Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Seige of Mirkwood
PostPosted: May 8th, 2012, 3:35 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

"Well, with war you never know. Maybe something will turn up soon that will help us figure things out." Replied Anarion.

Previously Known As Orophin

PostPosted: May 8th, 2012, 10:09 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Areanne grimaced as the door guard refused to let her in. "But I have to see My Lord, King Legolas! The matter is urgent!"

The guard shook his head. "I'm sorry, girl, but he cannot be disturbed right now."

Areanne growled in frustration and trudged back to her shack. She grimaced at the letter in her hand. "How clever," she muttered. Adapting to the language of the dead land? The orcs hadn't lost their wit. She narrowed her eyes.

Fine, she thought. I'll just send it to him, if I cannot present it to him. She charged back to her shack.

PostPosted: May 8th, 2012, 8:46 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Areanne wrote by candlelight in her darkened shack, furiously jotting down the characters on the looted orc manuscript. The thick paper the original message was on was too heavy for the messanger who would fly it over. After these words were copied, she wrote:

My Lord Legolas,

I apologize for not having sent you this earlier. I was not let into your presence when I first recieved this message, but better late than never, I suppose. A host of orcs attacked the southern border, but had been ambushed by a pack of wolves. After the beasts left, I found this note on the chief, and it is obviously meant not for our eyes. I cannot send the heavy message itself to you, for it is overweighted; but I have copied the wording directly from the manuscript.

The orcs have adapted the Mordor writing style, and what anyone can make of this, I know not. But I do know that you might find this of use. If not, maybe I can find that wizard, Gandalf the White. It is said he can read Mordor writing. I send this to you now with high hopes and best wishes.

I remain your loyal sevant,
Areanne Silverleaf

The flowing Elvish characters seemed to stare up at her. The jagged hand of Mordor glared down at the elegant writing, and it seemed the ink was darkest on those letters. She shuddered and tied the message into a thin roll with a thin cord. She strode over to a cage with a carrier pigeon inside. She undid the latch and tied the message to the leg of the bird. "To the Palace," she whispered to it, and let it fly. It flew off in the right direction; Areanne could only pray it got to the right hands on time. She waited, staring long after the pigeon had faded from her sight.

PostPosted: May 8th, 2012, 10:21 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Location: The Tardis, which is currently parked in Rivendell.

"I hope so, my friend..." Legolas said, degectedly. "My people are beginning to lose hope. And my steward won't let me return to the battlefield until this wound heal."
Hareth rolled his eyes. "It's for your own good, sire. and the good of your people."
"That doesnt mean I like it, Hareth." Legolas replied.

Married the Tenth Doctor 2/26/12

PostPosted: May 9th, 2012, 9:33 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Areanne fiddled with trinkets nervously. She willed her messenger to find Legolas. It was trained to find King Thranduil, and if not, King Legolas; but Legolas could just not be in the castle. She sighed and exited her shack, drawing her daggers. "Let's go hunting," she growled, searching for any sign sof orcs or intruders.

PostPosted: May 9th, 2012, 9:41 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Meanwhile, the pigeon hovered over the familiar sight of the Palace. It circled the windows, searching for the King. When he was nowhere to be found, the pigeon searched for the Prince. At last he looked into a window and saw him. The bird perched and rapped on the window, looking eagerly at the group. Instinctively it preened the message gently, showing it to the receivers.

Areanne stalked and darted in the shadows, huddling her cloak about her. She was hot on the trail of a man, a man who carried weapons and had heavy boots. She followed the footprints and the weapon slashes on the trees until she found a whole group of them. This one had been a scout, Areanne concluded. The group had six or seven at least present, and they had made camp there with hide tents and a campfire. She eyed them nervously. There was no way she could take them on all at once. Areanne began devising a plan to seperate them and pick them off one by one...

PostPosted: May 11th, 2012, 1:09 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(Erm, a few things Areanna, and I almost feel like a mod here or something. But please stop with the multiple posts in a row. It's not against official forum rules, but more of a courtesy that is only broken when there is great need to. Adding more to what your character doing does not count. If you feel the need, edit your previous post, or wait for someone else to post, please.
And I'm sorry, I don't mean to be nit picky or anything, if anything I'm just giving a bit of advice.)

Eruraina had stood back while the ranger spoke with Legolas. She then looked at the window, and went over to it, noticing the bird. She opened it and held out a hand, which the bird landed on. The elf unfastened the message and let the bird go.
"Your majesty," she said, turning back to the two, unrolling the message, and reading it. "It appears one of the elves on the edge of the forest has gotten hold of an enemy message. In the language of Mordor." Eruraina held the message out for Legolas to take and read.

"Not necessarily," Gimli replied to his brother. "He may be proud that we have opened our minds and found more insight to the world."
Then Eruraina found the message and showed it to Legolas. He frowned.
"Old Gandalf was the only one I knew that could read the language of Morder. It's a sad day then, because he's already passed to the Undying Lands in the west along with the Lady of Light, Frodo, and other elven folk," he grumbled...

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: June 24th, 2012, 5:06 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Areanne watched the skies with intent. She scowled. That darn pigeon had better not have gotten lost again!

She paced in her wooden shack, unconsciously muttering in elvish under her breath.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6