Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: ~ The Inn By The Side Of The Road ~
PostPosted: March 1st, 2017, 11:05 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

The old man smiled, the harmonica still pressed to his lips. He played on, a low minor tune that seemed to flicker and dance along with the shadows of the inn that the candle light cast. His song seemed to cast images into the minds of the hearers. As he played he looked intently to the women who raised her glass. He looked straight into her eyes and suddenly her mind flashed with images of her recent looting and then continued on to a future adventure that she would have in the near future... almost a foretelling of sorts. If one would notice, the moment this happened they would see the small rune marks on the outside window trim glow a faint and dull blue color.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2017, 2:19 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Caila nodded to the woman and said,

“Yes, that should cover your expenses. We can settle up when you leave. Now, four nights…. I will give you room two. It currently has an intact window. I believe our glazier will have the others done shortly, so if you wish another room after he finishes, we can arrange it.”

Caila took what the woman offered and pocketed it, giving her a key. She then turned to Durian and said,

”For you sir, I have room 1. The window is papered but I believe you will not be in it when the glazier installs his glass.”

“I have some old northern silver coin, and some Gondor Stewards coin. Both are honoured in the New Kingdom. Which would you prefer?”

Durian said as he removed his cloak and extracted a leather pouch from his vest. Caila noted the rayed star brooch on his cloak and said,

”I’ll take one coin each and we can settle up when you leave.”

Durian poured some coin into his hand and let many fall back into the pouch. He set two coins before Caila who scooped them up and dropped them into her pouch.

With the start of the harmonica playing by the old glazier, an ethereal aire filled the inn. Durian first watched Caila as he sipped his flagon. She leaned on the back of the bar and watched intently. He then looked at the blonde who seemed to be mesmerized by his playing, then his eyes turned to Caira as she came out came from the kitchen and stood at the end of the bar. The one person he did not look at was the glazier.

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2017, 7:46 pm 
Ent
Ent

Mariel crossed her legs and leaned one elbow against her knee as the elderly man stared into her eyes, boring into her soul. A small curious smile lit up her face as she listened to the music. But not long after the notes were produced did her smile fade into a firm line across her face. Her eyes widened as images of her future flashed in her mind. She leaned back against the bar and took a long sip of her wine. She waited until the old man finished playing before standing and walking over to him.
"

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2017, 10:24 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

The old man finished his song and closed his eyes as the lst few notes rung out in a long drawn suspense. When he did finish playing he saw the young women head his way. With a grin he glanced at Caira and Caila.

"This is a fine place indeed, ma'ams. Music always shows the virtues of old timbers... or the lack thereof." He looked at the walls and roof, almost as if the very wood spoke to him. "These old boards resonate with the sound of song superbly!"

Then he looked to face Mariel as she walked over to him.

"You have a sheen of adventure in your eye, young lass." He chuckled. "I have a feeling this old inn will be the birth place of many great tales."

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2017, 10:34 pm 
Ent
Ent

Mariel raised her brow at the old man as he spoke, and she eyed him curiously. She wanted so badly to ask him about the visions she had, but...she would wait. Good things came to those who waited...or something like that.
A somewhat manipulative smile grew on her face as she gestured to the empty seat opposite him.
"Mind if I sit here, sir? I have many questions about that instrument you played."

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2017, 10:40 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

"Not at all," he answered, morioning for her to sit and extending his leg out under the table to scoot the chair back for her to occupy. "I'm always glad to talk of my music. It's a hobby, really... but you know how us old folk can be." He chuckled. "We put more time into hobbies than we do into work!"

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2017, 11:04 pm 
Ent
Ent

Lifting up the hem of her dress, Mariel sat down, then leaned her elbows on the table and rested her chin in her hands.
"Fascinating....so tell me, when did you first find this hobby?"

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2017, 12:22 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

"Oh..." the old man seemed to be thinking. "That was way back when I was a you g sp-" he stopped and looked around with a wry grin. "When Inwas young," he continued. "Probably not more than a few years old. Do you play any music?"

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2017, 12:46 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

When the music ended, Caira nodded and her and Ciala gave applause. As the blonde wandered over to the glazier, Caira came over to her sister and nudged her smiling. Caila whispered to Caira,

“Not bad! Maybe we should bring out our harps?”

“Maybe later.”

Caira whispered back. She then said,

”Let’s watch those two for a bit. They are cute!”

Durian lifted his flagon and drained it, tapping it on the bar top in applause. After Caira and Caila finished whispering and giggling Caira tapped a fresh flagon for him and gave him a smile when he looked over, and Caila went into the back to the storeroom.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2017, 8:47 am 
Ent
Ent

Mariel squinted her eyes as the old man caught his words and changed them a bit. "Interesting..." she said aloud, then she shook her head, her hazel eyes still searching his old eyes for clues .
"No, I am sad to say that I have never been very disciplined in the art of music. In fact, I'm not very fond music that touches you..." she smiled at her own words, then leaned back in her seat.
"So you learned to play when you were only three years old? That is quite an early age to play something with such a tinny sound. I bet your parents weren't too happy."

PostPosted: March 4th, 2017, 1:21 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

The old man kept a steady gaze on the young women, his smile never fading. "Nay, my parents were elated! Oh, how they loved music!" He thought, eyes seeming to fade into memories from lifetimes ago. "They were the kind of people who could sit out on a far hilside and listen to the wind... hear it's music as plainly as the notes I play myself. They could hear music in everything... even in the earth... and people."

PostPosted: March 4th, 2017, 2:49 am 
Ent
Ent

Mariel crossed her arms over her chest as she listened to the old man recount his family. A genuine smile cracked her normal suspicious looking one this time and she let out a breath.
"Hm...you say they could hear the music in people? What does that sound like, hm? Can you hear music in me?"

PostPosted: March 4th, 2017, 8:56 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

For the first time the old man seemed sad as his smile faded and he let a bit of a frown shape his face. "Nay, Lass... sadly I can not. I was never as gifted as they were." He sighed. "All I have is but this humble instrument." He motioned to his harmonica. His smile and a twinkle in his eye returned quickly, however. "Though some have told me that my music gives them glimpses to things inside themselves that were long closed off... perhaps even... glimpses of what is to come?" He chuckled a bit. "But most that say that were drunk! It's probably the ale talking." His face got more somber and yet a small content smile remained. "But i like to think it's a small part of me parents liv'n inside of me..."

PostPosted: March 4th, 2017, 9:01 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Durian thanked Caira for the fresh flagon and sipped it as he looked at the back of the bar. Caira asked him,

"You have traveled far sir. I can assume you were in the war in Gondor?"

"You assume correctly. We rode south to aid our Chieftain, who is now our King. Some of my comrades stayed, and some have returned north by their own way. I am guessing there will be more of my comrades riding through here in the days ahead. Was I right hearing you are from Rhuadur? A rough, dark place it is. You seem to have come out of there in good order."

Caira blushed a bit when he smiled after his words, but she then said somewhat grimly,

"My sister and I did what we had to do to survive."

She looked at the bar and her finger traced an old name carved into the oak. She then looked up and said,

"We made it well enough thanks to some few people who looked out for us. Maybe now the the King has returned, that land will be once again more bearable."

Caira lifted her wine glass and Durian lifted his flagon. They tapped gently, and Caira said,

"To the King!"

"To Rhuadur!"

Durian answered back, and they each sipped their drinks.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 4th, 2017, 9:17 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

The old man paised in his conversation with the women and looked up at the toast near the bar. Though only water in his cup he joined in. "Aye, I second that, and a toast to you good sir for your service in that foul war."

PostPosted: March 4th, 2017, 9:26 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Durian lifted his flagon to the old musician gentleman.

"And to you sir for the fine music you played."

He looked back at Caira and then to the back, asking,

"Where has your sister gone?"

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next