Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 7:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: It's all about hobbits - the Hobbiton life for me
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2012, 6:19 am 
Istari
Istari

Bilbo is preparing himself to his 111 birthaday. Whole Hobbiton lives the life of peace and full stomaches. Do you want to become a hobbit and join the fun?

---

Cason Hardbottle entered "The Green Dragon". He just left his house full of children and chatting hobbit ladies (most annoying thing in the world) and was seeking for peace. Like he could find peace in this inn! A lot of his friends were catching him in the middle of talk with bar man and he really couldn't collect his thoughts.

"Bilbo soon is doing a great party!" he said with his tubal voice. "I can't wait to see this! He is known for being unpredictable and strange. I bet his party will be also strange."

Some hobbits nodded in agreement.

Post subject: Re: It's all about hobbits - the Hobbiton life for me
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2012, 6:25 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Birif Took sneaked by the back of Cason and said him into the ear but as loud as he could.

"He is not as strange as some of us. I bet his party will be really extraordinary and even you, Hardbottle, will party well."

The same hobbits that nodded to Cason, laughed now. Birif was best friend of Cason but sometimes this lad was too...well, he didn't know how to call that. His mouth were always full of things, not necessary intelligent.

set by skitty

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2012, 1:58 pm 
Istari
Istari

"You are a Took, Birif" said Cason. "As a Took, you have as strange ideas as every Baggins. I wouldn't be surprised if most crazy thing Bilbo did, would be your favorite part of the day!"

He knew Birif from the childhood, and indeed, the Took by blood, he liked walking outside Hobbiton! Well, he thought he does well, not leaving Shire at least. He, Cason, was most stable and ordinary hobbit in whole town. You would say he WAS the town. He was always everywhere where something was happening, as long as he didn't have to walk too much.

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2012, 7:38 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Daisy Cotton and her friend Dandy Underhill chatted by the fire in the Green Dragon. Dandy had a small quart of light beer in his hand as he leaned back and made jokes to Daisy. The two had grown up together, and they found each other more like siblings than friends. Daisy laughed.
"Dandy, you've got some nerve, talkin' about those Sackville-Bagginses like that, why, you vermin, I bet you wouldn't say that to their faces!"
Dandy mocked an affended face. "I say, Daisy! Some nerve you've got, talking to a seasoned warrior in such a manner! You know I would most indefinately talk about them like that to their faces!"
Daisy cupped her hand over her mouth to keep from laughing aloud. "Keep your voice down, you little moggot, or you'll get caught and throttled!"

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2012, 6:36 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

"Pfff...I love mad things and that's why I like you" Birif cut this talk and sat on the chair near of Daisy Cotton and Dandy Underhill's table. He heard that they are laughing so he got curious.

"I also want to hear that joke" said to the friends and smiled innocently.

set by skitty

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2012, 8:30 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Daisy smirked at Dandy. "Well, go on! Tell him, seasoned warrior."
Dandy hid his panic, an dhis mind began swiftly forming up a joke.
"Erm, ah, well, I suppose so. See, where I come from, that'd be Bree, there's a good load of Southerners, y'see. They walk around, swaggering tough-like, actin' like they own the town. Well, one day I sees a group of Northerners come ridin' up into the Prancing Pony, and they're all clad up for battle, y'see. Them Southerners don't like newcomers, so naturally they started a-whisperin' to each other and a-plottin' against 'em. We couldn't see theam Northerners' faces, though they looked tough enough." He cast a glance at Daisy, who smiled and oblidged his silent plea.
"So, that night," she concluded in a sly voice, "The southerners brought the northerners out of the inn and behind the building. Normally, that'd be where I say they got a thrashing they'd not forget in a hurry- but that night, the newcomers won! And d'you know who they were, when they got back and took their helmets off?"
Her eyes sparkled mischieviously.
"Three Brandybuck hobbits! They'd chased them Southerners off, villainous tails between their legs, an' you know what they did afterwards? They ordered another round and started a'singing!"
Dandy sighed inwardly in relief.

PostPosted: July 4th, 2012, 2:53 am 
Istari
Istari

Cason heard how Birif asked two hobbits about jokes and now was listening them with curiousity.

"So that I called people with nerves!" he said at the end, revealing himself next to the bunch. "I am always behind with fights. But if we are talking about 'singing', I am first!"

And he laughed loudly.

PostPosted: July 4th, 2012, 3:09 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

"He just can't behave" smiled Birif, talking about Cason. He stood and made a bow. "Excuse my friend's bad manners."

He looked and Hardbottle, if he reacts on this small ego punch.

set by skitty

PostPosted: July 4th, 2012, 2:29 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Daisy laughed. "No, no, he's a very nice fellow! Come, sit at our table, you two. I'm Daisy Cotton, and this is Dandy Underhill."
Dandy Underhill nodded respectfully to Cason. "I agree with you, friend. Ah, but when you see them Southerners bein' chased off by the ones they 're always pushin' 'round, that gets you satisfaction, it does!" he took a swig from his mug of beer.
Daisy glared playfully at Dandy. "Are you forgetting your manners?" She shook her head apologetically. "Excuse him. He's not used to Shire ways; he's visiting from Bree. He'll be here for a week or two, then I'll be a-goin' up with him to his house. Can I get you anything?"

PostPosted: July 5th, 2012, 1:11 pm 
Istari
Istari

"But you both will stay for old Baggins' birthday party?" said Cason with curiosity. He didn't react at Birif's words.

PostPosted: July 10th, 2012, 8:30 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Daisy nodded.
"I wouldn't miss old Bilbo's parties for nothin'!"
Dandy sipped his mug. "He's crazy, he is, but he's a right old lad by me. Seems perfectly happy and gets on well even after all that about a dragon and whatnot. I wonder what trick he's goin' to pull this year."

PostPosted: July 11th, 2012, 3:46 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

"Bilbo has his ideas" Birif nodded and laughed. "I think this party we will remember for good few years, if you know what I mean. But I won't tell bad word about him, he always amused me with his stories, I was almost jealous about his journeys."

set by skitty

PostPosted: July 11th, 2012, 6:46 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Daisy nodded.
"Queer though he is, he is a remarkable one. And I could swear he's half elf by the way he writes! No words so sweet have I seen written on paper, of mountains and dragons and dwarves. It's all so marvelous, though I'd never want to get anywhere near real adventuring. Messy business, it is!"
Dandy laughed. "As if you weren't the one who came up with the idea of dragging each other across country to our seperate homes!"
Daisy's face flushed bright red. "Dandreon Underhill, you blighter, one more word from you and I'll- I'll- Argh!" She glared hotly at him, and he smirked teasingly, sipping from his mug. Daisy burst aloud laughing.

PostPosted: July 12th, 2012, 2:18 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

"You don't want adventuring...? I for the contrary doesn't mind one good adventure. Do you have something against this that I join you on the road to Bree? I want to see some world." he laughed.

set by skitty

PostPosted: July 12th, 2012, 7:36 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Dandy smiled knowingly.
"A Took, I take it? Of course you can come. I've always had my respects for the Tooks. It takes six hobbits and a half to get the guts to venture into the Old Forest or anywhere outside of the Shire."

PostPosted: July 13th, 2012, 1:12 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

(OOC: I will be controlling Cason until Cara came back)

Birif smiled, proud of his family but Cason interrupted him just when he started speaking anything.

"A Took, no more no less. He always has as strange ideas as ol' Baggins and takes life not seriously. The potatoes and cabbages are worth our attention, not adventures, I tell him every day. But he doesn't listen..."

Birif laughed "Stop, stop, before our guest from Bree will think about us as potatoes worshippers!"

set by skitty

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next