Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 605 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Another War
PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 4:03 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Ooops late post)

Caran noticed Lona beckoning to Feredir. She also noticed the cosy fire that Lona had and decided Feredir's luck would be better off with Lona. Besides, Caran desired more than anything else to get into fresh, dry clothes. Flashing a smile at Feredir and Lona she let her flap go and immediately raked through her belongings for dry clothes. Once settled and dry she sank into her bed and pulled the covers around her, shivering from head to toe.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 4:17 pm 
Maia
Maia

@ Final post for today I'm afraid, but I'll be back tomorrow!

"Thank you," Feredir winced as he pulled his bag from his shoulder. One glance confirmed his fears- His pipe lay smashed on what seemed to be a mess of mud and grass. With a dry mutter he took his cloak off and hung it over the corner of Lona's table, careful to avoid the maps and letters.
"I must try smiling more often," he quipped, eyeing the well furnished tent "Or wearing a dress." The soldier smiled slightly and ran a hand through his dripping hair. He went towards the fire and sat down in front of it, feeling much better for the warmth. He pulled his bag towards him and scooped out the muddy mess that had once been his treasured pipe-weed. He tossed it into the middle of the fire, listening to it fizzle and burn up. The clothes he pulled out and lay on the floor, hoping that the dampness would disappear quickly.

. O r b i s N o n S u f f i c i t .

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 4:29 pm 
Istari
Istari

She nodded "You are welcome." she offered a small chuckle when he spoke. "I didn't get all this from smiling or wearing a dress." she saw him throw his pipe weed into the fire, then handed him a pipe and a small pouch of pipe-weed from her desk. "It's my uncle's." she said simply before offering him a cup of hot tea with a bit of ale poured into it.

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 4:31 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Unable to sleep Caran got up and hung up her old clothes to dry. Kneeling down on the ground she set about lighting a small fire. She pulled an old tattered book from under her pillow and began to read, shivering from time to time.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 4:45 pm 
Istari
Istari

(That's my last post here for a few hours...bbl!)

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 4:47 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Ok guys :))

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 4:57 pm 
Istari
Istari

(ok! So I have more time than I thought!)

Lona suddenly had a thought. She stuck her head outside the tent flaps "Caran!" she yelled loudly "Get over here!" she didn't need to explain so she just sat back and waited.

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 5:02 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Caran strained her ears. What was that? She wondered to herself as she got to her feet. Pulling back the flap of her tent she peered outside. Through the torrential rain she spied Lona. As she turned back, she extinguished the fire in her tent and grabbed her soaking cloak. Slipping her feet into her boots she dashed out from her tent and into Lona's. "It's warmer in her," she mused walking over to the fire, grateful to feel its heat.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 5:25 pm 
Istari
Istari

"That's why I called you over." she smirked, her mood lightening up a bit. She handed both of them a blanket. "Well. It'll get even warmer with three of us in here." she dipped her head. She wasn't normally this social.

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 5:35 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"Thank you," she smiled at Lona gratefully. "Plus on a night like this it's nice to have some company. Lets face it, it is too loud and horrible out there for any one of us to get any shut eye." Caran draped the blanket over her and held her hands to the flame. "When do you leave for the border?" she asked Lona casually. She hoped she wouldn't be angered by the fact she had heard her conversation with the Captain.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 5:38 pm 
Istari
Istari

"he has not said yet. I think he needs to get more of a group together." her gaze went to the shredded letter on the floor, then quickly back to the fire. "He needs to find more stealthy scouts." she leaned her elbows on her knees as she held her drink.

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 5:49 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Caran nodded her head. "It is dangerous to go to the border. Especially if that is where the orcs are coming from. In saying that a small group with the expertise would fare better. For one thing a small group would draw less attention." She fell silent for a moment. "If you would like company on your journey there I would come? I have some experience in scouting and I am eager to learn more skills."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 6:25 pm 
Istari
Istari

She looked at Caran, contemplating it "It is not my choice. You would have to take that up with the captain." she glanced back into the fire, falling silent. She was right, it would be dangerous. But they needed to know the source of the orcs and what their purpose was.

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 7:04 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Caran nodded. "I'll ask him at first light.." she fell silent as she too stared into the flame. In her mind she ran over the orcs movements so far. They were being led by someone, but who? What did this person want? Whatever it was it couldn't be good. She frowned deeply.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 7:18 pm 
Istari
Istari

Her thoughts ran over who the captain would want to go with her. She honestly had no idea. She glanced up at Caran, and wondered if she was up to the challenge. She didn't know how trained she was. She let her eyes drift back to the fire. She threw some more wood on, then pulled out her flute Abd began to play.

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 7:31 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Caran found herself reminiscing about her training. She had been one of the stronger ones in her group. She was a fast learner and a fast mover. Her trainer had said she was strategic, always thinking about the next step. She shook her head and glanced at Lona. Caran found herself relaxing to the music, her worries melting away.

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 605 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 38  Next