Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Over hill, over dale....The Journey of the Three
PostPosted: July 17th, 2017, 11:59 am 
Ent
Ent

Gaelrin blushed as their hands touched, but she smiled broadly and glanced down nervously at her feet.
"Well, that would make two of us. But perhaps we can learn from those around us."
She lifted her gaze and carefully stood then walked out from the tables a few paces and began to do a two step. Her eyes lit up when she saw Kano following her and laughed heartily as they both nearly stepped on the others' feet.
"Oops! See, I told you I wasn't very good...." She spoke loud enough so that her voice would be heard above the good-natured clamor and music making.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Athilda was looking at their newfound friends standing and making their way to the middle of the room to dance, and as if he had heard her wish, Dunhama asked her to dance.
A broad smile made its' way to her lips and she took his hand and stood.
"Aye, I would love to dance!"

PostPosted: July 17th, 2017, 8:16 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Kano smiled wide as they took to the dancing slowly but he couldn't help but laugh as Gaelrin spoke. "Well, I guess we will have to learn together." He looked back at his feet as they made another set of steps, slowly. He glanced back up at Gaelrin, the wide smile on her face was infectious. He lost himself in her smile and eyea for a moment but looked away, afraid she may think it rude to stare. "My apologies, I don't mean to stare."

Out of the corner of his eye he noticed Athilda and Dunham make their way to the dance floor as well.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: July 17th, 2017, 9:58 pm 
Ent
Ent

(Aww. :) )

Gaelrin had glanced down to look at her footing while Kano was staring at her, but when she looked back up, she saw that his eyes were locked on her and she blushed.
"It's...it's okay. I didn't think you were being rude."
She reached out and hesitantly took his hand and when she opened her mouth to speak, the tune picked up so she began to dance again.

PostPosted: July 19th, 2017, 8:43 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Kano smiled at Gaelrin's assurance. Then, as the tune picked up once more Kano did his best to keep up. As he took her hand he found himself wondering what she was going to say, more than concentrating on their dancing, however. It was odd, really... at least he thought. He never would have even considered dancing before. Especially in his condition. Despite that, he found he quite enjoyed it.

PostPosted: July 20th, 2017, 11:13 am 
Ent
Ent

Gaelrin laughed as the tempo picked up even further and did her best to match the pace with her movements; although she was failing miserably,she was enjoying herself and even began to loose herself in the moment.
After a few more minutes the song came to an end and those around her erupted in rapturous applause. A small laugh escaped her lips at the sound around her, but through the sound, all she could focus on was the way that Kano looked at her.
A small smile crossed her lips as a redness tinted her cheeks, but she didn't look away. Instead, she leaned forward and kissed him quickly on the cheek.

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2017, 7:02 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama was unsure of his steps to this music, but he downed the rest of the wine in his glass as he took Athilda's hand. They spun out onto the open floor of the great hall and swayed about. Dunhama had his eyes on Athilda, watching her hair as she turned, wrapping about her face as she smiled. They seemed to find their rhythm, and after some time, they both watched Gaelrin and Kan as they moved by. It was good to see them enjoying themselves. With the end of the song, the minstrels faded the tune into a slow ethereal tune, and Dunhama's arm slid around Athilda's waist and he drew her close to him. They swayed slowly and Dunhama breathed the scent of Athilda's hair in and sighed as he smiled. He slowly turned and his head touched hers as his lips pressed near her ear,

"I Love Thee Lady Athilda."

He said as his hand brushed up her back to mingle in her hair. He blushed as he held her close, dancing slowly.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2017, 4:02 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Kano couldn't help but laugh a little himself. He smiled back Gaelrin looked up, slightly flushed in her cheeks. Then she, quite unexpectedly, leaned forwards and kissed his cheek. Kano blushed a little himself but his smile spread wider and he lifted a hand to brush a strand of hair behind Gaelrin's ear as he gazed into her eyes. Suddenly he realized everyone else was moving off the dance floor and the two of them stood still.

Kano let out a breath and said, "Well, we will have to practice... that way next time we can have a proper dance."

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2017, 7:30 pm 
Ent
Ent

Gaelrin's heart stopped for those brief moments after she kissed him; She hoped that he wouldn't leave her, and when she saw his smile grow, she laughed then covered her mouth with her hand.
She barely noticed that nearly everyone had left the floor, for when she looked at him, all she felt was that he mattered.
"Yes. Yes, I would like that."
She blushed and glanced down at her feet then looked up at him again, wondering what they would do now.
---------------------------------
Athilda laughed and clapped as the quick song came to an end and when she felt Dunhama's strong hands wrap around her waist, she blushed.
"Hmm."
She muttered as she closed her eyes, resting her head on his shoulder.
"And I love thee, Dunhama, soldier of the Mark."

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2017, 6:44 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Hearing Athilda's voice say those words as he held her close warmed him inside. Oh how much he wished they were already married! He took a deep breath as they moved slowly, losing himself in her as the danced.

When the slow song came to an end, trays of ale flagons were carried about and Dunhama grabbed two. He sipped one and looked at Athilda and after pausing as his gaze met her eyes, he said,

"I did not ask, and I have to say I am not sure if you even like it, but would you like an ale my love?"

He smiled at her, and though they were finally celebrating happily, Dunhama read an expression he saw on Kan's face earlier. He knew it to be true that time was short before the realities of the day would again take hold. Dunhama felt in his heart that war with Mordor would come to them, if not sooner, than later. He blinked and shook away the thought as he felt Athilda's hand on his as it held the flagon. Her touch sent a tingling through him, and he took in a deep breath. The aroma of pipeweed wandered about them, and they turned their head together to the nearby table where two halflings stood. One took a long draw on his pipe while the other who had just exhaled, said,

"Why don't you kiss her already my friend before everyone has an ale and we start a drinking song from the Green Dragon."

"Aye!"
The other halfling said as he held his breath before he let out his smoke. "The ale could use some North Farthing Barley and some West Farthing Hops, but it isn't bad for foreign brew."

Dunhama was awestruck at the short fellas with the big flagons in their hands. As the hurdy gurdy and nyckekharpa finished tuning they started to play, the halflings looked at each other and started to dance on a table as they started to sin slightly drunk and out of tune from each other...

"Oh you can search far and wide,
You can drink the whole town dry,
But you'll never find a beer so brown,

Oh you'll never find a beer so brown,

As the one we drink in our hometown,
As the one we drink in our hometown.
You can drink your fancy ales,
You can drink them by the flagon,
But the only brew for the brave and true...
..Comes from the Green Dragon!!"

With ales in hand, Dunhama and Athilda danced a quick step as they sang, and a great cheer went up many flagons were drained when they finished the song.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 24th, 2017, 3:32 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

For a long while Kano stood and looked at Gaelrin. The sound of singing hobbits, however, broke into his mind and he glanced up to see the halflings dancing on the table as they sang. He chuckled at the sight and turned back to Gaelrin.

"Would you care sit back at the table?" Kano asked. "Or if you would like we could make our way outside the hall and I could start on those sword lessons you asked about."

PostPosted: July 25th, 2017, 7:55 am 
Ent
Ent

Athilda smiled and clapped once the slow song came to an end and when she took her ale in hand, she raised it to her lips hesitantly.
"You know, I don't think I've ever had the drink before. But here it goes."
She raised the mug and took a sip of the bitter liquid and scrunched her nose.
"I...I don't think I have acquired the taste for it yet...but perhaps-"
She was interrupted by the two halflings and she blushed and looked away when a few eyes turned towards them. Soon though, she and her almost husband were dancing a quick step along with the song the two halflings sang. She laughed as her ale spilled onto the floor, but when she looked into Dunhama's eyes, she kept on dancing.
--------------------------------
Gaelrin smiled and blushed under Kano's gaze, but she glanced up at the sound of plates falling to the ground to see the two small halflings were dancing on the table. She laughed as they finished their song then looked back at Kano and paused.
"I...I think it would be wise for you to teach me some skill with the sword. "

PostPosted: July 26th, 2017, 3:26 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama smiled as Athilda danced about, accidentally spilling some of her ale on him. He downed his and gave a cheer with the hobbits. He tried to finish her words...

"Perhaps if we go someday to this Green Dragon these jolly halflings speak of, it may taste better? Anyway, I can finish what is left of yours if you wish my love."

He tried to fetch the flagon away from Athilda but she moved it at the last moment, being protective of her drink. So Dunhama instead slid his hand around Athilda's waist and drew her close, kissing her cheek and neck as her hair covered his face. Dunhama turned and drew back to look in her eyes and silently gazed into her eyes. He finally said,

"Would you like to go out for some fresh night air m'lady"

-------

Grihias had been wandering about the hall, slipping here and there between people and under tables unnoticed, eating his fill and draining the remains of wine cups and ale flagons. He sat back by the wall with a chicken leg and a half full flagon of ale as he watched Kan and Gaelrin dance. He smiled, seeing his sister looking genuinely happy. He wasn't sure what he would do without her, but decided he could be happy as a ward of the King. He sat back and watched the goings on, slipping around the hall when he was again hungry and thirsty.

--------

Wulgov sat out by a fire where a pig was roasting. He turned it periodically and checked it making sure it was done. The revelry inside was growing in intensity, and he sighed. A servant came out with a mug of ale for him, and Wulgov sat down and sipped it. It was going to be a long night.

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 26th, 2017, 9:43 pm 
Ent
Ent

"Dunhama!"
Athilda muttered as she blushed from his delicate kisses. She was about to push him away for fear that eyes would be drawn to them, but sighed in relief as he asked her to go outside.
"Aye, I think we could both use some fresh air."
She smiled and picked up her skirt as they walked outside.
The night air carried a cool, refreshing wind and the moon and starts were shining brightly above them.

PostPosted: July 27th, 2017, 8:49 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama helped himself to two glasses of red wine from a tray that a servant was carrying by and followed Athilda out to the rampart of the Great Hall of Meduseld. Athilda stopped and stood looking out over the land, and Dunhama paused as he gazed upon her shape silhouetted against the moonlit land and sky. The cool breeze rippled her skirts about her, and her hair waved gently back toward him. Little did Dunhama know that this moment would be a vision he would hold dear for the rest of his life. He exhaled the breath that caught inside him and stepped forth to stand behind her. He wrapped his arms around her, and she took one of the glasses from him and took his free hand into hers. Dunhama held her close to him as he leaned his head over her shoulder and against her head. He said softly,

”It all looks so peaceful.”

He felt her hand squeeze his and he smiled. He said as he lightly kissed her ear through her hair,

”This time tomorrow, we will be wed.”

The sound of the breeze and distant voices inside the hall and down below where the horses were being tended was only broken by the light snap of the banners of Rohan above them when a gust if wind blew by.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 30th, 2017, 8:46 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Kano nodded. "I would pray you never need it, but there is wisdom in learning. Shall we head outside?"

PostPosted: August 7th, 2017, 8:35 pm 
Ent
Ent

(Hi friends! I want to apologize for the huge lack of response...things have gotten busy for my family, and honestly, I just had a bit of a writers block for all of our rps. But I think the hiatus may be what I needed, because I feel inspired and ready to write! :) Huzzah!//I hope that you all have been doing well and that life hasn't been too chaotic. :) )

Athilda shivered as a sudden gust of wind touched her face and arms, but despite feeling chilled, she smiled at Dunhama's affirmations and leaned back into him.
"Aye, and it seems as though time has stopped this evening...as if the night wanted to hold onto this moment. But alas, I want this moment, nay, this night to pass so that I may be called your wife."
She turned her head to gaze into his eyes, and when she did, she was left breathless, for all she saw was endless love.
"Dunhama..."
She whispered his name as she turned in his arms and rested her hand on his stubbly cheek.
"I love thee with all my heart, Dunhama. I could not imagine a life without not being by your side."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gaelrin's smile faded slightly at the recognition of Kano's words. Her father had never taught her or her brother how to wield a sword, and now if she didn't learn she would most likely die upon one. A breath escaped her lips but she forced a smile and nodded then slowly followed Kano outside, wincing with each step that she took.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 45  Next