Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 28th, 2024, 3:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 608 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: From Night to the Edge of Day
PostPosted: May 13th, 2012, 9:11 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Sirel gaped at her. "You're sorry? There's nothing to be sorry about! None of this is your fault, silly." She shook her head, amazed. "We're glad you're feeling better."
The healer cleared his throat. "I shall bring you some food. I shall be back in a moment."

PostPosted: May 14th, 2012, 4:43 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Markus brushed Lona's hair from her face. "Indeed you have nothing to be sorry for. You did is all proud out there Lona." He smiled reassuringly to her. "You'll be back on your feet in no time." The healer returned with a plate of food, he stood at the foot of the bed, waiting patiently. Markus helped Lona into a sitting position, being sure to take most of her weight. He piled the pillows high behind her back. "Comfortable?" He asked, his brow furrowed with worry.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 16th, 2012, 12:57 am 
Istari
Istari

"Yes...I am." she helped Markus and pushed herself upright even more, wincing only slightly. "I think it's healing.." she glanced down at the bandages. "Thank you, all of you." she looked at the plate, a greedy look coming into her eyes. She reached for it, but soon snatched her hand away, dismay taking the place of the hunger. "Did I miss the dinner? To honor the fallen?"

PostPosted: May 16th, 2012, 7:09 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Markus glanced at Sirel awkwardly. "I'm afraid so. I don't think there was much of a turn out. The grief for those that we have lost is still too near for most of us." His mind flashed to Marylyn. He sighed deeply. "Perhaps once the grief has subsided and wounds have healed we will try again. There has been word of building a monument in their memory. I don't know what will come of it though. The war is not over yet." Markus grimaced. "For many it is just beginning and they will need aid."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 17th, 2012, 10:13 am 
Istari
Istari

"We will all need aid. What is coming is of the highest evil." Luna sucked in a breath and closed her eyes. She could see the armies now. Armies, with hearts blacker than night. And there was a great eye. Sweat broke out on her forehead as a dark voice echoed in her mind. "There is no life in the void.." she had heard enough of it. He eyes popped open and she hastily reached for the water again. She had not clue what she had just seen.

PostPosted: May 17th, 2012, 10:34 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"What is it?" Markus asked, his voice echoing the worry he could not keep from his features. He hastily handed her the water. "What did you see?" He kneeled beside her now, his hands clasping hers. What is coming is of the highest evil. Her words echoed in his ears. "Do not worry." He was quick to ease her fear. "Rest now. The dark creatures of this world will have their day against justice and justice will win."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 17th, 2012, 10:43 pm 
Istari
Istari

"I saw fire. Fire and evil, and a malice so strong it choked the breath out of me." she whispered. "He intends to have dominion, over all." she could feel it in her bones. "This war is far beyond what I know...what is coming...I have no prior knowledge of." she looked at him, feeling helpless. Her hands tightened on his. "What do we do, against such evil?" she whispered.

PostPosted: May 18th, 2012, 5:33 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Fear gripped Markus. It was plain to see on his face. He slowly gathered his composure. "Galadriel will know what to do." He swallowed. "I only see one option though. That is to fight. We will fight for our freedom."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 19th, 2012, 5:25 am 
Istari
Istari

Luna swallowed and nodded. Her complexion had paled again ad the invisible hand of Sauron gripped her with icy fear. "He is searching for something..." she whispered. "Searching for an item of power that will make him unstoppable."

PostPosted: May 25th, 2012, 6:02 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"The one ring," Marylyn whispered, standing by the door. "Isildur took the ring in the last war. After his murder it went missing. Lost in the wild. It must have been unearthed. Sauron knows this. He needs the ring to regain his full strength." There was no fear upon her face as she spoke, she simply confirmed what she had been assuming for years. "Galadriel will already know of this. She will be preparing her last army in this war, but we will be used at the most opportune moment."

Markus looked between Luna and Marylyn, his jaw dropped in awe, shock and fear.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 25th, 2012, 10:03 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

[I have no idea if other people in Imladris knew about the ring, or if the council was kept secret... ]
Sirel suddenly gasped, going white as a sheet. "There was a secret council at Imladris a short while ago, attended by members of all races. Elrohir and Elladan were both there as well, but neither would explain afterwards. A month later, a group of people set out on a quest that was not revealed to us. It all makes sense now - it must have been concerning the one ring."

PostPosted: May 30th, 2012, 2:22 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Lets assume it was told to those high up in rank. They would need to be prepared anyway)

Marylyn glanced over at Sirel. "Yes. Not much is known about the group that left Imaldris or where they are now. Sauron's men have been searching for them. His hunger for power and the one ring grows more and more everyday. He will stop at nothing to find it." Her arms folded across her stomach. "Many assumed that the ring had been destroyed. It wasn't. It lives on and so will Sauron until it is destroyed."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 30th, 2012, 9:50 pm 
Istari
Istari

The pain in Luna's head intensified. She closed her eyes against it, again seeing an eye made of fire. The voice ever echoing inside her head. "please stop...please go away.." she whispered to herself.

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2012, 11:25 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Helpless, Sirel cast an anguished glance at Markus. She didn't know what she could do for Luna, much less the rest of the world. The sense of impending doom clenched a knot in her stomach, and the elf could feel hope slipping away. "What can be done?" she asked Marylyn.

PostPosted: June 7th, 2012, 4:22 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Markus shared a concerned glance with Sirel as he placed a cold cloth on Luna's forehead. "I have never seen this before. I had no idea that this was possible..." He whispered faintly. He was trying desperately to cleanse the fear from his face, but with every wince from Luna his heart plummeted.

Marylyn crossed her arms and straightened her back. "We have only one option. We must fight. We cannot leave the people of middle earth defenseless." She cleared her throat slightly. "There is a boat that is leaving for the Grey Havens for those unable or not wanting to fight though." Her nose wrinkled slightly.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 7th, 2012, 11:36 pm 
Istari
Istari

"Get out of my head..." Luna whispered through clenched teeth, not even knowing she was speaking out loud. She placed her hands right I've her ears, hoping to stop the evil that seemingly spoke to her. But that didn't stop it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 608 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next