Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently May 21st, 2024, 7:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 368 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: From Fantasy To Reality
PostPosted: September 10th, 2011, 8:16 pm 
Maia
Maia

Megan smiled a bit to Legolas and shook her head at what he first said to her. "No... I want to start my training today. I just need some food and time with my friend, before it starts." She said to him softly and then looked down to her lap a bit, trying to keep herself calm in his presence. He always had such a tremendous effect on her and she had no clue why. It was only him. No one else.

Hearing Legolas' question about the bow, she looked back up to him and thought about it. "Well... I learned a bit when I was younger and in school... But... That's about it." She said softly and nibbled on her lower lip a bit nervously. She was an elf. She was SUPPOSED to know how to use a bow and arrow. She knew that he was expecting it of her.

--------------

Frodo did as Arabella asked him to do, as she prepared for her magic demonstration. She slowly walked behind her and looked over to Aragorn and Gandalf, who were standing in front of her. He had no idea what was about to happen, but he knew that Arabella would protect him.

Seeing the bright orb of a shield that Arabella had created left Frodo astonished. He looked over it as it covered the both of them with his mouth open wide and then laughed a bit. "That's amazing!"

------------

Aragorn knew that Arabella had it in her, especially when he saw the look of concentration spread across her face. He smiled widely, when he saw the shield being put up by her skills. Once she stopped the spell, he started clapping and laughed a bit. "Well, it looks like you have a good Hobbit on your hands, Gandalf." He said softly and smirked a bit, looking over to Gandalf.

Siggy set made by the amazing Lembas!

PostPosted: September 10th, 2011, 8:32 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"Thank you," Allison told Frodo with a slightly embarrassed grin. She could feel the adrenaline still rushing through her body. She had done magic. She knew that in battle, it would be different. When she was literally the only thing standing between the Fellowship and certain death, she knew that using her magic would become a necessity, not a fun trick she could pull out when she wanted. For all she knew, it might even become more difficult in the heat of battle to use her powers. But at the moment, that reality seemed far away.

She blushed when Aragorn burst into applause. "Really, it's nothing..." She looked to Gandalf, who was observing her and nodding his head. "Very good," he told her. "Very impressive. I can see that Elrond was correct about your usefulness. I will be happy to teach you."

Allison gave him a respectful nod before turning to Aragorn. "I know Lord Elrond said the training should begin today, but might I have something to eat first? And I should talk to Amara..." she looked over at Frodo. "Will the other Hobbits be receiving the same training?" she asked. "It seems like it might be necessary, don't you think?"

Suddenly, she felt dizzy, and she lurched for a chair, hanging onto it for support. Aragorn stood up, alarmed, but Gandalf remained seated. "Does this happen often when you use magic?" he inquired.

"Sometimes," she replied. "But...it may be because I haven't eaten."

Gandalf nodded. "Perhaps you're right. In any case, I can start by teaching you to control your powers so this doesn't happen as often. We cannot have you falling over every time you cast a spell! Frodo, please take Arabella to get something to eat. Introduce her to your friends, while you're at it. Aragorn and I have things to discuss, but we shall fetch Arabella when it is time for her training to begin."

-----------

Legolas offered Amara an understanding smile. "Of course," he told her. "You certainly need to keep up your strength, and all of us will need our friends more than ever in these trying times. We can begin whenever you wish.

He was pleased to learn that she had had some training with a bow. "Very good," he said. "This will make it easier. I don't expect perfection right away, of course, but it is necessary that you are able to defend yourself. I fear teaching your small friend might prove a bit more difficult, but I do not doubt her determination to learn, in any case. Very well, as you wish. We shall start today." He paused, looking at her closely again. "Are you sure you're all right?"

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: September 10th, 2011, 8:43 pm 
Maia
Maia

Frodo was alarmed when Arabella almost fell over, but Gandalf seemed to think that she was alright. He nodded to what the wizard said and then rested his hand on her shoulder. "Come, Arabella. You must meet Merry, Pippin and Sam." He said to her, seeming excited. He ushered her out of the room carefully and then looked around the corridor happily. "We'll find Amara after you eat." He added and then started heading toward the dining hall, where he knew he would find his Hobbit brothers.

----------------

Megan listened to all that Legolas had said to her and then smiled in reassurance to him. "I promise you that I'm alright." She said to him softly, before slowly standing up in her spot. "Would you accompany me to breakfast?" She asked him softly and then extended a hand to him, to help him up. She knew that he was perfectly capable of getting up on his own, but she didn't care. She just wanted another excuse to touch him in some way.

She really wondered where Allison was and hoped that they would be able to talk before training. She didn't know when their training was even supposed to take place, honestly. She looked over Legolas' face, getting an even bigger smile on her face to let him know that she was thankful for him.

PostPosted: September 10th, 2011, 8:55 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Well, this was certainly an unexpected complication. Allison could only hope that this side effect was because it was, really, the first time she had used magic, and wouldn't be a recurring event. In her story, this had only happened after her healing spells, and never to this extent. But I wasn't a Hobbit in my story, she realized with a start. I was human. Maybe that's why. The dynamics are totally different with Hobbits than with humans--I'm so much smaller now! I hope that's all it is...

Thankfully, the dizziness passed quickly. She nodded to Gandalf and Aragorn as Frodo laid a hand on her shoulder and led her out of the room. She would have curtsied, but the logical side of her brain stopped her. If they were going to all be traveling together, she would have to drop the formalities. It would be too strange otherwise.

She followed Frodo through the halls quietly for a moment before the question she had been dying to ask burst from her lips. "Are you frightened?" she asked. Yes, Aragorn had asked him the same question, but these were entirely different circumstances, and even though Allison already knew in her heart what Frodo's answer would be, she wanted to hear it in his own words.

Maybe, just maybe, hearing someone else admit their fear would help her feel better about her own.

They neared the dining room, where she heard three distinct but unmistakable voices coming through the open door. Allison smiled as Sam's voice reached her ears. "Mr. Frodo!"

--------

"I would be happy to," Legolas replied. He looked at her curiously when she offered a hand to help him up. Proper etiquette dictated that this should be the other way around, that he should be helping her to her feet, but clearly Lady Amara was far from ordinary--and her friend too, he supposed. He took her hand and stood carefully before taking her arm as he had the night previous. "Right this way," he said. "From what I know of Hobbits, chances are you will probably find your friend there as well!"

(I'm off to watch the new Doctor Who episode! Back in an hour or so!)

PostPosted: September 10th, 2011, 9:08 pm 
Maia
Maia

[Haha okay! Have fun!]

Amara noticed the strange look on Legolas' face, as she offered her hand to him. She knew that he wasn't used to a maiden doing something like that, but that's what would make her different than others. She wasn't really an elf. She was a human. From another world; another dimension. She kept the smile on her face and then helped him up, before she took his arm.

Walking with him down the corridor and to the dining hall, she heard what he said about Allison and laughed a bit. "She always did like to eat..." She said softly to him and smirked a bit, before looking ahead; thinking back to how they both pigged out on the chips at her house.

----------------

Frodo heard Arabella's question to him as they walked and it took him a bit by surprise. Even though Aragorn had just asked him the question a day ago, it seemed to hit harder from her. He swallowed hard and looked ahead for a bit, trying to think of the right thing to say. "I'm terrified. I don't know what I'm getting myself into. And now my cousins and Sam are coming... It's not safe." He said softly and took a deep breath, looking back to her with a nervous look on his face.

Hearing Sam's voice as they entered the dining hall, Frodo looked toward him and smiled. "'Ello there, Sam!" He said and saw as they all stopped what they were doing to look at Allison. "Who is that?" Pippin asked and pointed to her, which made Frodo smile a bit more. "This is Arabella. Arabella, this is: Merry, Sam and Pippin." He said as an introduction.

PostPosted: September 10th, 2011, 11:00 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Such a sad episode!! *ahem* Anyway. Back to RP awesomeness!)

Allison nodded, letting out a quiet sigh. He was absolutely right. How was she going to do this? How could she and Megan travel with the Fellowship knowing everything that was going to happen? She knew that Gandalf would fall in Moria. She knew when and where the Fellowship would break...and worst of all, she knew what would happen when they reached the end of their journey, when it came time to destroy the Ring at last. How would this knowledge affect them? How would they go on, knowing everything they did?

Lord Elrond said that it would be an advantage, their vast knowledge of Middle-earth and their new companions. Allison wasn't so sure.

Still, she tried to put on a brave face, reaching for his hand. "No, it isn't safe. But I'll do everything I can to protect you." She caught herself, blushing vividly. "All of you." Idiot! she scolded herself. Act like a fangirl later! Not now!

Allison smirked when Pippin pointed at her--such a classic thing for him to do. She smiled at each in turn as Frodo introduced them. "I'm going to be traveling with you," she explained.

"But...you're a girl," Pippin said. It wasn't accusatory or mean, just matter-of-fact. Allison smirked. "I know. There's actually two of us. My friend Amara's coming along as well."

Just then, a delicious scent reached her nose, and she looked around, realizing just how hungry she was, especially after how the Shield spell had drained her. "Is breakfast ready?" she asked eagerly.

-------------

He laughed lightly at her comment on Arabella. "The two of you seem to know each other quite well," he mused. "It's an unlikely friendship, an Elf and a Hobbit, even if you do come from far away. How long have you been friends?"

They made their way into the dining room, joining the five Hobbits there. Legolas pulled out a chair for Amara and sat next to her, but ate nothing. He had breakfasted long ago, and, in any case, he would soon begin their first archery lesson. It would not do to fill up on food before then, if he wanted to teach her to the best of his ability.

(Think we should skip ahead to the two girls talking and/or the first training session? Up to you!)

PostPosted: September 10th, 2011, 11:09 pm 
Maia
Maia

[Yeah, I was thinking about skipping time. :) Just going to the girls talking alone. And do you think we should change the outcome of the Fellowship a bit? Maybe because the girls are there?]

Megan finished her breakfast and then looked over to Allison, smiling a bit to let her know that she was ready to talk. She slowly stood up in her spot and looked to everyone that she had met previously. "Can you excuse Arabella and I? We need to discuss some things alone." She then looked down to Legolas in all of his perfectness and then smiled a bit more. "Where should I meet you for training?"

---------

Frodo was just about finished with eating, when he heard Amara announce that they both needed to leave for a bit. He nodded to her and smiled a bit, before looking over to Arabella. He definitely had started to acquire a soft spot for her.

PostPosted: September 10th, 2011, 11:26 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Change in what ways? I think things like Gandalf's death and return, and Boromir's death and such, are too central to the plot to really change, but we could tweak some things a bit I guess. For instance, I think I'll have Allison go with Frodo and Sam when the Fellowship breaks)

The food was absolutely delicious, and Allison wasn't sure if it was the excitement or the fact that she was now a Hobbit that propelled her to eat so much. Still, she was quite full when she and Megan slipped away to talk alone, leaving the Fellowship behind. Allison found a nearby room and ushered Megan in, shutting the door behind them and leaning on it. "Oh my God," she breathed. "What are we going to do? Can you believe this?"

-------

Legolas thought for a moment, trying to picture the best place in Imladris for such a training session. "Near the gates," he decided finally. "There's plenty of open space and if needed, we can venture beyond and into the woods. Come find me their when you have finished talking. I'll work with you first, Lady Amara, and Aragorn can work with the Hobbits on sword combat. Oh," he added, pausing as he tried to figure out how to word this delicately. "The two of you will probably want to find something else to wear. It is difficult work, and it might prove more so if you're wearing gowns, lovely as they are." He smiled and watched them leave before taking his leave from the dining room as well, going to prepare himself for the lesson.

PostPosted: September 10th, 2011, 11:47 pm 
Maia
Maia

[Yeah, we can definitely keep those things true to the books and movies. Boromir still dies and the Fellowship still breaks and Gandalf still falls and becomes Gandalf the White. We NEED those things to happen. I'm just saying more along the lines of simple stuff. Like, of course, Legolas and Frodo are going to have feelings for the girls later and they're going to want to protect them more than anyone else. But, not enough to where it changes the course of friendships. I think that Megan and Allison should be separated just like everyone else.]

Megan nodded to what Legolas said, smirking a bit before following Allison out the door and to a new room. She walked inside and waited for Allison to close the door behind him, before freaking out fully. She listened to what Allison said and laughed a bit. "I know... This is so crazy. What are we going to do, Alli? This is so much to take in all at once. And to know that Elrond knew we were coming? What is that?!" She asked, while pacing back and forth in her spot.

She knew that they had to do this journey with the Fellowship. It was their destiny now. You can mess with the Valar and what they have decided. You can't even mess with Gandalf or Elrond... They'll kick our butts. She swallowed hard and ran her fingers through her hair nervously, looking back over to Allison.

----------------

Frodo watched the girls leave and then saw Legolas leave. He took a deep breath and shrugged a bit, knowing that he didn't have any training to attend to. He got up out of his chair and decided that he would invite Pippin, Sam and Merry to go on a walk with him. He wanted to see the rest of the area, before they left it for Lord knows how long.

PostPosted: September 11th, 2011, 12:00 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Ah, I get you! I was thinking along those lines as well. Man, I need sleep! XD)

Allison shook her head. "I think that's the freakiest part of all. I mean, I know Elrond has the gift of foresight, like Arwen and Galadriel said, but the fact that he knew we weren't from here! Do you think he knows where we're actually from? Or that the reason we know so much is that we obsess over a series of books and movies about the very people we were just talking to?!" She started to pace too, avoiding bumping into Megan, wringing her hands in distress. "Okay. Okay. Don't panic. We can handle this. Okay. Well, the good news is that my magic works here, and everyone seems to trust us. The bad news is that we're trapped in a world that we didn't even knew existed outside of our TV screens, a world with no modern medicine, technology, or knowledge of anything we know, that happens to be threatened by a giant eye that wants to cover the world in a second darkness. And we have to learn archery. And swordcraft." She leaned against the wall again, sinking to the floor and burying her head in her hands. "What are we going to do?"

She sighed again before looking back up at Megan, trying to eject a bit of humor into the situation. "On the plus side, I might be wrong, but it seems like your elf-boy is totally into you."

----------

Legolas took his time getting ready, gathering up his bow and quiver and setting up targets. He also selected a bow and quiver for Amara to use, and a smaller one that had probably once belonged to either Elladan or Elrohir when they were young, for Arabella to use. Then, he waited, doing a few practice shots of his own to entertain himself. He wasn't sure just what Amara and Arabella were discussing, but he was confident it would take some time.

---------

(Going to be Pippin and tease Frodo. Because I am bored, and I can. XD)

The Hobbits walked along, taking in all that Rivendell had to offer. Pippin, however, grew bored of the surroundings rather quickly, beautiful though they were. "So, exactly who is this Arabella, hmm, Frodo?" he asked playfully before turning more serious. "And why wasn't she at the Council meeting, if she's going to be going along on our mission...quest..." he cut himself off, realizing the looks everyone else was giving him.

PostPosted: September 11th, 2011, 12:09 am 
Maia
Maia

[Yeah, definitely! I concur. ;D]

Megan took a shaky breath and nodded in agreement to everything that Allison was spilling to her; throwing in a few "uh-huh" and "I know right"'s to add some dialogue. She bit her lower lip and crossed her arms again, paying even more attention when Allison mentioned that Legolas was attracted to her. Her face grew a bright red and she laughed a bit. "No... He doesn't like me. He's just being nice to me. He doesn't realize how badly I want to just kiss him." She said and laughed more, while shaking her head at how stupid she probably sounded.

Then, she smirked widely and looked over Allison's face. "But, uh... I can easily tell that your little Hobbit lover is gonna be alllll over you during this journey." She giggled and leaned back against the wall, keeping her focus on her friend only, even though Legolas was constantly running through her mind. But, Allison was used to that happening.

------------

Frodo rolled his eyes a bit at Pippin playfully and then looked over to him, after he asked both of the questions. "It's a quest, Pip. And apparently, Arabella was sent by Lord Elrond to help us. As was her friend Amara." He said softly and then looked around at the scenery again, loving it just as much as Sam was. He knew that Sam had wanted to go back to The Shire so bad, but Sam was the most loyal friend. And he would leave Frodo's side.

He could feel that Arabella was going to be the same way to him. And he vowed to be that way for both Sam and Arabella.

[Bahahaha that scene with Pippin just made me laugh so hard. Every time I see that part in the movie, I bust up. xD]

PostPosted: September 11th, 2011, 12:26 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

It was good to see her friend smile again. At least she could count that as a win for today. "You never know..." she teased. "Those famous elf-eyes don't lie, you know. By the way, I never thought I'd say this, but I think you got the better end of the deal by getting turned into an elf. This new height thing is going to take forever to get used to."

She blushed and rolled her eyes at Megan's comment. "My 'little Hobbit lover'? Give me a break." Still, she couldn't deny that that was the outcome she eventually wanted--but really, what were the odds?

"Okay, in all seriousness...why do you think we're even here? To quote Pippin in Two Towers, what can we do?" She thought for a moment before adding, "And what about our other friends? Why do you think they never showed up?"

---------

Pippin considered Frodo's words. "I suppose having more people on our side can't hurt," he said. "And she is quite pretty, don't you think?"

Merry chuckled, nudging Sam in the side. "Not as pretty as a certain Rosie Cotton, perhaps, eh Sam?"

(This might be my last post for the night, but if I can't sleep, I shall return!)

PostPosted: September 11th, 2011, 12:32 am 
Maia
Maia

[Alrightie!!!]

Megan laughed a bit to Allison and smiled widely, before shaking her head a bit at the joking around that was going on between the two of them. But, once the seriousness started, Megan toned the smile down a bit. Especially when Allison mentioned their friends. She swallowed hard and then looked over her face. "Maybe they ended up somewhere else..." She said softly and bit her lower lip. She didn't know what had happened to their friends. She had fallen asleep, so she didn't see anything happen until she had awoken in Rivendell.

This was a confusing time for the both of them, indeed.

---------------

Frodo smirked a bit to Pippin and Merry making fun of Sam. They all knew that Sam was madly in love with Rosie, but Frodo tried not to push it too much. Except for when it was Bilbo's birthday. He made sure that Sam danced with Rosie. They had had the time of their lives that night. But, Frodo knew that there were many more times like that in the future. He HOPED there would be.

PostPosted: September 11th, 2011, 12:42 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(XD Okay, apparently I'm a really bad liar. And this RP is TOO addicting. ONE more post, I promise...I think after this, we should start the training session, just to keep things moving.)

"Somewhere else in Middle-earth, or somewhere else...in some other world?" She shuddered, the possibilities too vast and frightening to consider. "I hope they're all right," she whispered.

They sat in silence for a few moments before Allison got up, determination coursing through her. "Well, we won't get any answers just by sitting here, and we certainly won't help the Fellowship that way. Let's go change and do our first lessons. It can't hurt to be prepared, right?" She smirked, heading for the door. "Don't want to keep your elf-boy waiting!" she called over her shoulder.

-------

Legolas looked around the courtyard, wondering when Amara would appear. Aragorn had joined him by now, having finished his conversation with Gandalf and chosen a suitable sword for the Hobbit maiden. "You missed a display of Arabella's magic," Aragorn remarked. "It was impressive, I must say. I can see that Lord Elrond was right about her--I believe we will need her, before the end."

Legolas nodded. "I believe they both will prove their worth very shortly, Estel."

PostPosted: September 11th, 2011, 12:52 am 
Maia
Maia

[I KNOW! I don't ever want to stop writing. But, then... I would die of exhaustion. And that would be no good. Because, I have work tomorrow morning at 11. /: I'm not going to sleep for a while, though. And yes. I agree about moving on to training!]

Megan was in deep thought about her and Allison's friends, but knew that they would be okay. They knew how to stick up for themselves and were not easily swayed. Lord Elrond would've taken care of them and put them in a safe place, just like he had placed them in Rivendell; among safe people.

Hearing what Allison said to her as she left the room, she smirked widely. "Don't forget to change!" She shouted back and headed the opposite direction, down the hall. She was going to wear something that was impress Legolas and she was going to make it look GOOD. Making it to her bedroom, she walked over to the large dresser and pulled out a few things that she knew would be perfect to wear. She took off the clothes that she was wearing, placing it nicely on the end of her bed, and then pulled on some tight pants that were made of a nice cloth. She then pulled on some knee-high brown leather riding boots, before grabbing a brown leather corset-looking shirt to capture some attention. She pulled her long brown hair up into a ponytail and then looked herself over in the mirror. "That should do the trick." She grinned and then left the room.

Hurrying down to the gates of Rivendell, Megan saw Legolas speaking with Aragorn and then smiled to the both of them. "You ready for some training?" She asked and then stopped in front of them, resting her hand on her hip.

[I may skip Frodo for a few posts, unless he stopped in on Arabella for a bit with the others.]

PostPosted: September 11th, 2011, 12:16 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Allison had noticed the wardrobe, but hadn't bothered to explore it. Opening it up, she noticed several more Hobbit-style dresses, something that looked like a Hobbit-sized Elven gown--Definitely saving that for later, she thought with excitement--and, thankfully, several pairs of pants with shirts and suspenders, much like the other Hobbits were wearing. She selected a pair of knee-breeches and a plain linen shirt, rolling up the sleeves to the elbow. She threw her hair into a messy ponytail--she had never been good at fixing hair and usually just wore it straight down her back--and headed to the courtyard and the front gates.

She was the first to arrive, and she nodded a hello at Legolas and Aragorn. Aragorn held a sword out to her, and Allison eyed it warily. "Take it," he said gently. "It's yours."

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of.

She was shocked at how heavy the sword was. It practically hurt her arm just to keep holding onto it. "You'll soon get used to the weight," Aragorn assured her. "I'm going to start by showing you several basic moves, and I'm going to give each one a number. Then I'll call out several numbers, and I want you to perform those moves. When I think you've got them in your memory, we'll work on real combat."

She smiled weakly, nervously. "G-Great."

Just then, Amara entered the courtyard, and Allison stared at her in disbelief. The outfit she had chosen was not like her at all--she wasn't even wearing a shirt beneath the corset. Allison felt ridiculous next to her, though she privately thought her own clothes were more suited for combat training than Megan's. Oh well, to each their own I suppose. She turned and focused once again on Aragorn as he showed her different moves.

-----------

The Hobbit maiden was struggling with the sword, Legolas noticed immediately. She would probably get the hang of it soon, but for now, watchng her endeavor to even lift the hilt was nearly painful. He shook his head, looking up as he saw movement out of the corner of his eye.

It was Lady Amara, though she looked decidedly different. She had heeded his advice, though not in the way that he had expected, and he spent several seconds staring at her ensemble. Then, he averted his eyes, not quite knowing where to look. He managed a smile as she approached, however, trying to recover his composure. There was simply no place to look at her that would not be considered inappropriate, except her face.

"All right," he said, handing her the bow and quiver. "These are for you. We're going to start out small. I just want to see what you can do at first. Notch an arrow into the bow and launch it at the target. You don't have to try to hit it in the center, just try to hit it. This will help me to see just where you need help, and how much work we need to do."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 368 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next