Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 3:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 605 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Another War
PostPosted: May 14th, 2012, 5:03 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Caran glanced over at him, reading his expression. "Do not let yourself be threatened by him. Do not be greedy like your father. If Aragorn should choose to take his rightful place then we all must accept it. We must do the same if his choice is otherwise." She shuffled closer to him, her head on his chest. "If it makes any difference to you...I would follow you anywhere...My King," she smiled softly.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 14th, 2012, 5:05 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Darn!)

Faramir raised his brows. "I know many things Lona and one of them is that it's not okay. You're not okay. Something is bothering you." He sat up and enveloped her into his arms. "What's the matter my sweet? What forces your head to furrow? You can tell me." He whispered softly to her, kissing her cheek.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 16th, 2012, 12:48 am 
Istari
Istari

He suddenly leaned forward and grasped her upper arms gently. "I believe you. But please...do not call me by the title of king. I am not. I am the son of the steward.." he paused, reading her eyes. "If fate brings Isildur's heir, I cannot do anything to change it. I accept that."

"I just can't sleep. Ever since that Mage...the threats..my family..." she shuddered. "There is much that I do not know about this war. Much that frightens me. Things that I cannot explain." even then, she felt prickles along her spine, felt eyes watching her.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2012, 8:09 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

At first she was startled and worried she had upset or insulted him, but then her eyes warmed. She was glad to see that Boromir was nothing like his father. "You are an admirable man Boromir," she whispered softly, simply. Her hand reached up to touch his cheek. She kissed his lips softly. "Do not worry about Aragorn. What happens, happens. It will not change the way I feel about you."

Faramir grimaced faintly as he pulled himself up into a sitting position. His arms came around Lona, holding her protectively and drawing her in close to him. "I am sorry for all that is happened to you. If I could take it away or fix it I would. You must not let it rule you." He kissed her forehead softly. "There is much that is unknown in this world. Not all of it good, but not all of it bad. We are here to find answers. They may not come to us immediately, but they do in the end." He laid his head upon hers. "Tell me about his mage..." he pressed, wondering if he would know anything about him.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 17th, 2012, 10:23 am 
Istari
Istari

He pulled her into his arms. "You have my word." he gently laid her head on his chest, holding her tightly, protectively against him.

"I saw him just before our camp was attacked. He was looking right at me.." she shivered. "I went after him...but I couldn't kill him."

PostPosted: May 17th, 2012, 10:31 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Caran's body bent to Boromir's, enjoying the protection he offered to her. "I have kept you awake. You will be exhausted. You should get some rest. We have a long journey tomorrow." As much as he protected her, she wanted to protect him too. She had found a gem in this world of danger and she would hold onto it until her last breath. She would fight to protect it with all that she had.

Faramir listened intently as Lona spoke, his face a mask, hiding the fear that rifled through him. The thought of this small, albeit strong woman, fighting the monsters of the night terrified him. What would have happened should she have caught him? She was a strong woman, that Faramir was sure, but strength and blade are no match for uncontrolled magic. She could have been killed and he would never have met her. He detested this man that haunted this woman, who deserved peace and a happy life, but he was thankful that he had escaped her curious searching. He would survive Lona, but he would not survive Faramir. He would have him hung drawn and quartered for the crimes he had committed against this wonderful woman. "Do not worry Lona," Faramir spoke softly. "I will always be here to protect you," he vowed. "No orc, mage or monster will ever have the chance to harm you."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 17th, 2012, 10:40 pm 
Istari
Istari

"Thr same would apply to you, I believe." Boromir teased gently before laying down, pulling her down after him, and then pulled blankets up around them both. "Sleep well, my beautiful warrior." he kissed her temple and closed his eyes, sleep already taking him.

Lona turned to look at him, to read his eyes. "I believe you. But this is war we are facing. A battle so unpredictable that even the wizards that may be helping us have no idea of what it will bring. I ask for the freedom to fight alongside my men. To help lead them to the victory we are in so dire need of."

PostPosted: May 18th, 2012, 5:38 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Caran smiled warmly as she cuddled into Boromir. She kissed his cheek gently. "Good night, my beautiful man." She whispered softly, closing her eyes instantly.

Faramir's heart was racing at the thought of her fighting. Although he knew to fight her on this point would chase her away. She was a skilled woman in battle. Capable of holding her own. "Alright, but be careful." He vowed there and then to never lose her.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 19th, 2012, 5:22 am 
Istari
Istari

His arms instinctively tightened around her, as though she might somehow disappear from his arms somehow during the night. He nuzzled her neck before dropping off completely. He was comfortable like that, very nearly curled around her.

"Thank you." Lona bowed her head to him in thanks. Though, if she spoke true, she would have gone into battle even if he had said no. That is one thing she needed to do, and would never take no for an answer as far as it was concerned.

PostPosted: May 25th, 2012, 6:07 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

When Caran next woke, the sun was high in the sky. She blinked back the sleep from her eyes. "We're late!" She exclaimed as her eyes adjusted to the morning light. She withdrew herself from Boromir's arms, smiling slightly at his hold on her. Didn't he know that she could never leave him? Caran extinguished the fire and began to set up their breakfast.

Faramir sighed faintly, drawing her close to him. He could see the sun beginning to creep into the shadows that surrounded them. He was exhausted, but it did not show. "I think you should get some rest. We shall need to leave soon. We have much to do today."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 30th, 2012, 9:46 pm 
Istari
Istari

Boromir groaned. "Just a few more minutes.." he turned over and reached out, grasping her arm. He tugged her until she fell, safely, against him. He tucked her tightly into his side and nuzzled her neck.

"you go ahead and rest...I can get the things ready again for the journey..." her voice trailed off, and her eyes were drooping closed.

PostPosted: June 7th, 2012, 4:43 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Caran chuckled softly as she fell back into Boromir's welcome arms. "How can I deny you?" She asked rhetorically as she resumed her place beside him. Her leg curved over him as she snuggled into his side. "I wish we could stay here, like this forever," she whispered softly, tucking her head into his neck.

"Hmm...I don't think so," Faramir tugged Lona against his side, his arms sloping around her protectively, holding her still. "Sleep, Lona. That is an order." He risked a glance in her direction, wondering how she would take such a comment. He could not help but smirk.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 7th, 2012, 11:33 pm 
Istari
Istari

"why don't we? Just stay right here. Away from war, away from politics..." he placed kisses along her neck. "Time to ourselves...to do whatever we wished..." he murmured against her soft skin, inhaling her scent.

Her spine involuntarily prickled, like a cat when it puffs it's back up. But she bit back some words. He was, after all, a Lord or Gondor. She took in a deep breath, let it out, and tried to relax her tensed muscles. "Alright.."

PostPosted: June 8th, 2012, 5:53 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"That is all too tempting, Boromir. Trust me." She kissed him tenderly. "Unfortunately if we do not fight now, this happiness will be short lived. The orcs of mordor will come looking for us." There was a sparkle of fear in her eyes. "I want this forever and to be with you happily ever after I will fight." She moved till she was on top of him, she leaned down and kissed him deeply. "I think I have fallen in love with you...and in such a short time."

Guilt set in immediately. "I'm sorry Lona...But you would run yourself ragged if you could. You need to start looking after yourself. I do not want to see any harm coming to you. I care about you too much." He kissed her forehead softly.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 9th, 2012, 9:25 am 
Istari
Istari

Boromir paused, then kissed her. "As I have fallen for you:" he whispered. He pulled her tightly against him got a few more menta before nuzzling her neck and letting her go. "You're right though. Best to get a move on."

She flinched. "It's alright. But I'm so use to spending my days on the battlefield in the tents getting ready...I'm use to that life. It's all I've known." her eyes drifted closed, and her voice faded off into soft breathing as she dropped off to sleep.

PostPosted: June 9th, 2012, 1:15 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Caran kissed him softly before getting to her feet. "We should reach Rohan by nightfall if we keep up the pace we had yesterday." Truth be told Caran did not want to hurry. She was in no hurry to deliver the news she carried. Caran reached into her brown satchel and drew out two rolls, she had prepared before they left Gondor. With a small smile she handed one to Boromir. "It's not much, nor my best work, but it will keep us till dinner time." Caran began to clear away any sign that they had been in the clearing, while she ate.

"Then I will need to show you a life where war does not exist. A life where battle is unnecessary. A peaceful life that you can enjoy." He whispered softly to her, fully aware that she had fallen asleep. He cradled her close to him as his fingers stroked through her soft hair. "I will make sure you live the life you have been so desperately fighting for." Faramir did not sleep, he simply watched over Lona as she slept.

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 605 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next