Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 4:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Over hill, over dale....The Journey of the Three
PostPosted: September 17th, 2017, 9:06 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Kano smiled as Gaelrin's eyes met his and as she looked away with a blush he held his gaze for a bit longer. He reminded himself to focus on the task at hand, however, and turned his attention towards the ending portion of the ceremony. It seemed quick, but sweet. Or perhaps it was distraction that made it seem so. The cheers went up and Kano joined them as loud as any.

A moment later they were all heading back into the great hall. Kano tried to keep sight of Gaelrin, meaning to walk with her back to the great hall. She dissapeared in the crowds of excited people, however. A time later Kano saw her enter off from the garden area. He made his way slowly across the room, manuvering his cane and poor foot through the crowd.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: September 19th, 2017, 9:00 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Wulgov was given a well made tunic and some linen breeches to work the hall. He was in charge of the wine and ale. He had gotten the wares ready and all was set for the the celebration to come. His station was to stand by and pour wine and ale, and later to carry trays of filled flagons around for everyone to take, and for them to leave their empty one for him to carry back. Wulgov thought it not too bad of a job as part of his parole. He stood straight as the newly married couple came in, and the minstrels started to play. He gazed at the beautiful bride Athilda, and thought back to the day she was in the mud at Helms Deep. He sighed and turned to start tapping ales. He had to put to death any thoughts of her, for her heart was Dunhama's, and as much as he desired her, he was resigned that it could never be, not now after her marriage to Dunhama. He didn't know what it was about her that had drawn his heart to her. There were many things he loved about her, and maybe one of those things was the fact she was beyond reach. It was the same with Dunhama's mother. He tried to tell Dunhama what all had befallen, but he left some things out. He could not find the strength to tell him all. The whole truth was probably a secret that should die with him. He would do his penance to the King of Rohan, and when he was a freed man, he would leave Rohan, and Dunhama and Athilda, behind. But until then, he was indentured to the King until his parole was fulfilled. He could not fail in fulfilling it, and it was what kept him from running away this night. He smiled as the first of the guests came to get some ale and wine. He would be happy for the bride and groom, even if his gut felt like it had been kicked out from the inside and his heart weighed heavy with pain. He did not realize just how much he loved Athilda until he saw her give herself to another man... his... his... 'nephew'. It was going to be a long night.

~ ~ ~

Dunhama smiled as he heard her words and saw her gaze. They paused outside the doors of the hall, and Dunhama waved the others in as they stepped aside.

"I love you my dear wife Athilda! To have you as my wife has giving me life and light, and I am a blessed man who will hold high your love in me forever!"

He held both her hands in his as he looked deep in her eyes, and the smiles on their faces were bright, even as they faded into a deep serious silent conversation between their eyes. Thoughts of the battles past and looming battles ahead were pushed aside, for this day and night, Athilda was his world, and he let one of her hands go and pressed it against her cheek, feeling her soft skin with his fingers as he lightly traced her jaw and ear. Dunhama wanted to run off with her then and there, but they could not. He leaned in and kissed her lips gently and quickly, and said in a whisper,

"Come my love, I hear the music, and they will want us to lead in the first dance. Will thee dance with me?"

A smile again over took his face as he offered her his arm even as the last of the people were entering the Hall.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 27th, 2017, 2:00 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda felt her heart race and bumps rise on her arms as her husband gently touched her cheek, but when he kissed her, her heart took flight. A smile graced her lips and she looked up at him, beaming with joy.
"Aye, let us celebrate tonight."
She said confidently as she twined her hand through his arm; once they started to dance, all she saw was her husband, despite the fact that many were watching and dancing around them. But, after the first dance was over, something caught Athilda's eye.
It was Dunhama's uncle.
A breath escaped her lips and she quickly shifted her gaze back to her husband.
She needed to tell Dunhama what had happened; how she felt the need to help him and....other...confusing feelings.
She took a breath to calm her thoughts.
Not now. Not tonight.
For today was theirs.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Once Gaelrin had finally hobbled into the Great Hall, she was met with the sound of laughter and joy mixed with the smell of roast meat and fine ale. There was something about the celebration that caused her heart to ache. Perhaps it was nothing, but the more she tried to open her heart to enjoy the festivities, the more guilty she felt.
As if she didn't deserve to celebrate with the people who served the kingdom of Rohan.
Her gaze lowered as she stifled the urge the cry, but when she raised her eyes, she noticed Kano standing not to far off.

PostPosted: September 27th, 2017, 3:56 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

As Kano approached Gaelrin he noticed her face seemed downcast. It was not a face one might expect to see for such an occasion. "Is everything alright?" He inquired as he stepped up to Gaelrin. "You look rather somber."

He noted the mint in her hair and wondered. It had not been there before. It gave off a subtle, yet pleasant scent.

PostPosted: September 27th, 2017, 4:56 pm 
Ent
Ent

Gaelrin was struck with another pang of guilt at the concern in Kano's voice. She was being selfish- wearing her emotions so openly-it was Athilda and Dunhama's day, not hers. Kano should be congratulating them and celebrating, not worrying about her.
"I guess I still haven't recovered from the...attack on Helm's Deep."
She paused, if only for a moment to force a small smile.
"But I'm very happy for Dunhama and Athilda."

PostPosted: September 28th, 2017, 8:41 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama drew Athilda close to him when the old bard started to play a melodic slow tune on his nyckelharpa. He would not ask of what she saw or thought when she briefly looked away from him and into the crowd at the end of the last song. She had tensed slightly and his hand on her back felt a rush of warmth through her dress. With a breath she was back with him, eyes glowing. He smiled and kissed her cheek before his own cheek brushed hers and gently nestled her ear. As they swayed, he closed his eyes and breathed in her scent. Athilda relaxed and they moved as one. Dunhama's mind drifted with their movement, and if they could spend the rest of their days dancing slow to soft music, he would know he was indeed the happiest man in Middle Earth. He kissed her neck and drew back to rest his forehead against hers and he looked deep into her eyes. He said to her,

"Our day of days my love, forevermore..."

His voice drifted into a faint rasp as he kissed her gently as the song ended. He didn't want it to end, but as the applause started, he slid his hands from around Athilda and clapped. When he turned back to Athilda, he could see her looking around at the crowd. Dunhama asked her as she turned back to him,

"Would you like something to drink my love?"

Before she answered, he grabbed two glasses of white wine from a passing tray as people started to come up to them to talk and congratulate them. The first was Durian, the Dunedain Ranger he met at Helms Deep. He bowed to Athilda and said,

"Let me be the first to congratulate you on your union with Master Dunhama. It is plain to all how your love for him pours from your eyes. And you sir, one can see that you are in love and floating on a cloud when you look at Lady Athilda. To marry the woman of your dreams is such a feeling that cannot be surpassed!"

"Are you married sir?"

Dunhama ashed him. Durian said,

"Yes... Saranna..."

For a moment his eyes seemed to look far away as he thought. But it passed just as suddenly and he said,

"This coming Midsummers Day will be our second. I would wish to be back north in Rhuadur with her by then, but Spring has come and the days pass swiftly, and there is much to do. But enough of me and the days to come. This day is now, and I toast to your long lives of happiness together!"

Durian lifted his glass of wine and bowed his head to Dunhama and Athilda and smiled and sipped. But his mind turned again to Saranna. How he missed her so.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Grihias stood by the door at attention, watching everyone. The door guard asked him,

"Why do you stand here and not mingle as you did the night before?"

Because last night was a victory celebration of the battle, but for me it was a time of mourning. In my mourning, I rebelled, for my family was together and well, but two days I saw my mother die, my sister maimed, and my father fell in the battle. Today I am on watch, for my friend and mentor Dunhama of the Breach marries Lady Athilda the Healer. They will not be watching. I will for them."

Grihias said rather philosophically, especially for a ten year old. The guard nodded. He was going to ask what he was watching for, but considering this was a wedding reception, there was little likeliness of any troubles. He smiled under his helm and said to Grihias,

"Let me know if you see anything suspicious."

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

To the east, three riders made haste down the west road from Minas Tirith, They had been sent by Denethor. Hirgon, their leader had a sable-wrapped red-tipped arrow he was to present to King Theoden of Rohan. Even with their stout horses that were bred in Rohan, they would not reach Edoras until dawns early light. War was coming to Gondor, and they called for aid.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 28th, 2017, 10:25 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Kano hung his head at Gaelrin's words. He felt foolish not to consider the ordeal the young women had been through. To get over a missery so great would take a time none could measure.

"I'm sorry..." was all Kano could say. "I know it doesn't help... but..." his words trailed off as he pondered the plight.

PostPosted: September 29th, 2017, 12:37 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda closed her eyes and smiled as Dunhama held her close; never before had she felt so calm and so safe. Her cheeks filled with a rose color as he kissed her and she began to feel the eyes of everyone on them. When her husband rested his forehead against hers, all those feelings of embarrassment fled and instead, there was a constant flutter of butterflies flittering away in her stomach.
"Dunhama..." She whispered softly before his gentle lips met hers. Athilda's heart began to race, but not a moment passed before the song ended and applause began. She unwillingly pulled away and turned to add to the clapping.
Before she could answer Dunhama, he had already picked up two glasses of wine; she took the wine glass in her hand and took a small sip. Before she could indulge in another sip, a man came up to them and from the way he looked at Dunhama, she could tell that they knew each other.
When the man addressed her, she smiled kindly and dipped her head then opened her mouth to speak, but he was already gone.
"Did you fight alongside him?"
She asked quietly after another couple congratulated them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gaelrin lowered her gaze and shifted on her feet, then winced slightly as her ankle flared up in pain.
"It's alright..."
She said as she glanced up at him.
"I...I should be celebrating. Would you like something to drink?"
She asked, hoping to change the subject so as to not subject him to further turmoil.

PostPosted: September 29th, 2017, 5:50 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama looked at Durian as he walked away. He looked back to Athilda and said,

"Yes... that is, I believe so. My thoughts are vague on all that."

Dunhama felt a slight throb in his head where his wound was, and he blinked his eyes. As he saw the concern start to drift over her face, he looked at her beautiful braided hair and reached out and touched one of the braids. His fingers gently followed the braid down, his finger toyed with a small lock that had worked its way loose. A smile came to him and he went on as he lost himself in her eyes,

"It was he and his brethren who helped me from the field when we fell back to the Keep. My small part was already done."

Dunhama kissed her quickly, then turned and stood beside Athilda and held her free hand as they both took sips of their wine.

Last edited by Hanasian on September 29th, 2017, 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 29th, 2017, 6:45 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda grew concerned as Dunhama cringed and touched the scar on his head; but her concern faded as he pierced her gaze with his deep eyes. As he spoke, all she could focus on was his eyes and the love she found in them. She had barely comprehended what he was saying, but when she went to open her mouth she was met with his lips on hers.
Her mind swirled and her heart fluttered as they shared a kiss, but as she reached her arm around his shoulders, it ended.
A blush painted her cheeks as he pulled away and she quickly raised the glass to her lips to hide the color in her cheeks.
After lowering her glass, her eyes caught sight of Dunhama's uncle; her brows furrowed in concern and she cradled her glass in both hands.
"My love? Is that....your uncle over there?"
She asked as she motioned in his direction.

PostPosted: September 29th, 2017, 7:10 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Wulgov took a fresh tray of mugs and glasses and headed out again. As much as he wanted to leave the reception, he would not throw away the merciful pardon King Theoden had given him. He was sworn to duty here as a servant at a Rohirrim hero's wedding. He weaved about as drinks were taken and empties were set on his tray, being careful to avoid the bride and groom. But when he paused for a moment he saw her... and the couple were happy and they kissed. He took a breath as he let his mind slip back to the day he and Athilda both were rolling in the mud when he realized she saw him. She spoke to Dunhama and he too turned to look. Wulgov swallowed and wasted no time taking a step, and he worked his way toward them...

~ ~ ~

Dunhama looked to where Athilda was looking, and yes, it was Wulgov as a servant. As he approached, Dunhama slipped his hand from Athilda's and slid it around her waist, resting it on her hip. He drained his wine, knowing he would have to say something to him. He could tell Athilda tensed up too, and she took a drink of wine, Dunhama said to her,

"Yes, yes it is. I have not spoken with him much if at all since we returned. I am not sure I wish to now."

Dunhama tried to nurse the last drop of wine from his glass as Wulgov turned and came to them.

"Would the honored couple like a fresh glass of wine?"

He said as he looked at Dunhama, then Athilda with a smile. Dunhama wasted no time setting his empty glass on the tray and taking a fresh one. His mind struggled to find words to say to him...

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 29th, 2017, 8:19 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda wished she could have taken the moment where their eyes met and thrown it away. She wished that Dunhama would have led her somewhere, anywhere away from his uncle; but alas, he hadn't. And now the three would have to interact with each other.
Her breath caught as she watched Wulgov approach them, and when he smiled at her, she blinked then gave him a small polite smile.
"Thank you, but-" Her gaze flicked over to Dunhama as he quickly picked up a new glass and took a long draw.
The tension in the air was thick enough to be cut with a knife, but one of them was going to have to say something. It was then that she realized something.
Athilda let out her nervous breath then looked up at Wulgov and gave an awkward smile.
"Forgive me for asking sir, but...how is your injury? You seem to be recovering quite well."

PostPosted: September 29th, 2017, 9:04 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

"It has finally healed well, thanks mostly to your caring hands m'lady, and no thanks to my carelessness."

Wolgov said as he watched Athilda take another deep breath. He smiled, but he kept his eyes disciplined and on hers. Dunhama drew Athilda closer with his hand and Wulgov looked over to him. Dunhama smiled and said to him,

"It is good to see you are healing well. You seem to be doing fine work and fitting in well here. Thank you for your service at our reception. We must find time to talk at length again soon, for as much as you spoke of my mother and my early days, I feel there is much more that has not been said. I wish to know more, and I am sorry for treating you harshly."

Athilda looked at Dunhama, and Wulgov started to speak but paused. All he said was,

"Yes, yes we must."

Soneone passed by and took the last drinks from his tray, and he looked at it and back to Dunhama, then to Athilda, taking in one more look at her beauty. He bowed his head and said,

"I need to get back to work. I will see you in passing through the day. Again, my congratulations."

Wulgov turned and went back to the table to set the tray of empties and pick up a full one. Yes, much to say. He was going to have to tell Dunhama the whole truth, the real truth, of what happened. He wouldn't be able to do it if Athilda was there. No. He sighed as he started to walk out again.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 29th, 2017, 9:52 pm 
Ent
Ent

(Hey, hey! We're on a roll! :) )

Athilda felt her husbands' warmth as he pulled her in closer, even with Wulgov's eyes fixed on hers. Although there was an uneasy feeling about Wulgov, she couldn't help but smile as he gave his report about his leg. Yes, he was technically a prisoner of Rohan, but he was a man who had suffered a great injury, so she was glad of his recovery.
She glanced up at her husband as he spoke, then looked back at Wulgov and with sincerity in her eyes, she nodded, hoping he would accept her unspoken apology.
Before she could say anything, he turned and vanished behind the crowd of people.
"Well-" she said as she turned to face her husband. "-at least we got the uneasy part out of the way. Now we can enjoy the reception."

PostPosted: September 30th, 2017, 12:08 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

(OOC: Yes! Been an enjoyable exchange!)

"Yes... it was good we spoke. I will say I have been in a dream this day my love. I have been lost in your love and beauty since I first saw you today. And our dance was so soothing to my heart to hold you close."

He looked at her and wanted to wrap her up and carry her off right then and there, but this was their reception, and there were many people to see and talk to. One was approaching now. It was the training commander at Helms Deep. Dunhama swallowed and snapped to attention as he approached. He said,

"Sir, this is my wife Athilda."

He smiled at Athilda and gave a nod before he looked back to Dunhama. He said,

"We will forego all military protocol this day Dunhama. It is your day, and the fair lady Athilda's. You are blessed Dunhama of the Breach. Not only do you learn sword quickly and in turn tested me, you have one of the most beautiful ladies of Rohan by your side. Lady Athilda, you have married a fine soldier! May you both be blessed."

"Thank you sir."

Dunhama said as Athilda curtsied, and as he walked away, a gently melodic voice spoke to Athilda as she stepped forth,

"Lady Athilda, I congratulate thee on your nuptuals to Lord Dunhama."

Dunhama blushed as he looked at the Lady Healer, Elladan's wife. She gave a nod, then took Athilda's hand into hers. He looked into her eyes and said,

"our healing hands have become legendary among the Rohirrim. I hope we will find time to sit and talk before we have to leave your lands, for I wish to know your skills, and I can teach you some of mine if you so wish. It is the only gift I have to give."

She looked down at Athilda's palm and closed her eyes as her fingers traced its lines. Dunhama looked at Athilda as she watched the lady.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 30th, 2017, 8:38 pm 
Ent
Ent

After Dunhama spoke of his love of her, Athilda smiled and searched his eyes, for she could see the desire he had to take her away and hold her. Her cheeks turned a bright shade of red before Dunhama stood at attention. When she turned, she smiled kindly at the commander then curtsied in thanks to his wishes.
She was about to turn to her husband when one of the healers came up to her and congratulated them. Athilda looked into her kind eyes with awe, then gently squeezed the healers hands and nodded.
"Of course my lady, I would be glad to...."
Athilda was taken off guard as the healer turned her palms around and traced its lines with her fingertips. She watched the healer, both curious and slightly hesitant.
"My Lady? Is.....is everything alright?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 45  Next