Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Into Our Time [Private]
PostPosted: June 10th, 2013, 11:32 pm 
Istari
Istari

(I did? :duh: )
"Okay!" Catharine sat down and tried to think of an excuse for Aragorn."Why would I have an Evenstar?" She thought with annoyance.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 11th, 2013, 4:20 pm 

Liadan got back just in time to see everyone finding a place at the three large tables. She had just unloaded some crates with ale, wine and mead from the trunk when some of the younger dwarves showed up in the hall. "Could you please help me to get those to the dining hall? They contain ale, mead, and wine, even though you might not recognize them as such." After making sure everything had made it to the table, she started pouring drinks in every mug and cup she could find. "Please help yourself to drinks! We also have clear water if anyone prefers that!" She then sat down at one of the few remaining seats, squished in between Dwalin and Gloin.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gloin gave the girl a suspicious glance before carrying on his conversation with his son Gimli, who had just told him about their journey so far. He was proud to hear of his son's endavours, though he had expected nothing less from the stout and fearless lad. All the other dwarves seemed perfectly happy at the moment, diving into their food like they hadn't eaten for days on end. Soon the air was filled with slurping and smacking noises.

PostPosted: June 11th, 2013, 6:07 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Christiana's table was filled with dwarves. She felt uneasy as Nori, Ori, and Bofur slurped their ales beside and across from her. The table was filled with cheese when Bombur took a seat at the head of the table. Oh no, Chris thought. She saw an empty seat at the end of her table beside Fili and took that instead. She stood up, and just as she sat down at her new seat, Oin took her old spot. Chris looked around. Fili to her right, Kili next to Fili, then Ori, Bombur at the head, Nori across from Ori, Bofur, Bifur and Oin. She looked at Liadan and mouthed, "Why do I have to get the worst dwarves at my table?" Then she went back to her second biscuit. The dwarves were devouring every single piece of food they could find! At least her candy stash was safe.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Kili looked at the girl, who stood up and sat down next to his brother. Then he went back to a conversation with Ori and Fili. "Ale on the count of three?" he suggested. They all raised their mugs and clashed them together. "One, two, up!" a dwarf yelled and they all drank, half of the stuff going down their beards, however long or short they were.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Merry watched as the dwarves drank their ales. He nudged Pippin and they jumped onto the table. Then they started half-singing, half-yelling, a song from the Shire. "...you can keep your fancy ales, you can drink them by the flagon, but the only brew for the brave and true ... COMES FROM THE GREEN DRAGON!"
-----------------------------------------------------
Ori finished his ale and launched out a big burp. The dwarves laughed, but the elf and a few other people present just stared. He shrugged and looked around, catching a glare from Dori. He ignored it and started laughing with the others.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 12th, 2013, 4:52 am 

(Hi everyone, I also posted something in the "There and Back Again thread", but my internet will be down for the next few days. Don't let me hold you up, just continue and take over my characters if that's needed ;-) I'll join you again when my internet is working again!)

PostPosted: June 13th, 2013, 8:08 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Okie dokes, Lhun :) We'll miss you!)
Christiana couldn't help but laugh along with the dwarves. Didn't you wish for a moment like this more than once? she thought to herself. Dwarves are awesome, the other side replied. She glanced at Legolas and Aragorn, who didn't look like they felt comfortable with all this stuff happening. She just shrugged it off. This is fun, she thought as she got some more food. Chris tossed a cube of cheese into the air and caught it with her mouth, smiling contentedly as she chewed. She tossed it up again but this time one of the dwarves caught it. "Hey!" she exclaimed. "Who was that?" Her whole table exploded with laughter.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 16th, 2013, 5:02 am 
Istari
Istari

"You look like a Dwarf!" joked Cate. Aragorn and Legolas nodded their agreement. "You might want to act more dignified, they will find it hard to take you seriously!" she warned in a whisper. When she got up and got some more food, Ori bumped into her and spilt it onto the floor. "ORI!" She yelled. "What was that for?" The other dwarves exploded into laughter and Cate sat down with a shake of her head. "They are so funny, you cant stay angry with them for long!"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 16th, 2013, 4:03 pm 

(I'm back! At least as long as my internet doesn't work agains me ;-) )

Liadan looked around with a amused feeling: the room was a mess, crumbs and drops had been spilled all over the table, and more than one mouthful was currenly squished on the floor. But everyone seemed to have a good time, apart from Legolas who was showing hints of disgust every now and then. The hobbits were still singing one of their songs, most dwarves finally started to relax in their seats and Gandalf overlooked everything with a little smile. After finishing everything on her plate, she walked over to the other girls. "How about we clean all this up, and then have some conversation about what we're going to do next. Maybe not involving everyone at once."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thorin didn't feel hungry anymore, but he was determined not to let his guard down despite the apparent good intentions of his hosts. Even though the young women had provided his company with good food, mead and ale, they still hadn't explained anything about the strange house they lived in. Do they all live here together? Is there no husband or father to defend their honour? And what are these strange sources of light that start glowing without fire? He mused in silence. A quick glance learned that the younger dwarves in his company were starting to get more relaxed and were becoming more and more like their usual pranking selves.

PostPosted: June 16th, 2013, 8:56 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Chris desperately tried to stop laughing as she played Chubby Bunny with the dwarves. She just introduced the game to them and every time she burst out laughing. Finally she turned to Liadan and took a deep breath. "Yeah, once everyone's done eating, or the food's all gone, then we'll take them not one by one but maybe first The Fellowship, then the Company? And discuss stuff, and show them a tour around the house maybe so they don't get lost? And if they have any questions they should ask them and stuff," she said. She turned back to the dwarves. "Think fast, Fili!" she yelled as she tossed an apple chip in his direction. He caught it and stuffed it in his mouth. Everyone burst out laughing. Then the phone rang. "Oh, no. Excuse me!" she yelled as she ran to get the phone. Some of them covered their ears. "What's that sound?" someone yelled. She picked up the phone. "Hello?" "Chris, is that you?" "Mom? Oh, no." "Is there anything wrong, honey? It sounds pretty loud there. Oh, that's right, you're watching Lord of the Rings." "Yes, we're fine, mom, nothing's wrong." "Okay, just checking! And your brother called me to say that they're going camping, so you'll be alone in the house for a while. You'll be okay?" "Yup, I'll be alright!" "Okay, gotta go! Bye, honey, stay safe!" "Bye, mom." Christiana hung up and sighed. Everyone was looking at her. "Yay," she said. She walked over to her friends. "Mom called. Siblings going camping. Home alone. Hope everything's going to be okay while everyone's gone," she reported. She sat back down at her seat and everyone started talking again.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 16th, 2013, 11:10 pm 
Elf
Elf

Alyssa had a headache from all the loud talking but that didnt stop her from laughing with the others. (Sorry for my absence)

PostPosted: June 17th, 2013, 4:47 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

For the rest of the meal Christiana sat down and ate quietly. After the phone call, 'the serious people', as Chris called them in her mind, talked in hushed whispers. Once everyone was finished Chris stood up and started collecting the dishes but the dwarves immediately stood up and started cleaning up, just as they did in Bag End.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 18th, 2013, 7:17 am 

Liadan had gotten up together with Chris, but she immediately sat down again when some of the dwarves started gathering plates and bowls. After watching the scene from "the Hobbit" for several times, she decided not to stand in their way while they juggled with the porcelain and threw cutlery at each other. She even slumped down a bit to prevent the flying objects from hitting her head on their way through the air. When looking at the others she noticed that Boromir was giving the dwarves curious looks, and the hobbits seemed delighted by the suddent turn of events.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thorin was still sipping the last of his mead when the others got up to clean. Every now and then he gave Gandalf a suspicious glance: it was undoubtedly the same man that had joined them on their journey, but he looked different. Older and more troubled, although that could also be explained by their current situation. He cleared his throat and said "Well then, who is going to explain to me what is going on here? And more importantly, what can be done about it?"

PostPosted: June 18th, 2013, 4:48 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Chris had been laughing as some of the dwarves sang and cleaned up but she and everyone else froze when Thorin finally spoke. Christiana didn't want to answer, since she herself did not know what was going on. But she had to talk, she had to say something. She had to say what she knew. Thorin really sounded impatient, so she had to speak up. NOW. Tiana took a deep breath. "From my point of view it seems to me that nobody really knows what is going on. I don't know what's going on, although it might seem like it. All I know is this: today I invited my friends Alyssa, Catharine, Liadan, Richard and Eva over to my house, which you are in, to watch a movie. I'm going to have to save the explanation of 'movie' for later. Anyway. Only Liadan, Catharine and Alyssa came so we started watching. Suddenly we heard someone talk. We looked around the house and we found The Fellowship of the Ring, which is Legolas, Aragorn, Gandalf, Merry, Pippin, Frodo, Samwise and Boromir. They went on a quest to destroy the One Ring in TA 3018. I went downstairs to the basement and I found you and your company, you know them, but I know some of the others don't, so I'll have to explain. Thorin and Company is made of Thorin Oakenshield, Kili, Fili, Ori, Dori, Nori, Gloin, Oin, Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, Dwalin, Balin, Gandalf and Mr. Bilbo Baggins." As she said each name she gestured or pointed to each person. After a short pause, she took a deep breath, turned to the Fellowship and continued, "They went on a quest to reclaim Erebor in TA 2941."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Kili was confused. He had to say something. "How do you know all this? You are not from Middle Earth but you look like you know a lot about our world," he said loudly, still holding a plate.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Merry agreed with the dwarf who spoke. "Yes, how do you know? How do you know about all our quests and our names, and by the sound of it how do you know half of our lives? I apologize for sounding rude," Merry burst in.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Christiana felt like she had to tell them about Tolkien and basically everything. She got The Hobbit, The Silmarillion and The Lord of the Rings from a nearby shelf. "This is going to be a long story, and I apologize in advance if I make any mistakes. Um....Liadan, Cate, Alyssa, if you guys want to add something, just go ahead, don't care if I'm still talking. I would suggest that everyone take a seat first, then we'll start." Everyone sat down, and then Chris settled down into a seat. She laid the books down gently in front of her. "These books are The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings and The Silmarillion. In each of these books there is a story about Middle Earth. The Hobbit contains the quest for Erebor, The Lord of the Rings contains the Fellowship of the Ring's quest and the Silmarillion contains the beginning of Middle Earth. That answers your question. How do I know? I've read these books. WE'VE read these books." She paused and thought about what to say.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 18th, 2013, 8:37 pm 
Elf
Elf

"Can I handle this?" asked Alyssa. She pulled a copy of the Fellowship out of her bag and started quoting. Then she pulled the Hobbit out of her bag and did the same. Everyone stared at her. She tried to hide behind Chris.

PostPosted: June 19th, 2013, 11:54 am 

What is a movie? Who are all these people she's mentioning? What is going on here? What strange magic is at work here? Thorins thoughts tumbled over each other and he needed a moment to sort them out before he could speak again. "How did you come by these books with our history? Our quest to Erebor has not even been completed yet and we have been travelling in secret, so how do you know about our journey? And are you saying that this other group of people is actually from our future?" The girl hadn't explained anything, she had merely added more questions to his already confused mind.
Gimli and Gloin sat together silently. They had already figured out that something went very wrong, seeing as their two traveling companies had met each other even though there were 80 years between the two journeys. Even though Gimli was still keeping his axe close at hand might any more strange events occur, Gloin mainly felt sorry for the young girls who were currently trying to explain their situation to everyone. He tried to give them an encouraging smile, but wasn't sure whether they could see his smile through his beard.
Liadan felt lost. This was certainly not going as planned. Although she liked the idea of showing them the books written by Tolkien, it only seemed to add to their confusion. On top of that, they now had an angry and confused Thorin to deal with, and Dwalin didn't look to happy either. "Thanks Alyssa. Let me try to give an additional explanation. As you have probably all seen, you are no longer in Middle Earth. In fact, you are not even in your own era anymore. You are in a land we call America, in the year 2013 on our calendar. Yet, the stories of your journeys have still been forwarded, which is why we know who you are even though you don't know who we are. So let's have some formal introductions: I am Liadan, daughter of Conor." She looked around expectantly, hoping that some introductions might make feel everyone at ease.

PostPosted: June 19th, 2013, 2:23 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(@Lhun Oh, good! Someone chose the location for me :P Although I live in Canada XD)
Christiana smacked her forehead. I'm not helping, she thought. She stood up. "And I am Christiana, daughter of Raphael and Elizabeth," she said, trying to sound calm. (Just got these from my head, had to find a name for my parents, lol) She sat back down, trying to stay calm and take deep breaths. One by one, the Fellowship and the dwarves stood up and introduced themselves. She looked at Liadan and mouthed, Sorry, I'm just messing up! I really don't know what to do! She put her head in her hands. This isn't working. After the introductions she had to say something. "Sorry for all this confusion that I have started. Look, none of us know exactly what's going on, and we're trying the best we can to explain this to you but...Anyway if this isn't working just tell us. And if you have any questions just say it. I don't want any arguments or fights and I'm pretty sure none of you do, so please please PLEASE try to contain your anger, exasperation, blah blah blah," she said, knowing that she was a hypocrite because she herself sounded very annoyed and exasperated. Chris sat back down and sighed.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 19th, 2013, 4:12 pm 

(I can still change it to Canada :p I just picked the US because I figured the majority of those involved in this RPG live there, but maybe I'm very wrong. Let me know if it needs changing ;-) )

"Don't worry, we'll figure it out" Liadan mouthed back at Chris. Even though she couldn't come up with a solution at this point, she was happy that everyone had stopped looking angry and annoyed now that they had formally introduced themselves. Suddenly Balin stood up and after a nod to Thorin he said: "Young ladies, thank you for your efforts. I think it would be best if we could now retreat somewhere with our company and discuss the current situation amongst ourselves. Maybe Gandalf could even join us to councel us on this matter?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dwalin scoffed at the courteous words of his older brother. Balin had always had his way with words and knew how to formulate them without offending anyone. Dwalin himself preferred to solve conflicts with his axes, although he also knew that would not be of much help in this situation. He snatched an apple from a nearby table and got up. "Where shall we gather to discuss?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next