Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 605 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Another War
PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 10:52 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Caran beant over the table, staring intently at the map. Her finger ran in a circle in the east. "Do we have scouts near Mordor? Has there been activity. I would assume there or roundabout there is where they would be coming from." She closed her eyes. "I have seen them move. They seem determined to me. They have been given a mission...I am not sure what though..."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 11:11 am 
Istari
Istari

Lona nodded, deep in thought. "I say we take it to the captain. I know we have no scouts patrolling those borders." recent activity seemed strange in that area. It had lain dormant for years after the last battle. "It would be the perfect place to send orcs from. No one would suspect it since the dark lord's destruction."

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 11:40 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"I think it is a good idea to take it to the Captain. Then we can arrange to send some scouts to the border see what they can find out. I would not mind going myself. I would love to know what keeps these orcs so busy. What could they be looking for? Perhaps a weapon they didn't have the last time?" Her lips pursed, irritated at not knowing what was going on.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 11:47 am 
Istari
Istari

"If it was a weapon I think there would have been more activity as well as other creatures more powerful than orcs." but Caran Could be right. If there was another weapon out there...her mouth turned into a grim line at the thought. If that were the case, things could go very badly very quickly.

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 11:52 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Caran's brow furrowed. "Well, let us see what the Captain says to it. I am sure he would even agree to allowing a small troop to travel to the border and cast an eye on any activity happening there."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 11:56 am 
Maia
Maia

May I join in?

Name: Feredir Landon
Race: Human
Height: 6 feet 8 inches
Appearance: Tall and brawny, with seemingly endlessly deep black eyes. His hair is dark in colour and hangs raggedly around his face, giving him the appearance of a shaggy dog. Usually wears his Dunedain coat and heavy boots.
Weapon: A longsword and a bow. Works best with knives, able to throw and hit any target within range.
History: Left his family to travel, moving back and forth between Rivendale, Rohan and Gondor respectively. Always found work, at times as a scout or informant, at others as an assassin or guide. Is used to leading men, but does not follow orders well.

---

Feredir arrived back at the camp tired and dirty from the day's ride. He had been part of the rearguard, hanging back to make sure they had not been followed. He slipped from his horse heavily and brushed himself down, undoing his bow from the catch on his saddle. His companions waved as they rode on, eager to find up their friends who had gone ahead.
"At ease, Landon!" the captain called to him as he moved to welcome the other two scouts to his tent."Fine work I hear!"
"My thanks!" Feredir called back, but the irony in his voice was clear.
The skied seemed dark and ominious- The smell of rain was in the air. Feredir tugged at the straps of the saddle, eager to let his horse grass and build himself a small shelter before any water could soak his already weary bones. He knew the captain took offense to his quietness, but he had no inclination of joining his fellow soldiers. He was a loner of sorts, and felt out of place in this company.

. O r b i s N o n S u f f i c i t .

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 12:06 pm 
Istari
Istari

(yes! Sounds great!)

Lona offered a small smile, rare for her. "Thank you for your help, it is most appreciated." she stood "Come. Now would be as good as any to tell the captain." she gathered the map up so she could show him what they had seen. She led Caran out to where she knew the captain would be.
"Sir, Caran and I have a theory." she proceeded in telling him what they had found, and he nodded in consideration.
"Well done, Caran, Lona. I shall give it thought. For now, go ahead and join the rest of the soldiers." Lona dipped
"Thank you sir. But I think I shall tend to my books instead." The captain dismissed her with a wave of his hand. She nodded to Caran "Thank you again." she walked back to her tent and retrieved her books, then skirted around the rest of the soldiers as they gathered around a fire. She pulled her hood up and went to a tree on the outskirts of the camp. Sitting against the trunk, she opened her book and was soon lost working the pages, a strand of her white blond hair blowing out from underneath the hood in an almost comical way.

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 12:11 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Caran bowed to the captain and turned to Lona. "It was my pleasure," she smiled. "Also gave me something to do, other than prepare for battle.." She watched Lona settle under a tree with her book and returned to her tent. She sat back down and picked up her blade and whetstone and continued to sharpen her blade. Her eyes darted around the camp, surveying her fellow soldiers. She watched the rearguard as they returned and settled.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 12:49 pm 
Maia
Maia

Feredir swore as the load bearing post of his tiny tent snapped in two. He threw it into the miserable excuse for a fire he had started and glared at the heap of cloth meant to shelter him. His horse looked up and snickered nosing towards him, but he pushed the warhorse away. It did not belong to him and he needed to bond with it.
He had watched two women go to their captain- At a cursory he had assumed them to be serving girls, but a second look had revealed them to be part of the fighting force gathered near the woods. With a snort he returned to trying to pitch his tent. As far as he knew only elvish women truly did battle. They must have talent, he decided. The size of their tents and the quality of their weapons proved as much.

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 12:53 pm 
Istari
Istari

She continued to read, putting her worries behind her as she found herself in the story she was reading. She turned page after page, enjoying every second of it. Reading was one thing she really could enjoy. One of the rare things that actually made her smile and laugh. It was not that she was bitter, it was just nothing else really made her smile of laugh. Many people speculated that there was something wrong with her because of it. Sometimes she wondered about it herself.

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 1:05 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Caran watched as one of the rearguard failed to pitch up his tent. Her brow furrowed. He looked weary from his ride. "Sir?" she asked over the gargle of conversation happening around her. "I have plenty room in my tent...Would you like to sleep in it tonight?" She surprised herself. Normally she wasn't so open or forward with her fellow soldiers. She had been with the troop for a long time and any friends she had made passed away before her eyes. Long had it been since she had ventured to make a bond of friendship. Her eyes darted over to Lona. It seemed she wasn't the only one thinking this way either.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 1:10 pm 
Istari
Istari

Lona closed her book and returned to her tent. In her desk, she saw a letter. Frowning, she opened it. Her frown got deeper as she read. When she got to the bottom, and saw the signiture, she turned the desk and its contents over, effectively causing her hair to come undone and fly wildly about her. Not again! She tore the letter up.

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 1:15 pm 
Maia
Maia

Feredir looked positively startled. For a moment he froze, then flicked his gaze towards his fellows: "Madam- I would not put you out of a bed," he said with a haphazard smile, his dark eyes seeming to glitter for a moment; "I assure you, one night in the rain will do me no harm. What doesn't kill me makes me stronger."
There was a general cackle of laughter and a few shouts of: "Here, here!". The dunedain hid his distaste at the raunchy flow of words and ale surrounding the fire. He knew some of the men would suffer from bad tempers and headaches in the morning.
He turned away quickly, not wanting his attention to the woman's comment to give her more of the uncouth attention she was gaining. As he watched the embers of his little fire grow a little stronger he was reminded of her hair and glanced back over his to see if she had returned to her blonde companion. Again he mused about the wisdom of allowing two women to camp out with the men- Surely they must have guards who watched over them in case of trouble.

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 1:20 pm 
Istari
Istari

Lona walked slowly out of her tent. She would not let anyone see the anger and sadness on her face. She sat right outside of her tent and began to sharpen her own weapons with vigor. Her white blond hair hanging down to her hips. She had forgotten about it. Usually she put it up in a braid the coiled around her head. Some of the men whistled, and she sent them death glares with her sharp, bright blue eyes.

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 1:30 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"I would not want you to catch a cold. We need to be strong. Besides you would not be putting me out of a bed. There is room for one more bed at the very least." Her eyes glowed welcomingly for a moment. "The offer is there...Take it or leave it," she smiled faintly watching the men around the camp fire. What do they celebrate? She wondered to herself. Valar help them if we are ambushed tonight.. She shivered at the thought, drawing her black cloak tighter around her shoulders.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 1:37 pm 
Istari
Istari

She got up and walked over to the captain. Caran was nearby, but Lona spoke quietly. "Sir, I implore you. If you decide to send a group of scouts out, send me with them. Let me help them." the captain looked at her, pondering it for a moment. She tried more "I have studied how they are traveling, I am excellent at tracking Abd scouting." he looked at her, then nodded slowly. "Alright, Lona. But be careful out there! You are one of my best soldiers, I don't want you injured or dead. Or worse." He said it gruffly, but she knew he was sincere. She bowed "Thank you, Sir." she straightened up and he left. Her breath came easier now that she had gotten that over with.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 605 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 38  Next