, waiting for a reply from him. She didn't know what it was about him, but he seemed very familiar. Like she had met him before. But, she had no idea where she had seen him before. She bit her lower lip and tried to figure it out. But, nothing was clicking in her head.

(Translation: Do you speak Elvish?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2010, 2:06 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

The thought that this girl had the cutest giggle went through Gain's mind. He sighed in releif at her reply. "Good. I'm a bit tired of roots poking my back and waybread."
When she spoke to him in elvish he took another look at her. At first glance he thought her to be mortal. But now he saw an air of Eldar about her. Half elf.
"Pelin pedi i lam edhellen. Man eneth lín?" He replied in elvish, his voice growing richer like the language when doing so...

{T: I speak the elvish language. What is your name?}

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2010, 2:59 am 
Maia
Maia

Amara heard Gain's perfect Elvish and the way that his voice changed, when he spoke the beautiful language. She smiled a bit and looked over his face slightly, before curtsying to him again. "Amara eneth nîn." She replied to him, looking into his eyes. She smiled a little more and then got a pint, pouring some ale into it. She then handed it to him, making it seem like it was as an offering to him. "Aníral maded?" She added and didn't take her eyes off of him. She wanted to make sure that she took very good care of him. This was the first time in a long time that no one was at her inn. And now that Gain was there, it renewed her faith in the inn and that she was actually doing a good job at keeping it up. She wanted to make her father proud, even if he wasn't around anymore.

(1st T: My name is Amara.)
(2nd T: Do you want to eat?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2010, 2:23 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(Since in reality my elvish is limited to the few wibsites I go to for translations, from here it will be a mixture of english and elvish, in which case if what he is saying is in italics, that means he's speaking in elvish, if that's alright.)

"Amara, a very beautiful and noble name," he said, and accepted the cup, swishing the liquid around before swallowing many mouthfuls down his parched throat. He handed the now empty cup back to her with a thankful smile.
"Tancave, rim hennaid," he replied at her offer of food. "But if you don't mind I would like to wash up first."
He adjusted his cloak and quiver to a more comfortable possision on his shoulders...

{T: Yes, many thanks}

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2010, 2:30 pm 
Maia
Maia

(Yes, that's perfectly fine. It's actually a really smart idea.)

Amara nodded to Gain and smiled to him, happily. "I'll make your food as soon as you're done bathing." She said to him softly and then took back his cup. She sighed happily and then set the cup down on the counter, before putting her attention back on him. "Let me show you to your sleeping quarters." She said to him softly and then slowly started walking out of the room, waiting for him to catch up a bit. She walked down a hall and then stopped in front of a wooden door that was at the end. She grabbed the iron handle and pushed it open, revealing a very nice room that had candles everywhere, for when the sun fell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2010, 9:04 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Gain followed her down the hall with his long strides. Upon being showed the room, he nodded, scanning it with his blue eyes somewhat critically. It was comfortable and well kept. His eyes especially lingered on the wash basin the corner. He stepped into the room and smelt a kind of welcoming musty smell that reminded him of home.

He expressed his thanks to her and waited for her to leave before shutting and locking the door. Quickly Gain undressed and filled the was basin with a pitcher of water next to it, and with a clean rag quickly washed himself. He even used the rest of the water from the pitcher to pour over his head above the basin to rinse his hair.

With his body clean, Gain started shaking out his cloths, making sure all the dirt stayed in a neat pile that would be easy to clean. He even scraped the mud off the bottom of his boots. And soon he was dressed again.

Now his hair, that had looked dirty-blond, now looked it's natural color. More of a golden blond. He had run his fingers through it to straighten it so it no longer stuck out in every which direction and laid a little nicer on his head. His face was young but weathered. His skin was neither pale nor tan, but a nice happy medium. And the cleanliness seemed to only make his eyes more noticeable since they were his dominant feature.

All cleaned up and dressed, he went back out to the common room and took a seat at the nearest table. He had entered so silently even elven ears would have had a hard time hearing him. Which gave him the opportunity to watch Amara work for a moment. Because never before had he met such a young half-elven, and curiosity made him wonder about the story of her parents.

Now Gain could small food being cooked, and he waited patiently as his stomach let out a loud growl of complaint...

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 1st, 2010, 4:57 am 
Maia
Maia

Amara watched as Gain entered the room and then let him close the door. She knew that he needed to bathe, after having endured harsh weather conditions previously. She slowly walked back down to the hall to the main room and then started preparing some food for the kind-looking gentleman. She was making some fresh lembas bread and a bit of meat that she had saved for visitors. It took her some time to make it, but she knew that she had nothing but time. Gain was washing up and there was really no one else at the inn, so she was in a good spot.

Finally finishing her food, she got a plate out and stuck it all on it. She then turned around and gasped a bit, seeing Gain there already. She giggled a bit and put her free hand over her chest. "You scared me again!" She said to him, slightly amused at herself for how easily she was getting frightened. She hadn't heard him come into the room at all, which was a bit unnerving.

Slowly walking over to the table he was sitting at, she placed the plate of food right in front of him, while giving him her best smile. "Enjoy, dear traveler." She said softly, before curtsying slightly and then backing away carefully. She wanted him to fully enjoy his experience while at the inn. She would try and give him the best days of his life there, even if they were few.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 1st, 2010, 3:51 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Gain chuckled. He really hadn't meant to startle her again, but then again when someone seems to just appear, how could he not? He thanked her for the food and quickly ate, clearing his plate in no time. When he wad done he sat back contentedly.

"That was delicious. You are a find cook, m'lady," he said with a gentle smile, running fingers through his hair...

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 1st, 2010, 8:13 pm 
Maia
Maia

Amara smiled to Gain's compliment on her cooking skills. "It was not a problem at all, sir. I am very pleased that you found enjoyment within it." She said softly and then gently took the plate from him, setting it down on the counter. She looked around the main hall and took a deep breath, only wishing that there were more people. She bit her lower lip and then looked over to Gain, smiling a little more. "Come... I wish to show you something." She said to him softly.

She couldn't wait to show him what she wanted to show him. Not many people had been there, so they hadn't a clue what was behind the walls of the Lavender Inn. What beauty was stored there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 1st, 2010, 8:25 pm 
Maia
Maia

((this looks good. I might join. Could I use the same character from our crossover but of course with the proper changes. That would also mean she is the sister again, is that ok?))

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 1st, 2010, 8:27 pm 
Maia
Maia

[Sounds good to me, Misa!!!]

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 1st, 2010, 8:37 pm 
Maia
Maia

((ok. Awsome.))

Fiona shifted the burden on her back. She had been walking for many a mile. She had left her home on the death of her father. She had learned, just before he died, that she had been given to him as an infant so he would raise her. Her mother, he had been told by the old man that delivered her, had been killed.

Fiona had not known what to say. He told her to go out, find her roots. To leave the small village she had grown up in. Fiona didn't want to leave her home, but upon his death, her fathers property was split among family, and though she wasn't blood, she was able to have some items despite she was not allowed to stay there.