Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 4:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: A Journey Of Choices
PostPosted: August 16th, 2005, 1:30 am 
Istari
Istari

Linariel sat infront of the path that led out of Rivendell. Her golden red hair shined in the sun. She was dressed in her travelling clothes which were green, not tight but easy to walk. Her thoughts strayed to the path infront of her. She wanted to leave and explore the land have an adventure. For an elf she wasn't quiet some times she would go searching for an adventure other times they came to her. She turned around to see her elven horse Castiel next to her nudging her gently. Linariel smiled, and rubbed her horse's forhead. Then turned back to her thoughts. 'Should I leave my home here and travel for a while or should I stay here and never be able to see things outside my home.' They're were orcs running around everywhere out there plus many other dangers.

Elrond had warned her to not go that way. He acted alot like a father to her, and his grand daughter Lithoniel acted so much like a sister. Linariel parents had died when she was very young in an orc raid, and an elf had brought her to Rivendell to live there. Linariel loved it there she had lots of things she could only hope for. But it wasn't the same she wanted to travel meet others and know the world they called Middle Earth.

It was true though she knew orcs did rome around. Her blue eyes tried to hold back some fears at that thought. It wasn't that she was scared no she was far from it. After all she was one of the best swordswoman, a fair archer, and a exprienced rider yes indeed she could take care of herself. But the painful memories of her parents death were what she was teary eyed about.

Elrond came up behind her. "Linariel, are you sure you want to leave Rivendell?" He asked gently in quenya.

"Oh Elrond you have been like a father to me but I need to travel. It's something I can't live with out." Linariel answered back in quenya.

"Then may the grace of the Valar be with you, on your journey, child." Elrond said in quenya.

She hugged Elrond softly. Then went towards her horse she found already saddled. She smiled and mounted Castiel. The mare whinnied with pleasure. Linariel had already packed all she needed for the journey plus her bow, and sword. She smiled and looked back to see that everyone else was still doing something else this journey would not be known to the others to well.

"Namarie Elrond." Linariel said.

Then she kicked the sides of her horse gently with her feet and went off.

(If anyone wants to join in which I hope so you can. We'll be traveling thru Middle Earth facing many dangers, and new people. I hope others will join. And Lithoniel if you wanna joini save you a spot.

^ Limwen
^ Eldarwen (sis)

Last edited by Linariel on August 16th, 2005, 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2005, 9:34 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

( OOC: here`s my char that I will probably use in elenna`s forums too, but anyway... does this rp bother you? cause I thought this was the best way to bring my char forwards by trying to rob you at least or well depends on....

Name: Barec Dark Hammer

Appearance: a black beard and hair that are all messed up except for his hair that are on a ponytail from the end. Few scars and cold face, green eyes and well built body....

Family: None

Weapons: a light crossbow, a short sword(serves as a sword) and 4 daggers

Animals: A warq that he rides...

Clothing: Black boots, a brown leather belt, a brown pants and a brown leather armour covering his torso except wrists where he has a bandannan wrapped around his hand and a black cape that has a hood

History: he was born in erebor and his family was poor so he got in trouble as a thief, finally the other dwarwes had enough and at the age of 70 he was exiled from Erebor. When he left he killed 3 three other dwarwes and destroyed few places, he then ran from Erebor then and became a mercenary. He killed, robbed and stole for money and these days moves in the forests, but not in those where elves are sighted. He is callen as a fallen dwarf or black dwarf better known as Daegar or Duegar.... )

------------------------------

Barec sat leaning on the hulking body of his warq ride, he looked at the fire in front of him as he enjoyed the final peaces of meat from the deer that he had hunted down today. Unfortunately the warq had eaten the half of the corpse so Barec had to manage with the half of it, but warq`s were greedy animals. He was surrounded by tree`s, he hadn`t crossed the river in the fear of the elves, he was actually waiting for elves to pass by and to rob them, if possible. He scrathed his beared chin as he burped happily and got up with his crossbow in his hand, he walked to the road side under a tree and sat down. He threw his hood on to disguise his face because you never knew how the elves could remember someone`s face, but at least he would be long gone before any alarms of a bandit was sounded. He had been once a mercenary, killing for coin and glory, but those days were over because there was no jobs for his sword, but at least he could still rob travellers. Suddenly he heard a horse crossing the river splashing the water and got slowly up keeping his back against the tree, he looked at the warq and decided it to be best left to sleep for now. Someone was coming, he took a small peek and saw a lonely rider, which made his smile.

"Easy pickings..." He whispered to himself

The rider got closer and he jumped out with his crossbow loaded, he pointed at the rider with a greedy grin on his face.

"Stop right there or will put a bolt in your thin elvish body and that hurts!"

He stood there pointing at the rider with great conficende and ready to shoot.

Let him call me a tyrant so cruel
Let him curse my name, but remember the truth!

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2005, 5:24 pm 

(I will join... I'll post more later, no time now... btw Lithoniel is Elrond's grandaughter... not his niece... oh well...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2005, 5:28 pm 
Istari
Istari

(Welcome Lithoniel! *hugs* Yeah I fixed it sorry :blush: )

Linariel stopped Castiel seeing the warq her horse quivered under her. But Linariel was not frightened of drawf, she was still nervous hoping he wasn’t going to try and take any of her most prized possessions including her horse that was something she wouldn’t give up. The arrow how ever was pointed right at her she would have to stop or the arrow may pierce through her there was little chance of not stopping.

She sighed and brought Castiel to a halt. Secretly though reached to her side to finger her sword just incase he was after more than money.

"What pray do you want drawf?" Linariel asked still gripping her sword. And looking at him with a calm face.

^ Limwen
^ Eldarwen (sis)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2005, 7:45 pm 

Lithoniel had watched her friend ride away, then she secretly followed her on her grey horse Meldamiruel, whom she had named after her mother Melda, she now saw that her friend was in danger and staying hidden in the trees she dismounted Meldamiruel and crept around behind the dwarf. By the time he knew what was going on she had kicked the crossbow out of his hands, and pinned him to the ground with her sword at his neck, her foot pushing on his chest.
"Did you really think you could steal from an elf? And MY friend nonetheless!" she said as the held him there, defenseless. "Now Master Dwarf, repent and steal no more and I will let you go with your skin still attached to your body."
"Linariel, are you unharmed??" she said without moving her head, still staring at the dwarf on the ground below her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2005, 7:54 pm 
Istari
Istari

"Oh Lithoniel thank goodness you have come. Yes I am fine, in another moment though that drawf could have stolen something though."

Linariel smiled at her friend. Then she thought for a moment 'What she doing here?' "By the way why have you come?" She asked confused.

^ Limwen
^ Eldarwen (sis)

Last edited by Linariel on August 16th, 2005, 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2005, 8:08 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

( Good day i don't know if you want Deawen Elsent of Rohan to join or not but i hope you don't mind me posting any way but I you said dangers and new people in the sentence)

Deawen had watched the dwarf a while then she put her mask on then her hood she tightened her sword belt then she moved closer to her prey. she silently crept then she saw a rider she stopped ,the dwarf advanced then another rider disarm the dwarf "no!" she thought then a new idea struck her she watched the riders for a moment then she sprang into a near by tree but she madea mistake she made a scrapeing noise on the bark she knew the riders heard her she turned in the tree and waited "they will think me companion of this dwarf" she spat "this will ruin every thing!"

Gently as she goes

as always a hero comes home

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2005, 8:14 pm 
Istari
Istari

(Deawen can join she's welcome!! :) )

^ Limwen
^ Eldarwen (sis)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2005, 8:20 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

(diola lle thank you)

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2005, 9:18 pm 
Istari
Istari

As Lithoniel held him down Linariel came over with her own sword drawn at his throat.

"So Master drawf what were you hoping to gain from this?" Linariel asked.

^ Limwen
^ Eldarwen (sis)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2005, 10:18 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Deawen was surprised they didn't hear her but none the less she stayed quite "let him go let him go!" Deawen hissed she was not about to let her task go to waste " he gave this task to me because he said i was ready!" she thought she mumbled it a little.

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2005, 10:28 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

i don't know if you were wondering or not about Deawen like what she is or her history well im not going to tell you all in good time for now i can tell you what she looks like.

Deawen has copper colored hair she wears black (cloak, pants, tunic, mask, shoes very close to ballet shoes,) she also wears a gold medallion that is imprinted with the sun. her eyes are blue her skin fair mostly pale.
her mask is made of boiled leather with silver inlay it makes her more like a phantom. her skills range from sword fighting to healing. she is not evil. no matter what her actions usaully have a reason.

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2005, 11:35 pm 
Istari
Istari

"I meant no harm to him, I am not a killer. But you are right perhaps I was getting out of hand." Linariel said sheathing her sword.

She looked over the lady carefully and soon figured out she was a shield maiden of Rohan. The ladies costume did confuse her some but she could tell that the woman was not bad even though her outfit was pitch black. Castiel whickered at the person, the mare didn't seem to mind the maiden.

"What is your name Mistress Human?" Linariel asked the maiden with a smile.

Then turned to Lithoniel. "I think she can handle the drawf, Lithoniel."

"Forgive us if it looked like we were doing wrong. The drawf was trying to steal from I." Linariel said trying to clear up the mistunderstanding.

^ Limwen
^ Eldarwen (sis)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 17th, 2005, 9:19 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Barec shaked his head against the ground while listening their talks and cursed the elves, he spat on the elf`s face that held the sword on him.

"Shut up all of you!"

Barec noticed that the wolf was up and there might be chance to get out of this.

"Yes! It`s obvious that I tried to steal from you! But how else do you expect for me to live? farming? selling goods? Hah.... No one will listen to a Daegar anyway so kill me or let me go because I am not going in front of your petty justice..."

Barec waited for death, but actually looked to the side where his warq was still free and awake, his ride looked at the elf as Barec signaled to kill the elf wth his eyes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 17th, 2005, 12:35 pm 

*to Linariel* You didn't really think you could leave without me or at least without saying goodbye now did you?
She looked at the dwarf with piercing eyes then said "Linariel there is a warg just over there, it is the dwarf's stead and he wants it to kill us. Would you go take care of it?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 17th, 2005, 12:48 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Barec`s eyes went wide by the elf`s words and he spat on the ground.

"If you dare to touch it elf! I promise by my blood that I will find you and torture you for months until I kill you! No body kills my pet like that, ecspecially no elf will touch it!"

Barec layed still with furious look in his eyes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next