Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 28th, 2024, 7:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 697 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Long Road
PostPosted: June 7th, 2012, 4:34 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Morohtar listened to the creaking floor boards above. It was a sure sign that Holly and Mariel were on their way downstairs. Morohtar rose to his feet, tucking his arms behind his back as he waited for their entrance.

Holly smiled faintly as she took one last glance in the mirror. Satisfied with her appearance, she turned to the door and held it open for Mariel. "Lets try and salvage what we can of this night. Lets enjoy ourselves." Holly brightened her smile and began following Mariel down the stairs. Her eyes met Morohtar's as soon as she entered the room. "You look dashing," she beamed. "As always."

Morohtar blushed faintly as he crossed over to her, offering up his arm to her. He smiled brightly when she took it. He helped down the last of the steps. "You look absolutely stunning, my love." He murmured softly to her as his eyes danced on her curves to her eyes. "You both look magnificent," he looked to Mariel with a smile.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 7th, 2012, 11:42 pm 
Istari
Istari

Mariel grinned. "Doesn't she just look fantastic? And please...I'm just an old woman." she said brusquely, but her eyes twinkled. "Are we set?" she motioned towards the door.

Lairiel heard the voices from within and steeled her features against the emotions that had been there once before. She turned and smoothed her skirt while she waited for them to walk out.

PostPosted: June 8th, 2012, 5:45 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"She does indeed, Mariel." His eyes returned to Holly, his lips curving in an affectionate smile. "All ready to go my love?" He asked, heading towards the door.

"Just one more thing," Holly slipped her mask inane placed Morohtar's on him. "Let's go," she giggled, stepping out onto the porch. Holly bowed her head to Lairiel, smiling brightly. "You look stunning. The men will be tripping over themselves to get to you." Holly gave a small wink.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 8th, 2012, 10:48 pm 
Istari
Istari

Mariel'a grin turned slightly stiff as she saw Lairiel, but she said nothing.

"No...I mean, thank you, Holly, but it is Morohtar who will have to work to keep you to himself, as the attentions of the men will be on you. You look gorgeous." Lairiel bowed her head, keeping her eyes on the floor.

"Come, Holly, Morohtar, let's get going!" Mairiel ushered them both to the steps and onto the path, but stopped when they got far enough ahead to not hear. She stopped Lairiel. "I expect you will, as usual, slip off to the tavern when they aren't looking. So I'll expect you not to do anything stupid. Don't ruin this might for them or me."

"Of course, sister." Lairiel dipped her head again.

PostPosted: June 9th, 2012, 2:38 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Holly walked with Morohtar. They glided together, following the crowds to the Town Hall. The Town Hall loomed above them, illuminated by rows of candles leading to the entrance and the stars in the sky. Morohtar helped Holly, teetering in her heels, over the threshold. The hall was brightly decorated and was roaring with cheer. The large fire, at the back of the hall, was fully lit. The flames seemed to flicker in time to the music. Streamers hung from the rafters, twinkling in the candle light in the rafters and on the round tables lining the hall.

A dance was already in session. There were coupled of eight standing facing each other. The women moved first, skipping between the men. The men then followed suit. When they returned to their places, the top couple came together and skipped down between the men and women three times until they were at the bottom. Then the procession began again.

Holly watched in amazement, her eyes never remaining still. Her eyes darted to her hand to find Morohtar kissing it softly, drawing her full attention. "A drink for the lady?" He asked with a chuckle.
"Three glasses of wine. While you go to the bar, the girls and I will find us a table." Holly smiled brightly to Lairiel and Mariel before turning to watch Morohtar make his way to the bar. Men and women lined the bar, their backs turned to the tender. They eyed the newcomers, distinguishing the singles from the couples and the reluctant couples. Only a few were faced away from the entrance. There was one man with wild, curly blonde hair. He had a black suit jacket with tales on. Another man stood beside him, with shoulder length, straight grey hair. They seemed to be deep in conversation.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 9th, 2012, 4:30 pm 
Istari
Istari

Mariel smiled at Holly, then shot Lairiel a warning look before she went to stand at Holly's side. "Isn't it exciting?" she whispered girlishly into Holly's ear.

Lairiel walked to the table and filled a mug to the brim with ale for herself. A few of these, then she would disappear as Mariel wanted. She sat on a bench and quietly watched all the brightly dressed men and women prance around, their cheeks glowing. Her eyes turned to her mug, where she stared at the liquid.

PostPosted: June 10th, 2012, 6:36 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Holly pondered the look shared between Lairiel and Mariel. It was clear that things were still tense between them. She hoped things would get better soon. "It's truly beautiful in here," she said, smiling to Mariel as she glided over to the table. "What do you think Lairiel? Seen anyone you like?" Holly asked with a wink as she took her seat.

The clearing of throats drew Holly's attention. She turned to see the two men she had spotted at the bar when they had arrived. "Forgive us for interrupting, Ladies." The grey haired one spoke. "But we had to ask if we could have this dance," the blonde haired man continued. Both men produced their hands to Lairiel and Mariel. The grey haired man was slightly older than his companion. It was clear from his accent that he was not from Rohan, but Gondor. He wore a tailored dark grey suit and elegant mask to match, that seemed to draw out his pale blue eyes. The blonde haired man smiled warmly to Lairiel, his teeth sparkly white. He had chosen to dress in a tailored black suit with a white mask framing his forest green eyes. The pair waited patiently for the beautiful women's answer.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 10th, 2012, 10:55 pm 
Istari
Istari

Mariel blinked, blushed, then nodded with a brilliant smile as she took the offered hand with a small dip of her head. "I would be honored, my Lord!" she flashed Holly a grin before turning her attention back to the man who led her into the dancing circle.

"No, Holly I do-" she was cut short as she finally looked up at the man, whom she hadn't even heard speak, so immersed was she in her own thoughts. She stared at him, clueless. Why was he holding his hand out to her. She looked down at her drink. No...he wouldn't want that...her eyes went back up to him. "Yes?" she said, not realizing she had just agreed to dance.

PostPosted: June 11th, 2012, 6:29 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"You make an old man feel young again," the grey haired man smiled as he drew Mariel onto the dance floor. The lights dimmed and the music chained. What was a beat you could tap your feet to, turned to a slow waltz. "Forgive me, I have not introduced myself. I was far too enchanted by your beauty. My name is Lucius." He smiled brightly at her as he took her hand in his own. He placed her free hand upon his shoulder and his own upon her waist. "May I ask fair maiden's name?" He tilted his head slightly as he twirled Mariel with the music.

"For a moment there I was sure you were going to say no. I am so grateful that you did not." The blonde haired man bowed as he took Lairiel's hand. "My name is Logan. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Miss?" His brow raised, as his dazzling eyes gazed into Lairiel's. Logan led her to the dance floor. He did not recognise the music and found himself mimicking Lucius discreetly. A quick learner he soon grasped the dance and was moving with Lairiel in elegant swirls.

Morohtar returned to the table with the three glasses of wine, to find Holly sitting on her own. When Holly did not look up, he followed her gaze to the two dancing couples. "Well I never..." He laughed, taking his seat beside Holly. "Who might the Prince Charmings be?" He asked.

"Not a clue my love," Holly smiled leaning against Morohtar. His hand came to rest upon her thigh. "It seems that love might just be in the air tonight." Holly turned to kiss Morohtar.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 11th, 2012, 6:32 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

( music changed*)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 11th, 2012, 3:41 pm 
Istari
Istari

"Fair maiden? My dear Lord I am but an old woman in a fancy dress." she smiled. "Though I appreciate the flattery. I am Mariel, it is a pleasure!" she glided with him, matching hisovements easily and gracefully.

Lairiel's eyes widened as Logan began dancing with her. Inside she was cringing. "Not miss. It's just Lairiel." she found her deep voice disgusting and out of place in the get up she wore. She should sound feminine, girlish, not like a man. She looked away from the man, down at her feet as she tried to keep up with him. She hadn't danced often.

A woman stood at the edge of the dance floor. She was clothed in long black robes, and a mask of swirling red and gold framed her startling blue eyes. Her eyes followed every move Mariel made, and glittered evilly. Long nails filed into points adorned her fingers, and her full red mouth was twisted into a smirk. She would win.

PostPosted: June 11th, 2012, 6:29 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"You are a fair maiden to my eyes, Miss Mariel." Lucius smiled warmly and genuinely. He glanced to their clasped hands briefly. "Forgive me if I am being bold, but is there a Mister Mariel?" His brow raised as he asked his question. Could not be too careful. He would hate to think he was stepping on someone else's toes. Unfortunately that had become the story of his life. He grimaced slightly at his thoughts.

Logan smiled at Lairiel, stifling his laughter. "Here," he gently lifted her onto his toes, drawing her closer to him. "Forgive me," he blushed slightly. "It's all the better to see your beautiful face. It is being wasted on the floor." Logan moved lightly and carefully over the floor. "I recognise you from the tavern that night. I only wish I had perked up the courage to speak to you then. I feared that it would be the first and last time I saw you. I am so glad you came here tonight." He smiled a small genuine smile.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 11th, 2012, 7:30 pm 
Istari
Istari

"No, there is not...he died quite a few years back while fighting for our city." she bowed her was for a moment in remberence, then lifted her eyes again. "And what brings you out here, Sir Lucius?" her eyes sparkled with the compliments he was paying her.

beautiful my arse. she thought, then stubbornly put her feet back on the ground. "What better way to learn than to go through the steps, Lord Logan." warning sparked in her eyes. "As for the tavern, I fear I would not have been good company. There is much on my mind as of late. But I thank you, nonetheless." at least there is one that is happy I came. she glanced first at Mariel, then longingly at her glass of ale that sat on the bench. Then her eyes were drawn to the woman clad in black. Her face lost all color. "Oh gods...it cannot be..." she whispered, casting another, now frantic glance at Mariel. Mariel was clueless, completely unaware of the other woman.

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2012, 10:45 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"I am so sorry to hear that. I can only begin to imagine how hard that must have been for you. It is always a shame to lose a good man." Lucius frowned deeply, feeling nothing but compassion for the woman in his arms. It was clear to him she was a strong woman. "Business," he answered her question with a grimace. "My friend and I have been hunting for months." The fatigue of his duty was thick in his voice.

Logan blushed brighter. Clearly he had overstepped his boundaries. "You're right. Do forgive me, Miss. I am sorry." He bowed his head to her and resumed their dance. "I am sorry to hear that you are troubled. I know we have just met and you have no inclination to trust me. You know nothing of me, after all. I do hope you will allow me to get to know you as I will allow you the same from me. Maybe then, when we know each other better, you can confide in me. Maybe I can help." From the way Lairiel looked around, Logan began to get the feeling that she was bored. Then he saw a familiar expression run across her face. Fear. He turned to view the source of it. "What's the matter?" He asked.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 24th, 2012, 8:52 pm 
Istari
Istari

"Hunting? Whatever for?" Mariel tilted her head curiously. "Or is that something that I should not know...?" she blushed as she realized she enjoyed being in his arms.

"I...I'm sorry...raincheck on the dance?" she blurted before slipping from his arms and rushing towards Mariel. "Mariel! You must come with me! Now!" she grabbed Mariel's arm. Mariel's eyes flashed. "Lairiel! Leave me be, you drunken *beep* child!" she slapped Lairiel's hand away. Lairiel gasped. "You must liste--" she grunted as a knife was embedded in her shoulder. Mairiel screamed and his her face in Lucius' shoulder.

The woman in black chuckled, tossing another throwing knife between her hands. She slowly began walking through the startled crowd towards Mariel.

Lairiel gasped in pain, but reached up and yanked the weapon from her shoulder. "Now you've done it." she growled. She lifted her skirts and retrieved two knives she had strapped to her thighs. They were longer than normal daggers, and were made for fighting. She turned and glared at the woman in black.

PostPosted: June 28th, 2012, 7:39 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"I would not have you worried, my Lady. Not this night. This night is for merriment and delight." Lucius smiled softly to Mariel before twirling her delicately. He watched the colour in her cheeks change to a dazzling pink. Lucius began to realise that he would love to watch this display again. He hoped this was not the last dance for them. He hoped this was the first of many. "Enjoying your evening so far?" He asked, tilting his head slightly.

Logan watched after Lairiel. He pondered what he could have possibly done wrong. Then his eyes caught sight of what had frightened Mariel. His brows rose in alarm as he drew out his sword. "Lucius! It's her!" He exclaimed, moving into a defensive pose in front of the dancing couples, all of whom had stopped and stared in horror.

Lucius looked from Lairiel to Mariel and finally to Logan, his eyes widening. He suddenly became aware of Mariel holding onto him and the slight iron smell in the air. There was no mistaking that smell. Blood. He took Mariel by the arms and forced her behind him. He then took Lairiel and launched her behind him. "Stay back!" He hissed, drawing out his own sword.

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 697 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next