Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently December 14th, 2017, 12:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: ~Adventures From The Roadhouse ~
PostPosted: November 18th, 2017, 4:28 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

OOC: Yeah I understand busy. Hope all is well with Moyer. I have to say I don't get on here enough despite my best intentions, and so end up having to read back to regain my knowledge on the story. We can let it rest.)

Dauwna watched the fire burn but was silent. Feigning sleep, when she thought Durian and Tali and Will were asleep, she arose and went out to watch the stars. Returning when the fire had burned low, she set a log on it and returned to lay down with Tali as she was shivering. It was not until the light of the early morning did they stir. Dauwna got up and said as she dug out the last of her dried fruit,
"It is good we will have most of this day here in Bree. I have a few people to find when I get there, but I am guessing we will be staying at the Prancing Pony?"
Dauwna wasted no time getting ready. When she mounted her horse, she helped Tali up, and Durian and Will were ready as well, and they rode off to be able to get to the inn before they ended breakfast service.

― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Post subject: Re: ~Adventures From The Roadhouse ~
PostPosted: November 22nd, 2017, 2:14 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

They gained the gate just as the morning watch came on duty. They had little trouble entering, and they made their way to the Prancing Pony. The common room was still quite empty, so Durian talked to the innkeeper and secured two rooms and four breakfasts. The four went and sat by the window that looked to the street, and Tali seemed to keep watch out of it, Will listened to the sounds and voices in the common room. Durian said to Dauwna, Will, and Tali,

"Well, here we are... Bree. It is a long way to Gondor, so I suggest we rest up here before we set out south."

The barmaid came over with a steaming teapot and four cups, with some sugar and milk on the side. It smelled good.