It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Middle Earth RPG
PostPosted: May 18th, 2013, 2:43 pm 
Elf
Elf

Okay, it's time to start this!!

Characters:

Name:Elaine (played by Torziel Evenstar)
Appearance: shoulder length wavy dirty blonde hair, freckles, warm brown eyes
Personality: a tomboy, good at sports, hates dresses, always wears shorts and a t-shirt; very smart, loves LOTR, has read it 17 times (idk why, just a random #)
Occupation: student at a public middle school and plays a lot of sports and gets straight As
Weapon: sword because she fences
Strengths: fencing, sports, school
Weaknesses: overconfidence
History: like I said, has read LOTR seventeen times and lives with her parents, grandparents, 5 biological siblings and 4 adopted siblings

Name: Kiara (played by aralas_29)
Appearance: dark hair, grey eyes, slim, around 5'2''
Personality: fun-loving, complete LotR and The Hobbit nerd, serious when the need arrives, friendly, kind, a little bit secretive, avoids solitude sometimes.
Weapon: sword, Swiss Army knife, carries flashlight all the time
Strengths: ciphers, puzzles, Elvish, LoTR and TH
Weaknesses: is not well trained in weaponry
History: has been a total Tolkien/LoTR/TH nerd for 3 years, keeps a few secrets, comes from family of 8 kids

Name: Laura (played by legolin12)
Appearance: blonde grey eyed slender and tall
Weapons: Bow and pocket knife
Personality: fun loving, cheerful, very mischievous
Strengths: archery, math, Elvish
Weaknesses: never serious, EVER
History: from a family of 10 kids, been a LOTR nerd since she was little

Name: Ellie (played by Elenia)
Appearance: dark haired and green eyed, slender and tall
Personality: quiet, cheerful, serious
Weapons:pocket knife
Strengths: Elvish, problem solving skills
Weaknesses: she is shy
History:adopted into a family of 6 kids

If you want to join, I may accept a few others! Post your characters here: http://arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=22650

Plot: We black out randomly, and when we wake we are in Rivendell just after the Fellowship leaves. Then we go on a quest to follow them, and we meet in Lothlórien. More info here: http://arwen-undomiel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=22650

Okay, I guess I will make the first post...
(Let's start with some background info on our charries and once everyone has posted background info, we can start blacking out. :teehee: :lol: That sounded weird....)

Elaine sighed and wrapped her arms around her knees. She checked her clock: two hours left until she had to go to school. Good. She had time to rant. Why wouldn't the coach let her play basketball? Just because she was a girl? She knew a million other schools that let girls play basketball! Why not her school? At least she was one of the school's best volleyball players- and the eighth grade girls' team captain. Elaine sighed again, took out her thoroughly worn copy of the Lord of the Rings, and proceeded to read it for the umpteenth time. She loved this series, and had soon forgotten her worries as she (metaphorically, for now...) lost herself in a flurry of adventure and suspense.

Post subject: Re: Middle Earth RPG
PostPosted: May 18th, 2013, 3:34 pm 
Istari
Istari

This was the 1st time in her life, it seemed, that Laura was not happy. She had to ride 3 miles(and back) to go to the grocery store, instead of watching the Lord of the Rings."UGH! Seriously, why cant I stay home!" She grumbled. Then as she turned the corner, she saw a girl in the school yard of the nearby middle school."Hi!" Laura smiled at her. Then she noticed that she was reading the Lord of the Rings."YOU ARE READING THE LORD OF THE RINGS???" She asked in excitement. "That is like my favorite trilogy ever!"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 18th, 2013, 3:48 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Kiara was taking her daily walk in her neighbourhood. She was flipping through her new copy of The Hobbit. She passed by her old school and waved to a couple of friends. Kiara spotted a girl reading a big fat book. Another girl passed by and started talking to the reading girl. "Did you just say Lord of the Rings?" Kiara said, running up to them.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 18th, 2013, 6:18 pm 
Elf
Elf

Elaine looked up. "Oh, hi," she said. "I have read it before, many times. It's an epic series, wouldn't you say?" She scanned the two girls' faces. "I don't think I have seen you around before. Are you new?" Suddenly the bell rang. She made an apologetic face. "So sorry. I've got to run. But I really would like to hear your names! It's great meeting other LotR fans!"

"Elaine!" A voice yelled. "Get your butt over here!"
Elaine grimaced. "Coming!" She yelled, then added, "I am Elaine, by the way, but I gotta go, like, now!" She turned and ran off.

PostPosted: May 18th, 2013, 8:01 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"I'm Kiara," Kiara replied. She turned to the other girl and stuck out her hand. "I live near here and I'm homeschooled."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 18th, 2013, 9:23 pm 
Istari
Istari

"Im Laura! And I am homeschooled too!" Grinned Laura. She waved at Elaine. "Have fun at school!" She smiled at Kiara. Then she froze."Ive got to run! Ill see you later, maybe after the school hours!" She hopped on her bike and ran off.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 19th, 2013, 7:00 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"Bye," Kiara said, waving. She sighed, turned around and went home. I don't want to do math right now, she sighed. When she got home she suddenly felt sleepy and went upstairs to the bedroom she shared with her sister. She fell down on the lower bunk and went to sleep. (Middle Earth, here we come!)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 19th, 2013, 9:52 pm 
Elf
Elf

Elaine sat at her desk in the back of the room and sighed, utterly bored. There was nothing to do, except listen to the teacher's pointless historical ramblings. And there was no way she was going to do that. She took out her history notebook and began to sketch a model of the Evenstar. When she was about halfway finished, she decided she hated it. She turned the page and drew Arwen. Then, because she felt like it, she drew herself next to Arwen. Next, she sketched in the two girls she'd met earlier. What were their names? Kiara and Laura? "Ahem," said a voice from in front of her. Elaine jumped and looked up, only to see her teacher. He held out his hand as if to take the notebook. Elaine didn't move. "Elaine? Let's have it!" Elaine still didn't move. The teacher sighed, rolled his eyes, and snatched it. "No!" Elaine cried wildly, snatching the notebook right back. She clutched it to her chest protectively and tucked it under her bookbag strap. "Elaine...." the teacher warned. But she never knew what he was going to say, because just then.....

She....

blacked......

out......

(Yay! Middle Earth!)

PostPosted: May 19th, 2013, 11:27 pm 
Istari
Istari

Laura sat down on a bench on her way home."I dont want to do science at home!" she mumbled. She began to feel drowsy. Then she blacked out.(Middle Earth!)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 20th, 2013, 11:33 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(woohoo :D )
Kiara woke up. She stretched, still closing her eyes. Birds were chirping. Wait, chirping birds? Kiara sat up and opened her eyes. Thoughts and questions flashed through her mind. I never wake up to birds! We live in the city! What time is it? She looked at her watch. It was 10:30am. Kiara took a good look around the room. This is not my room! Where am I? Just then loud footsteps came close to the door. Kiara jumped out of the bed just as the door opened. Elrond and Boromir were standing there. "This will be your room...What on Middle Earth?" Elrond exclaimed when he saw Kiara. Kiara bowed, not knowing what to do. She racked her brain for all the elvish she knew. "Goheno nin, Lord Elrond," she said quickly. Elrond looked at her worriedly and closed his eyes for a few seconds. "Valar help us," he muttered. "Let's go get you some proper clothes," he said, leading her out. Kiara looked down at her clothes. GAH! Shorts and a blue t-shirt. I should have known! I'm so immodest to them. She smacked her forehead and looked back at the room. Her bag was sitting on the table. "Just a moment please, sorry," she said and rushed back into the room. Kiara grabbed her bag and looked inside. Thank God! A skirt! She went into a corner and pulled it on. She looked around. "I'm in Rivendell," she breathed. "Now, to find the Council place so I can sneak in. Or introduce myself to Gimli, Frodo, Legolas, Pippin, Merry, Gandalf, Aragorn, Arwen, Lindir, Erestor... YES! MIDDLE EARTH!" she said to herself, and pumped her fist. Kiara ran and took a look around.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 21st, 2013, 5:04 pm 
Elf
Elf

Elaine woke up, and rubbed the back of her head. "Ow," she moaned. She tried to recollect the memories of what had just happened. She vaguely remembered fighting with the teacher over a notebook, and blacking out.... how embarrassing! But that aside, where the heck was she?

She took out her phone and turned it on. The time read 10:35. Odd... she was supposed to be in her second bell by now! She tried to access her GPS app, but there was no signal. Suddenly the screen on her phone started to blink, then went completely blank. "No, no, no!" Elaine hissed. Things were getting REALLY weird now.

She climbed to her feet and looked around. A cold breeze rustled past her, and she pulled her jacket tighter around her, wishing she had not worn a tank top and short shorts. Her surroundings seemed familiar, somehow.... and then it dawned on her! This was Rivendell! "Okay, either the school play is FotR this year and the props are really convincing, I'm at the movie set in New Zealand, or I'm actually in Middle Earth!" Elaine mused. "Well, the school's props are usually awful.... and I'm pretty sure New Zealand has cell phone service... so I'm in Middle Earth!
"OMG!" she screamed, jumping about. "This is the best day of MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!" Footsteps sounded behind her, she jumped. "Hello?" she asked when she turned around.

"Um..." said the boy behind her, gaping at her shorts.

"Oh, stop it!" Elaine snapped, embarrassed because nobody in Middle Earth probably dressed like that. Then she realized who she was staring at. "Frodo Baggins?"

PostPosted: May 21st, 2013, 6:44 pm 
Istari
Istari

Laura blinked. "Where am I?"she wondered. Then she heard voices speaking in Elvish. She looked out the window, and screamed."yay!!!!!I'm in Middle Earth!" She glanced at her short skirt. It would not be acceptable in Middle Earth. Snooping around, she found a long skirt and put it on. Then she went out of the room to look for some Elves.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2013, 6:53 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Kiara heard people laughing. She turned the corner and saw the hobbits. They were with someone who looked a bit familiar...
"Hey! Frodo! Sam! Merr-" she yelled, waving her arms in the air. She stopped in the middle, catching herself. They don't know me, oops! Kiara smacked her forehead and hid behind a tree. "Uh... who are you?" a male voice said from behind, tapping her shoulder.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2013, 7:49 pm 
Elf
Elf

The hobbits looked at Elaine strangely. "Who are you?" Frodo asked her.

Elaine frowned and stammered, "Uh... I'm Elaine..."

"Elaine," Pippin said. "I've never heard your name before."

"Are you here for the council of Elrond too?" asked Frodo.

"Um. I guess you could say that," Elaine replied.

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2013, 10:10 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"Legolas!" Kiara exclaimed impulsively. Legolas looked at her strangely. "Excuse me?" "Sorry. I'm Kiara. I'm, er, kind of lost. Do you know where the Council will be held?" "Oh. Yes. It will start pretty soon, and I'll show you where it will be held when it's about to start. Are you alright?" Kiara looked up at the elf, and smiled sheepishly. "Yes, I'm okay." What she was really thinking was,'Wow. I'm actually talking to Legolas Greenleaf!' She heard the name 'Elaine' behind her and spun around. Elaine? The girl she just met this morning? Then she remembered Legolas and turned back around. "So, I'll see you later?" she asked. "Yes. Goodbye," he said and went to talk to Aragorn who was some distance away from them. She ran to the hobbits. "Elaine?" Kiara asked, walking up to the familiar person.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2013, 7:55 am 
Elf
Elf

"Um, hi," said Elaine. "I don't know you. That is to say, I don't know anyone here. But I've read about them. So I know them pretty well, I guess you could say." The hobbits looked confused. Elaine giggled nervously. "Oh wait, I do know you! You're Kiara from this morning, right? Fancy meeting you here!"