Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Seige of Mirkwood
PostPosted: May 2nd, 2012, 12:09 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(Wow, okay, sorry for my absence and not replying. I had kind of forgotten about this rpg. But, um... can I just point out how MS TWIN brothers of cannon characters is? Especially that they both are twins. Gror being a twin of Gimli, I could see possible. But I'm sorry Anarion is just too much for my Tolkeinite side to handle. I'm not bashing, they're good characters. But Aragorn having a twin brother just doesn't fit at all. Even if he was adopted away at a young age. You could say my Ringer voice in my head that loves LotR to a fault was like "...I guess it could work" for Gror but screamed "NO!" for Aragorn.... I could see a distant cousin working better(I have a ranger character that is a distant cousin of Aragorn(on his mother's side), even though he's not very close to Aragorn. Man, I kind of miss rping with my character Gain(pronounced guy-in). But after getting that out of my system, I mean no offense or anything, it's your characters, so I'll play along with it.)

Eruraina had to almost sigh with relief when Legolas finally gave in and accepted that she could go on this mission since she had volunteered.
"Thank you, m'lord. I think, that at the very least, I may be able to rekindle hope," she said to Legolas, and also nodded thanks to Gimli for the support. That was right before there was a yelling of voices in the main hall. Eruraina took a step back and watched as Hareth went and led two people into the room. A very odd pair, Eruraina thought. A ranger, one of the Dunadain by the look of him, and a dwarf. She was ignored for the moment, but she supposed it was all the better...

~~~~

Gimli nodded back to Eruraina, and looked up at his friend, Legolas. He could tell that a great weight was on his shoulders. He no longer had the light hearted air that he had held when they first began their journey from Rivendell during the War of the Ring. But then, it was a time of heavy hearts.
Then a familiar face came up to him, joking about the fact that Gimli was among elves.
"Gror, shut your trap. You know little of what has changed me. When you have laid eyes upon that which is fairest, the gold and jewels of the mines loose their luster and you seek to hopefully see it again," Gimli replied to him, his hand going to his belt and a small pouch that hung there. Inside was a small thing, insignificant to all but this particular dwarf. Inside were three strands of golden hair from the Lady of Light. "So do not criticize me, brother. For also when you fight a war side by side with a pointy eared elvish princeling that becomes your friend, you go to stand your support for him. For is it not our dwarven way to be loyal to our friends?"

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2012, 12:01 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Gror smiled at Gimli, and then said "Aye brother, we Dwarves are loyal to the end. No matter the foe, or the outcome. I would never leave any of my companions behind. However, I must ask, what was able to affect such a change in you, or was it more along the lines of a who?"

Previously Known As Orophin

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2012, 1:41 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

"It is both, dear brother. A war where a man, an elf, and a dwarf fought side by side against orc, uruk-kai, and undead. Against pirates and armies and oliphants. And then seeing a sight that no dwarf had laid eyes on before. The Lady of Light herself. I will call nothing in this world fair compared to her, less it be her gift to me," Gimli replied to Gror.

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2012, 1:00 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Gror smiled, and said "You weren't the only dwarf fighting this war. Me, Anarion, and some of the other Rangers where leading a resistance force in the north. Trying to keep everything as safe as we could up there, while doing whatever we could to stop assistance from answering the call of Mordor. I'm glad you found someone to capture you in such a way, but I'm sorry that you may never see her again."

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2012, 1:06 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

"Well, off protecting strange lands we both were. And from what I heard war had marched on the Lonely Mountain as well and they could have used our help. But we can't be in two places at once, and that war is over and we're not too worst for wear, I suppose. And it doesn't matter if I shall never gaze upon her beauty again. A memory and a gift will suffice me, brother," Gimli replied to Gror.

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2012, 4:20 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Gror laughed, and said "I'm sure that our dwarven brethren would not hold our absence against us, especially after they realize what we where doing. I'm glad that meting the lady has brought you such happiness my brother, and glad that you'll stop messing with me about the fact that I enjoy spending my time amongst elves." he said the last part in a jest.

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2012, 4:24 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

"Hah, who says I will stop? It is events that have changed this heart. You were born with a strange mind, so there is a difference," Gimli said, but his voice was light as he jested in return to Gror...

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2012, 11:28 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Location: The Tardis, which is currently parked in Rivendell.

"Thank you, my friend." Legolas said. "currently, your presense will be a comfort. I could use some advice."

Married the Tenth Doctor 2/26/12

PostPosted: May 5th, 2012, 1:22 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

"What kind of advice would you ask of me, my friend." Anarion asked in reply.

Gror smiled slyly at Gimli, and said "It won't make any difference to the other dwarves how we came to both think in such a way. All they will think of is the fact that we do. Poor father, everyone is going to think he children have gone mad."

PostPosted: May 5th, 2012, 8:01 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Name: Areanne Silverleaf

Race: Wood Elf (Sindarin)

Place of origin: Mirkwood

Personality: Areanne is skittish and when overwhelmed she panics. She is uncomfortable in the presence of others, and thus lives on the southern outskirts of Mirkwood in isolation. She holds hefty grudges and is a mite bit slow sometimes; she tends to be melodramatic. But in the end of the day, her heart is in the right place, and she does her best to hold off enemies from entering the depths of her home, even if that means fleeing and then tracking them again. She embraces her betters, and mourned King Thanduil's death heavily, but at the same time celebrated King Legolas' crowning equally as much. She is not good with words but she tries, and in her eyes that's what matters.

History: Areanne's father left to start travelling when she was 50 years old. He never returned, and they heard no news from or of him afterwards. Her mother left some time after this to search for him, leaving her to keep the shack and fend for herself; fortunately, her mother had thought of teaching her to hunt and basic defense. Before she left, Areanne's mother Arendith told her, "Remember these words until they cannot aid you any longer: Remember your graces and blessings, and remember that there is no shame in the art of escaping; it is a skill that many overlook and undermine until the last second, when it is needed most direly. There is only shameand deserting friends who need your aid; I bid you farewell, and may your path be brighter than mine."

PostPosted: May 5th, 2012, 8:11 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Areanne watched some figures near her shack with wide, still eyes, heart in her throat. They were large figures with an almost swaggering walk, and there were at least four. They did not speak, and they did not grunt or snarl like orcs; but they could be large men, and Areanne shuddered at the thought of them. The figures halted and one of them groaned. "We're lost," he said in a strange accent. "We're bloody lost! I told you we should have followed the road! This ain't Bree! This is Mirkwood or Lothlorien or some'tin of the sort!"
Another figure snorted. "Lead the way, then, if ye know yer ways so well."
And so they turned away from Mirkwood, and when they were out of view, Areanne sighed in relief.

PostPosted: May 6th, 2012, 8:35 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Areanne drew her daggers stealthily and huddled her black cloak around her. Her dark eyes glinted with the fire of a predator upon prey, and she eyed the lone orc scouting ahead of his pack. She crept on, merely an elf-girl in the murk, and untl finally, she could feel the warm, thick stench of the orc's breath as she trod in front of her. She lept out of her hiding place sliced wildly, fellin the horrid thing.

"When in doubt, flail until they're dead, I suppose," she thought, kicking the orc's carcass just to make sure. She froze as she heard other footsteps thunder behind her. Three larger orcs had heard the skirmish.

Oh no.

These were Uruk-Hai.

Areanne poised for two reasons: One to fight for dear life, and one to flee for dear life.

PostPosted: May 6th, 2012, 8:37 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Areanne stared in horror as another orc, bigger than the rest, strutted behind them, snarling and complaining and kicking anything in his path. When he saw Areanne, his eye lit up with the same fire hers indulged in naught but a few minutes ago. He roared with mocking laughter and as did his followers.

Last edited by Areanne on May 8th, 2012, 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: May 6th, 2012, 6:32 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Location: The Tardis, which is currently parked in Rivendell.

((yay! new person! I love new people! Welcome!))

Legolas sighed. "That's something i'm not sure of. How to win this war would be useful, but not very practical I'm afraid."

Married the Tenth Doctor 2/26/12

PostPosted: May 6th, 2012, 7:04 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

(Haha, thanks. :happy: )

Areanne gazed in horror at the looming figures in front of her. Four huge Uruk-Hai, baying with horrible laughter, towered mercilessly over her. The alpha stepped up, his face a contorted expression of cruel jest. "An elf-girl! Ha! She's got her little knives, ready to slice us all up! She looks mighty tasty to me. Oh, but where are her parents? Left her all alone to fend for herself, poor thing. Come on boys! Let's put 'er outta her misery!" The largest one barked insults as the cackling monsters advanced. Indeed, the dark eyes of Areanne were wide in sheer terror. She held her daggers up again, wondering whether now was the time for the art of fleeing or not.

No, she thought. I can't let them get into the city. Determination sparked within her.

"If you want me, come and get me, if you can. If not, I'll enjoy watching the wolves tear you limb from limb." She took off, ramming throught the lot of them and sprinting in haste unmeasured. The four foes roared in fury and gave quick chase; and they were none too slow in the reaction, either. So the pursuit began, leading farther and farther from the Mirkwood border. Areanne eyed the landscape around her. She could only hope the wolves were out to play tonight. To her relief and horror, she heard a baying that rose above the snarling orcs'. Within seconds all five of the runners were whipping wildly for cover as the beasts descended upon them. Areanne slashed through fen and heather, branch and vine, and once more she began to flee back to her part of the Wood, dashing from the hot breath on her heels.

PostPosted: May 7th, 2012, 7:09 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Areanne watched the wolves creep back to their dens from the bushes. She waited for the birds to return to her area, and then cautiously slipped from the shadows. She examined the bodies of the orcs, rumaging in their packs, when her hand hit something cold and metal. She grabbed hold of it and pulled up a parchment rolled up, held in place by a brooch-like pin. She undid the token and unrolled the note; but to her disappointment it was written in the Mordor writing, scrawled and unplesant to look at. Still, it held a grand air about it, as if it were something of importance; and the fact that it was written in the language of the Dark Land only ensured that it was not meant for enemy eyes. She rolled it grimly and took off towards the Mirkwood palace; Maybe no one could figure out what it meant, but she would not stand by with the scroll to find out. She remembered as she ran that King Legolas had been friends with the wizard Gandalf, who was said to have the ability to read the language. Maybe her Lord knew how to get it to him, assuing he was still in the kingdom. She trotted into the civilized area, discomfort crawling over her at the abundance of others; still she pressed on, clutching the paper as she went.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next