Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Kin Strife of Gondor
PostPosted: March 8th, 2017, 3:38 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

When Vilmaith, Vilna, and Vidnavi finally made it back to the bridge where they found Rhinna chatting with the bridge guards.

”I see you found her! I found good fish!

Rhinna’s route took her south from the bridge. She looked at Vilmaith and said,

”You look like you have been ran over by a cart Vilmaith.”

“I don’t want to talk about it.”

She mumbled. Vilna smiled and Vidnavi said,

”She got drunk with some guy from a place called Pelargir, Won drinking games with Gondorian sailors, spent the night with the serving maid, got sick, slept the morning away, and we found her still sleeping in the maids bed. That is the summarized tale.”

Rhinna gasped and laughed. She said,

”Quite a first day’s impression in the great city of Osgiliath Vilmaith!”

“Shut up.”

Vilmaith said. Rhinna laughed before she said,

“We must hurry. The commander said we would only have this day. He thinks something is up for tomorrow. We all will need our rest for I hear it will start early.”

The four shieldmaidens walked silently back to the barracks, and they started to settle in when the Rhovanion Guard commander came calling.

”Good to see you all back here.”

He said, eyeing Vilmaith closely. Vilmaith yawned and closed her eyes for a moment. The commander said,

”Vilmaith, I need you to get ready. Full formal dress gear. Go get cleaned up and ready, and report to the Palace Courtyard before the shadows reach it.”

The other three looked at Vilmaith as she collapsed on her bedroll. She sighed, then arose and gathered her formal guards attire and left without a word. Vilna said to the other two as they undressed from their gear to don something more casual.

”I guess something important is happening tonight, and we were not invited.”

“I think the commander knows Vilmaith was not in this morning.”

Vidnavi said. Rhinna agreed.

Last edited by Hanasian on March 18th, 2017, 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 11th, 2017, 9:16 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Rie-Zunic nodded at the man's words and looked towards the Gondorian guards. Thankfully he didn't recognize any of them so that meant none of them would likely recognize him. Besides... seeing him out of his military uniform would likely throw them off anyways. "So, you guys know anything about this tournament?" he asked.

Down at the market Almara nodded to Nadia. "I don't want to get you in trouble. Hurry back. I'll come back in an hour or so."

Last edited by Jax Nova on March 28th, 2017, 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: March 12th, 2017, 9:51 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

After the Rhovanion women left, Gethen shoved his twin hard in the chest against the wall. Garren made a sound of protest, but his twin hushed him.

“Look what you’ve gotten us into,” Gethen lectured. “You should quit listening so much to Anatol’s bigotry and focus on your duty, being the King’s guard. When you're the King’s guard you don’t get to have opinions different from the Captain or the King. Got it?”

Garren nodded, a scowl crossing his features, “I understand.”

“Good because you're going to preserve your honor by taking the Rhovanion’s challenge and I’m going to stand by and watch her beat your sorry self to the ground,” Gethen smirked.

“What?” Garren’s eyes widened.

“You heard me,” Gethen crossed his arms. “You better spend your off time practicing.”

“Just because you have three minutes on me doesn’t mean you get to boss me around,” Garren grumbled, skirting his twin and walking up to the bar.

“Only when your acting particularly stupid,” Gethen quipped.

“Alright...I get it,” Garren moaned.

“Do you?” Gethen challenged.

“Yes,” Garren snapped.

The twins stood in silence, taking a moment's respite before going back onto the docks again. It would soon be scorching hot when the sun radiated off the waters and neither of them were looking forward to going back out. Gethen sipped a beer he had just ordered, while Garren pondered the decisions he had just recently made.

"So, you guys know anything about this tournament?"

Garren turned to the speaker, a slightly older man, and shrugged. All he knew was that his brother was going to stand by and watch him fight the Rhovanion woman he had so foolishly called out. He let Gethen answer the man while his absentmindedly watched a servant boy angrily sweep the floor.

“We know it will happen soon in honor of the Prince’s return,” Gethen answered. “Don’t worry, the East City will prove her worth.”

PostPosted: March 14th, 2017, 6:49 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Rie-Zunic smiled. "Percect, I love tournaments. Is it open to the public?"

Rie-Zunic glanced at the guards then back to Jarrod. He noticed Nadia come back in and knew Almara would be along a little later.

Out on the street Almara browsed a few shops, talked to a few locals, and walked slowly back towards the inn. Once back at the inn she saw a small outdoor resturaunt just across the street. She walked over and flipped the man a coin she had snuck from Rie-Zunic's pouch. "Something small," she told the man.

PostPosted: March 15th, 2017, 7:49 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

"I don't know," Gethen answered.

"Come brother," Garren tugged his arm. "Duty calls. The docks will not watch themselves."

"Excuse us," Gethen nodded at the man before following his brother.

Together, they exited the inn and began their patrol of the streets again.

PostPosted: March 16th, 2017, 7:38 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Berian sat on the stool at the bar and was quiet. The talk of tournaments and the foreign chatter of the Rhovanions next to him didn’t interest him much. Well, the tournaments did. He could set up there and likely sell his remaining wares. He also needed work. It would be a good place to maybe find somewhere to work. Berian noted the interest in them. He waves lazily at the Gondorian guards that decided to leave. They were likely on duty and had lingered long enough at the inn.

Berien also noted the Rhivanions seem to need to leave. One seemed concerned and he managed to get the others to finish their ales and they too left. Berian realized he was the only one in there, and he took note of the kid doing chores. It reminded Berian of himself some years ago in Pelargir. He hated that tavern his mother worked at. Berian then turned and gave a look at a man who seemed serious and very interested in this tournament. He nodded and turned to nurse his ale.

Nadia came back and unloaded the goods she had gotten in the kitchen. Jarod looked at the good and he grabbed Nadia and slapped her.

”I know how much things cost bint. Give me what is left!”

“I am sorry Jarod…”

Nadia sobbed and handed him a few coppers. She cringed when he raised his hand again, expecting the blow to come. But he withheld it, noticing that Berian, the boy, and the man who asked about the tournament stared at him hard. He instead tapped Nadia on her red cheek and patted it.

”Dear child, You did as well as you could. I thank you. Now get to making sure the tables are clean. I expect another ship or two will dock before the night is done.”

Jarod glared at the boy and flipped him a copper.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Vilmaith walked over to the Royal Courtyard, and there found the bath house. She climbed in to the warm water and relaxed, working at getting the dirt of the road and of her night out off. As relaxing as it was, she had little time. As ordered, she dressed in her formal attire and emerged into the courtyard as the shadow of the buildings started to touch the edge. She stood there. Nobody else was there, only her. Was this a joke? She started to wonder this when five other Rhovanion men arrived. Across the way, six Gondorian men arrive in their ceremonial attire. Two other men arrived in their officers attire and they each ordered their groups to merge in the center of the courtyard. They did in military precision. When Prince Eldacar came forth, all their boots in unison cracked on the stones as they stood tall.

The Prince was accompanied by no one, but he looked handsome and strong in his dress uniform. His uniform was for the most part traditional Gondorian, but there were insignias on his breast for his mother’s house in Rhovanion. The Prince walked past the assembled formation in review and nodded. Vilmaith barely let her eyes waver as he passed. Once he finished, he had the two officers have the formation stand at ease. Prince Eldacar said to them,

”This night, we march to the gates of the city, to welcome Lady Farien, my wife and the mother of my children.”

He started down the line, tapping the soldiers he wished to walk in the first line. Vilmaith felt the tap as he walked by her. She was the first one picked, and she would stand to the prince’s right.

Once the formation was set and had made a full round of the parade grounds, they se out for the gates of the city. They kept a steady pace until the gates were reached, and there, Prince Eldacar stood as the gates slowly opened.

The procession with Lady Farien approached and as they entered, The Prince’s Guard snapped their boots and came to attention. Prince Eldacar approached the carriage of Lady Farien and as they came to a stop, he opened the door and took her hand. She emerged in a red sable dress adorned with gold braiding. She looked around and then to Eldacar. He said,

”Welcome Lady Farien, my beloved wife.”

“Thank you Sir Eldacar, beloved husband.”

She replied. This was the first time Vimaith had seen the wife of Prince Vi… Eldacar. She was tall and beautiful with long dark hair that was held in a braided rope of hair around her head. As Eldaar took her arm, they started to walk, and the guard again snapped their boots and turned and flanked them.

Vilmaith thought though the prince and princess had not seen each other in years, it seemed there was little love between them. They put on a good public face, but being as close to them as she was, there was little talk. Once they were back at the palace and did the review, they went inside, and after a while standing at attention, the two captains dismissed them. Vilmaith wasted no time getting back to their barracks where she found the other shieldmaidens already asleep. She joined them as soon as she changed into something comfortable to sleep in.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 18th, 2017, 5:54 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Rie-Zunic looked up at the interaction between Jarod and Nadia. A scowl crossed his face and the man feigned kndness, noticing everyone gave him a hard look, including the young boy.

Rie-Zunic rolled his eyes at the man's fake response to seeing everyone looking at him, stood, and walked out.

"Hey there," a familiar voice called from across the street. Rie-Zunic looked up and to his left. There Almara still sat at the small outdoor restaurant.

"Find anything out?" He asked, taking a seat beside Almara.

"That man in black stirs up a lot of trouble I guess," Almara answered. "We are going to see if we can find out more tonight. I guess he comes in pretty regularly."

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2017, 10:01 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Sorin grabbed the copper and tucked it away. Finishing the sweeping by the bar he moved towards the girl, Nadia was her name. Carefully glancing over his shoulder he tugged on her arm.

"Is he your father?" He asked quietly.

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2017, 10:08 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Nadia turned to the boy and she bent over to him. She l;ooked back toward Jarod who started talking to the Pelagirian who was staying at the inn and didn't notice her. She said in a low voice,

"No, no he isn't. But I... he had come to care for me as a child. I ... "

She looked back and saw Jarod looking over at them. Nadia pointed to a couple buckets and she said louder to the boy,

"Would you like to assist me in getting water from the well? "

She wanted to get away from Jarod for just a moment to talk to the boy.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2017, 7:41 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

"Alright," Sorin glanced at the man warily.

He slipped across the room and grabbed both buckets, handing one to Nadia. Quietly he edged his way to the door.

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2017, 9:32 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Nadia followed the boy outside and once they got to the well, Nadia asked,

"Thank you for coming out here with me. I am Nadia.You may know that. Maybe you don't. Jarod usually calls me other names. He is not a nice man as you seen. I will try and keep him from ... you beware of him. I plan..."

She was not sure she could trust the boy, but she didn't want Jarod to do anything that would hurt or trap him.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2017, 1:28 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

"That's alright," Sorin shrugged, staring into the well. "I know what kind of a man he is. He's like my father."

The boy pulled the full bucket up. The water sloshed lazily over the side and Sorin bent to grab it.

"I'm Sorbin," he shot her a grin.

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2017, 11:04 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Nadia smiled at the boy and said,

"I am pleased to know you Sorin. Maybe we cam look out for each other here? I could use a friend."

Nadia lifted a bucket and they started walking very slowly back to the inn.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 24th, 2017, 7:46 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

"I'm not here long," Sorin replied. "But I'll look out for you."

He picked up his bucket and lugged it back to the inn

PostPosted: March 24th, 2017, 7:57 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Nadia said to Sorin before they arrived to the inn,

"I do not plan to stay here much longer either."

When they go back inside the Inn, Jarod eyed them both for a moment then went on his business.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 25th, 2017, 9:19 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Rie-Zunic and Almara talked, partially of business and mostly of old times and current times. As the day drug on Rie-Zunic got up. "I guess I better get back to mingling around the city to see what trouble might stir up."

Almara laughed. "Or what trouble you might stir up?"

"You know me better than that," he retorted in all seriousness.

"I do," she admitted, standing up to walk along side him. "But don't forget... I'm coming with you."

"Ah," he nodded. "In that case... you are probably correct."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next