Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 608 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38
 Post subject: Re: From Night to the Edge of Day
PostPosted: May 19th, 2013, 5:10 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Suddenly she could hear raised voices nearby.

"Training? TRAINING!!! For what? Has losing Haldir taught you nothing? You could die. You could lose the baby. I could lose you! Do you not think I have lost enough sweet sister?"
"Markus..." Marylyn sighed. "Would you have me sit here and wait for death? Would you have me sit here do nothing and worry? I want to fight Markus. It's all that I know."
"It's all that you knew! You are now going to take up needlepoint or some other hobby. Anything that keeps you off that battleground. Name me commander. I will not fail you."
"That's just not me Markus and you know it...please don't make me stay."
"I've already spoken to Lady Galadriel. It's out of your hands."

Marylyn gasped and stepped back. It was though she had been stabbed in the back. "Markus..." She sighed heavily.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 19th, 2013, 8:44 am 
Istari
Istari

Luna bit her lip so hard out of both surprise an attempt to keep silent that a small trickle of blood flowed from the small wound. What could she do? Should she just stay here? She wanted to defend Marylyn, but she also wanted to agree with Markus...But ultimately, it was Marylyn's choice. She did not know what to do, so she remained on her knees, now staring wide eyed in silent shock at the ground.

PostPosted: May 19th, 2013, 9:49 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"You can hate me all you want, but I'd rather have you hating me than dead."
"That's enough Markus." Her voice was sharp and laced with authority. "I understand what you did and if I was in your shoes I might have done the same. All I ask is for a fighting chance at survival. If you fail on the battleground I'm dead anyway...so why can't I just be there to help?"
"You are not mine to command. I will not accept the responsibility of your death. Please Marylyn for the love we share for the mother that gave us life, don't throw yours away."
"You shouldn't throw your life away either brother. You have just gotten it back after all. And for the love that Luna bares you please do not lose your life. I nor she will ever forgive you for that." Marylyn stalked away and left Markus to ponder her words.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 19th, 2013, 10:14 am 
Istari
Istari

Luna's eyes grew even wider. How did Marylyn know? She felt that she sank even further to the ground. In fact, she wished the ground would swallow her. She would never have told Markus, never. He had far better choices of women than herself. And as for the situation..Marylyn handled it herself, which brought a small smile to Luna's lips. She respected the other she-elf, and saw such strength and courage in her. She bowed her head once more. "By the Valar...Allow me to possess such courage as she does. Give me the strength to show...to show Markus..." She was speaking, not whispering. And even as she asked for strength, she felt it leave her at the mention of his name. She was ready to rush into battle, but to even whisper her feelings to Markus...The thought made her tremble. Was it fear of rejection? Would he laugh at her? She passed a shaky hand over her face, then placed both hands to cover her burning red cheeks.

PostPosted: May 28th, 2013, 6:22 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Markus watched after his sister, his anger slowly draining. "What does she know?" He grumbled to himself. He glanced around himself, still trying to bring some calm to his being, when he heard a familiar voice. He crossed over to a tree and peered around. "Lona?" Marylyn's words came screaming back to him. A blush stained his cheeks. "Are...are you alright?"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 26th, 2013, 11:10 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

(So sorry for the delay! this is my new account because I lost my login to my other one and couldn't log on..so sorry!! back online now!)

Luna jumped, nearly out of her skin. "Markus! Milord! I...I uh..." she swallowed back a squeak. "Beautiful night..?" Was all she could think of to say. Had he heard her? Had he known she had heard them? her own face began to turn pink, the color creeping up her neck and around her ears.

PostPosted: July 12th, 2013, 7:02 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"I take it you heard everything?" He did not wait for her answer. "Is it true? What Marylyn said?" Only then did he wait, his breath lodged in his throat.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 12th, 2013, 4:33 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Luna looked around desperately. "True of what?" she squeaked. This was not easy for her, and with certain other she-elves that had there eyes on Markus..."I believe she will be fine, even with the baby. She is a good fighter and knows what she is doing..." She babbled about the other things she had heard. She knew Markus was uncomfortable, and rightly so. She would be the last of his picks should he decide to take on a woman. She let out a breath, then took another deep one in, calming herself.

PostPosted: July 12th, 2013, 5:48 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"I know my sister will be fine. She is more strong willed than I am. She is smarter than I am, a better fighter than I am too...I'm not really worried about her. It's not that she can't do it, but that she shouldn't do it...for the baby's sake at the very least. She's only throwing herself into this because she feels closer to Haldir when she fights...trouble is she could end up closer than she...Wait..." Markus rolled his eyes. "You know that is not what I meant. Do not think that you can change the subject so easily. Tell me the truth, do you?"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 13th, 2013, 12:38 am 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

"I...I-I...." she swallowed. "I have never known or met anyone like you..." she whispered, and backed away a step. "I do....I've never felt this before and I...I know it must make it strange for you..." she backed away another step, looking at the ground, realizing what she was saying, and afraid of his reaction. If he didn't feel the same, then...she mentally shrugged. She didn't know what she would do, she realized it was a possibility she may have to live with.

PostPosted: August 10th, 2013, 5:43 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"Why didn't you say anything before?" His voice was barely even a whisper. His mind was racing, running over all their encounters. He was finally seeing things from a different perspective. It wasn't just in his mind. She loved him too! He cleared his throat to stem his excitement.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 10th, 2013, 11:58 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Her jaw worked open and shut, but no sound came forth. He seemed uncomfortable as he cleared his throat. "I...I did not want to be presumptuous....I didn't--" she was cut off by the blaring of an elven horn. The sound was frightening, something was happening. Elves began running towards the sound of the horn, and her face drained of color. Were they under attack?

PostPosted: September 29th, 2013, 3:27 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"We need to put a pin in this conversation...can we continue it later?" He glanced up nervously, watching as the elves ran drawing out there weapons. "This isn't good..." He looked frantically for his sister, but she was nowhere to be seen. He took Luna's hand and pulled her behind him. "Stay with me. Stay behind me. I'll keep you safe." He began to run with the others, drawing out his sword. There was fear in the eyes that he passed.

Suddenly the came to an opening a black mass was facing them. Hungry, ravenous orcs, they butted their spears and shook there swords menacingly. "Where is Marylyn?" Markus asked of his neighbour. He simply motioned to the front. There she was astride a stunning white horse in glowing armour, her hair flowing down her back and Haldir's sword raised above her head. Her other hand lay across her stomach that had just been covered by her armour and no more. "This is for your father. He will be avenged and we shall have peace in this land for you."

A horn sounded and the two armies began to advance towards each other. Markus fought to get close to his sister, dragging Luna with him. "Marylyn!!!"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 1st, 2013, 9:47 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Luna gasped as he dragged her along behind him, she caught sight of Marylyn, only to lose it again as the masses of elves began to move towards the frightful army before them. "m--ma--Markus!" her hand tore away from his as the army around her picked up speed. This was it, they were facing the dark army, and she without a weapon! she had to find something...she then remembered a small dagger she had stored under her skirt, attached to her leg. she pulled it out, disgusted immediately by the size. it was all she had, so it would have to do. she looked around and fell back, moving to the side flank of the army. there she could see clearer the horrors that lay ahead of her. Their army was massive, the dark Lord's. She felt her steps falter, then urged herself on. She had to fight, for Lady Marylyn, For Markus...Markus...she began to wonder if she would ever see him again, if she would ever be able to admit her feelings to him.

PostPosted: January 20th, 2014, 5:14 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"If you care for me at all you will get as far from here...Luna?" In the rush of the moment, he neglected to notice that his hand was empty. He looked around, wild with worry. Where had she gone? How long had she been gone? Was she safe? His mind was racing. Nameless faces passed him by focused on the threat at hand. Markus sent a whispered prayer to the havens. "I deserve nothing, but if you would grant me this one wish I will be eternally grateful...keep them safe...for heavens sake keep them safe..." With a sigh he turned and marched onward to what could may well be his doom.

Marylyn mounted high upon her white steed, kept a wary eye upon her troops. "Courage my friends. Courage. These foul creatures will show you no mercy so show them none. You are heirs of the eldar, the same strength flows through your very veins. Courage." She lost track of who she was trying to encourage: them or her? Her free hand came to rest on her abdomen. "This is for your father..." she whispered before charging to the front of the line. The trees were more sparse now and loud noise boomed through the spaces. They were chanting, grinding their spears into the ground. "Death!" was all she could hear.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 19th, 2014, 9:47 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Luna's pale face went even more pale as she beheld the exact size of the black mass. Her eyes closed for a moment. "Markus.." She whispered, a tear running down her face. In that moment, she pictured his face, pictured her words entering his mind, pictured her fingers caressing his cheek. Her eyes opened once more. That vision would keep her going. "Let him live..." She sent a prayer. A single prayer amidst the chanting and thrumming of the sound of spears grinding into the earth.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 608 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38