Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 5:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 605 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Another War
PostPosted: August 18th, 2011, 5:56 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Caran sat up and shrugged her shoulders. "It is understandable," she flashed a smile at Lona briefly. "How is your shoulder?" she enquired her eyes darting to where the orcs had come from. They would come back once they had gathered their numbers once more.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 18th, 2011, 6:01 pm 
Istari
Istari

"It is as to be expected." she wouldn't reveal exactly how bad it was. She took a seat next to Caran and wordlessly watched as well, her jaw twitching. The Mage troubled her.

PostPosted: August 18th, 2011, 6:08 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"Something on your mind?" Caran asked without looking at Lona. Her eyes closed, but she remained alert, listening to the sounds around her. She grew impatient, waiting on the Captain's decision. The thought of waiting around for another attack saddened her and felt like a sitting duck.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 18th, 2011, 6:16 pm 
Istari
Istari

"Just the possibility of another ambush." it was only a half lie. She really was thinking of another ambush. Her eyes scanned over the men. They had lost some.

PostPosted: August 18th, 2011, 6:23 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Caran sensed that Lona was not being entirely honest about how she was feeling. Who was Caran to bother? Lona probably had her reasons. Caran nodded her head and turned her gaze and attention to the camp. Sitting forward she propped her elbow on her knee and her head in her hand. The sun was beating down on the camp now. A smile spread across Caran's face as the heat from the sun's rays warmed her.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 18th, 2011, 9:09 pm 
Istari
Istari

She thought a minute. If he had killed everyone she knew...she was suddenly alarmed. She stood up and searched for the captain "Captain, there is something wrong. I need to go to the borders alone. It is too dangerous for anyone else to go." the Mage was seeking people who were close to her. Her friends and family, and she knew anyone around her was in danger.

PostPosted: August 19th, 2011, 5:09 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Caran's eyes widened at Lona's request. With a sigh she slipped into her tent and laid across her bed. Well that's that then, she thought darkly, rolling her eyes. Her body seemed to relax into the thin mattress. Her body had been stiff from lying on the ground the night before.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 19th, 2011, 11:20 am 
Istari
Istari

The captain shook his head "You cannot go alone. Take that woman and that man I've seen you with." he left her she walked over "Caran, be ready within the hour. Do you know where Feredir is?"

PostPosted: August 19th, 2011, 11:40 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Caran roused at the sound of Lona's voice. "Last time I saw Feredir, he was piling dead orcs onto a blazing fire. I can go look for him and pass on the message if you like?" She sat up and rubbed the sleep from her eyes.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 19th, 2011, 12:10 pm 
Istari
Istari

She nodded "Please." she went into her tent and gathered her weapons, and supplies. She stuck them in a saddle bag and then left her tent, whistling for her horse, Andreus.

PostPosted: August 19th, 2011, 12:38 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Caran gathered her belongings and necessities before exiting her tent. She peered around the campsite looking for Feredir. He was found sitting, uncomfortably, amongst his fellow soldiers, enjoying a spot of lunch. Caran approached him and passed on Lona's message. Feredir nodded and said he would meet Lona and Caran at the entrance of the campsite. Caran bowed her head to him and made her way over to the horsemaster.
"I need a strong and healthy steed. I have a long journey ahead of me. Price is no problem to me either." The horsemaster rubbed his hands greedily. He waved a finger in her face and disappeared behind his tent. He returned with a male black horse. He was magnificently beautiful. Caran smiled brightly.
"He's perfect! The price?" She enquired.
"Three silver pieces ma'am." Caran nodded and handed over the money.
"What is his name?" she asked as he turned his back. The horsemaster glanced over his shoulder. "Argo," he smiled and disappeared.

Caran smiled faintly. Argo.. she mused as she walked with her horse to the camp entrance.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 19th, 2011, 1:48 pm 
Maia
Maia

Feredir sat slumped against a tree just outside of the camp, his eyes sweeping around as Beleg made to tend the rather nasty looking cut running down his cheek. The soldier was pouring Siná on it again, a strong elvish spirit that he had happily traded for on his previous journey. It stung but Feredir barely flinched. How had they been ambushed? The men had not been overly drunk, and even if they had been what about the men posted at regular intervalls around the camp?
"Uncle?" Beleg asked curiously, following the ranger's stare.
Feredir looked up "Thank you."
He had only discovered the boy during battle, trying to fight what had seemed to be the strongest looking orc in the troop, and failing miserably. It had been the boy, who's flailing sword had cut down the side of his face. Feredir had not chastised him though- It had been his choice to leave his family and come to war, and no mean feat that he had made it so far at such a young age. The boy had slain the orc, but obviously felt guilt for having wounded and not recognized his kin.
It would scar, the ranger thought absently, but telling Beleg that would only strengthen his feelings of guilt. To be a true warrior was to never feel regret in battle.
"I am leaving today," he said quietly, as one of the pages ran up with his horse fully loaded.
Beleg turned on his haunches "Now?" His voice betrayed his age and he seemed lost for a moment, then curiosity got the better of him;"May I join you? Do you ride back to the elves?"
Feredir raised his eyebrows as his rose to his feet "No, astalder, to the borders."

He was not sitting far from the camp entrance and he had seen Caran approaching. It was time to leave.
Beleg stood and took the horse's bridle:"Surely not alone!"
"I shall have ample company,"Feredir said, nodding his head as the woman neared.

. O r b i s N o n S u f f i c i t .

PostPosted: August 19th, 2011, 1:59 pm 
Istari
Istari

Lona adjusted her bandages shoulder as she mounted her stallion and followed Caran to the gates. She would need to tell them about the mage at some point, she figured.

PostPosted: August 19th, 2011, 2:40 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Caran bowed her head at Lona and at Feredir as he followed behind her with his steed. "What pass would you prefer to take? In the open we are easily seen and more prone to attack. On the otherhand passage through the forest is also dark. Many creatures lay hidden in the dark.."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 19th, 2011, 2:46 pm 
Istari
Istari

"I would much rather have some level of protection under the trees." she knew that both ways had their dangers and risks, yet, the forest was a better choice.

PostPosted: August 19th, 2011, 2:49 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Caran nodded. "More places to hide if the need occurs..We ready to go?" she asked. Her horse neighed in impatience. Caran smirked as she patted his neck.

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 605 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 38  Next