Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 3:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Return of the Rings 2011: The Freaky AU Fellowship
PostPosted: September 17th, 2011, 4:01 pm 
Elf
Elf

Harthad stepped onto the yellow school bus that was taking her home from school that day. She didn't have that much homework, but she would like to get it over with once she got home. Sitting down, setting down her backpack and taking out her iPod, she scrolled through the albums and selected one. Perfect. Teenage Rebel by Chameleon Circuit. Her thoughts turned to her site and A-U. She would have to post there after she got her homework done. And eat dinner, of course. And. . .well, there were a lot of things she had to do that day. homework, dinner, play practice and. . .she got distracted as she looked out the window. A curious little bird was flying next to the bus, chirping and tweeting. It was red, but a brighter red than a robin should have been.

And wait a minute. . .those trees weren't the ones on her road. Glancing around wildly, Harthad wondered if she had missed her stop and was now in a different part of her town. But no! The colours were more vibrant, and as she watched, the bus seemed to peel away like a cracked painting, and reveal something more astonishing. Tall, leafy trees, a giant waterfall and a mountain looming over her. Dainty white buildings dotted the wide expanse here and there, and the whole place rang with the sound of laughter and water.

Rivendell?! No. . .it couldn't be.

But as Harthad looked around, she became more and more sure that she was really in Rivendell, the Last Homely House, Home of the Elves, Imladris! How did this happen? Did it have to do with the doodles she drew in History class? Or was something even more strange going on? Whatever it was, she decided to explore while she could. It was just a shame that her backpack had come with her; now she would have to lug 5 textbooks across this wonderful place. Yanking her earbuds out, she started the long trek towards the main building, wherever that was.

Admiring the strange and fantastical beauty of it all at least took her mind off the weight of her backpack. Walking up the giant hill everyday to get to her bus stop had been better than this, with all the rocks and tree roots and vines. At least the hill had been made of pavement. And she had a feeling that she wouldn't see pavement for a long time. Inserting her earbuds into her ears again, she unlocked her iPod and started listening to another Chameleon Circuit song. Maybe she would have been listening to the LotR soundtrack, but hey! She was in a Trock mood. But Harthad knew she couldn't sing, otherwise everyone would be scared away before she even had a chance to see anyone.

Listening to her music distracted her so much that she didn't look where she was going and promptly ran into an elf.

Oops. . .

Click here to visit my site!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 21st, 2011, 3:33 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Her heart pounded in her chest. There was a rushing in her ears. It was only by pure will alone that her hands weren't shaking. Buck fever. She had felt it before. That rush of adrenaline you get seconds before you pull a trigger on a living thing. Or in her case, release an arrow.

Eruraina completely blended in to the forest around her. Flame colored hair was stuffed under a camo hat, her body covered from head to toe in cloths that resembled trees. Wearing these baggy cloths, with her hair up in a hat, she looked more like a guy then a girl. Didn't bother her. She did more guy things then girl things, anyway.

Eruraina was standing completely still, as she saw the great deer in front of her. She slowly brought up her compound bow, and arrow already in place, and pulled back. She aimed the arrow right at the deer's heart and...

One thing should be known, Eruraina was standing just on the edge of a ravine, shooting uphill. Just at the moment she was about to release the arrow, the ground gave way. She started rolling down the slope, the arrow flying in some random direction. Finally she landed on hard ground with a thud.

Eruraina groaned and moved so that she was sitting up, her bow still in her hands. That hurt. Bad.

"Is this yours?" a voice asked her in an almost english accent.
"Huh?" Eruraina looked up to see a young girl wearing a dress that almost seemed to be made of rage. She was holding out the arrow with it's red and white fletching and neon green notch.
"Yeah..." she went to take it back, then paused. Something wasn't right. And it wasn't that her had had come off in the tumble and her hair had fallen down around her shoulders. It was that she was no longer in a forest.

A town, with people all staring right at her. A few were in armor and green cloaks and were holding swords. A further inspection she saw a great hall on top of the hill that the town was built on. Eruraina recognized it right away. There was only one place she could be now. With excitement she jumped up, causing the little girl to jump back.

"I can't believe it! I'm in Rohan! Oh man oh man oh man! This is AWESOME! But wait, this can't be true. I mean... Middle-Earth isn't real. I must have hit my head in the fall, and now I'm in a coma dreaming all this... But I don't care, this is just too cool!" she cried out...

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: September 29th, 2011, 11:46 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Anyone mind if I hop into this? I'd like to start in Hobbiton. :)

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2011, 10:15 am 

[unstickying - feel free to keep posting though]

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

PostPosted: November 13th, 2011, 4:01 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

(Oh, sorry, haven't been on for a long time... doesn't seem to be much activity in this thread... Well, I'm writing anyway ^^ )

Andúril frose when she heard the mans words. She just stood still and stared at him with wide eyes through the window.
"Excuse me", he said, as impatient as before. "Can I help you?"
Andúril woke up from the shock.
"I'm sorry", she said. "Where did you say I was?"
"Bree town", he said. "Bree-land, Eriador, Middle Earth."
"Oh god I must be dreaming...", Andúril mumbled quietly.
"What?"
"Oh, nothing."
Andúril tried to think of something to say, but her mind was blank.
"I'm on my way to The Prancing Pony", she said at last.
"Well why didn't you say so to begin with?" the man muttered and opened the gate.
Andúril stepped through and saw the town before her. It was Bree, alright. But how did she end up here? She must be dreaming. She did fall and probably hit her head after all.
But well, no matter how she got there, she could still use the time to enjoy herself.

She started to walk along the way. The people in the town looked at her when she passed by, and she felt that she probably didn't melt in very good.
After just a little while she saw the sign of The Prancing Pony. She felt both lucky and terrified when she walked through the door and entered the inn.

The crownless again shall be king. ~