Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: * The Edge of Night * [STARTING]
PostPosted: December 22nd, 2011, 12:04 am 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Created by Aramel Elyanwe and ~Goldleaf~

Beneath the churning wheels and iron gears of Isengard, there lies a prison for those who have been taken captive. There, in the dark, dusty cells reside few men and women - all of different races with different stories to tell. However, if they want to be free and return home, these men and women must band together to escape the fate of captivity. Under the cover of nightfall, these brave souls must attempt to make it out alive and unscathed, but that is not nearly as easy as it may sound...

<< C H A R A C T E R S >>
**Maximum of FOUR characters please!

Elves
Aramel Elyanwë - Played by Aramel Elyanwe
Lainathiel - Played by ~Goldleaf~
Kitsong - Played by Nienna of Rohan
Vanwawen - Played by Eruraina

Dwarves
Barildûm - Played by Aramel Elyanwe

Gondorians
Harafan - Played by Aramel Elyanwe
Goldleaf - Played by ~Goldleaf~
Indilwen Melda - Played by Arabella Baggins
Charlie - Played by Harthad

Rohirric/Rohan
Kevlessë - Played by Aramel Elyanwe
Helmwyn - Played by Shadowcat
Merefara - Played by Shadowcat
Piper - Played by Nienna of Rohan
Eonera Flaimhaired - Played by Eruraina

Hobbits
Arabella Granger - Played by Arabella Baggins

Dunedain
Gain - Played by Eruraina

My Biographies

Full Name: Aramel Elyanwë
Pronounced: Are-UH-mehl El-YAHN-way
Nicknames: Ara
Race: Elf
Birthdate: May 22
Played by: Camilla Belle
Family Members: Catharion [Father], Arethiel [mother], Talathion Mithrennon [brother]
Appearance: http://i40.tinypic.com/11qn5du.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/nqa2j8.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/2lnxy6h.jpg
Personality: She is graceful and gentle, but knows how to wield a sword and fight if it means saving her life. She does not trust those who are of different races, at least not at first. Until she gets to know or befriend a person, Aramel is wary and on her guard.
History: Aramel was born on the 22nd of May in Rivendell as the second child of Catharion and Arethiel. Growing up in Rivendell, there was not much cause for learning to fight, but regardless, Catharion taught his daughter all the swordmanship tricks he knew. They eventually came in handy later in life, while Aramel ventured outside of her home and came into contact with orcs. She is very close to her older brother, Talathion, who often fights beside her and acts as her protector and guardian.
Dislikes: Dwarves, fighting, war

Full Name: Barildûm
Pronounced: Bah-RILL-doom
Nicknames: None
Race: Dwarf
Birthdate: January 9
Played by: Joaquin Phoenix
Family Members: Kilain [Nephew]
Appearance: http://i42.tinypic.com/s0v3tc.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/1eqonl.jpg
Personality: Grumpy and introverted, Barildûm prefers to spend his time alone. He is a stalwart dwarf, but a bit slow when it comes to fighting or physical tasks. He is a bit lazy but not unhealthy, at least by Dwarven standards.
History: Much about Barildûm is unknown, because he refuses to speak about his past. He comes from the Iron Hills and was once a miner in the mountains, until an injury caused him to retire from that profession. He spent a lot of his days with his nephew Kilain (whose parents both passed away) showing him the ropes and hunting with him. Having no children of his own, Barildûm essentially adopted Kilain and took him under his wing.
Likes: Storytelling, hunting, eating, relaxing, alone time
Dislikes: Elves, being bothered, physical activity

Full Name: Kevlessë
Pronounced: Kehv-less-ay
Race: Men
Birthdate: September 13
Played by: Mischa Barton
Family Members: Unknown
Appearance: http://i43.tinypic.com/30ljebk.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/30sh5x5.jpg
Personality: Due to her age and lack of worldly experience, Kevlessë can be overly trusting and naive. She loves adventure and wide open spaces, but fears consequences and is somewhat timid in that aspect.
History: Ever since childhood, Kevlessë has been riding horses for recreation. She is a skilled rider and very good with animals of any kind. Her sisters were both older than she, and the three of them were not very close. They left the house and were married before Kevlessë had turned sixteen, leaving her to feel like an only child. Because of this, she tried to make any friends she could, even if they were questionable people. Her parents constantly warned her never to wander too far from home, but Kevlessë did not heed them and found herself captured by Saruman's army.
Dislikes: War, captivity, close spaces, chaos

Full Name: Harafan
Pronounced: Hah-rah-fahn
Race: Men
Birthdate: August 7
Played by: Chris Hemsworth
Family Members: Baredan [Father], Authilwyn [Mother], Adraithwen [Sister]
Appearance: http://i42.tinypic.com/2nw1ma1.jpg
Personality: Harafan usually reacts before giving rational thought to a situation - something that both aids him and hurts him. As a trained fighter, he tends to assume the leadership position and is extremely loyal to his friends. He acts as a protector and sometimes becomes too egotistical on the battlefield.
History: Harafan was born and raised in Gondor. His father was a part of the royal guard under leadership of Denethor, and encouraged his son to follow in his path. Harafan did, growing up to learn all of the skills necessary to protect his realm. He quickly rose through the ranks until he had established a respectable position within the guard. He has seen many friends die beside him and that has made him somewhat hardened to war and death.
Dislikes: Traitors, betrayal, being told what to do

Last edited by Aramel Elyanwe on January 2nd, 2012, 10:17 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Post subject: Re: * The Edge of Night *
PostPosted: December 22nd, 2011, 12:14 am 
Maia
Maia

(Yayyyyy! :-D Can you put me down for Lainathiel, who's Elvish, and Goldleaf, who's Gondorian =D Possibly might add a dwarf later on, or a Rohirric guy :happy: )

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject: Re: * The Edge of Night *
PostPosted: December 22nd, 2011, 6:59 pm 

Could you put me down for Helmwyn and Merefara, both Rohirrim? :) Seems logical that there might be an abundance of them, given that Isengard is in Rohan. :teehee: Going to go pimp their bios now. :D

Post subject: Re: * The Edge of Night * [Come in and join us!]
PostPosted: December 23rd, 2011, 2:20 am 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

[[Glad to have you SC :) They don't necessarily have to be from Rohan, since the way I figure it, Saruman could have taken prisoner anyone journeying near or around the borders of Isengard.

Btw, I am in love with the Boromir/Faramir banner in your signature right now. It is gorgeous for realz <3 ]]

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2011, 10:22 pm 
Maia
Maia

(Hello! Mind if I join in?)

PostPosted: December 25th, 2011, 1:41 am 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

[[Sure thing Nie! :happy: Just lemme know who you shall be playing so I can edit the main post :happy: ]]

PostPosted: December 26th, 2011, 4:31 am 
Maia
Maia

(Yeah, their names are Piper [Rohan] and Kitsong [Elf]. Thanks!)

PostPosted: December 26th, 2011, 12:49 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Totally joining!

I'll have my bios and characters up tonight!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: December 28th, 2011, 6:53 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

[[Totes glad to have you all! Thinking of starting this soon, so this is the last call for people to join! Everyone else, feel free to post your bios when you can (I still need to work on mine :blush: ) so we can get this rolling soon :happy: ]]

PostPosted: December 28th, 2011, 6:56 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I'd like to join too if I can! Bios to come. :)

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: December 28th, 2011, 7:00 pm 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

[[Sure thing :3 Love your set btw :yes: ]]

PostPosted: December 28th, 2011, 7:38 pm 

Hey look some craptastic bios One day I will actually make these nice and sensible. One day. Until then, there's this.

Name: Helmwyn
Race: Human - Rohirric, hailing from the Westfold.
Appearance: Golden hair, gray-green eyes. Average build. Wears the uniform and armor of the Rohirrim.
Personality: Always willing to help others, but not at the cost of her own well-being or of those she is closest to. Has a sense of humor and believes it is important not to be too serious, but she is not oblivious or insensitive when times are dark.
Weapons: A spear, for riding, and a basic but sturdy sword. She is far more comfortable with combat on horseback than on foot.
History: After her mother was killed by wild men, Helmwyn convinced her father she would be safer if she travelled with hook and his company of Rohirrim. Once there, she was further able to convince him it was necessary for her to train in sword-fighting with the men, so she would not be a burden. Ignoring the comments from the men, she eventually became a Rider if Rohan in her own right, earning respect through her ability to fight.
Other: A descendant of Helm Hammerhand, although the family relation has lessened over the years.

Name: Merefara
Race: Human - Rohirric, from the Westfold of Rohan
Appearance: Light brown hair, grey eyes, wears the uniform of the Rohirrim.
Personality: Quiet, but a dedicated fighter with a strong sense of loyalty. He does not anger very easily, thinking that most conflicts are unnecessary and easily avoided.
Weapons: A spear for riding and a shortsword for close combat.
History: The only child of a family of humble backgrounds, it is a source of some pride for Merefara that he rides with the Rohirrim. He was one of the first riders to befriend Helmwyn, and the two of them remain close.

PostPosted: December 28th, 2011, 10:23 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Okay, here's the bio for my two girls. I may add in another character later, but this is good to start out with for now. XD

(Also, I do hope Hobbits are allowed...if not, let me know!)

Name: Arabella (Ari) Granger
Race: Hobbit
Appearance: Dark brown hair that reaches her shoulder blades, wide blue-green eyes. She stands at 3'3" and dresses in men's clothing while traveling. At all times, she wears a crystalline necklace in the shape of a teardrop, that has belonged in her family for ages.
Play-By: None
Weapons: A simple sword, though she has not much skill with a blade--but her skill with a bow is worse.
Personality: Extremely stubborn and fiercely loyal. She is curious by nature and enjoys singing in any situation. Believes herself to be not nearly as courageous as the others, but can prove her worth in battle when the situation calls for it. She is extremely talkative, which can be the cause of headaches for those around her, as she tends to speak before she thinks.
History: Ari was born somewhere near the village of Bree, but remembers very little of her time there. She was the second of four daughters, but her family perished in a fire when she was seven years old. After this, she became a wanderer, trying her best just to stay alive and travelling from place to place.
Other: As stated before, she is a sorceress, and her main talents are shield spells and healing, though the latter drains her energy as she uses it.

Name: Indilwen Melda
Race: Human - Gondorian, hailing from the City of Kings
Appearance: Curly, raven hair, pale blue eyes and pale skin. Stands around 5"6"
Play-By: Katie McGrath (she plays Morgana on Merlin)
Personality: Indilwen is generally quiet, even bordering on standoffish. She is known for having a slightly spoiled, superior attitude, but has a fierce love for her father, her only remaining family. It was his wish that she leave Minas Tirith when he suspected that war would soon strike the great city, so that she would be safe.
Weapons: Two daggers--it was all she foolishly thought she would need when she left.
History: Indilwen's mother died giving birth to her, and as such she was raised by her father and later, her nursemaid, Verya, who was only five years older than Indilwen herself. Indilwen's father, who worked in the great libraries of Minas Tirith, was an observant man who often worked in close proximity to Lord Denethor, the steward of Gondor, and as such knew far more about the impending war than many other Gondorian citizens. Caring only for his daughter's well-being, he would have catered to her every whim if it hadn't been for Verya's insistence that Indilwen remain slightly grounded. When her father sent Indilwen from Minas Tirith hoping to keep her safe, Verya went with her, although her beloved companion was killed in an attempt to keep Indilwen from being captured.

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: December 29th, 2011, 6:53 pm 
Elf
Elf

(Hey, may I join please? :))

Name: Charlie
Race: Men (Gondorian)
Appearance: Black-brown hair, dark brown eyes. About 4'5", but usually stoops over.
Play-By: None
Weapons: A plain old sword
Personality: Talks all the time, and tends to go on and on. Even talks to himself sometimes, when no one's around. Very compliant, and will do whatever someone tells him to do with very little complaining. Very outgoing, and very trusting also, which got him in a few tricky situations in the past.
History: Charlie was found on the side of a river when he was born, and was taken in by an old woman named Madge, who loves Charlie more than anything. The two got separated while visiting Minas Tirith, and haven't found each other since. Charlie thought that Madge abandoned him, and was heartbroken by this revelation. He has been desperately wanting a new family ever since, which has led him to trust people probably more than he should have.

Click here to visit my site!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: December 30th, 2011, 12:13 am 
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

[[Glad to have you Harthad :) I think I'll start this rp at some point tomorrow, and by then have my own bios posted. :yes: ]]

PostPosted: December 31st, 2011, 7:44 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

After some time... I've finally decided one what characters to use! An elf from Lothlorien, a Rohirrim, and a Dunadain. A few of these are older characters that I'm changing a bit to fit into the place and time.

Name: Eonera Flaimhaired
Race: Rohirric
Appearance: Wavey orange hair that reaches her waist. Skin that in normal circumstances is pale, but usually has a red to it from the sun. She has grey-green eyes, and is generally slender and small, standing at only 5'3".
Pictures: http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g111/ ... dress2.jpg http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g111/ ... dress4.jpg http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g111/ ... dress9.jpg
Weapons: A shortbow more for hunting or protection from wolves then anything.
Personality: Gentle, and very quiet. Though doesn't like to stay in one spot very long, or goes stir crazy. Slightly claustrophobic, prefers open fields. Doesn't have that cliche redhead temper.
History: Her parents were herders and breeders for Theoden, considered one of the best in Rohan. Their pastures they used were the ones closest to Meduseld, so that is where they mostly lived. Eonera was raised inside the stables and on the fields, learning the ins and outs of raising horses. Her own steed, Shadowmir and great dapple grey gelding, was given to her as a weanling for her to train. As was custom for the people of Rohan(as Eowyn sort of mentions in the Two Towers, women were taught somewhat how to weild a blade), her father attempted to teach her how to fight with a sword, but at every block she would shy away, for she didn't have a warrior's spirit. She did, however, learn to use a bow, but more to fend off wolves if the horse herds were attacked. But her heart was in caring for the horses. One day word came in that a horse had gotten stuck in the mud of a stream and Eonera went with a group to help. They found the horse, but as they were pulling it out of the mud, orcs attacked and Eonera was knocked out and captured. She is uncertain of the fate of those she was with at the time.
Other: Growing up her parents claimed that she was of a distant cousin of the house of Eorl, but for her whole life, she failed to believe this to be true.

Name: Gain(pronounce Guy-in)
Race: Dunadain
Appearance: Curly black hair, dark eyes, tanned skin. A rough stubble of a beard, for at his age it is all of a beard he can grow for he is still considered very young for he is Dunadain. Stands at about 5'11", and is all arms and legs, though what there is of his chest is very broad and muscled.
Play-By: Kit Harington http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g111/ ... -snow1.jpg http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g111/ ... s-2011.jpg
Weapons: A powerful longbow, a hunting knife, and a hand-and-a-half sword.
Persionality: Reserved and always wary of what is around him. Though for the most part you can't tell for he acts laid back, though has a dark sense of humor that most don't understand. As reserved as he is, he's always willing to help out a friend in need as best he can.
History: Born and raised in the north with the Dunadain. He had gone on a couple scouting missions with Aragorn himself until Aragorn left on some mission about a ring. The cheiftain left in charge in Aragorn's absence sent Gain to a mission in the south, which ended in his being captured.

Name: Vanwawen
Race: Lothlorien elf
Appearance: Long golden hair and blue eyes. Stands at about 6'3", and looks to have the usual slender build of an elf.
Picture: http://eruraina.deviantart.com/favourit ... 4#/d3ib6ov
Personality: Very proud and drawn back. She prefers not to meddle with others if it can't be helped. She's almost borderline cold to races other then other elves. But when she is with just other elves, she becomes a bit more light hearted, for deep down the warrior's spirit has a love for song and poems.
Weapons: Twin curved elven blades and a set of throwing knives.
Other: A cousin to the Lothlorien elf Haldir. She was captured on a scouting mission, where the comrades with here were either captured or killed as well. For she is a warrior in service to Lady Galadriel.

Profile       WWW     YIM