Movie Extra

Taurë Dae

"Tales of shadows in the night
Many chilly winds hug your body tight

For when you come upon this place
You never know what your fate will face

In the Shadows of the Forest you will see
Just what you heart desires and needs"

Many believe they have come upon this Inn before. The Shadow's Forest Inn...Most humbly referred to as Taurë Dae, [tow-ray die]. Most do not stay long enough to figure out where they are or have the slightest clue how to get back; just stopping by for warmth as they do on many occasions in many places. But others do stay...and have been there for a long time. The Inn Keeper and his wife, and a few other guests. Whether you're stopping by or planning to have an extended stay, you are sure to find some entertainment in your midst.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello, you may call me Alya...my character's name. :]

In the winter time I get an itch to RP and I used to come to this website for other reasons and wanted to try this out. Hopefully someone will want to join my RPG. ^_^

1. No God-Modding, please and thank you.
2. Be polite OOC, even if you are not IC.
3. Post as often as you need to in order to keep up with the others you are speaking with. What they are ok with is what I'm ok with.

Post subject: Re: Taurë Dae [The Forest's Shadow]
PostPosted: November 24th, 2011, 12:55 am 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

In order to post in this RPG you do have to post a bio before hand. I will not accept bios that do not have proper spelling and grammar. It doesn't have to be perfect or a novel, just literate and have a little thought put into it. After I have accepted a few bios, the RPG will begin. ANYONE can join at ANYTIME as long as their bio is accepted before hand. If I do not accept your bio at first you can edit it as many times until it is accepted. This is to ensure there are no one liners or Mary-Sue's...or as I call them "perfect but not too perfect" characters.

CHARACTER BIOGRAPHY
Name:
Race:
Personality:
History:
Extra:
[If you want to add anything extra.]
Writing Sample:

Last edited by AlyaVanya on November 24th, 2011, 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: November 24th, 2011, 1:31 am 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

CHARACTER BIOGRAPHY

Name: Alya-Vanya

Race: Elvish (Hobbit far back into her ancestry)

Play-by: Emma Stone

Personality: Alya-Vanya is a complicated being. There is the Alya she lets everyone see and the Vanya that she really is underneath. On the outside she appears to be somewhat young, especially if posing as a human, and naïve. She plays this well and often asks for help; someone in need. It’s an easy manipulation strategy to get whatever she needs and desires to survive. This is one of the sides and tactics of Alya-Vanya. Another side to her usually comes along after someone has realized and suspected she is not as helpless as she seems. In reality Alya is a girl who can fight if she so desires but often prefers other methods to getting her way. The other side to her is a little angry and domineering; the side that says “do what I want because I will find a way to make you want to do what I want.” This often works on men, not women. She often has no need to manipulate women, usually they are just in the way…or they are very dear and close to her. There isn’t usually middle ground with women. You could say she is a shattered woman and though it has made her icy, it has also made her infrequent warm side hotter than the sun.

History: Alya knows she is Elvish, that her parents are dead, and that she is unwanted…and that is all she knows from her past. Even her early childhood is foggy and buried deep in her mind. In recent years she has been somewhat of a wandering Gypsy woman. Addicted to men, always looking for money, love, a home. She doesn’t care what others think of her because deep down inside she cares so much it isn’t the person she has become or wanted to be. There was a time when she lived with her native Elven people but Alya has burned many bridges and helped created various hardships in the lives and relationship of others.

Extra: Alya-Vanya goes by either Alya or Vanya or both together. It doesn’t really matter to her. Last name, unknown and she would like it to remain so. Her hair is a whiter shade of pale blonde, only slightly lighter than her fair skin. In the winter her cheeks are always rosy red, and slightly crackling. Light sapphire eyes sit beneath her bangs and crinkle at the corners when she smiles, the corners of her mouth also crinkling into dimple lines. Standing at 5'7 and weighing 120 pounds, she is a slender person. Since becoming a wanderer her body has become much more muscular from the many outdoor things she must do to keep going on her journey.

Writing Sample: Alya-Vanya set the horse free. It needed to be set free, she was putting nature back in its proper order. Ok…she stole the horse and rode away on it, using apple’s she had someone buy for her in a market in a town she had never been to before. It wasn’t like that farm didn’t have 3 other horses anyway. Besides someday she might even come back with the horse. So, really she was only borrowing it. She could tell herself this all she wanted but in the end she knew it was stolen and didn’t actually care. She didn’t name the horse…it didn’t cross her mind because it wasn't her pet. To her it was just another way to get to another place. The only problem was she didn’t actually know what she was even looking for.

Everything was going fine until the horse decided to take matters into his own hands and trot over to a stream. He was slopping up the clear water as it crackled down the brook. Alya pulled and nudged but he was not moving. And once he turned his head to the side, shifting slightly and chomping his face into a pile of delicious green grass, she knew it was useless trying to move him. So instead she slide off the side of the horse and sat down on a nearby rock. Alya sighed and pondered over a piece of lambas bread she had hidden deep in her cloak pocket.

She decided that at some point the horse would be ready to continue and it would behoove her to wait for him instead of go on alone. The wait time would not matter once she was galloping blissfully into the night on her dark stead. On a stead...this horse she found...stole. Anyway, Alya would move forward and this little piece of luck she found would help her on her journey, and hopefully she wouldn't lose it...him...the horse.

PostPosted: November 26th, 2011, 7:04 am 
Maia
Maia

Hi! I'd love to join :) I'll post my charrie asap ^^

. O r b i s N o n S u f f i c i t .

PostPosted: November 29th, 2011, 11:52 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Yaaay, I hope more people want to join. ^__^

PostPosted: November 30th, 2011, 3:47 pm 

I'll join. :) I'll post my bio as soon as I can!

PostPosted: November 30th, 2011, 6:55 pm 
Maia
Maia

Name: Piper Rivers

Race: Human

Play-by: Saiorse Ronan

Personality: determined, has a lot of energy despite being quiet and reserved.

History: She is well trained in sword + staff craft, and also in archery. Piper is a sharp shooter, and much prefers to carry around her staff + bow, as prefered to a sword, despite her ability to wield one. Her mother died when she was little, leaving behind Piper with her father. Distraught, Mr. Rivers left his only daughter behind in a small village. This led to her lack of friends, except for the kind woman who took her in after she found her outside, alone and cold and the ferrets that lived in the attic of said woman. Her training in sword/staff craft and archery was honed through trying to make it up to the woman who took her in. At age 15, she met a wolf whom she later befriended and named Sairahiniel due to their many encounters. Later on in that year, Calanon became one of Piper's pack, after she found the creature on the outskirts of the village, half starved and dying and despite her caretaker's objections, she continued to nurse the wolf back to health. Grateful, the wolf didn't fail to visit every day for the next few months, proceeding to help Piper hunt for food. When her village was burned to the ground on her 16th name day, she took to travelling, and has continued since then.

Extra: She uses a bow and arrow for long distance fights/hunting and a staff for close combat. Also, Calanon and Sairahiniel are not pets, being wolves, they come and go as they please and are known to leave Piper for months at a time. The names are simply there for Piper to use, so she doesn't have to use 'you,' 'she,' 'he,' 'her,' or 'him' when addressing them.

Writing Sample:

The flock of birds took to the sky.

Taken by surprise, Piper lost sight of the bird she was aiming for and loosed too slowly.

It was already gone.

And when she got up, the she-wolf was prancing about, tongue lolling as she yipped gleefully at the sky.

"Sairahiniel, you've scared my game off."

As if sensing Piper's amusement, Saira stuck her snout in the air in false disgust.

Piper smiled, "Alright then. Just this once. Now let's find your mate shall we?"

PostPosted: December 1st, 2011, 3:19 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Nienna of Rohan, you are accepted.

But before I put the starter post up for everyone to begin, I'm going to wait for more bios. ^_^

PostPosted: December 1st, 2011, 4:59 pm 
Maia
Maia

Thank you! Can't wait to get started!

PostPosted: December 4th, 2011, 5:31 pm 

Not sure I'm entirely happy with the way this came out, so I might tweak it yet, but here's a general sketch.

Name: Tolarwing

Race: Elf

Play-by: Jessica Brown-Findlay

Personality: Tends not to elaborate very much when she talks. She’s honest when she can be, although she avoids saying too much about herself out of a mixture of distrust and shyness. Truthfully, Tolarwing is rather afraid of becoming too close to anyone, although she secretly longs for companionship; however, she is far more likely to avoid conversation altogether, and solitude doesn’t bother her.

History: Tolarwing used to live happily with the Mirkwood elves with her two brothers. However, the older of the two was killed in a skirmish with goblins, and distraught, the other chose to leave for the Grey Havens. Tolarwing was left alone, and she still feels upset that she wasn’t enough to convince her surviving brother to stay. She still loves Middle Earth, however, and spends her days travelling from place to place, although never staying in one place for too long.

Extra: Close combat is not her specialty; she prefers to hide among the shadows with a bow and arrow. She would never attack another person without them ever realising they were in for a fight, her brothers having told her this was dishonourable; however, goblins and orcs and other foul creatures don’t deserve a fair chance, and she’ll pick off as many of them as she likes from her hiding places.

Writing Sample:
The air was still in the forest, and it had been some time since Tolarwing had last heard the rustle of an animal in the undergrowth or the fluttering of birds’ wings. Once the silence would have unnerved her, but now she found comfort in it, having only the soft footfalls of her horse to keep her company.

The sun was likely sinking away beyond the cover of the trees; the shadows were lengthening, and perhaps they would soon fill with all manner of dark creatures. Tolarwing hoped to be long gone by then, to the outskirts of the forest where she might set up a camp of sorts.

But she could also continue on her journey, if she so wished. Therein lay the trouble with having no clear destination; it was difficult to decide when to stop and when to go. Sighing, she urged her horse faster, needing the distraction of a harder ride to tear her from her own thoughts.

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2012, 7:58 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Location: Somewhere where there's free pumkin spice coffees. HAPPY AUTUMN!

Name: Ianna
Race: Elf
Play-by: Kiera Knightly http://www.google.com/imgres?num=10&hl= ... x=60&ty=43
Personality: Energetic, sweet, and slightly crazy.
History: Well-trained with a bow and arrow. She used to live in Lothlorien, but has taken to wandering. Her family is a little blurry, all she knows is her father died in the Last Alliance.
Extra: She is about 5' 3" with chocolate brown eyes and honey-blonde hair.
Writing sample:

Ianna glanced from left to right. Her heart was pounding. She knew she should stop, but the voice in her head told her they were still following, still anxious to kill. All of a sudden an Orc burst out on the path in front of her. Ianna shrieked. She swerved to the side and scrambled up a tree. Reaching the top of the branches, she looked down and saw two of the scouting patrol trying to climb the tree. She knew they couldn't reach where she was. She closed her eyes and lay down on the branch thinking of simpler times.

In the morning the Orcs were gone. Ianna hoped that none lay in her path from now on, even if she didn't quite now where she was going. She climbed down swiftly. She had dropped her pack in the flight, and now did not have any food or water. Ianna sighed and resigned herself to walking, resenting those creatures they called Orcs.

(Ok, I know it's kinda weird for the sample, but this is my first RP.)

Avatar http://www.lunaii-dollmaker.com/dollmaker

Last edited by Illana Elanesse on March 18th, 2012, 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: February 4th, 2012, 11:38 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Location: The Tardis, which is currently parked in Rivendell.

Maybe you could use a guy? can I join?
Name: Quinn Kellic
Race: Human
Play-by: ((um, what do you mean by this? sorry, but I've only been on a few rps...))
Personality: Fun-loving, somewhat immature at times, doesn't always know when to stop, LOVES to talk, and will do so to any one who will listen. (has a weakness for really good apple pie, and sweets in general.)
History: Grew up in a small village in the north somewhere. Raised by his aunt, because his parents died when a fever swept the village. He has next to no training in weapons skills or survival skills.
Extra: 5' 11" not really that handsome. Somewhat curly brown hair, brown eyes, a slightly crooked nose, and lots of freckles. Always has a big smile.
Writing Sample:
Quinn practiclly skipped down the road that lead away from the village and everything he had ever known. At last he was free! Free from all the obligations and cares that had been his. He had finished his apprenticeship to the innkeeper. Now he could go off and start his own inn. "That doesn't sound like much fun..." he complained to himself. "Stuck in a stuffy old inn all day. I'd like to be a one of those Rangers."
"You can't be a Ranger, boy." a weezing old woman said. "You've gotta be born into that life. One of the decendents of the Kings of old!"
"So what would you suggest I do?" Quinn said, a little frustrated with life in general.
"Go off and have an adventure, boy! Have some fun! Learn a little before you grow up all the way!"

((I apoligize for any spelling mistakes...I am a horrid speller...))

Married the Tenth Doctor 2/26/12