Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 8:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 608 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: From Night to the Edge of Day
PostPosted: August 30th, 2012, 6:14 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

"No, I am not too tired." Sirel's gazed into the distance, a wistful smile on her face. "One summer, I travelled here with Lord Elrond and his family. Lady Galadriel always held a big, formal dinner for Lord Elrond and Lady Celebrían when they came, and according to Elladan and Elrohir, it was so boring.
"On the summer that I went with them, Elrohir and Haldir snuck into my room just before it was time to leave for the dinner. At that point in time, I didn't know Haldir very well at all. So I was very surprised to see him. Elrohir explained that he  had packed a picnic lunch for us so we wouldn't have to sit at the feast and listen to the adults drone on about boring things. We climbed out the window and headed for a small creek half a kilometre away. It was the best lunch ever. Haldir had even managed to steal a couple of pies! We stayed there almost the whole afternoon - eating and laughing and playing in the creek. It was three or four hours after lunch before anyone found us." The elf laughed. "Elrond was furious! But not as mad as Elladan was for being left out! Haldir and I became fast friends after that."

PostPosted: August 31st, 2012, 2:09 am 
Istari
Istari

Luna soon returned, finding herself walking into the middle of a conversation. She saw Markus asleep in a chair, and silently crossed the room, grabbing a blanket from the small stand.in the corner. She opened it up and spread it over Markus, tucking it in around his shoulders. "Is there a chance of us winning?" she whispered to the two other women, her gaze searching theirs. She didn't know how much more death she could take. Her sorrowful gaze traveled to the sleeping Markus once again. What if he died? The first true friend she had ever had? She settled on the floor beside his chair, laying her head against the arm rest, her hand on his.

PostPosted: August 31st, 2012, 3:51 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"I bet that young Haldir would be shocked to see what he would grow up to be. Another boring adult, mulling around in meetings with dreadful news and exhausting long conversations about nothing and everything." Marylyn chuckled softly. "I would have loved to have met a carefree Haldir," she said again. "I just miss him so much and hate that he wont be around to see our good times renewed. He will never meet his child..." She sighed deeply, willing herself not to cry. She looked up from her hand as Luna entered. "Are you alright dear?" She asked, discreetly sniffing back her tears. "Off course there is a chance of winning. You will be fighting alongside some of the strongest fighters I have ever met. You're pretty good yourself too. Have hope Luna. We will get through this."

Markus stirred slightly in his sleep, wrapping himself in the blanket that had been placed over him. His brow furrowed slightly, but soon relaxed when he grasped Luna's hand. He sighed softly.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2012, 3:49 pm 
Istari
Istari

Luna nodded, the worry still clear behind her eyes. "Thank you." she nodded, the glanced up at Markus again. She squeezed his hand briefly. I won't let you down. she thought. She felt close to him, and didn't want to think about the possibility of his passing.

PostPosted: November 15th, 2012, 4:18 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"You should try to get some rest, sweet Luna. We have a lot of work ahead of us." Marylyn yawned deeply, but knew no sleep would take her. The grief was still too near.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 16th, 2013, 6:32 pm 
Istari
Istari

Luna barely nodded, her eyes watching Markus like a hawk. She cared for him, she realized. But did not know how to express it. perhaps she would never be able to. She sighed out a small yawn and shifted so her head lay on his knee. Eyes now closed, she began to drift off into a dream. A dream where everything was right, and a dream where she could fully and completely express her feelings for Markus.

PostPosted: January 16th, 2013, 7:55 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Marylyn rose from her chair and silently glided over to where Luna crouched. Light as a feather, she placed a blanket around her and over her shoulders. "Sleep my dears...This is only the beginning..." With a sigh she turned and walked out onto the balcony and perched upon a rocking chair. She stared out into the world that was once so bright and hopeful. She wondered how it could have turned so dark so quickly.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 19th, 2013, 10:29 pm 
Istari
Istari

Luna's dreams quickly fell into darkness, and she began to twitch as images of a fallen middle earth filled her dream sight. Fire. Smoke. Screams and misery of people once happy and full of life and health. Her hand clutched tighter to Markus' hand, and she fell still once more, too deep in slumber to move, yet still.plagued by the horrors of what could unfold.

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2013, 7:34 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Marylyn paced along the balcony. Back and forth. Sleep was not willing to make an appearance this night. Marylyn's eyes shot to the sky and gazed upon the full moon and the sparkling stars beside it. Carefully she came down to her knees and prayed the night away.

Markus was deep in slumber, one nightmare fading into the next. At one point he felt heat in the palm of his hand. He was burning, but his body was to heavy to move. Instead he held on to the heat in his hand and caressed the flames. The heat became soothing, relaxing. His nightmares faded again, he braced himself for another nightmare, but it was soon replaced by the image of Luna. Her smile, her hair blowing in the wind, her piercing eyes. He sighed softly in his sleep.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2013, 8:15 am 
Istari
Istari

As soon as the first light of morning broke thrpugh the branches of the trees, Luna stirred and slowly opened her eyes, blinking the sleep from them. She looked up at Markus, and realized she was still holding his hand. She carefully removed her hand from his and stood, stretching out her back muscles. Today started it all over again. The worrying, the sorrows of war...She took a deep breath, hoping the night's sleep had helped everyone's state of mind. She stepped out onto the balcony, watching the morning light filter through the trees.

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2013, 8:42 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Marylyn was already up and training. Her pregnancy forced her to take up archery. It was the safest place to be and still be a part of the battle. Marylyn had arranged targets all around her. They were in the trees, hiding round corners. Some were on ropes, swinging back and forth, charging and retreating. Marylyn was thankful to be only two months into her pregnancy, her movements were still lithe and flexible. She darted from target to target, sending her arrows to the centre of them. A few she missed and a few she narrowly hit.

With a sigh she straightened and wiped the sweat from her brow. Her training was over, but she had recruits to train too. Setting her bow and quiver aside she marched out into a small enclosure where her recruits waited nervously. They would need to have speed before they had anything else. She set them to running rounds and watched as their time went down each round.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2013, 5:57 pm 
Istari
Istari

Luna went to change out of her dress and into some soft, flexible leather breeches and a leather vest. She looked taller, slimmer, her toned arms showing hence the vest had no sleeves. She pulled her hair back into a single long braid, then found Marylyn. "I am ready to train..." She said quietly.

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2013, 7:36 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Marylyn bowed her head to her. "Play to your strengths Lady Luna. What skills have you perfected in your earlier training sessions?" Marylyn smiled at her kindly. "You will have to be faster than that. Quick as a flash. Light as a feather. Take your enemy by surprise. Don't go for the obvious kill either...they will be expecting that and it will be your downfall." She commanded of her trainees before returning her attention to Luna.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2013, 11:58 pm 
Istari
Istari

She nodded, then fell into step with the troops. she quickly was at the front of the group, her strong leg muscles pumping, working towards the goal they all shared. She would throw everything she had into this. For Marylyn, but also...For Markus.

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2013, 7:24 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Marylyn smiled warmly, her hand resting on her growing bulge. "I will create a peaceful world again. You will not have to know anything of war and loss. I will protect you." Marylyn moved between her troops, offering encouragement as she went before settling into her own training. It was too risky for her to be in the front line of battle, but she could surely do something to help. Archery perhaps? She ran her fingers over her bow, sighing softly.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 19th, 2013, 12:34 am 
Istari
Istari

After training hard with the other troops, Luna slipped away. She jogged into the forest, then dropped to her knees. She dropped her head in prayer. "Valar, gods...please help us.." she whispered. "I am but nothing in this, but Marylyn and Markus...You must protect them, I beg of you. You know I have not the strength to tell them both how much they mean to me, especially Markus...The only way is for you to give me strength, to protect them." She felt that there was something far greater at work inside her than had ever been before. Something she had never felt before. "Markus...Forgive me...I have not the strength nor courage to tell you..." she lifted her head and looked up at the now darkening sky.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 608 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next