Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently May 7th, 2024, 11:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 488 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: February 24th, 2006, 5:35 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Suddenly a scuffle came about along the edge of the group, a result of Tahlavain accusing by way of mind that one of the Maiean was shirking his duty and wandering from the lines. The argument grew and soon they had come to a stop, the leader calling for a halt and a short break until things settled.

Tahlavain hid a smirk at the result, then offered to tie Darrell to a tree while things were being handled. She made the ties loose, then began to glance around for his sword. The brushing aside of a cloak revealed one of the Maiean had it on his belt.

Once things started to work into a frenzy when Darrell was revealed as unbound, she would have to remember which one had his sword. For the time being, she was left to guard Darrell, the others spreading out.

"Are you alright? They haven't hurt you, have they..?" Tahlavain bent down to question him, her voice no higher than a whisper.

~Cyclist in Training~

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 24th, 2006, 6:21 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

anduril snuck (i lov that word) up behind the tree and whisperd " the scouts hav scatterd many miles away, what do you want me todo?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 24th, 2006, 6:48 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

"Keep yourself disguised and when the gaurds close by find out Darrell is in our hands, we'll fight them off then be on our way," Tahlavain spoke in a low voice to Anduril.

~Cyclist in Training~

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 25th, 2006, 5:44 am 

"I'm ok, just a little bumped and bruised, they haven't got round to doing me any serious harm yet. And I'm up for a good scrap. I've got several scores to settle with these now" He watched the kerfuffle (quality word) grow in the maiean ranks and smiled inwardly, preparing for the moment they knew he was free, but unarmed. (for the moment at least)

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 25th, 2006, 9:03 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Tahlavain nodded, removing his bounds all the way while the Maiean were still preoccuppied. "What are you doing?!" Suddenly the menacing voice of a Maiean sounded behind her. Quickly handing Darrell a long dagger, she whipped around, her sword drawn, and delved her blade into the Maiean then kicked him off. The Maiean gave a cry and soon the running of the guards could be heard coming towards them.

~Cyclist in Training~

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 25th, 2006, 11:25 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Anduril pulled forth her sword and stood facing the oncoming enemy grimly, she chucked a razor toothed dagger to Darral, " take care of that sshe smiled its one of my favriots"

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 26th, 2006, 4:08 am 

Darrell took the knife from Tahlavain and turned to Anduril "thanks, but this will do me fine" He turned to face the oncoming Maiean, muttering to Tahlavain, "I think discretion might be the better part of valour in this instance". He stood relaxed on the balls of his feet, ready to fight, should it be necessary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 26th, 2006, 3:59 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Anduril accepeted the returned Dagger but wonderd why he had only mutterd to Tahl and not her

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 26th, 2006, 5:19 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

sorry i forgot i was in this post i have no time to read up so im jumpin in *

Deawen appeared next to her companions sword in one hand and a "knife in the other.

Gently as she goes

as always a hero comes home

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 26th, 2006, 9:06 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

(o.o Ahhh! Deawen and her knives! *steps back* :p )

Tahlavain nodded in agreement with Darrell, her sword unsheathed and glimmering brightly in a blue tone. The enamel hilt glinted as she gaved the blade a vertical tilt in front of her, prepaired to take on what might be offered.

At the sudden appearance of Deawen, Tahlavain was startled, but then grinned slightly. "Welcome, friend, this shall indeed be easier to handle..." Soon half a dozen Maiean approached in a hurry, instantly aware of the situation, and delved in for attacks. The remainder Maiean were obviously preoccupied with something elsewhere, but what it was, Tahlavain did not know.

~Cyclist in Training~

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 28th, 2006, 4:40 pm 

Darrell gave ground to the maiean steadily, turning aside the blades with the knife. Seeing a chance he drove his dagger into one of the maieans arms, just above the elbow. He skipped back quickly as two other maiean threatened him menacingly. Fending them off as best he could he muttered to himself "What wouldn't I give to have my sword right now". Anger took him suddenly and he shouted out "Give me back my sword scum". Twisting sharply he went under one maieans blade and drilled the dagger into his chest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 28th, 2006, 8:24 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Tahlavain immediately singled out the one whom she noticed had the blade earlier, and engaged in a brief battle before the Maiean made a wide swing at her, leaving his chest ungaurded. Seeing the oppurtunity, she deflected the blow, circled back around, and delved her blade to the hilt through to the Maiean's heart.

Kicking the Maiean off the blade, Tahlavain pulled Darrell's sword from his belt and made her way over to him, eliminating a few Maiean on the way. "Catch!" she yelled across a few Maiean to Darrell while hurling the sword, hilt first, towards Darrell.

~Cyclist in Training~

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 2nd, 2006, 4:12 pm 

Darrell caught his blade deftly. Smiling grimly he stopped defending and turned the tables on the maiean. A cold light flickered in his eyes as he cut through maiean, "taking my sword was a BIG mistake. See what a soldier can do when he has his blade in his hand". His blade flashed, whipping through the air. He drove his sword into the chest of a maiean, and turning quickly he chopped the sword arm off another.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 2nd, 2006, 4:35 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

sorry have had flu

Anduril tworled round, a whirlwind of flashing blades cleaving all in her path

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 4th, 2006, 5:33 pm 

Darrell cut through another maiean, battle lust descending fully. Whipping the knife out of his hand in a sharp throwing action it took another maiean through the chest. He then engaged in a furious combat with the one remaining maiean capable of fighting.
Dispatching him with a single thrust through the gut. Darrell stood still, breathing heavily, trying to control himself. He wathced the maiean with an arm missing try to escape and leaped forward, decapitating him with a single smooth slash. Sighing he wiped his blade clean on the maieans cloak and spoke to Tahlavain, "What do we do now?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 4th, 2006, 7:49 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Tahlavain had done her share of battle, skillful and swift as usually, making clean kills. When all had been complete, she sheathed her sword, the metallic sound quieter than most blades. She turned towards Darrell at his question and glanced around for a moment. "I suppose we head on as was the plan before.... wait in a different location for smaller groups." She replied quietly.

~Cyclist in Training~

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 488 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next