Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 25th, 2024, 1:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Concerning Hobbits
PostPosted: January 12th, 2012, 10:09 pm 

Concerning Hobbits

“Hobbits have been living and farming in the four Farthings of the Shire for many hundreds of years, quite content to ignore and be ignored by the world of the Big Folk. Middle Earth being, after all, full of strange creatures beyond count, Hobbits must seem of little importance, being neither renowned as great warriors nor counted among the very wise…”

~*~

In other parts of the world, Elves and Men and Dwarves are taking part in heroic quests and epic battles. Life goes on as normal in the Shire…though there are still plenty of adventures to be had.

Anyone is free to join! Just post a short bio--or long, if you like--and you're set. ^^

~*~

Characters [OCs only for now!]:
Lovindras “Lovi” Lightfoot - Shadowcat
Saffron Brownlock - Shadowcat
Arabella Granger - Arabella Baggins
Liliaen Boffin - Revenge
Drogo Hardbottle - Naerwen
Prisca Hardbottle - Naerwen

Bios:
Name: Lovindras “Lovi” Lightfoot
Appearance: Wavy dark brown hair, light greenish-grey eyes, round face.
History: Lovi lives with his family--his parents and two much younger sisters--in Tuckborough. He’s never known anything besides a sheltered and comfortable life, but he wouldn’t have it any other way.
Personality: Lovi likes attention, wherever and whenever he can get it. Now that he’s older, he’s decided that’s even more important to catch the attention of the hobbit lasses…

Name: Saffron Brownlock
Appearance: Golden-red curly hair and soft brown eyes. Generally delicate features.
History and Personality: A Shire hobbit of modest means, Saffron has little to boast of. She is kind and rather shy, though she can be impulsive if she works up enough courage. She loves the sunshine and warm days, and loves spending time outside.

Last edited by Shadowcat on January 17th, 2012, 10:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Concerning Hobbits
PostPosted: January 12th, 2012, 11:03 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Can you put me down for my main OC, Arabella Granger? I might add in a new one later but I'll just work with her for now. I'll also have to re-work her bio a bit because this will be so different from other RPGs I've done with her, so stay tuned!

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: January 13th, 2012, 9:39 am 
Istari
Istari

I am in too! I will post my bio later ;)

PostPosted: January 13th, 2012, 11:52 am 

Alrighty :) Looking forward to seeing your bios! I'm having so much fun writing mine. :p

PostPosted: January 13th, 2012, 12:25 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

May I join Shadowcat? :)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 13th, 2012, 12:42 pm 

You certainly may :) The more, the merrier!

... My iPad kept auto-correcting that to 'nerdier'--I am offended. :lol:

PostPosted: January 13th, 2012, 12:48 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

That's great. I'll get working on a bio and post it when i'm done. My Iphone does the same. Drives me crazy sometimes.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 13th, 2012, 5:30 pm 
Istari
Istari

LOL the more the nerdier :lol:

Anyway here is my OC's bio:

Name: Liliaen Boffin
Physical Appearance: brown curly hair with a fringe, brown eyes
History: Lili is the elder child of Mr & Mrs Boffin (she has a younger brother, Fredgard). She and her family live in a little hobbit hole on Bagshot Road, next to the Gamgee's house, and she has known the Gaffer, Sam and the other Gamgees since she was a child. She has a sort of stormy relationship with her parents: while they are very traditionalist, and would like her to be more concrete, get married and start a family, Lili has always her head on the clouds, and really loves stories and tales of adventures, which her parents consider frivolous and light-headed.

I hope it's okay!

PostPosted: January 13th, 2012, 6:31 pm 

^ Looks great! :)

Just letting everyone know, I *probably* won't be able to start this until Monday night at the earliest. Eep, I'm so excited though. :P

PostPosted: January 14th, 2012, 4:06 am 
Istari
Istari

Thanks, I love your bios as well! :) I can't wait to start either!

PostPosted: January 16th, 2012, 10:12 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Hey guys sorry for taking so long to reply. Here's my bios. Hope they are ok :)

Name: Drogo Hardbottle
Appearance: Short, curly, golden brown hair with brown eyes. Three foot in height. Drogo is a stout hobbit with rather pointy ears. He wears green velvet breaches that stop just below the calf. He partners this with a yellow waistcoat and green jacket with gold buttons. Over this he wears his dark brown hooded cloak.
Personality: While Drogo is friendly and sociable with those that know him, he is a rather. Like all hobbits he adores his food and drink though.
History: Drogo is one of two children belonging to Petunia and Fosco Hardbottle. His sister, the eldest of the family, is called Prisca Hardbottle. Prisca is more adventurous than Drogo and is forever trying to take him on her little adventures, but is yet to succeed. Drogo’s parents dote on their children as they had trouble, at first, conceiving them. The Hardbottle family live in a small hobbit hole in Buckland.

Name: Prisca Hardbottle
Appearance: Unlike her brother, her hair is long, curly and a strawberry blonde colour. Her eyes are a bright shade of blue. Prisca is very fond of her bright colours and her clothing always match this fondness.
Personality: Prisca, unlike her race, is very adventurous and is always running into trouble with her family or neighbours. Prisca is a wild card and despite being adored by her parents can tend to be rebellious against their rules.
History: Same as Drogo’s

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 17th, 2012, 10:42 pm 

((Here goes: opening post! Feel free to add in all the drama and plot twists you want. :) ))

-----------------------

If Lovi Lightfoot knew anything about having adventures, it was that it wasn’t the best way of boosting one’s reputation. Say what you would about Mad Baggins, though--he had the biggest reputation in all of the Shire, good or otherwise. Lovi didn’t have plans to disappear for long periods of time without so much as a word (though the whole treasure thing didn’t sound so bad in his opinion), but if there was anything he did want, it was a reputation.

It seemed like an adventure was a good way to gain one.

Mr and Mrs Lightfoot were accustomed to him coming and going as he pleased, so on this particular morning he left the front door as usual, heading towards the Hill. At the very least he could catch up on the gossip among the younger hobbits--maybe the older ones too, if the situation was really that grim--and go from there.

-----------

Saffron had been up since sunrise. She loved way the morning dew caught the sunlight, making the grass sparkle and shimmer. This morning seemed like an especially pleasant morning, and she hurried through the morning’s chores before rushing outside to enjoy the day.

Days without plans were the best sort of days. Saffron smiled, letting her feet take her where they would. She knew she wouldn’t go far; she never did, and was perfectly content to believe she never would.

PostPosted: January 17th, 2012, 11:13 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Oh, look, a bio! I've revamped Ari's history completely from the other RPGs she's in, but she's still the same Hobbit we know and love.

Name: Arabella (Ari) Granger
Appearance: Dark brown hair in corkscrew curls, wide blue-green eyes, pale skin with a smattering of freckles.
History and Personality: The second of four daughters, Arabella's family has always been considered a bit "odd" amongst their fellow Hobbits. Living nearby to Bilbo and Frodo Baggins, Ari grew up listening to Bilbo's fantastical tale of adventure and became determined to have some of her own. Her parents, to the chagrin of many of their neighbors, actually encouraged these dreams, particularly her father. Ari is curious by nature and fiercely loyal, and she oftentimes will speak before she thinks. She loves to sing as well.

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: January 18th, 2012, 7:07 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

So excited!

Night was drawing in fast. Prisca's heart hammered with excitement or fear. She couldn't quite tell. The Misty Mountains seemed to loom, out of nowhere, before her eyes. High pitch screams emitted from their depths. Just then a shadow flew out of the mountain. It was a dragon. The only dragon Prisca had seen was that off Gandalf's fireworks. The shadow fell over Prisca and her companions. The dragon swirled lower and lower to the ground, growling ferociously. Prisca wondered what could have upset the dragon, when she felt a weight in her hands. She looked down to see a bright red gemstone. The dragon swooped down and engulfed Prisca and her companions in flames.

Prisca Hardbottle woke up with a start, gasping with excitement. Most hobbits would have been terrified of what they had just witnessed, but not Prisca. Prisca, instead, was eager to live out this dream and give that dreadful dragon something to think about. She jumped out of bed and swooped down the stairs to see her parents tucking into their second breakfast of the morning.
"Where have you been?" Fosco grumbled, barely looking up from his food.
"Oh Father! It was amazing! We were trolling the mountains and exploring the country-"
"Nonesense!" Petunia pipped up. "You better get your head out of the clouds missy. Nothing good will come of it!"

Rolling her eyes Prisca crossed over to the table and picked up a couple of rolls and bunched them into her pockets. Prisca had no time to stop. If she knew Lovi Lightfoot, he would be getting ready to leave soon. There was no chance he was getting to go without her. She smiled to her parents and skipped out the door. Her parents just simply rolled their eyes and returned their attention to their food.

Drogo, unlike his sister, had been up with the crack of dawn. He ate with his parents when they called for him, but always returned to the garden once he was done. Next to food, the gardening was Drogo's favourite pass time. He never had to venture passed his garden gate and that was the way he liked it. He was bustling around the herbs by the kitchen window when he heard his father's grumbling voice. That must be Prisca awake. He wondered what adventure she had planned for the day.

Soon Prisca emerged from the little hobbit hole, her eyes widened at her brother. "Eavesdropping Drogo?"
Drogo gasped, stepping back, spilling dirt on his waistcoat. "I have been dropping no eaves!"
Prisca shook her head, grabbing her brother's hand. "Come along. We're going to be late!" And with that they took of down the street, Drogo shouting in protest with every step. You see there was no use in him planning his days. He would never get to live out his days the way he planned with his sister around to distract him.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: January 18th, 2012, 11:11 am 
Istari
Istari

It was a pleasant morning, and the sun was already shining through the foliage of the green trees growing along the side of Bagshot Road. The sky was clear, and the rays of sunlight felt warm of Liliaen's skin, as she walked out of the door of the house.
"Goodmorning!" she exclaimed cheerfully, addressing the Gaffer, who was working in his garden, next to the Boffin's house "What a fine day, isn't it?"
"Goodmorning, miss Boffin" the Gaffer replied "It's a fine day indeed"
"Where is Sam?" Liliaen asked "Already up and working, I guess?"
"Yes, he had work to do at Bag End. I'll join him in a while" the Gaffer replied.
"Liliaen!" Mrs. Boffin called, from inside the house "Are you ready? We will be late, if we don't leave now for the market"
"I am ready, mother!" Liliaen replied "I am in the garden!"
Mrs. Boffin joined her, putting in order the shawl on her shoulders "Goodmorning, Gaffer" she said "Let's go, Liliaen, I want to be back soon"
Liliaen nodded and, waving goodbye to the Gaffer, followed her mother down the road, wondering if her life could get any more repetitious.

PostPosted: February 4th, 2012, 10:45 pm 

((Gah, sorry about the lack of posting! The last few weeks have been mental. Anyway, I hope we can get this moving again. :) ))

-----------------------

There were already a number of hobbits going about their morning routines, and Lovi wished a couple of them good morning along his way. He was hungry, though. Hungry and in a devious mood--even he recognized what a dangerous situation that was.

It was a glorious feeling, if he could say so himself.

He hadn't gone much further when he came across a small apple tree by the side of the road. Glancing around, and seeing no one, he reached up and plucked an apple from the tree before trotting off down the road.

-----------------------

Saffron had barely gone far from the door when she spotted the hobbit lad walking past with a satisfied smirk on his face and an apple in his hand. She frowned, recognizing in an instant where it had come from. Her family's apple tree was, after all, the only one nearby.

She opened her mouth to shout, but realized she wasn't sure what to say. "Excuse me," she finally managed to squeak, but it was by no means the stern tone of voice she'd been aiming for. Sighing, she looked around, hoping someone might be around to help her out.