Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Over hill, over dale....The Journey of the Three
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2017, 10:16 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama fell ever deeper into Athilda's eyes, and he smiled. He said,

"Then let us go back in, and we will meander our way through the Hall toward the door. Hopefully we can depart without too much delay.”

He took her arm in his and they walked slowly back toward the door to the Great Hall. When they entered, Dunhama gave a nod to Hanasian and looked to Durian and said to him,

”My wife is weary and wishes to rest. We will be leaving soon.”

Durian smiled and said,

“I thought it may come that you and your bride would wish to go soon. Some of your Rohirrim comrades have made arrangements to have a carriage take you to your place of rest, and, if you look, they have a reception line ready for your departure!”

Durian and Athilda looked out, and the Rohirrim soldiers of Dunhama’s company lined one side, and most of the Dunedain Rangers lined the other side. They stood at attention and were ready to make and hold an arch for them to walk through when they approached. Many others stood ready to throw rose petals. Dunhama put his arm around Athilda and gave her a gentle hug. He looked over at her and asked,

”Are you ready for this my love?”

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 24th, 2017, 9:47 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Kano sat with an expecting look on his face as Gaelrin began her slow response. With each word he felt the anticipation grow inside, though his face remained calm. Then, with that one word, “...yes...” his already smiling face beamed even brighter.

He reached over and dared to take Gaelrin’s hand in his and looked into her eyes. “I’m honored, trully. Honored and very fortunate that no other young man had already won your affections.”

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: October 24th, 2017, 10:41 am 
Ent
Ent

Athilda's eyes sparkled as she gazed into her husbands' eyes, and as they walked into the Great Hall, she couldn't keep the smile from her face. She felt truly, and deeply happy.
Color rose to her cheeks as Durian told them of the procession and carriage that awaited them, and as she looked down the line of men on either side, her heart fluttered.
She didn't deserve any of this, but when she looked up at Dunhama, she realized that it wasn't for her. It was all for him.
Her smile resumed and she nodded then squeezed his hand and walked beside him under the raised swords of the Rohirriam brethren and the Dunedain Rangers.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Butterflies filled Gaelrin's stomach and her heart raced as Kano reached out and touched her hand. His hand was soft, albeit calloused from wielding a sword, but she didn't mind. It only reflected the determination and focus that she saw in him.
A smile rose to her face and when she looked at him, a sudden desire to kiss him arose. But she stifled it for fear of appearing to forward.
"I...I am touched and honored that you would see something in me to like. I've never had any suitors before, so I'm not sure of the rules of courtship....but I do like you....very much."

PostPosted: October 24th, 2017, 12:39 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Kano smiled, “Well, that’s probably an upside for me... if you don’t know the rules then you wont know if I break them.” He smiled and looked at her. Almost as if he could feel her desire towards him he felt pulled towards her, like two magnets pulled towards one another by an unseen force. He leaned his face close to hers and spoke softly, “Though I find it hard to imagine no suiters have taken an interest in you. Either way... since we are both unfamiliar with the rules of courtship...” his words trailed off as he closed the gap between them and brushed his lips against before kissing her softly.

PostPosted: October 24th, 2017, 9:05 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

The shower of rose petals was thick as the cheers went up. They went outside to find the grey dampness of the darkening skies meeting them with spits of cold spring rain. The well-wishers flooded out, continuing to throw the rose petals and they began to stick to them. The carriage was a small one, and for the most part open, and Dunhama helped Athilda up into the seat before climbing up himself. A slight clanging sound could be heard as the horse shifted. The guys had tied a few old helms to the back to make noise as they rode away. Dunhama looked at Athilda, so beautiful with rose petals stick to her hair and dress, and he too had them all over him. They looked out and waved a farewell to those who stood there, and Dunhama saw Wulgov walking up.

”I saved this one for you.”

He handed Dunhama an old bottle of rare wine, and he gave him a nod of thanks,before signalling the driver to go. His last sight was that of Railan watching them go. There was no smile on her face.

He sat leaned to Athilda, asking,

”Do we know where this place we are going is?”

Athilda looked at the key Eowyn had givn her, and the driver said,

”I have been instructed by Lady Eowyn where to take you. All is well.”

Dunhama sighed. Save for the driver of the carriage, they were finally alone, married. He looked at his beautiful wife next to him and he leaned over and took her lips to his.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 24th, 2017, 9:28 pm 
Ent
Ent

Gaelrin's glanced down at their hands that were twined together, but when she raised her gaze, her heart skipped a beat at the nearness of his face...his lips. Her cheeks were already a rosy color, but as he leaned closer to her, she closed her eyes, wondering if he could feel the heat of her now scarlet cheeks.
The hairs on her arms stood up and butterflies fluttered around her stomach as she felt his lips brush against hers. Her heart soared as he pressed his lips gently against hers and for that moment, nothing was wrong in the world. She was safe, and-dare she think it? Happy?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Athilda laughed as they walked through the procession of men and women throwing rose petals, and when they finally made it to the carriage, she looked up at her husband and smiled broadly. Although there were rose petals stuck to his hair and his clothing, it did nothing to take away from his stature and handsomeness.
As they were waving to the crowd, her smile began to fade at the approach of Wulgov. Thankfully though, it was a short interaction, and soon the sound of metal hitting each other and the soft earth mixed with the cheering of the crowd sent them off as they rode away.
Athilda looked at her husband, then glanced down at the key she held, and was about to say something, when suddenly, she was in her husbands arms with his lips on hers.
"Dunhama..." She whispered underneath his lips, before wrapping her hands around his neck and kissing him back.

PostPosted: October 25th, 2017, 5:12 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

As their lips met Kano felt bliss like energy flow threw him. The soft touch of Gaelrin’s lips, the scent and taste... He thought perhaps this joy could overshadow all the evil in the world.

As much as he longed to draw out the moment Kano let the kiss linger only a short while before pulling away. “I hope you don’t mind,” he said. Though perhaps a fault of his, Kano often lived by the moto “Tis better to ask forgiveness than permission.”

He gazed into Gaelrin’s eyes with a soft smile. His own eyes gleamed back a satisfaction and contentment that seldom had they known. He had thought to go off to wat for Rohan... to fight in the cavelry by Eomer’s side. Now... now he was not so sure. Could he leave this? Could he leave her?

PostPosted: October 25th, 2017, 7:20 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Their embrace was tight and their kiss was long. Dunhama felt like his happiness could grow no further until he took his next breath. The scent of Athilda carried him further to new heights, and he felt himself warming all through his body. When the driver stopped and the clanging helms stopped, he broke their kiss to see if there was some problem. The driver dismounted and drew a knife, causing Dunhama to tense.

”No worries lovebirds. There are no more crowds, so I’m just going to remove the helms, so we can continue in peace.”

He cut the helms loose, and set them aside the track before returning to his seat. Dunhama relaxed and looked again at Athilda as the misty water droplets clung to her hair. His fingers touched her cheek, and he said,

”Oh dear Athilda, you are so beautiful!”

As he spoke, the carriage lurched forth again.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 25th, 2017, 8:34 pm 
Ent
Ent

Before she knew it-or even wanted it to happen-the moment ended and Kano sat back up next to her and gazed into her eyes. The corners of her lips lifted into a small smile and she shook her head.
"No, I...I don't mind at all."
Her cheeks turned a rosy color as she thought about the feeling of his lips on hers; She didn't know what the rules of courtship were, but she was certain of something. She liked him, a lot. Regardless of who his parents were. For her, he was a solider in the Rohirriam guard.
A thought suddenly flashed into her head and her smile faded slightly.
"Kano? I know that being a soldier means that you have to make sacrifices....but...I want you to know that even if you are called to war, I will be right beside you." She paused and smiled again, then quickly added before sounding suspicious. "In your heart."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Athilda kissed her husband back with no regard to anyone or anything around them. She was becoming lost in his kiss and his tender touch that she barely heard the driver stop the carriage, and she would have continued her kiss if Dunhama hadn't pulled away from her. When he did though, Athilda released a breath and looked out the small window, only to hear the driver say that he would cut loose the helms.
A smile graced her face and her cheeks turned a rosy color as her husband looked upon her and caressed her cheek with his fingers.
The moment was broken as the carriage lurched forward, causing Athilda to touch the front of the carriage and her other hand to grab her husbands knee.
Her blush deepened as she regained her composure and realized where her hand was, so she quickly moved her hand back to fall in her own lap.

PostPosted: October 25th, 2017, 8:47 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama smiled and took Athilda’s hand into his to return it to his knee. But his fingers lingered over her hand, feeling the softness of her dress on her thigh.
Feeling Athilda tense, he too blushed and lifted his hand, taking hers with his and bringing them back toward him. He lifted her hand and kissed the back of her palm as their fingers entwined.
He looked deeply into her eyes, holding her gaze…

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 25th, 2017, 9:13 pm 
Ent
Ent

Her cheeks were painted a shade darker as she felt his fingertips touch her dress-her thigh-but as he kissed her hands, she lifted her gaze to his and for a moment, her breath left her.
She felt as though she couldn't speak, for words, and all comphrensive thoughts had left her. So, instead of speak, she allowed herself to get lost in his eyes. The depth of his kindness, and the way he protected her made her feel as though nothing could touch them. There was no one but him.
"Dunhama?"
She finally said after a long while.
"I love you."

PostPosted: October 25th, 2017, 9:25 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

”And I love thee Athilda, ever and always I will.”

He smiled and leaned to her and kissed her again as he held her close. His hand started to free her hair from the rest of her braids to let it fall about her shoulders as her arms snaked around him holding him tighter. Dunhama lost himself in her embrace. He broke the kiss for a moment and a heavy breath pushed itself out by her ear. He wasn’t sure it was the rain that started to fall harder, or Athilda’s breath in his ear, for he really did not give it much thought. He kissed her again even as the carriage was coming to a stop…

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 25th, 2017, 9:35 pm 
Ent
Ent

Butterflies fluttered around in her stomach as her husband wrapped her in an embrace and began to kiss her, but she wrapped her arms around him and held him tighter. Although she wanted to kiss him, she was glad for the chance to catch her breath for a few moments. For only seconds later, she felt his lips on hers again. This time, she untwined her arms from around him and rested one on his bicep and the other she rested on his side.
She barely felt the carriage stop, but then pulled away and blushed fiercely as the driver tapped on the door.

PostPosted: October 26th, 2017, 12:13 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama blinked, realizing he was getting lost in Athilda’s presence, forgetting they were not yet alone. The driver said,

”You have arrived good sir and madam. The Lady Eowyn had provisioned this place for you. I congratulate you both on your marriage. I wished the weather this evening would be more pleasant, but alas.”

Dunhama sighed and looked at Athilda, then stepped out of the carriage, turning around as the rain started to pelt him. He held out his hand to Athilda, and as she started to step out, he turned and lifted her in his arms.

”I don’t want you to get muddy my dear beloved.”

He paused part way to the door as he watched the raindrops roll down her cheeks, and he tried to kiss each one. Athilda started to kick as they were getting wet, so Dunhama carried her to the door.

”I hope you have the key my love.”

Dunhama said as the driver of the carriage set off down the track.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 26th, 2017, 8:33 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda felt like she was floating, and indeed, as Dunhama picked her up in his arms and carried her through the rain, she was. A small laugh escaped her lips and she kicked her feet as she felt him kiss the raindrops that fell on her face.
"We are almost there, my love!"
She said as she smiled up at him, revealing the key that she had hidden in her pocket.

PostPosted: October 27th, 2017, 7:38 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama beamed as Athilda held the key to get the door opened. He turned and she tried to get the key to work the lock. With a click, the door opened, and Dunhama carried Athilda in out of the rain. He paused inside and kicked the door shut. He let out a breath as he carried Athilda over and lay her on the bed with a bounce. He sat down next to her and let out a breath, saying,

"Beloved, we are finally alone on our day of days."

Dunhama ran his hand through his wet hair, pushing it back as he turned and his eyes turned to his beautiful wife who had turned to her side and looked at him longingly, her fingers slowly running along her collarbone. Dunhama blinked as he felt himself tense, hoping he would know what to do.

Railan watched as Dunhama and Athilda rode away in the carriage. She stood there in the rain watching until the carriage had disappeared down the track. She sighed, thinking what it would be like for Athilda this night. Railan knew that with the departure of the bride and groom, her time excused from her duties to Lady Eowyn would likely end soon. She weighed what she should do in her mind, and looking back at the door of the Great Hall, she saw Wulgov standing there. She sighed, realizing her place, and smiled at him. He lifted his glass of wine to her, and she walked slowly toward him. She wondered where that Dunedain man she had danced with had gone to, and thought that he was smart enough not to venture out into the rain. She paused as she stood next to Wulgov, and as if a knowing glance was traded between them, she walked back in to the hall, and Wulgov followed her.

The darkness brought rain and a cold wind into the faces of Hirgon and his second. Still, they drove forth as fast as they could. The Firien Wood was dark and foreboding even along the Great West road. The crossing of the Mering Stream at midnight was done in swiftness, and no guard of Rohan stood there. Such was the peace that stood between Rohan and Gondor that no watch on either side was kept on the border of these two lands. Hirgon knew he needed to find King Theoden as soon as he could, and with a short rest to let the horses drink, they rode again with speed onward into Rohan.

Last edited by Hanasian on October 27th, 2017, 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 45  Next