Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 605 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Another War
PostPosted: April 17th, 2012, 3:52 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Caran gazed into Boromir's eyes, losing herself in their deep pools. Her body curved to fit his body. She burned where he touched her, sending her heart in to a frenzy each time. Her head bowed and nestled into his neck, kissing him gently. "Promise me something Boromir..." she spoke softly, her eyes closed. "Please never leave me. I do not know what I would do if I were to lose you." Her mind hurt with images of the battle that was before them. Her heart jolted at the thought of Boromir getting hurt.

Faramir met Lona's eyes. "I know what you fear. I know you think of the battle and do not want me as a distraction." He sighed gently, stroking her cheek. "I do not want to hurt you, Lona, but I do not want to lose you either. All my life I have been searching for something and I've finally found it. It's you Lona. You were created for me and I was moulded for you." He pressed his lips to her forehead. "I cannot bear to be without you know," he sighed softly.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 17th, 2012, 9:57 am 
Istari
Istari

"I shall vow to do my best at keeping that promise, Caran." he whispered, holding her close. The prospect of battle weighed heavily on his heart. He didn't want her to fight. He wanted to tuck her away, hide her from the eyes of evil so she would be safe...his arms tightened protectively around her.

"Faramir...it is not that you would be a distraction." she breathed out, brushing a lock of hair from his forehead. "Either one of us could be killed." she whispered. "Were the circumstances different.." she couldn't imagine how much pain that would cause her. "Gods...Faramir, these dark times...I am afraid."

PostPosted: April 17th, 2012, 4:57 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"Thank you," she whispered softly. Sleep finally took her. Her last comfort was the knowledge that she was safe in Boromir's capable arms. Her sleep, however was not peaceful. Dark sky loomed overhead. The only light came from the torches that surrounded them. The torches grew closer, their bearers moving towards them. Caran peered into the dark abyss and was met with dark, evil Orc eyes. A shriek of horror escaped her lips. They were surrounded. Suddenly the warmth that she accepted to Boromir was gone from her side. She looked into the crowd only to find his bloody remains scattered and ravenous eyes looking to her. Caran woke with a start and heaved herself to her feet. Her grief was crushing. It took her a moment to realise she was crying.

"Do not be afraid, my dear Lona. I will always be here to protect you. I will let no harm befall you. You can always count on me." He held her by her shoulders. "I can see where you are going with this Lona. Perhaps you think that if we stop this now, we will save ourselves heartache. It is too late for me now. I've fallen for you."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 18th, 2012, 12:51 pm 
Istari
Istari

Boronia jerked awake, his hand going to his knife. When he saw there was no danger, but that Caran was crying, he was at her side. "Shh...it's alright. I'm here." he took her in his arms protectively and began to caress her hair.

Lona bit her lip. Hard. "as I have as well." she whispered.

PostPosted: April 18th, 2012, 2:40 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Caran breathed in his scent desperately, reminding herself that he was in fact alive. "I'm sorry to have woke you," she whispered, her cheeks burning with embarrassment. "It was just a nightmare..." she sighed deeply. "A horrible, dreadful nightmare." She looked to him then, her expression sheepish. "Go back to sleep," she forced a smile. "I'm fine."

"We have quite the dilemma before us," Faramir sighed. "There will always be a reason for us not to be together. But there are bound to be reasons for it." Faramir stepped closer to Loba, his arms wound tightly round her. It was as though he was scared she would slip away. "However, the only thing that matters is what we think about it. My thoughts are perfectly clear," he flashed her a small smile. "If you ask me to stop I will. You just have to tell me to stop."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 18th, 2012, 9:40 pm 
Istari
Istari

Her shook his head. "You're about as fine as a bird in a cage. I'm staying awake with you." he stroked her cheek with a finger. "What was it?"

Her mind was telling him to stop. To quit before it grew too hard to go back. But her heart was whispering contradictions into her ear. She took a breath. She couldn't tell him to stop. But she couldn't tell him to continue either. She laid her head on his chest, at a loss for words and ways around everything that could happen because of their love.

PostPosted: April 19th, 2012, 6:00 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"I lost you," she whispered softly. Three simple words, with devastating power behind them. Caran could feel the tears prickling in her eyes. She hid her head in her hands. "I'm just being silly," she mumbled as her cheeks flamed with embarrassment.

Faramir lay his head on Lona's. The warm chestnut smell soothed him deeply. "Why don't we take each day as it comes?" He offered. "Let's not make snap decisions born out of fear, but let us enjoy each other for as long as fate will allow us." He tilted and kissed her head softly.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 19th, 2012, 9:37 pm 
Istari
Istari

"Hush. Nightmares can affect us all." he took her face between his hands and gently kissed her forehead. "Come, I'll stir up the fire and we can sit a while until you feel more at ease."

She nodded. "One day at a time." she whispered. "Your father will not approve." she said, bringing yet another complication into light. "Especially after my..outburst in his courts."

PostPosted: April 20th, 2012, 4:36 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Caran smiled warmly as she moved closer to the fire. Once Boromir had tended to it, she crawled into his arms and settled with ease. "What a strange pair we make. No one would have expected it. No one will understand it." she tucked her head into the crook of his neck instinctively.

"What my father thinks of this union is not my concern and I don't want it to be yours either. All that matters is us." Faramir settled on the ground, keeping Lona close to him. " You worry too much my sweet."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 20th, 2012, 12:30 pm 
Istari
Istari

"That is their problem." he whispered, kissing her cheek. "So do you think Rohan will be willing to help?"

"it's my job to worry. I've alway been the one to worry about the Rohan army, my family...." she suddenly cut off. She didn't have any family left.

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2012, 5:33 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"I expect they will be reluctant. Rohan will be war weary. However they will realise the threat they face. Once Mordor has come for the men of Gondor, the elves of Lorien and Rivendell and the dwarves of the mountain, Mordor will come for them...and there will be no one left to save them." Caran shuddered involuntarily. "Rohan will help. They will not stand by idly and watch as their neighbours perish. It is now that bonds of friendship should be at there strongest. Rohan will honour those bonds."

"Let me worry for you," Faramir whispered softly. "You bear such a heavy burden on such small shoulders. You are allowed to be carefree now and again Lona."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2012, 12:29 pm 
Istari
Istari

"Indeed. Hopefully my father realizes the threat as well and calls for aid..." he shook his head. "Even if Rohan shows up when he didn't, I fear he may retaliate agains Lord Theoden."

Lona took a deep breath. "Perhaps you are right." She looked up at him. "I think we should both rest, we have quite the journey ahead of us."

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2012, 6:44 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"I truly hope that is not the case. King Theoden is the least of his worries anyway. A man by the name of Strider fights with Rohan. He has another alias...Aragorn...Heir to the throne of Gondor. Your father does not want to give up the throne. He holds it for you."

Faramir nodded in agreement as he shifted into a more comfortable position. The ground, even through the cover, dug into his bones. He ignored it entirely. He was content with Lona safe in his arms.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2012, 12:26 pm 
Istari
Istari

Boromir's face went white. "Isildur's heir? He has returned? How is this possible? We heard stories...rumors that he had been exiled, even killed..." he rubbed his chin in shock, not able to believe it.

She tried to relax, tried toclose her eyes and sleep, but sleep did not come. No matter how hard she attempted, her muscles would not relax nor her mind rest.

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2012, 1:22 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"I do not know how he has survived the wild for so long, but he has. The man is without a doubt skilled with a blade. I would certainly not want to go up against him." Caran crossed her legs and stared into the flames. "I would not say he was exiled, I would say he chose the solitude he was in. He would choose it again I daresay should he be faced with the same choice of solitude or the throne. I do not think he wants it. He fears the legacy that has been left by Isildur." Caran spoke thoughtfully, her dream a distant memory now.

Faramir closed his eyes and fell into a light slumber. He could sense Lona beside him. He could sense her unease and discomfort. He could sense that she was very much awake. He soon stirred from his light slumber. "Penny for your thoughts?" He asked quietly, peering at her from sleepy eyes.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 12th, 2012, 7:35 pm 
Istari
Istari

"This is news..." Boromir fell silent, trying to comprehend everything that had been said. He couldn't believe it. Part of him was angry, another part of him glad.

"It's nothing." she said quietly. "Go back to sleep."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 605 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next