Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 24th, 2024, 9:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 697 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 44  Next
 Post subject: The Long Road
PostPosted: August 22nd, 2011, 3:40 pm 
Istari
Istari

Name: Lairiel
Race: Human
Appearance: dark brown hair and blue eyes, average height for a woman.
History: she comes from a humble family in Gondor at Minis Tirith, and left her home when she was 18 to travel as a Ranger. She can often be seen helping people out and doing odd jobs for a coin or two. She is good at settling disputes between people. She is usually friendly, but keeps to herself mostly.

Post subject: Re: The Long Road
PostPosted: August 22nd, 2011, 4:57 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Name: Holly Silverkin
Race: Human
Appearance: Shoulder length, light brown hair. Always worn in two plaits. Her fringe (bangs) fall into her saphire blue eyes. Wears a short black dress with knee high stockings and a white shrug around her shoulders. Is about five foot in height.
Personality: Due to her history she has major trust issues and is very fiesty for her age. She likes to think she knows how to stand up for herself. That being said, when on her good side, she will most likely show you her soft side and her gentle nature.
History: Was born in Gondor to parents who adored her completely. Her father was taken from her when she was very young. He had left to fight for his country and never returned. Her mother, distraught with the loss of her husband, turned to drink and soon passed away due to illness. Holly became the responsibility of her distant uncle. He did not take kindly to being burdened by a child. He soon put Holly through her paces. He made her his slave and when he was bored his entertainment. Holly fled when she had a chance and has been on the run ever since.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2011, 5:19 pm 
Istari
Istari

(sounds good, Naer!)

Lairiel walked through the woods, her eyes scanning the are for any movement. It was mid afternoon, and Lairiel had her hood pulled low over her face. She had been tracking a theif for miles. It seemed to always be her luck to be led out into the forests whenever she tracked. She sighed, and continued on, her eyes and ears always alert.

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2011, 5:27 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(She is a creation I came up with ages ago and just never used. *Blows of the thick layer of dust on Holly* :goofy: )

Holly walked through the woods, her eyes cast down to the floor. Her hands were in her pockets shuffling what money she had left. A heavy sigh slid from her pursed lips. I'll get myself a job in the next town. She told herself, just as she had told herself everyday that week.

A rustling in the trees caught her attention. A tall man dropped down in front of her. He grinned at her toothily. "Lost little girl?" he teased. He lunged, grabbing for her pockets. Not able to resist the temptation the jingling coins had created. Holly jumped back with a screech. "Get back you thief!!"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2011, 5:54 pm 
Istari
Istari

Lairiel heard a shriek and took off in the direction she saw the man picking on a girl, and she glowered "You there!" she said, quickly walking up with her sword drawn. She placed her hand on his shoulder and turned him around roughly. "You should pick on people your own size, stupid oaf!"

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2011, 5:58 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Holly gasped as another, a woman, joined in. Holly was pleased she had came to her defence though. While the mans attention had been drawn away from her, she took the opportunity to kick him where it would really hurt. As he dropped to his knees, Holly snatched back her money. "Do not mess with me Mister!" she hissed, pocketing her money.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2011, 6:12 pm 
Istari
Istari

Lairiel gave an amused snort, but soon the man went for the girl again, furious. Lairiel quickly stepped in, shoving him away and held the sword point to his chest. "You sir, have done quite enough." she reached foreword and grabbed the three bags of money he had stolen from her. "Now go before I decide to run you through like the pig you are." she snarled. The man ran off and she turned to the girl, sheathing her sword. "Did he harm you?" she asked kindly.

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2011, 6:17 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Holly dusted herself down and straightened. "I'm fine," she smiled awkwardly. "Thank you for your help, miss." She looked up into the woman's face. She looked kind and looked a little like her mother. A pang of sorrow shot through her heart, she grimaced and looked down at her feet.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2011, 6:26 pm 
Istari
Istari

"My name is Lairiel, no need to call me miss, we are equals." she frowned and bent down to lift the girls chin "What is wrong?" she noticed a look of pained sorrow on the girl's face. Shenpondered a second, then spoke "Come with me to the next town. We'll get you some new clothes and a decent meal, then we'll talk." she smiled comfortingly at the girl.

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2011, 6:41 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Lairiel. What a nice name. Her touch startled her momentarily. However she soon eased at Lairiel's soothing words and voice. "You remind me of someone I used to know.." she said quietly, pushing the memory of her mother away before it could bring a tear to her eye. "Are you sure?" She asked in reply to Lairiel's offer. "I do not wish to be a burden to you." She smiled softly at Lairiel.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2011, 6:52 pm 
Istari
Istari

Lairiel smiled softly and chucked Her chin gently "If I was not sure I would not offer." she straightened, "Now, what is your name?" she began walking, motioning for the girl to follow "It's no burden, it's been too long since I have traveled with company. Let alone a girl as spunky as myself." she grinned.

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2011, 6:57 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Spunky? She mulled the word over in her mind and finally agreed it suited her personality completely. She giggled softly. Falling into pace beside Lairiel she glanced over at her. "My name is Holly Silverkin. I am glad of your company too. It can get very lonely as a run.." she paused, thinking better of the word she was going to use. "...as a traveller," she smiled awkwardly again, hoping Lairiel hadn't picked up on her mishap.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2011, 7:02 pm 
Istari
Istari

She smiled to herself. A runaway, no doubt. She glanced at the girl, she obviously had her reasons. "Nice to meet you, Holly." she smiled warmly at the girl again. "You are right about it being lonely, even for a Ranger it is lonely."

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Holly nodded, her gaze moving to look ahead. "How long have you been a ranger?" she asked. It had been her desire to become one herself. Shame fate had decided something much different for her.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2011, 7:11 pm 
Istari
Istari

"Four years total." she grinned "I left Gondor when I was eighteen." she glanced at the girl again. "How long have you been a traveler?" she emphasized the word 'traveler'. She wondered when Holly would trust her to tell her the truth.

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2011, 7:21 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Holly cast her head down to the ground again, biting her lip tightly. She's on to me! She panicked. After a moment of deliberation and alot of shuffling feet, she finally spoke. "I guess you could say I am relatively new to the travelling world. It hasn't been long since I left Gondor really."

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 697 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 44  Next