Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 1:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Love Is a Battlefield RPG
PostPosted: September 7th, 2011, 4:50 am 
Maia
Maia

"We are young. Heartache to heartache we stand. No promises, no demands. Love is a battlefield. We are strong; no one can tell us we're wrong. Searchin' our hearts for so long. Both of us knowing love is a battlefield."

- Pat Benatar.

---------------------

Have you ever experienced the feeling of loving someone so much that you would do anything for them; Even die for them? But, what if you couldn't tell them how you really felt? But, you could show them. Imagine yourself as your race of choice in Middle-Earth. You and your secret romance (and when I mean secret, I mean that the romance is only in your head) spend a lot of time together; getting to know each other as each day passes. But, their lives suddenly are in grave danger. YOU'RE IN LOVE WITH ONE WHO IS IN THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING!

We're gonna say, for this certain RPG, that all of the love interests that had previously been in Tolkien's work is thrown out the door. Just for this. So then... YOU get a chance at love with your favorite LotR character. But, the question is, are you willing to sacrifice yourself to save them? Or will you never tell them how you feel?

----------------------

Rules:

1. No Mary-Sues!
2. No God-Moding!
3. Include as many people as you possibly can!
4. Try your hardest to have your posts work out, so it keeps the story flowing!
5. Original characters are allowed and strongly encouraged!
6. Canon character must be filled first!
7. Maximum amount of characters per roleplayer: Three!

And last but not least...

8. HAVE FUN!

-----------------------

Character Sheet:

Name:
Race:
Appearance:
Personality:
LotR Character You Choose To Love:
Weapons:
History:
Other info:

----------------------

The Lucky Bachelors/Bachelorettes:

Aragorn - [CLOSED] (Played by Amara)
Legolas - [CLOSED] (Played by Arabella Baggins)
Gimli - [CLOSED] (Played by Laesneniel)
Boromir - [CLOSED] (Played temporarily by Rhavaniel)
Faramir - [CLOSED] (Played by Laesneniel)
Frodo - [CLOSED] (Played by Amara)
Sam - [CLOSED] (Played by Arabella Baggins)
Merry - [OPEN]
Pippin - [OPEN]
Gandalf - [OPEN]
Arwen - [OPEN]
Galadriel - [OPEN]
Celeborn - [OPEN]
Haldir - [CLOSED] (Played temporarily by Rhavaniel)
Eomer - [OPEN]
Eowyn - [OPEN]

----------------------------

REMEMBER! ...

Once you pick a character to pursue and fall in love with, you're the only one that can have him! Of course, if you want to discuss with the person that first chose the character that YOU want that there should be some girl drama... Then, by all means! I would love some drama. It would be entertaining. ;)

---------------------------

Original Characters:

Amara

Name: Amara Thandiel

Race: Half-Elf (So she thinks.)

Appearance: As most typical she-elves, Amara is quite beautiful. Her hair is a gorgeous blond; reaching all the way down to her lower back and naturally straight. Her eyes hold an ocean blue hue in them and are the windows to her soul. Her skin is pale in comparison to a human's tanned skin and her ears are pointed at the tip, which is typical for elves.

Personality: Amara is a very free spirit; loving everything about nature and all that it possesses. She can be quite bubbly, but if there is work to be done and business to attend to, she'll make sure that the task at hand is completed in no time at all. She knows when to be serious.

LotR Character You Choose To Love: Legolas Greenleaf.

Weapons: Amara has a beautiful hand-made bow that accompanies custom arrows inside of a leather quiver. Her arrows are known to always have the feathers of a red color. She also carries a sword on her side and a dagger on a holder that is placed on her upper thigh.

History: Amara is secretly the princess of her land, but she doesn't know anything about it. Her father put her in hiding due to a family secret that he was scared someone would find out. He didn't want anything to happen to her, so he had one of his servants become her ranger "father". She thinks that her mother died a long time ago. She has no clue about anything. But, she has a really elaborate necklace that she had since she was young, but her "father" told her to keep it hidden underneath her clothes for as long as she could. She could never understand why, but he told her that someday she would understand and find out the reason why.

Other info: She's very skilled in combat and archery, due to her "father's" training. She loves nature and can even speak to it. That's part of her powers. She's on a journey to figure out who she is destined to become, because she hasn't the slightest clue.

Rhavaniel

Name: Rhavaniel Falathiel

Race: Elf

Appearance: Short for an elf, but with bright green eyes and pale skin. Her hair is long, unyielding and black. She wears mostly dark colours and only her mother's ring around her neck for jewlery.
Personality: Since the betrayal of her husband deeply wounded her pride, she became more easy to anger than perhaps an elf should be. Is very loyal and places herself last in most situations.

Weapons: A treasured black longbow with gold markings and long arrows fletched with owl feathers. Carries knives and an old longsword.

History: Kept quiet. It is known that she was a highly respected warrior and fought for Lindon in the Battle of Fornost and Greenwood during the Siege of Baradûr. Was a close friend to Thranduil and his family, but disappeared after the disgrace of her husband following his imprisonment, torture, and subsequent treachery during the Last Alliance. The information he gave led to the storming of King Oropher's camp and his subsequent death. Locien was released from his prison, but never returned to his family or Mirkwood again. Her twin brother spent some time looking for her, but eventually gave her up for dead or fading.

Other info: Spent long years as Mirkwood's marchwarden and then as a well respected and successful field marshal. Is known to the population of Dale as she and her twin brother Sadron the White carried on her mother's trade practices after her death.

Arabella

Name: Arabella (Ari) Granger

Race: Hobbit

Appearance: Dark brown hair that reaches her shoulder blades, wide blue-green eyes. She stands at 3'3" and dresses in men's clothing while traveling. At all times, she wears a crystalline necklace in the shape of a teardrop, that has belonged in her family for ages.

Weapons: A simple sword, though she has not much skill with a blade--but her skill with a bow is worse.

Personality: Extremely stubborn and fiercely loyal. She is curious by nature and enjoys singing in any situation. Believes herself to be not nearly as courageous as the others, but can prove her worth in battle when the situation calls for it. She is extremely talkative, which can be the cause of headaches for those around her, as she tends to speak before she thinks.

LotR Character you Choose to Love: Frodo Baggins

History: Ari was born somewhere near the village of Bree, but remembers very little of her time there. She was the second of four daughters, but her family perished in a fire when she was seven years old. After this, she became a wanderer, trying her best just to stay alive and travelling from place to place.

Other: As stated before, she is a sorceress, and her main talents are shield spells and healing, though the latter drains her energy as she uses it.

Shadowcat

Name: Helmwyn

Race: Human

Home country: The Westfold of Rohan

Appearance: Golden hair, gray-green eyes. Average build. Wears the uniform and armor of the Rohirrim.

Personality: Always willing to help others, but not at the cost of her own well-being or of those she is closest to. Has a sense of humor and believes it is important not to be too serious, but she is not oblivious or insensitive when times are dark.

Weapons: A spear, for riding, and a basic but sturdy sword

History: After her mother was killed by wild men, Helmwyn convinced her father she would be safer if she travelled with hook and his company of Rohirrim. Once there, she was further able to convince him it was necessary for her to train in sword-fighting with the men, so she would not be a burden. Ignoring the comments from the men, she eventually became a Rider if Rohan in her own right, earning respect through her ability to fight.

Other: A descendant of Helm Hammerhand, although the family relation has lessened over the years.

Laesneniel

Name: Ellewyn

Appearance: Auburn hair, grey eyes, is very tall and slender.

Personality: Quiet, she prefers to observe others before speaking her wisdom aloud. She can be extremely fierce in battle, especially if she has had her anger roused.

LotR Character You Choose To Love: Eomer son of Eomund

Weapons: Sword, bow, and shield

History: Ellewyn is the only child of Elden--a warrior of Rohan--and Theowine--a gentlewoman. Her father died in the battle at the Fords of Isen with Theodred, the king's son. After his death, her mmother became a bitter woman, power-hungry and arrogant. Ellewyn is a shieldmaiden, but also trained in the ways of the court which is where she met Eomer.

Other info: She has a horse named Eorl after the great king of old. He is a huge black stallion--one of the very few retained from the orc raids on the plains of Rohan. She raised him from a colt and he is a battle-trained steed.

Siggy set made by the amazing Lembas!

Last edited by Amara on October 4th, 2011, 12:00 am, edited 13 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Love Is a Battlefield RPG
PostPosted: September 7th, 2011, 10:12 pm 
Maia
Maia

BUMPITY BUMP. :)

PostPosted: September 8th, 2011, 8:20 am 
Maia
Maia

Amara! :jump:

I was going to lay claim to Legolas, but I can see I shall have to fight you for him ;) I'll have to have a terribly love sick Boromir mooning after Rhan then :P

Name: Rhavaniel Falathiel
Race: Elf
Appearance: Short for an elf, but with bright green eyes and pale skin. Her hair is long, unyielding and black. She wears mostly dark colours and only her mother's ring around her neck for jewlery.
Personality: Since the betrayal of her husband deeply wounded her pride, she became more easy to anger than perhaps an elf should be. Is very loyal and places herself last in most situations.
Weapons: A treasured black longbow with gold markings and long arrows fletched with owl feathers. Carries knives and an old longsword.
History: Kept quiet. It is known that she was a highly respected warrior and fought for Lindon in the Battle of Fornost and Greenwood during the Siege of Baradûr. Was a close friend to Thranduil and his family, but disappeared after the disgrace of her husband following his imprisonment, torture, and subsequent treachery during the Last Alliance. The information he gave led to the storming of King Oropher's camp and his subsequent death. Locien was released from his prison, but never returned to his family or Mirkwood again. Her twin brother spent some time looking for her, but eventually gave her up for dead or fading.
Other info: Spent long years as Mirkwood's marchwarden and then as a well respected and successful field marshal. Is known to the population of Dale as she and her twin brother Sadron the White carried on her mother's trade practices after her death.

. O r b i s N o n S u f f i c i t .

PostPosted: September 8th, 2011, 1:53 pm 
Maia
Maia

Haha oh Rhav! I would love to fight you for Legolas! ;) I'll put you on right now!

PostPosted: September 8th, 2011, 3:43 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Joining because, well, why not? XD

Name: Arabella (Ari) Granger
Appearance: Dark brown hair that reaches her shoulder blades, wide blue-green eyes. She stands at 5'3" and dresses in men's clothing while traveling. At all times, she wears a crystalline necklace in the shape of a teardrop, that has belonged in her family for ages.
Weapons: A simple sword, though she has not much skill with a blade--but her skill with a bow is worse.
Personality: Extremely stubborn and fiercely loyal. She is curious by nature and enjoys singing in any situation. Believes herself to be not nearly as courageous as the others, but can prove her worth in battle when the situation calls for it. She is extremely talkative, which can be the cause of headaches for those around her, as she tends to speak before she thinks.
LotR Character you Choose to Love: Frodo Baggins
History: Ari was born in Rohan, but remembers very little of her time there. She was the second of four daughters, but her family perished in a fire when she was seven years old. After this, she became a wanderer, trying her best just to stay alive and travelling from place to place.
Other: As stated before, she is a sorceress, and her main talents are shield spells and healing, though the latter drains her energy as she uses it.

(My history for Ari might change as the RP goes on and I get the hang of things more.)

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: September 8th, 2011, 5:32 pm 
Maia
Maia

Awesome, Arabella! I'm excited that you're joining!

PostPosted: September 11th, 2011, 10:42 am 
Maia
Maia

Should I *bump* ? ;)

. O r b i s N o n S u f f i c i t .

PostPosted: September 11th, 2011, 1:03 pm 
Maia
Maia

Haha indeed, you should! :D Or we can just start and let people jump in.

PostPosted: September 11th, 2011, 8:52 pm 

Oh what the heck, I'll join, why not. :P I'll claim Faramir. "Shadowcat" isn't a very Middle-Earthy name though, so can I use one of my RP characters instead? :)

PostPosted: September 11th, 2011, 8:59 pm 
Maia
Maia

Of course you can, Shadowcat! And I would LOVE if you joined. The more, the merrier. :D

PostPosted: September 11th, 2011, 9:03 pm 

Brilliante. :P Here's my character then, although admittedly she needs a spot of work to get the Sue-ish qualities out of her. xD

Name: Helmwyn
Home country: The Westfold of Rohan
Appearance: Golden hair, gray-green eyes. Average build. Wears the uniform and armor of the Rohirrim.
Personality: Always willing to help others, but not at the cost of her own well-being or of those she is closest to. Has a sense of humor and believes it is important not to be too serious, but she is not oblivious or insensitive when times are dark.
Weapons: A spear, for riding, and a basic but sturdy sword
History: After her mother was killed by wild men, Helmwyn convinced her father she would be safer if she travelled with hook and his company of Rohirrim. Once there, she was further able to convince him it was necessary for her to train in sword-fighting with the men, so she would not be a burden. Ignoring the comments from the men, she eventually became a Rider if Rohan in her own right, earning respect through her ability to fight.
Other: A descendant of Helm Hammerhand, although the family relation has lessened over the years.

PostPosted: September 11th, 2011, 9:05 pm 
Maia
Maia

Sounds awesome to me, Shadowcat!

Also, guys... I just noticed that we have no idea who is playing what canon characters. Haha! We know which girls want the guys... But, we have no one to actually PLAY the guys. :D

HELP!

PostPosted: September 12th, 2011, 2:24 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Ooooooooh! I love this idea! Count me in!
:grr: Shadowcat, you stole my man! :lol: :hug: *sigh* I guess I'll just have to choose Eomer then--he is very cool, but he just can't compare with Faramir. *Neniel stares dreamily at her poster on her bedroom wall.*

Name: Ellewyn
Appearance: Auburn hair, grey eyes, is very tall and slender.
Personality: Quiet, she prefers to observe others before speaking her wisdom aloud. She can be extremely fierce in battle, especially if she has had her anger roused.
LotR Character You Choose To Love: Eomer son of Eomund
Weapons: Sword, bow, and shield
History: Ellewyn is the only child of Elden--a warrior of Rohan--and Theowine--a gentlewoman. Her father died in the battle at the Fords of Isen with Theodred, the king's son. After his death, her mmother became a bitter woman, power-hungry and arrogant. Ellewyn is a shieldmaiden, but also trained in the ways of the court which is where she met Eomer.
Other info: She has a horse named Eorl after the great king of old. He is a huge black stallion--one of the very few retained from the orc raids on the plains of Rohan. She raised him from a colt and he is a battle-trained steed.

(Just a thought, if you need male cannon characters to be played as well, we could just pick one out to play--as long as the charry isn't our love. IDK if that would work, but it is an idea.)

PostPosted: September 12th, 2011, 2:37 am 
Maia
Maia

So glad that you could join us Laesneniel! I'm gonna put you into the rpg right now. :)

Also, I agree on being some of the canon characters. It'll work!

PostPosted: September 12th, 2011, 11:27 am 

:p Well, Arabella stole one of my men, so I had to act fast before they all got taken. :D

I agree that we pick canons to play. :yes: Don't know who I'd want though. :teehee:

PostPosted: September 12th, 2011, 11:52 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

:laughbounce: Thank you, Amara! Thanks everybody for ignoring my misspellings too; I posted it at 2:00 am! :lol: I am blank as to who I want to play canon-wise. I must ponder some more.... :viking: