Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Over hill, over dale...TTT RPG
PostPosted: February 16th, 2017, 12:18 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Kano marched onward with the men in the front staying back from the more noble military men and stucking with the lead commoners. The wind picked up and the clouds covered the sun and Kano shivered... half at the chill and half at the memories conjured. He hated the cold for many reasons. He glanced around for possible shelter from the wind. He dare not venture into the army at the lead but there was a small geoup of horses several paces back. He slowed his pace and fell back to the group, walking along side the lrge animals. It was no warm hearth but the animals did serve as a partial windbreak at the very least.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: February 16th, 2017, 12:39 am 
Ent
Ent

The color that stained Athildas' face deepened as she felt Dunhamas hand envelope hers. And though there were still remnants of the ill thoughts remaining, the veil of safety she felt by just being next to him surpassed all ill will.
As she listened to him, she felt a small smile appear on her lips, then she nodded.
"Aye, many of the singers who frequent the tavern are not normally those who sing for kings." Her smile broadened as she remembered a moment from her childhood.
"There was one night when my father took my brothers and I to a tavern during the day. As we were eating our meal, a traveller began to sing a beautiful song about far off places, the Elves, and even of Hobbits! I had never heard such a song and I used to long to visit those places but..." she paused to tuck away a few strands of her hair behind her ear, then shrugged. "I suppose that I just don't have the courage to travel very far."
A few moments passed in silence as she stared past the people in front of her and to a distant memory. Her thoughts were jarred however when she thought she saw the boy who had stood listening to the King.
"Is that not the boy we saw, from the door?" Her gaze lifted to meet Dunhamas' eyes.

PostPosted: February 16th, 2017, 1:23 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama relaxed when it seemed Athilda drew closer and held on to his hand. He smiled as he again enjoyed the sound of her voice telling her tale. He said,

”I may have heard that same traveling bard. I remember he singing about a place called Bree, and there were Hobbits there! I hope to travel someday. I want to see other lands. I would like to see Bree! Maybe you will too? Someday....”

His voice trailed off as he thought about traveling. It was a happy thought even as they were fleeing Edoras for the hoped for safety of Helms Deep.

As Athida said she thought she saw the young man who stood at the door at Meduseld, Dunhama looked off where she was gazing. He looked back at her to say something but he fell into her her eyes as she looked at him.

"Er..."

He stammered before blinking. He finally was able to say,

”Yes, I think you are right!!”

Dunhama called out and waved,

”Oi! Young man! Come walk with us!”

It looked like he may have heard him as he stopped walking and was waiting for us to catch up to him. As they approached him, a rider came up from behind them and encouraged everyone to keep moving steady. He looked at the old mare and paused before moving on. Dunhama watched him ride off.

”He looked stressed. Hoping all is well. This will be a long twenty leagues.”

Dunhama started to get warm with the sun now out, and he removed his cloak and the loaned blanket and lay them on the cart just as they reached the young man.

”Greetings sir! I am Dunhama and this is Athilda. Thank you for waiting for us! We may need some help with the cart, for it looks like the road is getting rougher.”

The cart bumped over some stones as he said that.

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 16th, 2017, 6:34 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda smiled at his desire to travel and listened as he spoke of his ambition to travel to Bree. She closed her eyes as a gentle, warm wind blew across her face, and imagined that she was standing hand-in-hand with her friend in Bree.
Once she realized he was waiting for her reply, she blushed and lowered her gaze which caused her brown hair to fall slightly in front of her cheeks.
"Yes, I would like that very much. " Her cheeks reddened, but her gaze was drawn up to the man in the horse. She let out a nervous breath at her friends comment, but she quickly smiled as they approached the boy.
After helping the mare get the cart over the rocks, Arhilda turned her attention to the boy.
"What's your name? We saw you listening by the doorway when the news was discovered. "

PostPosted: February 16th, 2017, 6:58 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Kano walked along when suddenly he heard someone shout. He grew nervouse, realizing they were calling to him. He glanced around him, then back to the young man who called out. Surely, he thought, they must be speaking to someone else. A second glance around showed it clear, however, that they were indeed speaking to him.

Kano waited for them as requested and tried not to show his nervouse demeanor. He nodded politely as the the young man introduced them and answered in a shaky voice as the young women asked his name. "Kano." He cleared his throught and in a more solid tone he said once more. "My name is Kano. Pleased to meet you both." He spoke nothing of his pressence at the doorway, though he did recal them both from earlier that day.

PostPosted: February 16th, 2017, 8:13 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama thought dreamily of traveling the lands, and if Athilda was with him, it would be much more fun to share the experience. But the reality was they had a war to survive first, and that in the foreseeable future was uncertain. He kept the thought and put it away in his head to consider at another time. He gave Athilda’s hand a slight squeeze and smiled as the young told them his name. Dunhama said to him,

”Well met! As we have a long way to go, is it not best to do it with company than alone?”

He could see that Kano was uncomfortable. About what he didn’t know. Dunhama himself would likely be making this trek alone but for meeting Athilda and her company has filled him with a joy he had not felt before. He didn’t have many friends, and the few he knew at the tavern were all older than he. He was glad to have a good friend in Athilda, as he hadn’t really known any girls near his age. Maybe this kid will become a friend? He said to him,

”Worry not, for one’s business is their own, to be spoken of or not as one chooses. What do you think will happen at Helms Deep, with this war the strange travellers spoke of at the hall?”

Dunhama hoped that it all would go well and nothing would happen, but remembering the tales of the Westfold spoken of at the tavern… he expected there would be much more than that.

With the sun reaching higher, the spring day grew warmer. Dunhama took his water bag from his back and offered Athilda and Kano a drink as the cart bounced about on the rocks by them.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Last edited by Hanasian on February 16th, 2017, 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 16th, 2017, 8:37 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda smiled kindly at the boy, for she could tell he was nervous about something.
"It's a pleasure to meet you, Kano."
As she listened to Dunhamas voice, she couldn't help but think that they were walking not to their safety, but to their doom. She blinked then shivered as a cold wind blew upon them, seemingly in agreement with her forethought.

PostPosted: February 16th, 2017, 10:41 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

(Congratulations on your star Melanie!)

The lands started becoming more broken and they had crested a hill. Dunhama could see the horsemen riding out front and to the sides keeping a wary eye out for trouble. The King rode along and talked with Gandalf while the Ranger walked along with Lady Eowyn. Dunhama got the mare to slow as they started down the slope as the weather started to turn cloudy and chill again. There was far off sounds in the air and one of the forward riders paused on the next ridge. His hand went high in the air and clenched into a fist. He could see something. Dunhama tensed and put his hand on the hilt of his axe…

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 16th, 2017, 11:28 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athildas' smile faded as she noticed one of the lead riders stop and raise up a fist. Her heart stopped for a beat as she saw all of the riders as well as the strangers make ready for the worst.
She felt movement beside her and when she glanced over at Dunhama, she saw his hand gripping his axe.
Although fear rushed through her veins, she looked up to try and see if she could spot the Lady Eowyn and the children. Once she saw that the children were safely riding a horse next to the Lady, she sighed in relief.

PostPosted: February 16th, 2017, 11:32 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

The shy demeanor in Kano's voice vanished when Dunham asked of the war. Instead now it was a tone of dark thoughts. "I'm afraid I won't venture a guess as to what might happen... but whatever happens let us pray we live to see another day or die free trying." Kano settled his pace alongside Dunham, giving Athilda a softer look as she greeted him. They seemed like nice people, Kano thought, it would be welcome to have a bit of company.

"How-" Kano stopped, seeing the commotion ahead. He was only half alarmed until Dunham laid a hand on his axe. Kano's face grew stern and he pushed back his long brown travelers coat to reveal his short sword that was really barely more than a long dagger. "What is it?"

PostPosted: February 17th, 2017, 1:21 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama took in a deep breath as he tried to slow the cart even as he looked up to where Kano was looking. The rocks caused the wheels to slide to the side as the mere froze up with the sound of the howls that sounded much closer than before. More of the horsemen rode up toward the far ridge when one grasped at his neck and fell backwards off his horse. They were under attack! With the flight of the riderless horse coming back down the slope toward where the people were gathering, the mare panicked and bolted, causing the cart to twist and breaking a wheel.

”Look Out!”

Dunhama jumped and took Kano and Athilda in each arm and they all fell to the ground hard as the cart overturned, just missing the three of them. But there was no time to worry about that now, for the yelling and screaming and the quick gallop of horses sped forth. The elf stood high on a rock sending arrows off over the ridge at a rapid rate, when he jumped down. Another rider fell….

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 17th, 2017, 4:16 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda glanced up as the sound of howls filled the air with terror. She had to find the Lady-suddenly she felt someone grab her and pull her down to the ground, where she landed with a thud.
Fearing the worst, she was about to starting thrashing out when she realized who it was. A breath escaped her lips, but she knew they weren't out of trouble yet.
As she pushed herself up, she grabbed Dunhamas' forearm.
"I need to go to Lady Eowyn to see if she needs any help."

PostPosted: February 17th, 2017, 5:59 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Kano's eyes grew wide as he heard the howls more clearly. He knew now exactily what they were... it was not the first time he had heard that sound. The next thing he knew he was being thrust out of the way of the falling cart that toppled over and spilled out supplies. He quickly got to his feet, though, eyes still on the distant commotion.

Athilda said something about Eowyn. He fogured that may be a food dorection for all of them to head. He was hardly equiped to fight.

PostPosted: February 17th, 2017, 7:05 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Getting to their feet, Athilda grabbed his arm and said she needed to get to Lady Eowyn who was far ahead down the slope.Dunhama removed his axe from his belt with his free arm and looked hard for her, but it seemed that everyone who wasn't a soldier was starting to panic.

"She is down there somewhere!"

Dunhama said as he pointed to a place where it looked like a defensive circle was forming among the chaos. He doubted what he could do with his against well armed men, orcs, or wargs, but he would be ready for what came. Led by Athilda, he too ran down the slope, and Kano followed. Suddenly a sound of a snarl and steel upon steel was heard beside them. The warg-rider had clashed with a horsemen not far up the ridge from them, and though the horseman killed the orc, the warg tore into his leg and the horse. Dunhama looked back as they ran and gulped. This war had just gotten real!

"Run! Make speed!" shouted a foot-soldier as they started to close a shield-wall around most of the people. With a riderless warg not far behind them, they ran as hard as they could.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 17th, 2017, 7:37 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda ran past a whirlwind of townspeople who were also making their way towards the soldiers who were forming a circle around them. As she ran, heard the terrible sound of screaming and...tearing, ripping. Bile rose in her, but she forced it down. They didn't have time for her to relieve herself. She has to find the Lady!
Suddenly, there was a gap and Athilda was able to spot the Lady, who was not a few yards from them. As they approached, Athilda spoke loudly above the the chaos and clamor of the crowd.
"My Lady, we came to aid you. What must we do?"
"We must get the people to safety. Help anyone in need and follow me to Helm's Deep!"

PostPosted: February 17th, 2017, 9:13 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama was right behind Athilda. He said to Lady Eowyn,

"M'Lady, I'm afraid we lost the supply cart on the hill...."

"Don't worry about that. Help those who are hurt.

Dunhama nodded and looked around. The sound of fighting was grim and they prepared for the worst. The shield wall opened to let in some more people.
Of the three, one was badly hurt. Dunhama went right away to assist them. It was how he could honor her words and serve best.

"Help my children! The horse threw them!"

the woman said. The older one couldn't walk, and she clung to her little brother who did his best keeping her upright and off her leg. He was wearing full Rohirrim armor that was somewhat too big for him, but he stood tall in it. Dunhama wished he still had that blanket. The woman lay her robe down and the boy helped his sister down to it. Dunhama remembered some of the methods of aid his mother used to do for the drunks who would hurt themselves at the tavern. He knelt down and could see that her leg was clearly broken. She was in pain but was calm as she sat looking at it with him. She said,

"My brother was thrown clear, but I landed on a rock and the horse stepped on my ankle."

Dunhama looked at her ankle and saw even through he leather boot that it was smashed. He wasn't sure what to do as mom never dealt with woulds this severe. The boot had to stay on. He could maybe treat the gash on the side of her thigh though. He was going to need help. He looked up to Athilda and Kano.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 45  Next