Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The Siege of Rohan
PostPosted: January 4th, 2012, 9:25 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(Sorry for such a late reply! I hope we can continue this!
@Laes: I'm sorry to hear that. I completely understand.
@Naerwen: Sure, go ahead and make a bio and jump right in! We're still open to people joining!)

Gain nodded to his fellow Dunadain as he nocked an arrow into his longbow, running his fingers over the fletching and catching them on the bowstring. He felt the war horse, given to him by a Rohirric breeder who was thankful for the help in this siege, surge under him as the pace quickened with the tenseness of the men. In one smooth movement, he drew his bow and shot. The arrow went flying through the air, and landed somewhere amidst the enemy, which was drawing closer. The elven and Dunadain arrows shot from their bows were making it to the enemy. The the Rohirric shortbows, and the enemy bows, were not yet in range of their targets.

Gain nocked another arrow to his bow without hesitation. Soon they would be in the enemy's bow range. That would be when time to worry would be upon them. For it would be only a few lengths after that, that the two armies would clash.

Eonera felt her heart thumping in her chest, as if her armor was all that kept it from coming out. She felt like it was louder then that of the sound of thundering hooves around her. From somewhere behind her arrows were let off, she even heard a female voice call out in elvish. It was a strange language to her ears, but the tone of voice gave the meaning well enough. Eonera mustered her strength and stood in her saddle, raising her spear up.
"Forth Eorlingas!" she cried as loudly as she could, and the Rohirrim around her joined in her cry, several pulling out battle horns that they blew. It wouldn't be long now before the armies met...

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: January 10th, 2012, 10:40 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Thanks guys!

Name: Naerwen Dorthonion
Race: Elf
Home Country/town: Mirkwood
Appearance: Naerwen is average height for an elf, with a curvy figure. Her light brown hair, which falls down to her waist is generally tied back into a braid in her new line of work. Her eyes are a vivid green. Her clothing is light weight, natural in colour and fitting to her figure. Around her neck is a silver necklace with an amethyst stone. On her fourth finger on her left hand is a plain white gold band that belonged to her mother.
Weapons: Naerwen is trained in archery, but prefers to work with her twin long blades. You can always find a dagger in her boot for extra protection.
Personality: Naerwen has a highly protective and ambitious nature and is very loyal. At first she keeps others a distance, but soon they see her true warm-hearted nature. She is a very gentle and kind spirit. However she is not one to be challenged, she has a terrible temper for her kind.
History: Naerwen was left as an orphan at the age of five when her parents were killed in a horrific accident. Naerwen fell into the care of a distant aunt, who never really had time for children. Naerwen had to grow up rather quickly. As soon as she could, she left her aunts home and never returned. She began ascending the ranks of the court and when her hunger for politics was satisfied she transferred to the army and has continued to progress through the ranks.

Naerwen stared ahead at the horizon; at the advancing blackness. Her black war horse, Arno, trembled beneath her. He had not seen much of battle and did not desire to see more. Naerwen forced him onwards. "Courage," she whispered quietly as she knocked another arrow into place on her bow. Her heart hammered in time with the thunder of horse hooves. The arrow shot out of her bow and landed with precision amongst her enemies.

Her eyes moved to look along the line of her friends. They wore masks of courage upon their faces, watching as their own arrows landed amongst the enemies. Naerwen looked ahead again, shaking away the fear that threatened to creap into her bones. She found comfort in knocking another arrow onto her bow and firing with certainty. Naerwen listened as her companions spoke words of encouragement to one another. Naerwen did not allow these words to comfort her, she was sure they were facing certain death. Her breathing came quicker as anticipation took hold of her. No, death was only an option for their enemy. The army was strong willed and strong armed. There was hope yet.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 11th, 2012, 11:48 am 

Helmwyn could feel the anger building inside of her as the company rode forward. There was a touch of fear that she couldn't quite eliminate, and a sense of exhilaration, but as she looked out at the monsters that had burned her homeland and killed her people, she found a strong sense of determination. She gripped her spear tightly, listening to the thundering of the horses' hooves and the shouts of the people around her. It had been a long and difficult flight to get to this point, with the orcs pursuing her and her companions night and day, but it was finally time to face them and fight.

Merefara rode beside her, face grim and determined. He was glad to see so many races riding to Rohan's aid--with hope, it would turn fortune in their favour. They certainly needed all the help they could get. There wasn't much time to reflect on it, though Merefara still was encouraged.

PostPosted: January 19th, 2012, 1:00 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Location: The Tardis, which is currently parked in Rivendell.

((you are a very busy person, Eruraina. No wonder you have no time to work on your story that you emailed me. btw, can i still join?))

Married the Tenth Doctor 2/26/12

PostPosted: January 19th, 2012, 6:23 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(Well... I kinda started rewriting it, Ness. And of course you can still join in!)

PostPosted: January 19th, 2012, 11:17 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Youre rewriting already????? You havent even finished it yet! and thanks. here are my characters:

Name: Raunien
Race: Half-Elf
Age: whatever the Half-Elf equiviant of about fourteen is....
Home Country/town: Somewhere to the north...His father was from Mirkwood.
Appearance: Dark blond hair, grey eyes, about 6' tall.
Weapons: throwing knife, another throwing knife, a dirk. Can get by with a bow.
Personality: Fun-loving and rather immature. He is still a kid after all. Is feircely loyal and always keeps his word.
History: He has lived with Dath for nearly as long as he can remember. They have wandered nearly the length and bredth of Middle-Earth. His father was a Wood-Elf from Mirkwood, his mother a human from Lake-Town. His mother died in childbirth, and his father was killed not long after. Dath has taught him how to survive in the wilderness, and how to fight. Cannot read, write or speak Elvish, because Dath can't, and so couldn't teach him. Can read and write the common tounge, much better than Dath can because he practices.

Name: Dath
Race: Human
Home Country/town: He's not telling. Somewhere in the north though. And near the sea.
Appearance: Shaggy greying brown hair. Brown eyes. Half a head shorter than Raunien. Hardly ever smiles.
Weapons: Sword. Bow.
Personality: Stubborn. Very stubborn. Does not trust people.
History: He was an ally to the Rangers, though he is not one himself. He knows Aragorn from somewhere in his past. Was forbidden to return to Bree, Lake-Town, the Lonely Mountain, Dale, and the Grey Havens for stealing. Elrond has given him many warnings about stealing from Rivendell, and Dath is not likely to get too many more chances. He raised Raunien. Can read and write the common tounge, though not very well...

PostPosted: January 24th, 2012, 12:26 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

((Where do you need me to start?))

PostPosted: January 26th, 2012, 9:32 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

((Hello?))

PostPosted: January 28th, 2012, 12:01 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Raunien could hear the far off sounds of battle. "Dath?" the half-Even boy said hesitantly. "I can hear somthing...."
"What is it this time?" the man said with over exagerated paticence.
"Fighting. A lot of fighting. A battle by the sound of it."
Dath's eyes got wide. "We ought to stear clear of any battles, young'un. Ain't safe for either of us."
"I've never seen a battle before." Raunien replied.
"And trust me, Raunien," Dath said. "You don't ever want to."

PostPosted: January 28th, 2012, 11:21 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(Sorry for the long wait in replying!)

Eonera's heart was in her throat as the army surged yet closer and closer to the enemy army, and yet it was also dry.

And then the armies clashed. The first line of riders was nearly taken out completely by Uruk-kai spears. But the riders kept coming, piercing the orc army. That was the beauty of cavalry, that they were not stopped so easily when meeting an enemy...

(Sorry for the short post, slightly distracted.)

PostPosted: January 29th, 2012, 12:17 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Raunien fell silent. He watched Dath set up thier small campsite. Two bedrolls, a small fire, their backpacks, the pack pony, and Raunien's dog, a scruffy mutt named Jake. Jake came up to the boy and laid his head on Raunien's knee. The boy fondled the dog's floppy ears.
Dath muttered about the dog and how much trouble it was. Jake, hearing his name, perked up his ears and trotted over, plopping down next to where Dath was setting up a fire. "Aw, git outa the way, y'scruffy mutt." Dath said, nudging the dog gently with his foot. "You're alot more trouble than you're worth, y'know."
"You don't mean that, Dath." Raunien defended his pet. "He does catch mice and rats, and rabbits if theyre slow enough."
"Yeah, an' mauls them afore I can git them t' clean!"
Raunien didn't reply. The sounds of battle were closer now, louder and louder.....

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2012, 4:19 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

There was a brief moment where everything seemed to speed up. Suddenly the black shadow on the horizon was sprinting towards them. Suddenly her own army began to run faster. Black arrows scattered down around them like rain. Naerwen continued to shoot her arrows back until she was close enough to draw out her swords. With horror, she watched as the first line of the army fell at the Uruk's spears. They had been brave men. They would be avenged. Naerwen gripped the hilts of her blades tightly. Her eyes centered on the Uruk Hai in front of her. Her eyes narrowed and her face twisted with rage as her blades cut through the first unfortunate Uruk to cross her path.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2012, 10:36 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

"Hey, Raunien," Dath said, without looking up from the fire he was having a hard time starting. "Hand me my knife, will ya?" There was no reply from the Half-Elven boy. "Raunien, did ya hear me? I said, hand me my knife!" Still no answer. Dath looked up.
Raunien was gone.

Raunien had snuck off while Dath was distracted with his fire building. Since Raunien had the natural ability of Elvish movement, completely silent and leaving a trail that only a very experienced tracker would be able to pick up, Dath had not noticed. Raunien had told Jake to stay behind. The boy felt like he needed to see what was going on. He had never seen a battle before, and like all children and teenagers, he was curious.
But, as they say, 'Curiousity killed the cat.'

((hehe! I'm so evil!! don't worry, he won't die! yet...))