Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Over hill, over dale....The Journey of the Three
PostPosted: September 30th, 2017, 10:40 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

The lady opened her eyes and looked into Athilda's. After a moment, she said,

"Yes, all is well this day Lady Athilda. Know that your hands will save many many lives in days to come."

She smiled, but Dunhama could sense she was not saying all. His hand caressed Athilda's hip for he was sure she sensed this too. The lady did not wish to darken this day with all she felt, and her elven discipline hid it well. Dunhama said,

"My pardon fair lady, but I do not recall your name."

Her deep blue eyes looked into his and held his gaze for a moment, she then looked to Athilda and said,

"Annienna is my name, daughter of Eldalótë, and wife of Elladan, son of Elrond Half-Elven."

She took hold of Dunhama's hand while still holding Athilda's, her eyes seemed to change to a lighter blue like the sky as she took a deep breath. Dunhama looked to Athilda then back to Annienna as she let go of their hands. Dunhama bowed, and Athilda curtsied. He wanted to ask what she had sensed, but said,

"We are blessed to have your attendance at our wedding m'lady."

She smiled as she regained her breath and said,

"Your day is blessed, you both will find much joy in each other."

Dunhama smiled, but had a feeling she knew more than she was saying.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2017, 11:20 am 
Ent
Ent

Athilda smiled kindly at the elven woman, but she felt as though the Lady was not revealing all to her. Feeling Dunhama caress her hip, Athilda knew that he felt the same way too. Perhaps she could inquire what the Lady sensed when they would trade stories and information.
When Lady Annienna's eyes changed color, Athilda knew that something was missing. What wasn't she telling them? And why didn't she tell them?
Even as she curtsied, Athilda felt as though something was looming above them; like a raincloud that threatened to storm. But she shook off the feeling. Everything would be alright.
She smiled kindly and squeezed Dunhama's hand.
As the Lady took her leave, Athilda let out a heavy sigh then turned to Dunhama and twined her fingers through his.
"My love, I think I need to rest for a while. Would you come sit with me?"

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2017, 7:01 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama watched Lady Annienna turn and walk away, and Elladan came and met her not far away. Dunhama didn't know elves at all, but the look on his face was of concern for his wife. They spoke and he turned to look, catching Dunhama's eyes. But the crowd mingled and they were lost to his sight, and Athilda turned and stood before him, and he smiled as she took his hands. He nodded,

"Yes... let us go sit for a moment. A rest will be good before we meet anyone else."

Now all they had to do was to get somewhere to sit without pausing to talk to anyone. Dunhama saw their chance. He led the way toward the door, and there was a stone bench just inside where the guard stood that was for waiting guests that come to see the king. They sat and Dunhama took a breath as he nodded at the guard and Grihias who stood with him. When Athilda sat, he said,

"This is beautiful that so many celebrate with us, but with my nerves overnight and this day, it really takes strength."

He looked to his wife who held one of his hands in both of hers. He reached over and touched her cheek with his free hand, still amazed that they were now one.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 2nd, 2017, 7:33 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

"I know all too well that pain does not vanish in the wake of another's celebration and happiness. I am glad for Dunham and Athilda, but concerned for you at the same time," Kano told Gaelrin. "I won't press the matter, though... if you would like a drink, I would be happy to share the moment with you."

Kano looked about, then back to Gaelrin as his eyes looked to hers and he offered her his hand.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2017, 1:48 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Grihias watched intently. He saw Gaelrin talking with Kanoo very intently, and he saw the servant talk to Dunhama and Athilda, and he squinted. He said to the guard,

"That servant, he's a Dunlanding. I don't like the way he looks at Lady Athilda."

The guard chuckled and said,

"Young master, Lady Athilda is not only beautiful, but the woman of this day, having just married Dunhama. People look in awe and respect."

Grihias krinkled his forehead. Maybe he didn't like Wulgov because it was he who caught him drinking and smoking the day before. But still, there was something about him. He said to the guard,

"Yeah, I don't know. I will keep my eyes on him just because."

The guard smiled and gave him a nod. They both looked to Dunhama and Athilda, and now an exotic Elven lady stood before them. Grihias said,

"That lady helped my sister at Helms Deep. She is some elf witch I think. Her hands heal people, like Athilda's!"

The guard didn't say anything but watched them. When Grihias saw Dunhama and Athilda approaching, he said to the guard,

"I must look like a guard ... for them."

He stood tall in his fine boy's armour, and stared straight into the crowd. He only looked briefly at the two as the came and sat down not far from the door where they stood.

(OOC: I managed to get the archive of this RP caught up to page 31. I hadn't kept it up since page 11)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2017, 9:37 am 
Ent
Ent

Athilda smiled as Dunhama caressed her cheek; she was so full of joy and peace in this moment, with him and nobody else. A breath escaped her lips as she took in his expression. She loved him. Beyond a shadow of a doubt, her heart belonged to him, and it always would.
"Aye, I am enjoying the festivities, but...I find myself longing to be alone with you."
A blush rose to her cheeks and she blinked, glancing down in embarrassment. How could she reveal such a thing at a time like this?
"Forgive me. Was that too forward?"
She asked as he gently lifted her chin with his fingers.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gaelrin was stunned by Kano's kindness; not because it was her first time hearing his kind words, but rather the opposite. Ever since her injury, people had expressed their condolences, and they seemed sincere, but...it wasn't heartfelt. But with Kano it was different. She could feel his heartache. Perhaps it was because they had similar injuries.
"I...yes. I would like that."

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2017, 7:04 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama smiled hearing her wishing to be alone with him. he so much wished the same. Lifting her chin gently, he kissed her lips softly and he felt a rush of warmth course through him. He started to kiss her longer, but broke away with a heavy breath. A wedding reception in the Great Hall did have some protocol, and they would be bound to remain for a while longer. Even as he felt his discipline start to fail, Dunhama blushed to find his hand on Athilda's thigh, and blushed more as he had not considered where they would live. All he had was the soldier's barracks, and Athilda had her quarters by Lady Eowyn's room. He finally said,

"No... no dear Athilda. Beloved, know that you need not ask forgiveness of me for wishing we were alone. As for being too forward, it is I who may be such."

Dunhama turned his hand and took hers into his. He looked deep into her eyes and said,

"We must be patient a little longer my love until we fulfil our formalities. We could slip out, but these fine guards will know. If you know a way for us to slip from notice here in the great hall, even for a time, I will go with you."

Dunhama looked about, happy so far they have yet to be missed from the middle of the hall.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 5th, 2017, 8:29 am 
Ent
Ent

Athilda was so full of joy and anticipation that she hardly noticed when Dunhamas' had rested his hand on her thigh. But when he took her hands in his, a blush rose to her cheek, but she did not look away from him or move. She was his now. And they would stay like that for all of their days.
"Dunhama..."
She said as she lifted her fingers to touch his cheek.
"I wish I knew a secret passage for us to be alone for a time. Perhaps the time not spent alone will make our evening together that much more sweeter."
She smiled as she looked into his eyes, then she leaned forward and kissed him gently on the lips. When she pulled away, she squeezed his hand.
"Come. Let us resume our duties here and meet the guests."

PostPosted: October 5th, 2017, 7:29 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

"Come. Let us resume our duties here and meet the guests."

”Yes… we should my love.”

He stood up and adjusted his breeches and took Athilda’s hand as she stood. She brushed out her dress and considered her hair for a moment, then smiled as she shrugged. They made their way back toward the center of the hall where Lady Eowyn and her maid Railan walked up to them. Dunhama smiled and bowed,

”Lady Eowyn.”

He gave a smile and a nod to Railan beside her. As he looked past Railan, he saw King Theoden and Eomer talking with the white wizard and the Dunedain who had arrived with him. The elf and dwarf who had travelled with them stood nearby, as did most of the Dunedain. The two sons of Elrond and Lady Anneinna stood with a few of the Dunedain talking in their language of the north, pausing to listen to their chieftain. Whatever was being discussed, it seemed important. The King appeared to be in disagreement with the Wizard and the Dunedain Chieftain. Dunhama brought his attention back to Lady Eowyn and Athilda and smiled, not wishing to be concerned with what was being discussed by the throne. Lady Eowyn said,

”Your wedding was beautiful and this day is blessed! Celebrating the union of two young people gives me some hope in the future of Rohan. Unfortunately matters of state has distracted many, including my brother and uncle. If it meets with your approval, I will forego some of the formalities of a marriage in the royal house and allow the 1st servants to be freed from their duties for the rest of the day. There are many fine seconds, and I think a shorter duty would be most welcome by them.”

Eowyn glanced at Railan briefly, and looked about at the serving staff before returning her gaze to first Dunhama, then Athilda. Dunhama started to nod thinking it would be good to dispose of formalities, but he didn’t want to have this day fall short. He looked at Athilda with a slight grin.

- -

Wulgov walked about and came to the young man and woman who had been injured in the battle of Helms Deep. He looked about, and smiled at Gaelrin and Kanoo, asking,

”Would either of you like to have a drink? I have wine, ale, and cool water with me. If you wish something else, I can get it for you.”

Wulgov knew they were a bit young for hard beverages, but he thought this occasion would be an exception if they so wished it.

Grihias saw Wulgov as he talked to his sister and her friend and squinted at him.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 5th, 2017, 10:20 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Kano took Gaelrin’s hand and nonsooner had he turned to look for a waiter than the Dunlanding approached them.

“Would either of you like to have a drink? I have wine, ale, and cool water with me. If you wish something else, I can get it for you.”

Kano looked to Gaelrin, awaiting her response, but he himself chose water. Intoxicating beverages had an ill spot in his memory. He had little desire for such things.

PostPosted: October 6th, 2017, 9:04 am 
Ent
Ent

As she stood up, Athilda brushed off the skirts of her dress and touched her hair to check for any flyaways. When she was satisfied, she took Dunhama's hand and followed him into throng of people, then curtsied as they met with Lady Eowyn and one of the other maids Railan.
She noticed her husbands gaze was elsewhere, and rather than follow it, she looked kindly at the Lady and her maid. Her smile began to fade shortly thereafter at the mention of the impending doom that was upon them. Her mind was tempted to travel to unwanted thoughts of Dunhama leaving to go to war, but she quickly snapped herself from those thoughts as the Lady mentioned giving the servants some time off.
"That is a wonderful idea, my Lady. I am sure that the other servants will have grateful hearts upon hearing this idea. I myself feel very grateful for the kindness of yourself and the King. I don't feel very worthy of having such a reception, but I know that it is not for me, but for Dunhama. He is a war hero."
Even as she spoke it, her heart broke, for she knew that he would indeed have to leave her to fight for his people. But she pushed such thoughts away and instead looked at the Lady with thanks and kindness.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gaelrin's heart began to come alight with anger as she saw the Dunlanding approach them. She avoided looking at him for fear that she would say something unsavory.
"I'm fine, thank you."
She said, her stomach suddenly turning at the thought that this man was serving them and not in prison where he should be.
"Excuse me. I am in need of some air."
She said bitterly as she began to slowly hobble out of the Great Hall.
Each step she took however was filled with pain, and no matter how hard she pushed through, pain filled her legs until she could no longer walk and had to lean against a wall for support.

PostPosted: October 7th, 2017, 11:44 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama nodded in agreement with Athilda. He added,

"Be it that both Athilda and I are servants of this house by your lady’s grace, it would be good to see the servants have time to themselves.”

With that, Lady Eowyn, held up and rang her empty wine glass with her fingertip and said aloud,

”All first servants are now off duty as soon as their relief arrives, and by leave of Lady Athilda and Dunhama of the Breach, are free to mingle.”

Lady Eowyn turned to Railan and gave a nod, saying,

”I require no maiden the rest of this day, and you are excused.If I need anyone, I have a couple young Westmarch ladies in apprenticeship. They have just recently became orphaned by the war”

Railan bowed and then turned to Dunhama and Athilda and bowed, and turned and walked toward the wine casks. Lady Eowyn then looked at Athilda and smiled. She said,

”And I will not expect you to report for work in the next few days.”

Lady Eowyn reached into a pouch she carried and held a key. As she handed it to Athilda, she said,

”This is for a place I keep in New Town. It is out of the way by the hills, and is quiet. I gift this to you Athilda, as a wedding gift and for your service to me. With Grima gone, I will no longer require a place to have time away from the Great Hall.”

A pale chill rushed over the Lady, and Dunhama saw that it swept Athilda as well. He remembered what Athilda said about the worm, and Dunhama remembered trying to kill him.

”That is a name best forgotten.”

Dunhama said as he set his hand against Athilda’s back and rubbed her gently between the shoulder blades. It seemed to bring Athilda back as she looked at the key in her hand.

- - - - - -

Wulgov stepped back when Gaelrin reacted to him. As Gaelrin worked to get away from him, he looked to Kanoo and said,

”I am sorry sir for upsetting the young lady.”

Kanoo set his water back on Wulgov’s tray and went to follow Gaelrin out the door.

Grihias tensed as he watched, but he did not leave his post. As much as he wanted to go to his sister, he relented to his self-imposed guard duty, and hoped that her friend would look after her.

The hatred ran deep, even if it was not the Dunlandings who were responsible for the death of her parents. They both were killed by Uruk archers, as was the horse that fell on her crushing her ankle. But they were allied with the army of Isengard. He would have to take some of the blame. Wulgov shook his head and went back to the waiter’s station. He cleared the few empties and started to place more glasses on his tray when another waiter came up and said,

”You are relieved and free to enjoy the reception. First servants have been given leave by both the bride and groom, and the Lady Eowyn. I am your second.”

Wulgov paused, then smiled and nodded. He removed his waiters apron and set it aside, and immediately reached for a glass of wine.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 8th, 2017, 12:17 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda dipped her head to hide a blush that rose to her cheeks as the Lady gave her leave for the next few days. She was about to open her mouth to give the Lady her thanks when she mentioned the worm who had infected the mind of the King.
A chill swept over her as she stared at the key; memories of the Lady leaving for hours on end caused her to lose focus, but Dunhamas' touch brought her back.
Her eyes rose from the key to the Lady, and she reached out to take the Lady's hands in hers.
"Thank you, my Lady. For everything you have blessed us with. It is with much honor that we take this key."
She then dipped her head and curtsied, and when she rose, she smiled kindly at the Lady.

PostPosted: October 9th, 2017, 10:09 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

As Wulgov gave his appology kano simply nodded an acknowledgment. He followed Gaelrin until she stopped, leaning against the wall. He could tell she was in pain, but he approached cautiously.

“I’m sorry,” he said, stopping beside her. “If you like I can help you to where you would like to go. If you wish to escape these festivities.”

PostPosted: October 9th, 2017, 6:32 pm 
Ent
Ent

Gaelrin let out a startled breath at the sound of a voice close behind her, but when she turned her head and saw it to be only Kano, she relaxed a bit and nodded.
"Aye, I would like that please."
She answered as she pushed herself back onto her feet. Once her ankles took the full weight of her body, she winced in pain but gritted her teeth and tried to walk out of the Great Hall. The pain, however was too much for her to bear and she had no choice but to lean against the wall again.
"I'm...I'm sorry. You must think me weak."
She muttered quietly.

PostPosted: October 10th, 2017, 9:26 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama nodded in agreement as Athilda spoke. He added,

”M’lady, you have blessed us greatly, and blessed many whose lives have faced unfortunate struggles. Forever indebted we are and will be to you. I thank thee for this, and the chance to serve the Kingdom.”

The music had begun again and was flowing through the great hall. When Aragorn came to congratulate Dunhama and Athilda, The Lady Eowyn seemed to melt some. Her edge seemed to be sheathed. As he departed, he took the lady by the hand and they went off to talk. Then the others came by, taking their turns congratulating the bride and groom. The King came down, with Eomer, the Sons of Elrond, Gandalf, Legolas, and Gimli. They filed past Dunhama and Athilda, each saying words of congratulations and many giving small gifts. The King paused and took both their hands,

”This time of love and peace has been a blessing to many, and may you both enjoy your lives together. Unfortunately the matters at hand have many of us needing to go. But you enjoy this time.”

Dunhama and Athilda bowed and watched as the King and his party retired to a side room to discuss high concerns of the world. Dunhama noticed that Lady Eowyn was having a dance with the Dunedain chieftain Aragorn. Dunhama looked to Athilda and was about to say something when Durian, one of the Dunedain came up to them.,

”M’lady, may I have this dance, if you wish it and it is acceptable to your husband.”

He looked to Dunhama who was silent for a moment. Then said to Athilda,

”I am sure there are many who would wish to have a dance with you this day my beautiful bride.”

He turned to Durian and said,

”My wife has free will in all things. It shall be if she wishes it so.”

Durian bowed his head and looked to Athilda.

-----------

Railan walked over to the wine table and looked for a glass. She turned when she heard a voice behind her.

”I recommend this red, though there is little left.”

Wulgov said as he sipped his glass. Railan blushed and looked away, for she didn’t usually talk much to others. But she returned her gaze to him as he poured two glasses. She said as she took one of the glasses,

”Have you tasted it sir?”

Wulgov shook his head and said,

”I serve the wine, I cannot drink it.”

“But are you not now released from duty as I am?”

Railan asked as she sipped her glass. Wulgov nodded and said,

”Yes m’lady. But I am on probation by the King, so I cannot help myself. Maybe if a lady such as yourself offered it to me, I could.”

Railan blushed as she picked up the second glass. She said as she handed it to Wulgov,

”Sir, I am but a maidservant bonded to the Lady Eowyn”

“And I am a probated prisoner of war in the service of the King of Rohan.

Wulgov said smiling as he sipped the wine.

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 45  Next