Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Twilight & Shadow
PostPosted: November 1st, 2011, 8:26 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(I live, but just barely. College is keeping me super busy, but I should get a post up soon because we have a break!)

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2011, 5:55 am 

[ Hey Mae! Great to hear from you! I'm looking forwawrd to your posts! :) Do you mind of Goldy and I keep on posting in order to keep the RPGs from dying? :) ]

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

PostPosted: November 12th, 2011, 9:53 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Of course not! I should not have much trouble catching up)

Set 1: Nurr | Set 2: Me

PostPosted: December 11th, 2011, 6:40 pm 

[ I cannot remember that I've read this post before so..yay!
*looks sneakily at Goldy and offers cake*
I guess its your turn to post now.. :) ]

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2011, 8:47 pm 

[ Just a small bump. I hope this isn't dying.. Perhaps I might post a new reply for Beör just to keep this going. :) ]

PostPosted: December 27th, 2011, 10:42 am 

[ Just a short post to liven this thread up! :) ]

The flames crackled noisily in the large fire place and the Golden Hall was filled with loud chattering and laughter. Delicious meat off the bone, beer and the renowned wine from the Southfarthing and a large variety of bread, cheese and fruit were present on each of the long wooden tables. The banquets at the court of King Theoden of Rohan were known for its abundance. The was a lot of entertainment and the Horselords were good company, which made the long journey to Meduseld worth the effort. He laughed and was merry with those sitting at his table and only looked at the beautiful women in the Hall, feeling quite at home. But not even Aragorn, his friend and mentor, had he told that Rohan had once been his home...

The cold was intense; his limbs were not just stiff and cold, but Beör was chilled to the bone. Although he was used to it, Beör was at times overwhelmed by this freezing cold and hardly able to control his trembling body. With longing in his eyes he looked at his plate that had been filled earlier. Soon his gnawing hunger won it from the anticipation of having something to eat, and Beör crouched over to his plate and started to wolf down its contents. Although the meat was rancid and the bread old and hard, he ate it all, hoping to relief the painful pangs of hunger. His plate was all too soon empty and in order to distract him mind from the longing for more food, he seated himself near the bars of his cell.

“Tell me something,” he suddenly said, not sure if Arawen was awake or not. “How is it like? Out there.. what is happening there?”

PostPosted: December 27th, 2011, 11:17 am 
Maia
Maia

(Awesome post! <333)

Arawen had long remained silent, lying flat on her back in her freezing cold cell and staring up at the ceiling. Her body, too, was trembling, but her thoughts were drifting far away, to a place she was sure she’d never clap eyes on again. She thought of her beautiful home in Gondor, and her family who had once occupied it with her, but who would only ever grace it once more as ghosts. She felt hot tears welling in her eyes, and allowed them to run down her cheeks, leaving tracks. She didn’t even try to wipe them away.

Only Beör’s voice alerted her from her dreams, and she blinked suddenly, surprised by the question. He had every right to ask, of course, but what could she tell him? What could she give him that was bright, happy and hopeful? The world outside was standing on the brink of something dreadful, and she’d never been sure what it was until now, now that she was trapped within the walls of Mordor itself.

Slowly, she shifted herself upwards. She, too, had been left a meager meal today, but so far she hadn’t touched it. She was terribly hungry though, so without any concern about how abhorrent the food was, she picked up the loaf of bread and tore a chunk off. When she’d finished eating the chunk she looked over towards the ranger, trying to judge what it was he wanted to hear. It was clear to her: he wanted the truth.

“Things are changing,” she told him, quietly. “The world isn’t the place it used to be. Gondor certainly is not.” She moved closer towards the bars so that she could look Beör in the eye. “Out there… there are always rumors these days, whispers. It’s fear. Minas Tirith almost sits on Mordor’s lap; anyone would be afraid. But fear can breed more fear…” She was obviously struggling. Quickly, she reached out for more bread, even though it tasted dreadful. “I see it all so well now. Everything outside that was once pure and good… someday it’ll all be replaced by this.” She gestured to their cells, the thick bars. “Everyone prisoners.”

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

PostPosted: December 27th, 2011, 3:27 pm 

[Thank you!! I loved yours as well! :-D We should do some T&S plotting! :happy: ]

Beör listened quietly to Arawen's words, with a frowned face. He listened how she mentioned the fear, Gondor's precarious position and he knew what she meant. The whispers about a nameless fear, rumours about a shadow in the East, the unsettling feeling of the presence of a dark force nearby. What the Wise feared years and years ago, did the common man now feel as well. Beör thought of the quest he had undertaken until he was subdued by his captors and of the creature he had hunted. He longed to hear more specifics of Arawen, but he didn't want to push her.

He looked at the pale girl through his bars, catching her gaze and he nodded. "War is coming." He brushed his long blond hair from his face and started to pace through his small cell before continuing with a slightly frustrated undertone. "It might take months or years, but the shadow will gradually spread through the whole of Middle Earth. All that once was good and pure will be covered in darkness." Beör stopped pacing and tried to ignore the powerlessness that overwhelmed him. He listened for a moment if Urúvion or any other cursed servant of the Mouth was approaching the cells, but when there was only total silence, he directed his piercing blue gaze back to Arawen.

"What is the Steward's response to the growing threat from Mordor? Has the White Council already met? Is anything happening at all?"

PostPosted: January 26th, 2012, 7:50 pm 
Maia
Maia

“You ask me questions as if I were a politician.” Arawen spoke quietly as she picked at the slice of meat on her plate, wondering what kind of animal it was from. She’d eaten all the bread and she was still starving, but even she couldn’t force herself to eat something she was half-sure could have been human meat. Slowly, she smiled a sad, apologetic smile as she looked at the ranger in the cell opposite hers. “I’m sorry, I don’t mean to snap… but my father doesn’t… I mean… he didn’t… attend the Steward’s court very often. Not recently. He fell out of favor somewhat, though he hoped to regain his position. I daresay now that he’s dead he will be given a grand mausoleum.” She laughed shortly, harshly.

She rested her dark-haired head gently against the bars as she thought. “I don’t know as much as you’d like me to tell you,” she said, eventually. “I wish I knew more, but all I have are fragments, bits and pieces of a puzzle. I can tell you one thing: the Lord Denathor has acquired something recently, a secret weapon of some sort. They say he locks himself away and tries to see the future.” Her eyelashes brushed her cheeks as she narrowed her gaze a fraction. “Who knows what that could mean?”

~~Siggy by Lembas~~