Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 9:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2403 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 151  Next
 Post subject: A road less Traveled
PostPosted: July 26th, 2011, 9:29 pm 
Istari
Istari

Anyone want to RP? I will be using Nienna, open to all!

Post subject: Re: A road less Traveled
PostPosted: July 26th, 2011, 9:39 pm 
Istari
Istari

Nienna vewed the darkening sky, and urged her horse, Raven, faster. She began scouting for a good place to set up for camp. She had been traveling a total of eight days. The road she traveled was empty, she preferred a less traveled path. As the daylight waned, she picked a spot underneath a weeping willow tree. After starting a fire, she unsaddled Raven and got out her things which consisted of a bed roll, a small meal of bread, water and dried meat, and a flute. After eating, she began to play an old elvish lullaby on her flute. Music always relaxed her.

PostPosted: July 26th, 2011, 10:02 pm 
Maia
Maia

(I'm in :) whats the context? or should I just jump in with a post? :) )

PostPosted: July 26th, 2011, 10:03 pm 
Istari
Istari

(yay!! Just jump in! I have a description of my charries on another post, tells ya a little bit about Nienna :))

PostPosted: July 26th, 2011, 10:21 pm 
Maia
Maia

(ok sounds good :) out of curiosity how often would you post? I'd probably manage at least once a day, just wondering :lol: always good to know. btw I like your character :) )

Name: Niko
Race: Human
Appearance: Slightly taller than average. Well built with about shoulder length dirty blonde hair and brown eyes. ( If theres need for a picture http://singlarity.files.wordpress.com/2 ... =490&h=346 ) Has hard leather bracers on each arm and shoulder pauldrons as well as a long black cloak with a hood. Has light boots for walking.
Personality: Depending on his mood he can be different. He is quiet and thinks before he speaks though at times he can be sarcastic. Is kind to those whom he respects however it isn't easy to earn his trust. At times he can become hot headed and reckless sometimes this leads to jeopardizing his own safety if he feels the need.
History: He knew nothing of his parents as they dissappeared when he was just a year old. He was taken in by his uncle who gave him a necklace that he now wears that once belonged to his father. He was taught how to handle a blade as well as a bow however he is far better skilled with a sword. Was also taught how to track people and animals. He left his uncle to go and see the world and has spent much time wandering and has experience out in the wild.
Weapons/Abilities: Two swords that he was taught to fight with simultaneously. Bow and a quiver of arrows.
Anything extra: Can ride horses but doesnt mind walking either.

Niko had been travelling for days without meeting anyone. He was thankful for that. No news is good news he thought to himself. He had heard of some small bans of enemies surfacing but nothing to cause outright alarm.
He continued walking under the night sky hearing nothing except the occasional owl or cricket. Until he had a feeling he was not alone. He crouched and hid and studied his surroundings. He then saw a horse and a rider. His hands reached to his swords. He knew the stories of the black riders yet he believed they had all perished. Yet he knew better than not to prepare himself.
As the rider grew closer he noticed it was a woman. Strange he thought to himself. A woman riding alone is a rare sight.

He watched her dismount and unsaddle the horse. He decided to move forward and went within speaking distance of her. One of his hands on one of his swords just in case he needed it. ''Hello'' he called out to her, pausing to see her reaction. We shall see what happens he thought grimly.

PostPosted: July 26th, 2011, 10:28 pm 
Istari
Istari

(I usually post often. I work all day but post a bit when I come home at night :) and thanks! I like yours too!)

Nienna stopped playing the flute and straightened her five foot frame, standing. "hello?" she replied, her own hand resting on her sword. No one traveled this road, she thought. She carefully kept her face turned away from the fire, effectively hiding her features. "Tis rather late to be traveling, don't you think?" she asked cautiously, wondering how this meeting might end. She peered through the darkness, trying to spot the person who had spoken.

PostPosted: July 26th, 2011, 10:36 pm 
Maia
Maia

(cool sounds good. Thanks :) )

''Yes it is late... and dangerous'' he added. He moved closer so that she could see him. He saw her hand resting on her sword. Smart he said to himself. '' I was travelling and I saw you approach. I liked your music'' he added with a slight smirk He stopped a few meters away from her so as not to alarm her. ''What may I ask, are you doing out in the wild by yourself?''

PostPosted: July 26th, 2011, 10:41 pm 
Istari
Istari

(yup yup!)

"Tis only dangerous to those who travel without thought or weapon." she smiled "thank you." she said, not sure if he meant it as a compliment or not. Keeping her hand near her sword, she relaxed a bit, yet remained at the ready should he attempt anything. "I am just traveling. I enjoy it, I left Gon..er, I left home and decided to travel and see the places I might not see otherwise. Which begs the question, why are you doing the same thing?" she squinted her eyes. Feeling both wary and curious about the stranger "And traveling on this road, as well. Very few pass by this way."

PostPosted: July 26th, 2011, 10:47 pm 
Maia
Maia

He returned her smile, hoping to put her at ease. He suspected she was from Gondor though it seemed she was reluctant to let him know too much. He decided to reply with enough information to be safe yet at the same time polite.
''Yes it is true, seldom do people travel this path. I am merely a ranger wandering the wilds. I am called Niko'' he said inclining his head slightly.

PostPosted: July 26th, 2011, 10:54 pm 
Istari
Istari

"Nice to meet you." she replied, and, seeing him smile, she relaxed a bit more. "I am Nienna." she dipped her head slightly, in greeting and out of habit. She hoped he wouldn't recognize her name as Faramir's daughter. She looked at him for a second, then stepped aside "care to sit by the fire a bit?" she invited, noting that he hadn't tried anything yet, and she might as well allow him to get warmed up a bit.

PostPosted: July 26th, 2011, 11:02 pm 
Maia
Maia

Nienna. There is something familiar about that name. Though Niko couldnt recall where exactly he had heard it before. The name itself was one of status. Perhaps it will come to me later. When one travels often it sometimes clouds the mind.
''Nienna, it is a noble name.'' he said shortly, still trying to think where he had heard it.''Thank you'' he said with a warm smile as she invited him to sit by the fire.
He sat down and warmed himself, pulling his cloak tighter around him. He removed his hand from his sword but was still wary. Though if she meant me harm she would have acted by now he thought.

PostPosted: July 26th, 2011, 11:08 pm 
Istari
Istari

She nodded as she sat by the fire as well "thank you, it is a bit noble I suppose." she said as she stuck another branch onto the fire. She was relieved had had not recognized her name. She carefully kept the left side of her face hidden by her long black hair. "So, a ranger, eh?" she looked at him through the flames "Do rangers always wander about in the dark in the wild?" she asked, her eyes glinting with mischief. She already knew the answer, she just wanted to hear what he would say. Raven snorted, as if adding to the conversation.

PostPosted: July 26th, 2011, 11:15 pm 
Maia
Maia

He let out a hearty laugh at her words. ''What else is there for a ranger to do? It is important that we not get complacent with ourselves. It would not do for evil to return. '' He paused for a moment.
''and I happen to enjoy long walks'' he added with a smile hoping to lighten the conversation.
''What of you? What business have you outside Gondor?'' he added slyly. While he still wasn't sure of the origin of her name he knew she was a woman of Gondor.

PostPosted: July 26th, 2011, 11:20 pm 
Istari
Istari

Ah, so he had cought her blunder from before. She chewed her bottom lip, laughing at his reply, although wondering how she could redirect the conversation "I have no business outside of Gondor. Only that of traveling." she grinned "aye, what else is there for a bored woman to do?" she shook her head as she laughed "Indeed it would be a long walk without a horse! But aye, well worth it!" she began to study him, aware that he was still not completely at ease

PostPosted: July 26th, 2011, 11:30 pm 
Maia
Maia

He laughed slightly as she seemed to become a little nervous.
''True. Wanderlust lies within us all in some form. Yes very far without a horse, yet I prefer to walk. I find it safer albeit slower.''
He paused, thinking hard about her name. Nienna, it is a name of some status. He thought of Rohan but then remembered her being from Gondor. She is not the child of King Elessar and Arwen Undomiel.
It then came to him. Nienna, daughter of Lord Faramir and Lady Eowyn. A knowing smile showed on his face. He wondered if he should let her know who he thought she was or if he should keep it to himself.

PostPosted: July 26th, 2011, 11:35 pm 
Istari
Istari

"In some form it does." she agreed, then chuckled "it is a bit safer, I'll give you that. She noticed a strange smile on his face, and instantly became uncomfortable. "uhm..." she didn't know what to say, the look on his face was definitely strange. "so...uhm.." she fidgeted with the ends of her hair.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2403 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 151  Next