Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently May 20th, 2024, 10:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 368 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: From Fantasy To Reality
PostPosted: September 9th, 2011, 9:17 pm 
Maia
Maia

Megan smiled widely at what Allison said and then winked a bit back. She focused her full attention back on the television. She knew that she would have to wait awhile for her love to show up on the screen. Going through the whole movie, Megan had sprawled out on the couch, falling into a deep sleep.

-------------------

Frodo nodded to what Legolas said, with a small smile and nodded to him. "Thank you, Legolas." He said softly, finishing his food finally. He took a deep breath and then slowly stood up. "I think I'm going to retire for the night. Goodnight, all!" He said softly and then left down the corridor again.

[Did you wanna start the portal thing? Have them get sucked into the same spot?]

Siggy set made by the amazing Lembas!

PostPosted: September 9th, 2011, 9:56 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Sure, I'll start it! And it makes sense for them to go to the same place since they both fall/are in love with members of the Fellowship, and the Fellowship sticks together--at this point anyway. So...to Rivendell! Let me know if I've made a mistake or you had a different idea in mind or something.)

For some reason, Allison found she couldn't keep her eyes open. She supposed her shift at work had drained her energy more than she thought. At one point, she had gotten up to get some caffeine in the form of Mountain Dew from the kitchen, but even that couldn't help her feeling of drowsiness. She would catch herself every time she nodded off, the noises of the movie bringing them back, but around the Council of Elrond scene, she found she couldn't fight the sleep threatening to take over her body. With bleary eyes, she turned to see that Megan was also fast asleep before she herself drifted off.

Sometime while she slept, she felt a chilly wind start to envelop her entire body, and it was almost as if she started falling, but she slept on, hardly paying any attention to the sensation around her. It was only when the faint sound of crickets reached her air and her nose filled with the fresh scent of flowers. She stirred, slightly, opening her eyes to find herself in darkness, Megan's familiar living room gone. She shot up into a sitting position, looking around wildly, unable to figure out where she was. "Megan?!" she whispered.

------

Legolas smiled at the Hobbit as he stood to take his leave. "Good night, Frodo. Sleep well."

Following the meal, Legolas took his leave as well, wandering outside along a different path this time. Pausing to gaze up at the sky again, he froze as he heard a noise nearby--a voice. "Who goes there?" he called, his eyes flashing in the darkness as he tried to spot the intruder.

(Hope this is all right, and if not, I can edit! :) )

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: September 9th, 2011, 10:21 pm 
Maia
Maia

[It was great!!!]

Megan had felt a very similar sensation around her, as she slept. She swayed deeper into her sleep, the more that she felt she was falling. She heard a voice calling her her name, but it was proving difficult for her to open her eyes. She groaned a bit and slowly sat up, rubbing the back of her head. She had a very minor concussion. She looked around slowly and then gasped, getting up quickly and then got dizzy. She then heard a very familiar voice. "Allison?" She whispered to her best friend.

----------------

Frodo walked to his temporary room and then sighed deeply, getting prepared for bed. He undid some of his clothes and folded them nicely on the chair in the corner of his room. He slowly crawled into bed and then cuddled close to his pillow, blowing out the candles.

PostPosted: September 9th, 2011, 10:37 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Now that she had sat up, Allison felt all the blood rush to her head, and she almost collapsed again. She fought the dizziness, though, trying to follow Megan's voice. She brought herself to her knees before standing up carefully, holding onto a nearby tree for support. Something felt funny once she was on her feet, not quite right somehow, but she ignored it as she felt along in the dark, trying to locate Megan.

Her hand brushed against something warm and solid, and she found Megan's hand and squeezed it to let her know she was there. "What happened?" she asked incredulously, half-wondering if this was just another dream. It felt so real, but... "Where are we?"

Something still didn't feel right. The ground seemed so much closer to her than it had before she had fallen asleep, and Megan seemed further away. Had she hit her head or something when she'd fallen the second time?

Allison jumped and whirled around when she heard a new voice, loud and insistent. That voice seemed familiar too, but she couldn't make out the source. It can't be...

--------

The only answer to his cries were more strange whisperings and rustlings in the darkness. Legolas moved silently towards the source of the noise, his elf-eyes quickly spotting the two figures. "Show yourself!" he ordered as he approached them.

PostPosted: September 9th, 2011, 11:48 pm 
Maia
Maia

Megan was freaking out at this point and had no clue where she was. She felt Allison's hand and then squeezed it tightly. "Oh, thank god..." She whispered and then swallowed hard. She heard the demanding voice again, which scared her. "Um... I'm... Amara." She said softly and looked toward where the voice was coming from. "Where are we exactly?" She asked curiously. She wondered how far she was from home. Maybe they both sleptwalk. At the same time...

PostPosted: September 10th, 2011, 12:03 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

It was too dim to make out the face of the person who spoke, and Allison instinctively moved closer to her friend, ready to run if he decided to attack. She noticed again how far away both the stranger's and Megan's voices seemed to be, as if they were coming from above her rather than next to her. What was going on?

She shot Megan a questioning look when she told the stranger that her name was 'Amara', a name Allison recalled vaguely. She wasn't sure why her friend would use an alias, but maybe Megan was on to something--it might not be safe to use their real names, since they had no idea where they were or who they were speaking to. She decided to follow suit, using the first name that came to mind--the name of her character in her Lord of the Rings fanfiction. "Arabella," she said, trying to make her voice sound more confident than she felt. She reached up to brush some strands of hair away from her face, and gasped when her hands came into contact with her right ear.

Her ear, for some reason, felt pointed.

-------

The intruders were both females, Legolas could see now. One was tall and slender, while the other seemed more akin to the size of Frodo and his Hobbit companions. More Halflings? Strange indeed. The taller looks rather like one of my race, though her face is not known to me. Surely Lord Elrond would have said if there were others here? He took another long stride forward, suspicion etched across his face. Despite being female, there was no reason to think that these two trespassers might not be spies on the side of the enemy. It would not do to be too cautious.

The two gave their names as Amara and Arabella, though Legolas paid no heed to them, focusing only on "Amara's" question. "You are in Imladris," he told her in his own tongue, before switching over to the Common Speech for the sake of her small companion. "Rivendell. And here we do not take kindly to strangers that appear in the middle of the night, not in these dark times." He took one more step before taking each of them by the arm, gentle enough not to cause them physical harm but strong enough so that they would not be able to run from him. "Come with me. Both of you." With that, he turned and led them both back inside and into the light.

PostPosted: September 10th, 2011, 12:28 am 
Maia
Maia

Megan swallowed hard again, once she heard what the man said to them and her eyes grew wide. "Rivendell?! How the heck did we get here?!" She exclaimed and looked over to Allison, who she could barely see. She was so taken aback and had no clue what to say. "Ali- I mean... Arabella! Are we dreaming?" She asked, then suddenly thinking about the voice of the man again. "Wait a minute... You sound a lot like..." She started and then stopped, once the light hit the secret man. It was Legolas! She gasped in shock and then took a small step back. "Legolas!" She whispered and then stared at his beautiful face.

PostPosted: September 10th, 2011, 12:47 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Who would have thought, I was so excited to go home for the weekend and sleep in my own bed away from my noisy roommate and the loud girls on my floor...and now I have insomnia? XD Oh well, more time to work out a quick post!)

"Rivendell," Allison breathed, as if making more noise than that would break the spell, would cause them to wake up and go back to their mundane reality. Had they really somehow travelled into the very film they adored so much? Surely it was impossible...right?

She elbowed Megan when she asked if they were dreaming, but for some reason, her arm collided with Megan's leg instead of her side. What was that about? How hard did I hit my head?!

"Just do what he says," she whispered as he dragged them along. "Don't panic. We'll be all right."

Of course, when the light hit them, she realized just how difficult it was going to be to not panic.

Allison had shrunk.

Her five-foot-three frame had condensed itself, and she was now clearly two feet shorter. Her whole world, already unfamiliar, was now twice as difficult to figure out. No way! Amara and their captor seemed to tower over her, and she tried to step away, suddenly frightened, but the man held her fast and wouldn't let her go until they were safely inside and the door firmly shut--locked, too, for all she knew--behind them.

At Megan's gasp, Allison craned her neck to look at their captor. Her blue-green gaze widened at the sight--pale skin, flowing blonde hair, blue eyes narrowed at the two of them in suspicion. It was Megan's elf-boy. Legolas Greenleaf, son of Thranduil, Prince of Mirkwood.

As Megan was only too quick to point out. Allison couldn't help but wince at her friend's outburst, and she shot her a look, only to be shocked at what she saw--pointy ears sticking out from between locks of Megan's hair. Megan's appearance was essentially the same, although more graceful and more beautiful than Allison had ever seen her, and a light seemed to emenate from her entire being.

She's an Elf. And I'm... Allison glanced down, spotting the unmistakable feet in an instant. I'm a freaking Hobbit!

She had to say something. The silence was killing her. "We're sorry for trespassing," she said quietly.

------

Once illuminated, Legolas looked more closely at the two females. He had been right--the taller was of his own kind, and the smaller most decidedly another Hobbit. Both were dark-haired, though the Elven maiden's locks were curly while the Hobbit's ran straight down her back--a stark contrast to the wild curls of Frodo and his kin. The Elf--Amara--had striking emerald eyes, and the small Hobbit's were of an odd hue somewhere between blue and green. He searched their faces for any sign of treachery, but found none. This did not mean that there was none to be found, however. Only time would tell what their intentions were.

His eyebrows raised as the Elven lady spoke his name. "Have we met before, my lady? I admit your face is strange to me. Surely I would have seen you before if you were in the House of Elrond." His tone, though polite, was laced with suspicion. His gaze fell upon the Hobbit, Arabella. "And you? Only a few of your kind have ever entered the halls of Imladris. What brings you here? Why were you sneaking in the night? Are you friend to Lord Elrond, or to Frodo and his companions, perhaps? Or are you spies?"

PostPosted: September 10th, 2011, 1:07 am 
Maia
Maia

[Bahaha xD That's awesome! I'm up for an all-nighter, if you are!!! Haha!]

Megan couldn't break her stare from Legolas and nothing would come out of her mouth, even though it was open. She finally closed her mouth and then bit her lower lip, taking a shaky breath. She listened to what Allison had said and then what Legolas said, as well. She couldn't move her body forward at all, even if she tried. He was so beautiful and she couldn't help it at this point. She wanted to just touch him and braid his awesome hair, that she thought belonged in a Herbal Essence commercial.

She then looked over to Allison, but then gasped at her transformation. She was a Hobbit and ten times smaller than before! She stared at her with wide eyes and looked over her face, before Legolas asked them if they were friends or spies. She then quickly looked back to Legolas and then smiled nervously. "We are no spies, I assure you that. Just... Lost." She said to him softly, with a shaky voice. She was having a hard time containing her joy.

PostPosted: September 10th, 2011, 1:32 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(XD Maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe not an all-nighter, but certainly one or two more posts, at least)

Megan seemed frozen on the spot, and Allison didn't blame her. It was overwhelming, to say the least--they were speaking to a fictional character! All right, maybe not so fictional after all. In addition, the whole concept of being just over three feet tall was slightly dizzying--she was seeing the world through a whole new perspective.

She nodded empathetically along with Megan's words. "Please, I know how suspicious it looks, but you can trust us. We mean you no harm." She tried to smile at the Elf, but she knew she probably failed.

-------

"Lost?" Legolas repeated skeptically. "Imladris is not traditionally a place where one loses oneself, my lady Amara." His eyes flickered for a moment, hearing footsteps behind him. Was it Lord Elrond, or perhaps Mithrandir, or even Aragorn? Surely another pair of eyes would be helpful in proving whether these two were friend or foe, a fresh perspective on the situation. "In any case, I feel I must inform Lord Elrond of your presence here. Perhaps then we may learn just how you two truly did end up in Rivendell, of all places," he continued as the newcomer entered the room.

(I'm leaving it up to you who comes in. It could be Elrond, Frodo, Aragorn...whoever! Also, Allison/Arabella will use magic in my next post, so be ready!)

PostPosted: September 10th, 2011, 1:48 am 
Maia
Maia

[Haha alright, sounds good.]

Megan looked down to her feet, trying to make sense of everything. She didn't know what this night was going to bring and she was actually quite a bit nervous to find out. She took a shaky breath and then wrapped her arms around herself. She had thought that if she ever visited Middle Earth, it would be a pleasant visit; not one filled with this hostility. Listening to what Legolas said to them, she almost felt as if they were being scolded by him. She was starting to lose a bit of her love for him at this point.

Shaking her head, she closed her eyes for a few moments, before hearing the door open. She slowly looked up and saw Lord Elrond walk in with a short friend of his - Frodo Baggins of the Shire. She smiled a little at the sight of him and knew that Allison would freak at the sight of him.

---------------------------------

Lord Elrond slowly walked into the room, knowing that there were two new visitors in Middle Earth. He saw the sight of them; one being an elf and the other being a Hobbit. He smiled a little to them and then nodded his head once, before looking to Legolas. "It's okay, Legolas. They're fine..." He spoke to him, in their native tongue. He rested his hand on Legolas' shoulder and then looked back to the two friends. "Amara and Arabella... We have much to discuss. I know who you are and how you got here. But, that discussion will be carried out once you both get a good night's rest. Legolas, show the women to their rooms." He said to Legolas softly.

----------------------------------

Frodo slowly walked into the room with Lord Elrond and saw Legolas was two females of both their races. He had randomly been awoken by Elrond early and was told to travel with him to that room to meet them. He knew something about them that no one else knew. Taking a deep breath, he looked over the two girls. Both were quite beautiful, but he had his eyes on the Hobbit girl, of course. He smiled shyly to her and then looked up to Lord Elrond and Legolas, waiting to see what they both would talk about.

PostPosted: September 10th, 2011, 2:06 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Eeep, I knew I was having Legolas be too mean! I'm sorry! He'll get better now, I promise!)

Watching Amara, Legolas felt a bit of his resolve break. Her enthusiasm of a few moments before had gone, replaced by what almost looked like fear. Perhaps he was being too harsh. If their story was true, then his behavior was inexcusable--for anyone, but a prince should know better. His tone softened as he looked at the two in front of him. "Surely you must understand," he began, finding it easier to look directly at Amara than try to include both of them in his eyeline, though his words were meant for Arabella's ears as well. "One cannot be too careful. In these times it can be difficult to know who to trust. But if indeed your words are true, than I offer my--"

His words were cut off by the appearance of Lord Elrond, Frodo by his side. Legolas nodded at Elrond and listened to his words, his eyes widening. So they had been telling the truth all along. How heartless they must think him now!

He turned to them once again, once Elrond fell silent. "My most sincere apologies, Lady Amara, Lady Arabella. I was wrong to suspect you. I hope you can find it in your hearts to forgive me." He glanced down at Frodo, noting how the Hobbit's eyes were fixed on Arabella, and smiled slightly. "If you will follow me, I would be happy to escort you to your rooms. And, again, I apologize most sincerely." He caught Lady Amara's eye, and smiled--a smile this time meant only for her.

---------

And they call Gandalf grouchy? Allison mused. I thought Elves were supposed to be so calm. Then again, Legolas does get pretty mad in Two Towers when that orc tells them that Aragorn fell...hmmm. I can't say I blame the poor guy, though. I would be suspicious, too, if an Elf and a Hobbit magically wound up in what's basically like a retreat for Elves, right after a secret Council meeting. At least, Allison thought the Council of Elrond had already commenced, since it was during that scene in the film that they had both fallen asleep.

Elrond entered just then, offering up a smile. Never thought I'd see him do that! Then, though, she noticed who walked beside him, and she couldn't help but let out a tiny squeak as Frodo Baggins strode into view, his crystalline blue eyes looking tired but curious. He smiled at her, and she felt her heart skip a beat. She returned it, her face growing hot--she was probably blushing like a fool by now.

She couldn't help but notice that Legolas' attention appeared to be focused solely on Megan right now (though, she supposed, she should probably start thinking of her as Amara, shouldn't she?). She didn't mind. She was too busy focusing on Elrond's words, and the fact that Frodo Baggins was standing a mere three feet in front of her. He knows why we're here? Good, because we sure don't. she thought, her sarcasm coming through into her thoughts.

She turned to Frodo, smiling at him again, wanting to take advantage of what time she had before Legolas led them to their rooms. What if this was her only chance to talk to him--what if going to sleep in Imladris would send them back to their boring old lives? She had to take the opportunity now, in case she never got another chance to.

"Hello," she said quietly. "I'm Arabella--but you may call me Ari if you like. I don't mind."

(Okay, so I lied about the magic thing, apparently. Stay tuned, it's coming! XD)

PostPosted: September 10th, 2011, 2:21 am 
Maia
Maia

Megan was starting to feel a bit more calm about how Legolas had been acting, once Lord Elrond came into the picture. The crazy thing? She completely understood what they were saying, when they were speaking Elvish. She slowly looked over to Legolas again and then smiled a little to him. "It's okay, Legolas..." She said to him softly and then nodded a bit. She looked over his face, seeing the smile that she felt was specifically for her; making her heart skip a beat. She smiled even more to him and then looked down to her feet, blushing a bit.

----------------------

Frodo looked up to Arabella again, once he heard her voice directed to him. "Hello there, Arabella. I'm Frodo Baggins. But... You can call me Frodo." He said a bit jokingly and then smiled again, shoving his hands in his pant pockets a bit nervously. She was definitely a pretty lass. He hadn't seen anyone like her before; she was definitely unique.

----------------------

Lord Elrond slowly bowed a bit to Arabella and Amara and then slowly headed towards the door. "I will see you both in the morning." He said to them softly, but could tell that they were both in their own worlds. He smiled a little more, almost making it a small grin. "Frodo... Why don't you take Arabella to her sleeping quarters? And Legolas to Amara's?" He asked and then left the room, as soon as he was done speaking.

PostPosted: September 10th, 2011, 2:34 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(This might be my last post for the night...or it might not. We shall see! In any case, I'm loving this RP!)

Legolas visibly relaxed as both females seemed to accept his apology. In any case, Arabella was now focused solely on Frodo, for which Legolas was grateful. He had seen a fire of some sort spark up in the Hobbit's eyes, and if he had continued to suspect them, he was almost certain that she would have not have been able to keep her temper. A sharp tongue that one has, I would venture a guess.

Elrond took his leave, promising answers in the morning without another word. Legolas noticed Lady Amara blushing a bit, and he wondered what he had said to embarrass her. Trying not to dwell on it, he offered her his arm for her to take while he escorted her. "Shall we?" he asked. "You are no doubt fatigued after such excitement. In the morning, I'm sure, all will become clear to all of us."

-------

Allison beamed at Frodo. "It's very nice to meet you," she said. She blushed a bit more when Lord Elrond suggested that Frodo take her to her room, but she wasn't sure whether Frodo noticed. What was Elrond trying to do, play matchmaker? This whole ordeal was making less and less sense by the minute.

She watched Legolas and Megan interact for a moment, smirking slightly. She was sure that once they'd both been sent to bed, Megan would come find her and they'd share a mutual freak-out moment. In fact, Allison was shocked that they'd managed to keep this calm.

She ran a hand through her hair again and was surprised to find that a necklace now hung around her neck. She knew without looking at it what it was--the same necklace the character Arabella had worn in the fanfic she had written. If this is a dream, it's a freakishly detailed one. She played with the necklace a bit, turning to Frodo as Legolas and Megan left the room. "I'm usually not this quiet," she admitted with a laugh. "I really must be tired, just like Legolas said. Usually, you can't get me to stop talking!"

PostPosted: September 10th, 2011, 2:43 am 
Maia
Maia

[I'm loving it too! It's so much fun and it's making me not want to sleep!]

Megan slowly looked back up to Legolas, once he offered his arm to her for escorting. She smiled more to him and then nodded, wrapping one of her arms around his; linking them. She mentally squealed like a fangirl, at how close she was to him. She could feel the fabric of his clothing and feel the warmth of his touch. It was an intoxicating feeling and she couldn't get enough of it. She slowly walked out of the room with Legolas and slowly walked with him down the corridor toward her temporary bedroom. "So... I'm sorry, if I acted afraid earlier. I just am so confused..." She said to him softly.

-----------------

Frodo looked back and raised an eyebrow to what Lord Elrond said and then watched him leave the room. He looked back to Arabella and then laughed a bit to what she said. "I know the feeling. Merry and Pippin talk alllll the time. Quite an earful, if you ask me." He said with a small smirk, before offering his arm to Arabella. "Shall we?" He asked softly and waited for her to take it.

He really wanted answers on both of the girls as soon as possible, but he had to wait until the next morning.

PostPosted: September 10th, 2011, 2:54 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(I hope I'm not keeping you up with my insomnia! I figure it doesn't really matter since tomorrow--today, really!--is Saturday. I'll sleep eventually.)

"You have nothing to apologize for," Legolas told her sincerely as they walked. She stayed rather close to him, but he found he didn't mind. "You did nothing. It was I that spoke restlessly and acted a fool. I am truly sorry, my lady. I think perhaps we should forget about that and start afresh, don't you?" He certainly didn't need to be reminded of how terribly he'd acted.

"Here we are, Lady Amara," he said once they'd reached the threshold of the door, opening it for her. "Sleep well," he told her in their own tongue. "I shall see you tomorrow." He realized with a start that he was looking forward to it already--not only learning whatever truths Lord Elrond had to tell about Amara and her companion, but seeing Amara as well. He found that he wished to get to know her better.

--------

She took Frodo's arm, feeling her heart skip another beat. If this keeps up, I'll be dead by morning. Seriously, the two of them were acting like such closeted fangirls it was nearly embarrassing--but really, who could blame them? What would anyone else have done in their place?

She could practically feel the unspoken questions Frodo had for her, and she wanted nothing more than to give him answers, but how could she, when she didn't even know any herself?

They reached what she could only assume was meant to be her bedroom, and she turned to Frodo with an apologetic smile. "I wish I could tell you more, Frodo," she said quietly. "I know you want to know why I'm here. But Lord Elrond is right...it's best if we wait til morning." She paused, looking at him. "It was very nice to meet you. Good night."

Please, she thought once he had left and she had shut the door behind him. Please don't let this be another dream. Don't let us wake up tomorrow and be back the same lives we've always led. Please, just once...let this be real.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 368 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next