Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 10:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Seige of Mirkwood
PostPosted: March 8th, 2012, 5:28 pm 
Maia
Maia

Eruraina wrote:
(Hey Amara... wouldn't Galadriel have already left Middle-Earth by now? Just a thought... And also, I don't think pulling your character so far away from the others is entirely a good idea, honestly.... lol. *is waiting for Ness before I can post*)
(Oh my goodness... I don't know why I wrote the Galadriel part in there. Hahaha! I'm so dumb sometimes. And I was actually going to have something happen to her along the way, that would make her have to go back to Mirkwood. :) Thanks, for telling me!!!)

Siggy set made by the amazing Lembas!

PostPosted: March 8th, 2012, 9:35 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Location: The Tardis, which is currently parked in Rivendell.

((sorry! my muse is not cooperating with lord of the rings right now...I've been thinking about my own story and Doctor Who pretty much non-stop for the past couple of weeks, and so yeah... anyhoo, and i have a huge headache so :-( ))

Legolas stood up. "Thank you for your condolences, your assistance is appretiated in our time of need. However, what you are suggesting is extreamly dangerus. And will cost many their lives."

Married the Tenth Doctor 2/26/12

PostPosted: March 8th, 2012, 9:47 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

"It need not cost many lives," Eruraina replied. "Sitting and trying to defend yourself will only bring the destruction of the Mirkwood elves. If the goblins keep coming, then surely the strength of the elves will diminish. Sending those willing and able will help, or if anything, give hope."

(It's fine, Ness. We understand.)

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: March 8th, 2012, 9:58 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Legolas sighed. She was right.
"She is right you know, sire." Hareth said.

((haha. good. btw my younger brother now watches dr who cause i made him!!! and he loves it.))

PostPosted: March 29th, 2012, 1:36 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

"M'lord, I am volunteering to do this. And I am sure one of your warriors, whom I met on the battle field, Amara, would also be more than willing to volunteer. Allow me to find her, and maybe a select few others to go on this venture," Eruraina asked, her eyes showing the concern that she held for Mirkwood, even if it wasn't her home land.

~~~

"You know, we once volunteered for a mission that everyone said would be doomed. That we would all perish in our attempt to save Middle-Earth. And in the end only two of us died, and one of them came back to us. We succeeded. Just because it's dangerous, should not stop them from trying," Gimli told Legolas...

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: March 30th, 2012, 11:38 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Legolas turned to Gimli. "Thank you for reminding me of that, Gimli." he said to his friend. "Hareth, do you know this Amara? The name sounds familar to me."
"I know who she is, sire." Hareth said. "I can find her and send her here."
"Do that." Legolas said.
"Yes sire."

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2012, 5:06 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I would like to join with two charecters. I hope that you like them.

Name: Anarion

Race: Sylvan Elf/Human

Height: 6'11

Family: Father(Arathorn), Twin-Brother (Aragorn), Mother(Gilraen),

Animals: Dog(Black Lab)-Anaamarth, Snke(King Cobra)-Ardagnir,Silver Winged Falcon-Feael, Black Horse-Shadowfang Younger Brother to Shadowfax.

Weapons: Twin Blades, Nauralogos and Naurgwaen, Long Blade, Flambard, Called Faerdagnir, Twin Daggers, Sack of Throwwing Darts made from the dried bones of Animals that he has eatten, and Orks has have killed, Gauntlants with short claws at the ends of the knuckles, and a dark wood Long Bow.

Personality: He is a bit of a smart alec, and likes to make sarcastic jokes. He is a dedicated friend, and would lay down his life if it meant saving one of his friends. He is slow to anger, but has to watch himslef so that he doesn't lose his temper at the wrong time. He is a wild fighter, because he chooses to let loose his anger during combat.

Appearance: He has black heir, grey eyes, he has a really well built body, his ears start to look like an elfs then curve off. He whears a long sleaved black shirt, long black pants, black boots, a long black cloack, and a necklice with a dragons head. He has a pair of Gauntlents that have a dragons head designed on them with cremson stones that rest in the dragons eyes. He also has a black quiver with a silver dragon wrapping around it, and his Longbow has two dragons connected at there tails. He can also twist the ends of his bow off, which look like dragons talons, to use his bow as a walking stick, or a fightting staff.

History: He was born the youngest of the twins. They where fraternal and not identicle twins. His parents decided to send him to live with a friend couple of thies within the Dunedain, so that if anyone ever descovered their heritage and tried to kill them then they wouldn't all die. He was given the name Anarion, as well as the Dunedain name Zôrzagar. His adopitive father died when he was fifteen, and his adoptive mother died when he was twenty. He had grown over the years into one of the best warriors of the Dunedain. When he was thirty he was sent on a quest with Araorn, and when it was copleted they visited thier mother who upon seeing her youngest son broke down crying, and told them of what thier parents had done. He grew to be close to his brother, and birth parents. When out hunting one day, when he was forty, he met Gror, and they decided to travel together, and became close friends. Gror tought him how to use every plant usefully as for healing, food, or as a weapon against an enemy. He treveled many times through Mirkwood over the years and had become a good friend of the royal family there. He is nicknamed, The Dragon, beaucse of his furious fighting style, and all of the depictions of dragons that he has on him.

Name: Gror

Race: Dwarf

Height: 4'5

Family: Gloin(Father), Gimli(Twin-brother)

Weapons: 8 throwing axes, 8 poison axes, twin medium axes, and 1 Battel axe

Personality: He is a kind soul who loves a good time, but he also is a mighty warrior. He enjoys studying plants that could be best used as healling herbs, as a powerful poisons against his enemies, as well as just for regular use in food.

Appearance: He wears a brown shirt, brown pants, a brown tunic, and brown boots. He carries his throwing axes around his waist on his belt, he carries his poison axes on his arms and legs, 2 on each of them, he has his twin medium axes that hang upside down in the form of an X on his back, and his battel axe hang's between his twin medium axes on his back. He is slimmer then most dwarfs, he is also alot more well built then other dwarfs, his beared is black and reaches down to his belly.

History: He is the younger twin of Gimli, and studied as a blacksmith, and a warrior. However he decided thar he preferred the forest to caves, and working with plants to working with metals. So he started moving around living with Elf’s to learn whatever he can about different plants, and the forests, and animals that lived in them. While out gathering plants one day he met Anarion, and they decided to travel together. They have become very close friends, and he has even tought Anarion much of whar he knows about plants. His brother Gimli likes to tease him calling him "An Elf traped in the body of a Dwarf."

Previously Known As Orophin

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2012, 9:51 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

((join away!!!! I like your charries btw....thats a cool idea....))

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2012, 11:21 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Anarion and Gror where on their way to Mirkwood. They had been traveling for some time, and where both starting to get restless. Anarion yawned and looked at Gror and said "Hey Gror, I have a question." Gror gave Anarion a weary look and said "I dread to ask ye Anarion, but pray tell, what do it be?" Anarion streatched his arm up above his head, reasted his hands behind his head, and then looked to Gror with a sly smile and sad in a chldlike voice "Gror, are we there yet?" Gror turned to his friend with his right eyebrowed raised, and twitching and said "Anarion, my friend, I think the sun has sufficiently baked your brain......or what was left of it at least." Gror returned the sly smile, and Anarion laughed and said "Ha, you getting better at your jibes."

The friends then heard the sounds of horse hoves approaching. They looked in the direction of the sound and soon saw a horse and rider racing towards them. Gror gave Anarion a sidelong glance and said "What would cause someone to drivr a horse in such a manor, do you think the man has lost his sense of reason." Anarion wathched the rider for a few more seconds and then said "Well the rider may have lost thier sense of reason, however I am sure that she would not appreciate you calling her a him." Gror gave Anarion adaughtful exspression, and said "She, what makes you so sure." Anarion smailed and said "Hey it's me, of course I'm sure." Gror stared at the rider intently for a few second and then let out a sigh and said "Anarion, I think you may be right, again." Anarion justed sighed as the rider came closer.

((OOC: Hopefully Amara will answer know, and we'll be able to get everyone back together again. :p :lol: ))

PostPosted: April 12th, 2012, 1:23 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

((OOC: OK, well Amara hasn't been on the site for some time, and I even messaged her in the hopes that she might have her profile set up so it would send her n update if someone messaged her, but clearly to no avail. So I'm going to post again, and try to bring this back to life.))

Gror looked over at Anarion and said "You do realize that she isn't slowing her pace at all?" Anarion nodded his head in agreement and then said "Yes, I have noticed this my friend. Maybe we should..." both of them together then shouted "JUMP!" and doged out of the way. Gror then stoud up, spitting grass out of his mouth and said "Well, we were both right. She was a woman, and she was clearly off her rocker. Can we please be on our way to Mirkwood know?" Anarion stood up dusting himself off, and stiffling a laugh after seeing his friend spit out the grass and said "Yes, let us be on out, but perhaps we should hasten our voyage."

Anarion let out a loud whistle, and his black stallion rode up to him, at the same time as a falcon came and landed on his outstreatched arm, as well a king cobra came slithering up around his left leg then up his cheast finally coming to a reast around his shoulders, and a large black lab ran to his side. He then looked at the falcon, and said "Feael, take to the air, make sure our passage is clear. Warn us if there should there be any sign of danger."

The falcon then took to the air as Anarion lept onto the saddle that was set on the stallions back, and reached his hand down to Gror. Right as the Dwarf took his friends hand he was swiftly brought up into the saddle behind his friend. Gror pulled out his twin hand axes just in case they ran into trouble. Then they where off. The Stallion practickly flying over the land with the lab by its side. Soon they reached Mirkwood dodging bodies of both elves, and orks, they made there way into the city, and up to the palace.

Anarion pulled the stallions reins to halt him, and then he, and Gror, jumped off. Anarion stretched his right arm toward the saddle, and the snake quickly slithered onto it, while at the same time the falcon landed on the horses head. He then looked at the three animals, and the lab, and said "Stay put." He, and Gror then swiftly went inside. As the doors swung open Anarion started to call "Legolas, King Thranduil, are you here, is everyone OK, what's happened here?"

((OOC: Hopefully this will help get us back on coarse.))

PostPosted: April 12th, 2012, 10:45 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Legolas stood up as he heard the voices echo through the halls of his underground palace. "Hareth, would you please go and bring who ever is there, here?"
Hareth nodded and went to see who it was.

PostPosted: April 13th, 2012, 8:20 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

((OOC: Don't forget that Legolas, and Anarion are supposed to know each other well, and Gror would have met Legolas a few times also, and then of course he would know his brother also. :p ))

An elf that Anarion thought he might have met before, but ouldn't be sure, walked up to them, and Anarion said to him "I'm Anarion, son of Arathorn, my companion is Gror, son of Gloin. I'm a friend of his majesty, King Thranduil, and his son Legolas. Please, are they both alright, if so, can you take me to them, and can you tell me what has befallen Mirkwood." Anarion stood waiting the elf's answer, worry clear on his face. Gror looked at his friend wih sympathy, hoping that they would, at least for once, get good news, as unlikely as that was.

PostPosted: April 13th, 2012, 9:16 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

"I am Hareth, King Legolas's steward." Hareth said. "King Thranduil fell in this blasted war."

PostPosted: April 14th, 2012, 8:22 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

The shock was clear on both of thier faces as Anarion, and Gror, herd that King Thranduil was dead. Anarion then looked at Hareth, and said "If you will, please, take us to Legolas...to the King." Anarions eyes where sad, and hs voice was cracking. It was clear that he was trying to keep his composure.

PostPosted: April 19th, 2012, 4:21 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Hareth nodded and led the way.
Legolas stood up surprised as Anarion came in. "Anarion!" he exclaimed, surprised.
((my computer is broken right now.....so ill reply when i can....))

PostPosted: April 20th, 2012, 2:33 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Anarion walked up, and placed his hands on Legolas' shoulders, and said "Legolas, my friend. I've just been told of what has transpired here. I am sorry, if only myself, and Gror, could have arrived sooner than perhaps your father would still be with us this day, but I am happy to see that you have not fallen to these attacks as well. Please, tell me what I can do to help things here."

Gror looked around as Anarion spoke to Legolas, and soon he spotted Gimli. He walked over, and looked at him for a second, and said "I must be going mad. Surly, you are not here amongst the Elves, my brother. For was it not you who said that keeping company with Elves was a disgrace to all of Dwarf kind, and yet I Find you here, in a palace of the Elves?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next