Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I amar prestar aen-
PostPosted: August 15th, 2011, 11:09 am 
Maia
Maia

I amar prestar aen...

This RP is set TA 3019, around the time the Fellowship of the Ring would have passed through Moria. What would have happend if they set out for Lorien and encountered a group of elves from Mirkwood, on their way to Lothlorien searching for advice on how to handle the growing darkness emanating from Dol Guldur?

The Fellowship:

Aragorn- Will
Legolas- Naerwen
Boromir- Rhavaniel
Gimli- Naerwen
Frodo- Shadowcat
Sam-
Merry- Amara
Pippin-

OCs:

Rhavaniel Falathiel

Name: Rhavaniel Falathiel
Race: Elf
Appearance: Short for an elf, but with bright green eyes and pale skin. Her hair is long, unyielding and black. She wears mostly dark colours and only her mother's ring around her neck for jewlery.
Personality: Since the betrayal of her husband deeply wounded her pride, she became more easy to anger than perhaps an elf should be. Is very loyal and places herself last in most situations.
Weapons: A treasured black longbow with gold markings and long arrows fletched with owl feathers. Carries knives and an old longsword.
History: Kept quiet. It is known that she was a highly respected warrior and fought for Lindon in the Battle of Fornost and Greenwood during the Siege of Baradûr. Was a close friend to Thranduil and his family, but disappeared after the disgrace of her husband following his imprisonment, torture, and subsequent treachery during the Last Alliance. The information he gave led to the storming of King Oropher's camp and his subsequent death. Locien was released from his prison, but never returned to his family or Mirkwood again. Her twin brother spent some time looking for her, but eventually gave her up for dead or fading.
Other info: Spent long years as Mirkwood's marchwarden and then as a well respected and successful field marshal. Is known to the population of Dale as she and her twin brother Sadron the White carried on her mother's trade practices after her death.

Name: Sadron the White
Appearance: Tall, slender and pale; white skin and hair with intelligent pinkish eyes.
Personality: A very gentle character compared to his twin, who does not believe in violence of any kind. Was once arrested on account of harbouring an uruk child and trying to teach it elvish. An extremely curious elf who handles himself with much restraint.
Weapons: The longbow if necessary.
History: N/A

Shadowcat

Name: Ilasrian Lotherin
Appearance: Tall, with long golden-brown hair, usually pulled back. Light green eyes. Wears a simple travelling outfit in shades of green and silver, although it is finely detailed and embroidered.
Weapons: A light bow and arrows, and a shortsword.
Personality: Kind, as a rule, but fiercely defends her opinions and ideas. A thinker rather than a fighter, Ilasrian would prefer to learn the most effective way to defeat an enemy before blindly attempting to do so.
History: (Still working on this part, but I have it in my mind that at least one relative of hers lives in Lothlorien, giving her reason to occasionally travel between there and Mirkwood.)

Naerwen

Name: Marylyn Gladomain
Appearance: Is an average height of 5 foot 4. Has pale skin with light blue eyes and long blonde hair that falls to the small of her back. She wears the usual green tunic and trousers, with light brown boots when on duty. However when off duty she tends to wear elegent dresses of a variety of colours. Around her neck she wears a chain with a ring upon it.
Personality: Marylyn tends to keep herself to herself. However she is loyal to the few she holds as dear friends. She is a determined and focused person and works as hard as she can.
Weapons: A long bow, and a sword with elvish markings.

Amara

Name: Amara Thandiel
Race: Half-Elf (So she thinks.)
Appearance: As most typical she-elves, Amara is quite beautiful. Her hair is a gorgeous blond; reaching all the way down to her lower back and naturally straight. Her eyes hold an ocean blue hue in them and are the windows to her soul. Her skin is pale in comparison to a human's tanned skin and her ears are pointed at the tip, which is typical for elves.
Personality: Amara is a very free spirit; loving everything about nature and all that it possesses. She can be quite bubbly, but if there is work to be done and business to attend to, she'll make sure that the task at hand is completed in no time at all. She knows when to be serious.
Weapons: Amara has a beautiful hand-made bow that accompanies custom arrows inside of a leather quiver. Her arrows are known to always have the feathers of a red color. She also carries a sword on her side and a dagger on a holder that is placed on her upper thigh.
History: Amara is secretly the princess of her land, but she doesn't know anything about it. Her father put her in hiding due to a family secret that he was scared someone would find out. He didn't want anything to happen to her, so he had one of his servants become her ranger "father". She thinks that her mother died a long time ago. She has no clue about anything. But, she has a really elaborate necklace that she had since she was young, but her "father" told her to keep it hidden underneath her clothes for as long as she could. She could never understand why, but he told her that someday she would understand and find out the reason why.
Other info: She's very skilled in combat and archery, due to her "father's" training. She loves nature and can even speak to it. That's part of her powers. She's on a journey to figure out who she is destined to become, because she hasn't the slightest clue.

Arabella Baggins

Name: Arabella (Ari) Granger
Race: Human
Appearance: Dark brown hair that reaches her shoulder blades, wide blue-green eyes. She stands at 5'3" and dresses in men's clothing while traveling. At all times, she wears a crystalline necklace in the shape of a teardrop, that has belonged in her family for ages.
Weapons: A simple sword given to her by Aragorn, though she has not much skill with a blade--but her skill with a bow is worse. As a sorceress, she also carries a book of spells given to her when the Fellowship passed through Lothlorien, but she is nowhere near good enough to master them yet, especially without the aid of Gandalf.
Personality: Extremely stubborn and fiercely loyal. She is curious by nature and enjoys singing in any situation. Believes herself to be not nearly as courageous as the others, but can prove her worth in battle when the situation calls for it. She is extremely talkative, which can be the cause of headaches for Aragorn as he tries to lead the Fellowship in Gandalf's absence.
History: Ari was born in Rohan, but remembers very little of her time there. She was the second of four daughters, but her family perished in a fire when she was seven years old. After this, she became a wanderer, trying her best just to stay alive and travelling from place to place. Truths about the cause of her family's death have recently come to light after looking in Galadriel's mirror, which have caused Ari considerable emotional pain. She also has begun to realize that she has fallen in love with Frodo, but she'll never admit it until their task is done.
Other: As stated before, she is a sorceress, and her main talents are shield spells and healing, though the latter drains her energy as she uses it.

. O r b i s N o n S u f f i c i t .

Last edited by Rhavaniel Falathiel on September 5th, 2011, 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: I amar prestar aen-
PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 6:00 pm 

I love the idea of this RP -- haven't joined one in awhile, but I've been wanting to. :)

That said, I'm away from home for the rest of this week and next week, so I wouldn't really be able to post anything decent until after that. Maybe you could wait to start it, or I'll just jump in later if other people want to join/start, if that's okay? :)

PostPosted: August 18th, 2011, 12:42 pm 
Maia
Maia

Sounds great! No pressure- It was a while since I've even posted ;) I'd imagine we'll have gathered a few more by the week after next and if not- I don't mind, I'm just happy to be back :)

PostPosted: August 25th, 2011, 10:14 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Mind if I join Rhav? :goofy:

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 25th, 2011, 10:49 am 
Maia
Maia

Not at all! :)

PostPosted: August 25th, 2011, 11:01 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Name: Marylyn Gladomain
Appearance: Is an average height of 5 foot 4. Has pale skin with light blue eyes and long blonde hair that falls to the small of her back. She wears the usual green tunic and trousers, with light brown boots when on duty. However when off duty she tends to wear elegent dresses of a variety of colours. Around her neck she wears a chain with a ring upon it.
Personality: Marylyn tends to keep herself to herself. However she is loyal to the few she holds as dear friends. She is a determined and focused person and works as hard as she can.
Weapons: A long bow, and a sword with elvish markings.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 29th, 2011, 9:30 pm 

Alright, I've got a rough bio put together, thought I'd better post it before perfecting it, because who knows how long that'd take. :P

Name: Ilasrian Lotherin
Appearance: Tall, with long golden-brown hair, usually pulled back. Light green eyes. Wears a simple travelling outfit in shades of green and silver, although it is finely detailed and embroidered.
Weapons: A light bow and arrows, and a shortsword.
Personality: Kind, as a rule, but fiercely defends her opinions and ideas. A thinker rather than a fighter, Ilasrian would prefer to learn the most effective way to defeat an enemy before blindly attempting to do so.
History: (Still working on this part, but I have it in my mind that at least one relative of hers lives in Lothlorien, giving her reason to occasionally travel between there and Mirkwood.)

PostPosted: August 30th, 2011, 5:28 am 

Rhav! I would love to RP with you once again! (It's been 4 years! :P ) I believe you're still in need of Fellowship characters? I would love to take Aragorn on me, perhaps another charrie from the Fellowship. :)

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

PostPosted: August 30th, 2011, 12:38 pm 
Maia
Maia

Hey! Sure! :) Looking forward to it ;) You reckon we should wait before starting?

PostPosted: August 30th, 2011, 1:06 pm 

No I think we can start if you like.. :) I don't think it's necessary to post a bio for canons. Or do we need more Fellowship characters? ;)

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

PostPosted: August 30th, 2011, 7:57 pm 

I'd take a hobbit. :) Frodo maybe, if no one has a problem with that. :P

PostPosted: August 31st, 2011, 3:16 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I would be happy to take Legolas and Gimli. If that was ok with everyone?

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 31st, 2011, 7:06 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I'm not sure if I'll have time for this, but I'd like to give it a try. Before I do, though, would anyone mind if there was an OC as a 10th member of the Fellowship, or do the OCs have to be in that group of elves described in the first post?

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: September 1st, 2011, 11:05 am 
Maia
Maia

Well, I have nothing inherently against a 10th member of the Fellowship, as long as you make it work :)
I'll take Boromir then- I guess we can always juggle the Hobbits as needed if no one wants to have them ;)

-

Night was falling over the waters of the Anduin. As the sun's last mournful rays sank silently into the earth, making way for the night, the company made camp on the western bank of the great river, sheltered by the eaves of Lorien. They had no fire, for fear of orcish patrols, but the moon was full, shining back off the swirling surface of the river like a thousand fallen stars and the cold could not dampen the spirit of the Fellowship, still glowing from their encounter with the beautiful Lady Galadriel.

"Stop it, Pippin!" Merry squealed.
"You did it to me first you little- "
"Pippin! Merry!" Boromir glanced up from his inspection of the belt Galadriel had presented him, to glare at the two with steely grey eyes. "Keep the noise down. We do not want to be heard from the other side of the river. Who knows what creatures prowl the woods at night... "

The hobbits shot him annoyed looks but quieten'd quickly. Boromir huffed. People always listened to what he said. It came with being the Stewards first-born son. But he, for one, rarely felt well qualified to say anythin, but that he kept that to himself - it did him no harm to be listened to, after all. He knew nothing of the surrounding area; whether orcs or goblins dared to get so close to the elvish Kingdom of Light- or whether they were being followed and any noise might draw attention to their whereabouts.
It was his brother Faramir that deserved to be listend to in such a manner. He himself was man of actions, not words. He could still not comprehend why he had been sent to Rivendale and not Faramir. With a low cough he placed the belt over his knee; If he knew he was not going to admit it to himself.

•••

They rode silently through the night, for elvish horse's have the talents of the elves and may move
The small band of elven warriors laughed heartily, the high ranked advisor who rode in their midst joining in just as readily, although he had played the part of the pun of the joke. In such company as they traveled, no hearts could be heavy, nor spirits low; even if the darkness growing in Dol Guldur was ever stronger. They had passed by the shadow for now and were not far away from their western kin. The time for seriousness would soon arise and they would all play their parts.

"I do not understand your high spirits," Rhavaniel said cooly, raising her eyebrow at her brother, though she too had had her laugh "We may yet encounter our share of trouble on the road."
The elves laughed harder, and the advisor leaned over on his horse to lightly ruffle the raven coloured black hair of the woman who rode next to him. "Sister-mine," he chuckled, "'tis but your own high spirits that so amuse us," the elder elf replied diplomatically.
Rhavaniel looked at him suspiciously out of the corner of her eye, but could see no hint of deception in the carefully innocent face that stared back at her calmly. "I think, Sadron, you are not being entirely truthful," the elf pointed out accusingly.

The councilor gazed back with guiltless eyes. Suddenly one of the elves on the outer edge of their formation stiffened. The others paused a moment later, eyes flashing to their companion. They had lived for so many centuries that they could nearly sense one another's thoughts, and when one of them noticed something wrong, the others were instantly aware of it as well. Gray eyes narrowed fiercely on the surrounding trees, searching among the dim shadows before nightfall. Pointed ears pricked themselves, listening closely...but hearing nothing.
The woods were entirely quiet, and the elves were suddenly uncomfortable. The forest should not be so quiet, and a creeping foreboding whispered that whatever the explanation might be, it was not innocent. Unconsciously, they shifted closer together. Hands strayed to the hilts of swords and reached back to finger bows anxiously. Sadron tensed, knowing that the others were worried, and thus doing the same.

PostPosted: September 1st, 2011, 11:26 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

All right, thank you! Here's my character profile, please let me know if anything is wrong or I need to change anything!

Name: Arabella (Ari) Granger
Race: Human
Appearance: Dark brown hair that reaches her shoulder blades, wide blue-green eyes. She stands at 5'3" and dresses in men's clothing while traveling. At all times, she wears a crystalline necklace in the shape of a teardrop, that has belonged in her family for ages.
Weapons: A simple sword given to her by Aragorn, though she has not much skill with a blade--but her skill with a bow is worse. As a sorceress, she also carries a book of spells given to her when the Fellowship passed through Lothlorien, but she is nowhere near good enough to master them yet, especially without the aid of Gandalf.
Personality: Extremely stubborn and fiercely loyal. She is curious by nature and enjoys singing in any situation. Believes herself to be not nearly as courageous as the others, but can prove her worth in battle when the situation calls for it. She is extremely talkative, which can be the cause of headaches for Aragorn as he tries to lead the Fellowship in Gandalf's absence.
History: Ari was born in Rohan, but remembers very little of her time there. She was the second of four daughters, but her family perished in a fire when she was seven years old. After this, she became a wanderer, trying her best just to stay alive and travelling from place to place. Truths about the cause of her family's death have recently come to light after looking in Galadriel's mirror, which have caused Ari considerable emotional pain. She also has begun to realize that she has fallen in love with Frodo, but she'll never admit it until their task is done.
Other: As stated before, she is a sorceress, and her main talents are shield spells and healing, though the latter drains her energy as she uses it.

---

(I know Ari might be a bit MarySue-ish, but I promise she'll get better! This is the first time I've worked with her in an RP setting as opposed to fanfic.)

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: September 1st, 2011, 4:50 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Gimli had watched the confrontation between Merry and Pippin, grumbling under his breath. And yet a smile was planted firmly on his face. The memory of meeting Lady Galadriel being the main reason for its being there. "Lockbearer," he chuckled to himself as he nodded his approval of his new title. With a yawn he settled beside the hobbits. He took of his helment and set his axe beside it on the ground beside him.

Legolas scouted the grounds nearby. It was true they had been walking for a long time and they had walked far, but Legolas was not tired. He walked between the trees peering into their shadows. He felt at ease beside the trees. He was at one with the nature around him. His grey eyes sparkled under the shadow of the trees.

Marylyn rode towards the back of the formation. Her bow was slung round her shoulder with her quiver and her elven long swords sat firmly in their sheathes on her belt. While her heart was light at the thought of being so close to her western kin, she did not join in on the others laughter or jokes. Marylyn tended to keep to herself, even in the company of her kin. Marylyn merely listened to the banter and conversation passing between her fellow warriors. She paid particular attention to the conversation between Rhavaniel and Sadron, for she too, found Sadron's mood questionable.

Suddenly her attention was drawn to the front of the formation. The members at the front had began to grow tense, this immediately forced Marylyn's guard up. Her hand flicked round to her bow. In the next second an arrow had been put into place. Her ears were pricked, listening to the forest around her. Her light blue/grey eyes glanced piercingly around at the trees, peering into their shadowed depths.

Profile       WWW