Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 11:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 605 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Another War
PostPosted: August 18th, 2011, 11:25 am 
Istari
Istari

Lona's eyes roamed the campsite, her eyes narrowing into a glare when she noticed the way a few of the men were looking at Caran. "This is why I try to look less feminine..." she grumbled to herself and marched over to the men "You finding something good to look at?" she growled. She knew the look in the men's eyes, they looked now, but it wouldn't be long before they would try things.

PostPosted: August 18th, 2011, 12:48 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Caran motioned Lona back. "The less attention you pay them the more likely it is that they'll give up. Besides I can look after myself no problem," she winked at Lona playfully. "Want to go talk to the Captain with me?"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 18th, 2011, 1:06 pm 
Maia
Maia

It took Feredir a while to work out where he was. Strange sounds and smells surrounded him- The rain had passed, that much he knew. His ribs were bruised, not broken; a deep breath told him as much. The scuffle with the warg-riders on a nervous horse had taken it out him. He lifted his head and opened an eye blearily: He wasn't in the captain's tent, that was certain.
"Eru," he muttered, sitting up and rubbing the back of his head. His deft fingers found a bump and he cursed quietly. The blanket had fallen around his waist and he looked at it, puzzled. His blanket had been sopping wet- He must of fallen asleep almost as soon as he had sat down and one of the two women must have covered him up. How embarrassing. He pulled his clothes on quickly picked up his sword and bag, heading for fresh air.

. O r b i s N o n S u f f i c i t .

PostPosted: August 18th, 2011, 1:22 pm 
Istari
Istari

She shook her head "Caran, I have traveled with these particular men more than you. They need to be taught a lesson, as I had to do for myself." she picked up a sword and offered it to the man she spoke to "Consider yourself challenged. She retrieved her own. Everybody immediately formed a circle around the two, She stood at the ready. He was angry, and lunged for her. She quickly danced out of his way, neatly knocking his blade away with hers. "Inpatience causes mistakes." she snapped "Pay attention!" soon they were in a full fledged fight, her blade slicing back and forth, defend, block, step, strike. She thought as they continued their dance.

PostPosted: August 18th, 2011, 1:26 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Caran's eyes widened. Involuntarily she stepped forward into the circle. "Watch yourselves! You are both on the same side!" Her hand covered her open mouth with shock as she watched the two battle before her eyes.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 18th, 2011, 1:38 pm 
Maia
Maia

"Stop!" Feredir called, half blind from the light, but still very much aware of what was going on. The two women were facing one of the soldiers- one of them was unarmed. His voice was deep and carried further than he intended. The authority in it was plain to hear. For a moment he was no mere ranger, but someone else: "There will be enough time for aggression once our foe is upon us- Or we upon them! We must stand united."
Uncomfortable with his sudden attention he held the men's stares a moment, stretched and then moved quickly away in the general direction of the captain's tent.

PostPosted: August 18th, 2011, 1:42 pm 
Istari
Istari

"Caran, I have done this before. I do what I need to do! Now step out!" she would take no arguments. The captain came up and laid his hand on Caran's shoulder, gently pulling her back "Watch her, lass, she knows what she's doing."

Lona continued on, expertly avoiding his sword and defending herself. She lunged, made a swipe with her sword and disarmed the man. Everyone was silent. She stood tall, her sword point gently touching his chest above his heart. "Take heed to my words. Do not, any of you, bother her."

PostPosted: August 18th, 2011, 1:47 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Caran's gentle green eyes darted between the Captain, Feredir, Lona and the man she had been sparring with. "Alright," she sighed. "Thank you for watching my back, Lona," she said quietly. Bowing her head she retired to her tent to rake out a semi-decent breakfast.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 18th, 2011, 1:58 pm 
Istari
Istari

Lona dipped her head at Caran before glaring again at the man and lowering her sword. She glanced around, daring anyone else to take a gamble with her. She would have none of them acting as they had earlier. She put her sword away and went to the captain "I hope you will pardon me, but I will not seek forgiveness for doing what needed to be done."

PostPosted: August 18th, 2011, 2:04 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Once she had eaten, Caran pulled on her protective armour. Picking up her sword she sheathed it as she walked through the flap of her tent. Glancing around the campsite she spied out the Captain and marched directly to him. After getting his attention she told him of her hope that he would utilise her skills and send her on the voyage to the border. The Captain said he would consider it and she was to await his decision. Caran bowed her head to him and left.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 18th, 2011, 2:09 pm 
Istari
Istari

Lona sat sharpening her sword, still peeved at the men. She grumbled about roaming eyes and thoughts, and a pox on all of them. She had faced the same thing before, And had found that the only way to deal with the bull headed men was to get their attention when they were at the point of her sword, and then talk to them. Many speculated it was why she wasn't married yet, and they said it was why she would never get married. She grumbled some more.

PostPosted: August 18th, 2011, 2:14 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Caran glided over to Lona. She felt more light on her feet and as though a weight was off her chest. "Thank you, again," she said as she took a seat beside Lona. Her eyes lowered to her hands. She played with a white gold ring with a large, oval, amber stone in the middle. She twirled it round her finger as she waited on the Captain's decision.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 18th, 2011, 2:19 pm 
Istari
Istari

"Not a problem." she ducked her head, not used to being thanked so much. Her own ring hung around her neck, a black silver ring inlaid with a bright sapphire, tiny white diamonds surrounding the round, blue stone. All the had left of her mother. She was reminded of it as she saw Caran fiddling with her own ring. Lona sharpened her sword with more gusto, trying to push thoughts of her mother behind her.

PostPosted: August 18th, 2011, 2:25 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Caran smiled softly, thinking of her twin sister. She had passed away five years back. A terrible illness had taken her. The ring was all that she had left to remind her of her sister. Caran had no family now. The pain of losing a beloved daughter drove her mother to suicide. Where as her father died in the last war. Caran frowned slightly, looking around the campsite to distract herself.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 18th, 2011, 2:34 pm 
Maia
Maia

Feredir walked past the captain, ignoring the way his superior reached a hand out to him. He knew the man wished to speak to him, but had not the patience to deal with him or his wiles. He needed another horse- A practical animal this time, not some half-trained buck with no head for battle. Up until now he had avoided taking one of the spare beasts, but he had made his mind up. The force's horse-master gave him a haughty looking beast with a mud-coloured coat and notched ears.
He had heard tell of rangers in the vicinity- The warg-riders had assumed the rear-guard to be part of their group and had jibed the men about the men and women he had slain- But some must have escaped.

PostPosted: August 18th, 2011, 2:45 pm 
Istari
Istari

Caran stood when she heard the Captain calling her she went over and bowed "Sir?"
"I have not yet decided on who should go with you. What do you think of Caran?" he asked her quietly.
"Sir, she is reliable. I have not seen her skills as of yet, so I do not know how she would do in different situations." he nodded "I think a man should go as well." when he saw her face, he held up a hand "I know how you feel about that. But I will not have you questioning my judgement." she nodded, but a tendon jumped in her jaw. He sent her off, only saying that she and her group would leave today once he had chosen the other two. Only three scouts. He had said more would be suspicious. She noticed the man who had been in her tent was at the horsemaster's choosing an animal. The one he chose, she could see, would not fit him. She walked over "Before you decide, come with me." she knew the horsemaster kept other, better horses hidden, an only gave them to people he thought he
could get a pretty penny out of the deal. She tossed him a silver coin and he bowed. She led Feredir behind a big tent. There stood four noble looking steeds. "These horses would do you much better. They are trained better and are faster."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 605 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 38  Next