Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 605 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Another War
PostPosted: July 30th, 2012, 4:20 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Caran's body sagged against Boromir's as he lifted her from his horse. Her limbs felt like led as she sank to the ground. She shivered unvoluntarily as her back found the cold ground. The cold was soon chased away by the warm trickle of blood oozing from her wound. With much strain, she lifted her head to assess the wound. Her head fell back to the ground heavy and exhausted. Caran fought to keep her eyes open. "I'll live," she whispered faintly. The corners of her lips tugged upwards in a smile as her eyes came to rest on Boromir's. Her eyes were hooded, her face pale, but all she wanted to do was comfort him.

"Yes," Faramir frowned slightly. "But we must be careful. Nowhere is safe these days and we do not want any company on our travels. Like you said, we have very little time and the last thing we need is trouble keeping us back." He ushered his horse onwards, gaining some speed. He remained within earshot of Lona, his eyes constantly flitting to her, as though to reassure himself that she was still there.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 8th, 2012, 10:30 am 
Istari
Istari

Boromir worked as swiftly as he could. "hush. Save your strength." he whispered. "this will hurt a bit." his eyes were dark as he snapped the top of the arrow off. "i have to push it all the way through." he looked into her eyes, not wanting to do it, but he knew he had to in order to save her.

Lona gave a short nod and leaned further over her steed's neck, picking up the speed along with Faramir.

PostPosted: August 10th, 2012, 6:28 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Caran watched Boromir, her eyes hooded. Her lips were pressed into a tight line to keep from screaming out. If nothing else, she did not want to draw attention to them. They would have to find shelter somewhere, or better yet get moving again. Something told her that Boromir would not accept that choice easily. He would worry for her safety and want her to rest; regain her strength. They could take to the trees, they would be out of sight, but easy targets if, on the off chance, they were found. A cave was too risky, they would be cornered if they were ambushed. Things were beginning to look hopeless. Caran groaned inwardly. It would just be my luck to get injured...If only I had been paying attention...Now I may have doomed us both. "Just do it quickly," she nodded faintly at Boromir. "I'll be alright," she chuckled faintly. "I'm a big girl..." she smiled reassuringly at him before closing her eyes and covering her mouth to muffle any yelps or screams.

They were covering the distance in no time. Shooting across the horizon like arrows. They were silent for most of the way, focused on their path. The area around them began to grow dense with trees, the bows growing thicker the deeper they delved. "We're practically here..." Faramir ventured to murmur as he peered up at the trees.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 14th, 2012, 11:25 am 
Istari
Istari

he held her steady with one hand and placed his other on the arrow. he vouldn't hesitate, no matter how badly he wanted to. he gave a strong shove, pushing the arrow all the way through. in almost no time at all he had bound it tightly. "i need to cauterize it." he grunted, starting to build a fire.

she slowed ger horse and looked around. "we should proceed with caution. the elves are known to not appreciate trespassers."

PostPosted: August 27th, 2012, 6:13 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Caran bit her lip tightly to keep from screaming. It was all she could do to keep her breath steady. She began to feel light headed with the pain that was searing through her once more. Through the pain, she could sense Boromir's discomfort. All she wanted to do was reach out to him. "Just do it fast," she said, her eyes trained on him. "I'm sorry..." she said once more.

"We are no threat to them. They should understand. I do not think they are completely unaware to the troubles that plague us at every given turn." Faramir answered, trying to reassure Lona. "It will be alright. The elves are an understanding, compassionate race of people."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 31st, 2012, 1:55 am 
Istari
Istari

"shhhh..." he whispered, sweat beading on his face. He heated an iron skillet he had grabbed from their bags over the fire. He knew it needed to be done. He gently placed a stick between her teeth. "bite on it when the pain hits." He lifted the iron, then quickly placed it on the wound. Tears even burned his eyes as the stench of burning flesh singed his nostrils. Then, it was over. He threw the skillet to the side and quickly wrapped the wound.

"All the same, we are uninvited guests in their territory." she murmured, her body tense already. She knew that the elven kind were already aware that they were present.

PostPosted: August 31st, 2012, 4:04 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Caran bit down on the stick as the heated iron burned her skin. Tears sprang to her eyes instantly, she clenched them shut so Boromir wouldn't see. The stick snapped under the pressure of her jaws. She chuckled faintly as she spat out the bits of wood. She watched as Boromir bandaged her wound. "Thank you," she whispered softly, her hand curling around his arm.

"We mean them no harm. Surely they can see that? We are simply messengers. If they see our weapons, they should know it is only for protection. I do not begin to assume that they have not been stung by Mordor's creatures once or twice themselves." Faramir glanced around the trees, searching for a pair of eyes or something to let him know where they were.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2012, 4:02 pm 
Istari
Istari

He quickly gathered her into his arms and held her tightly, pressing her head to his chest. "No need to thank me, Beautiful." he whispered against her hair. She would be alright...he hoped. He had done all he knew to do. "We should get you to.a healing house..." He murmured hesitantly.

She nodded. His words made sense. She too looked around, the only sounds were that of birds and small creatures scampering along the forest floor. "They should have stopped us by now..." she whispered, wondering why it was taking the elves so long to protect the boarders of their land. "Maybe we're too late?"

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2012, 6:22 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"I'm alright...Really," she added reassuringly. "I have been through much worse. Trust me." She drew back and raised her top slightly to reveal a fading purple scar that curved over her hip. "That's only one of my war wounds." She grimaced slightly. "At least I am here to tell the tale...and i'll be around to tell the tale of this new one," she motioned to her shoulder. "At the very least this will prove our message to be true." As a second thought she reached out for the broken arrow and wrapped it in the remains of her discarded top. "Evidence to prove our story. They will not be able to refuse now." Settling the package on her bag, she turned to face Boromir again. Carefully, she reached up to stroke his cheek.

"Perhaps they know we mean them no harm?" Faramir suggested as tingles crawled up his spine. He assumed they would have been met by now. It was rare for the elves to allow anyone to wander freely in their grounds. He shrugged his shoulders. "Unless they've drawn their borders back. I cannot believe they are not aware of the troubles that go on around them." He drew close to Lona as a measure of protection for her. He gasped sharply as he turned his head to find an arrowhead pointing at him. He swallowed, recapturing his balance. "Excuse me," he raised his hands as a sign of peace. "We mean you no harm...We are mere messengers. We ask you passage to Lady Galadriel. We have a desperate request to make."
The elf stepped closer, revealing his fair face and long blonde hair. "You may follow us mere messenger, Lord of Gondor. Lady Galadriel has been expecting you."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 5th, 2012, 12:22 am 
Istari
Istari

He grasped her hand in his and held it tightly to his cheek. "I would request you take time to rest...there is still the possibility of an infection." his voice was low with the concern he felt for her.

Lona's eyebrows went up. She had heard there were certain elves that possessed powers and strengths...but the gift of foresight? That was entirely new to her. She trotted to catch up to Faramir after her moment of pausing and thought, and once she was at his side, she took his hand as they walked.

PostPosted: September 5th, 2012, 6:22 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"Alright," she agreed, sensing his worry. "Just for a little while, though. Time is of the essence." Caran stumbled to her feet, light headed with the blood loss. "We should get up high and out of sight." She wandered unsteadily over to a tree. Holding on tightly she ran her fingers along the thick bow of the tree. "Perhaps up this tree?" She asked as she glanced over her shoulder to Boromir.

The elf led the couple on a merry trail through the trees. Bopping and weaving, twisting and turning. It would be difficult for either of them to find their way back alone. The trees began to get thicker, the light dimmer as they moved forward. Lights danced from the bows of the trees in the distance, dancing up in a spiral to the foliage. On closer inspection, figures could be seen walking between the lights and up the tree.
Soon Faramir and Lona were climbing up a particularly thick tree to a glowing silver platform up high. The branches and foliage seemed to part of their own accord, bowing as they entered. "Wait here. The Lady of Light will be with you shortly." The elf moved swiftly out of sight.
Soon Galadriel appeared at the top of a set of stairs. She paused to take in her audience below. "I do hope you will take some time to rest in these borders. Recover your strength and recharge your spirit." She said softly as she climbed down the stairs. "You have news to share first and a request to make first though," she said, tilting her head.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 5th, 2012, 6:59 pm 
Istari
Istari

Lona bowed her head. "My Lady." she whispered, suddenly overcome. "As I am sure you know, we are from Gondor. This is Lord Faramir, son of the steward of Gondor. I am a humble servent of Rohan. We come...requesting your assistance, My Lady." She didn't dare look up. She hoped with crossed fingers that Faramir could finish the rest. she felt humbled, humbled to the point of speechlessness.

PostPosted: October 8th, 2012, 5:53 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Without waiting for Boromir's answer, Caran took to the trees, hopping from branch to branch with ease. She scrambled up as far as she could go before the branches came too thin to hold her. Her hide out was a great vantage point, age could see for miles around. Behind her she could see a trail of disaster as the orcs made their grumbling way back home. She wondered what they would have to tell their master. She shook her head and turned her attention back to Boromir. "Come on slow coach," she teased, lightly rubbing her shoulder.

Faramir bowed his head to The Lord and Lady of light. "I am sorry that our visit does not come at a time of joy. Hopefully with your help we can return to joyous times. I cannot imagine that you have not foreseen the troubles ahead. Mordor is massing. Smoke rises from Mount Doom. War has already began with Rohan. They fought back hard, but I fear Mordor's blow will strike harder still...to the devastation of men. My friend and I have come to seek your aid. We cannot hope to win this battle alone. We have hope that the dwarves and Rohirrim will help too. And they must for once the men are destroyed the hounds of Mordor and Isengard will come for the rest of you. We must defend ourselves from the darkness. My Lord, my Lady I apologise for my words of doom, but you find me at my wits end. Fear has struck me and made me desperate and more forward than I would like."

Galadriel raised her hand to silence Faramir. "We know of the troubles of which you speak. We have had our own fair share of them. The time of the elves is passing, the dominion of men is soon to come. However we will not leave you to fight alone. We will not leave you to peril. Come now you are both weary and so full of worry and sorrow. Will you not rest with us?"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 13th, 2012, 12:49 am 
Istari
Istari

"Be fair, I am not as young as I once was beautiful lady!" He teased her back, pulling himself up next to her. He set his hand against her lower back gently.

I cannot rest...Lona thought hopelessly. she knew she could not...She took a breath. "We are very grateful to you for your hospitality."

PostPosted: November 15th, 2012, 3:53 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"Age does not matter Lord Boromir. It all depends on how old you feel in here," she tapped his forehead lightly, wincing a little as pain surged from her shoulder. "...and here," she smiled resting her hand on his heart. Gently, she laid her head against his shoulder, stifling a yawn. "If we ride hard tomorrow we can reach Rohan by sunset," she mused, staring off in the direction of Rohan as though she could see it. "I hope your brother and Lona have made it to the elves safely. Our paths are far too perilous for just two travellers.

"What worries you my child? My riders will leave at dawn and be in Gondor in a day or so. Your task is completed. You can rest now." Galadriel's voice whispered softly in Lona's head.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 4th, 2013, 8:06 am 
Istari
Istari

"ah....well then I must be a boy of only eighteen summers then, when I am with you. When I am not is a different matter entirely." He whispered into her ear then kissed her cheek softly. "I am sure they are safe. Faramir is no fool, and I dare say he may be as taken with her as I am with you. He will make sure they arrive safely. Now rest. Do not let your heart be troubled at this hour, you need to rest. Tomorrow we shall ride forth to Rohan." He pulled her closer to him, kissing the top of her head.

Caran and Faramir...She thought helplessly after she jumped a bit from Galadriel's voice. They had departed as we have...I pray they are safe.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 605 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next