Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 28th, 2024, 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Horse, the Rider, and the Tracks of the Enemy...
PostPosted: March 18th, 2006, 6:10 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

'Ello, everyone. ^^ Some of you may know my other thread, "Hunter's Prowess." I've decided to make a new one. First, here are the rules, which apply to any or all of the following threads after this one that I may create! :D (Note: I'd forgotten to post these rules in the first RP, so I just stuck them in 'ere. ^^)
Please take a few minutes to read over these rules, as you should take them seriously:

1: Absolutely NO godmodding or powerplaying will be permitted. If you do either of these, your posts will be deleted. Sorry.

2: Be respectful of the others involved in the roleplay. Play nice, kids. ^^

3: No cursing, swearing, sexual references, vulgarities, or otherwise. Keep it clean.

4: In other words, by bringing all these rules and a few more together in a little pile: Have respect for the others in the roleplay, don't be an RP micro-manager.

5: Since this is a pretty strictly LotR roleplay section, keep the magic and all-powerful, Mary Sue characters to a minimum, please.

Thank you very much for joining, and I hope you have a lovely time here!
One last comment before I go off on the first post, however. By posting these rules, I am not intending to be a tightwad, or somesuch...I just like to try and keep things in order. ^^ So don't think I'm some sort of uptight, micro-managing jerk, because I'm really not.

This takes place a while after the War of the Rings (at this point in time in RP, then, I suppose), on the outskirts of Mirkwood, fairly far from any place of civilization...

~~~

The wind whispered to the trees, making them shudder, and sway. There was no sound from the living, save for the soft, rythmic thumping of a horse's hooves upon the earth. The stallion walking the paths of Mirkwood was a rather large one. His coat was as white as the frost in winter, with grey flecks strewn over his body. His mane and tail were a lovely shade of dark grey, and his long, silky forelock flopped over his rich, deep brown eyes. His bridle jangled gently, and he paused immediately at a soft tugging at the reins.

His mistress' form was masked by a weatherworn black cloak. Beneath the dark cloth was a dark red-haired, golden eyed she-elf, with the heart and skills of a ranger. She wore a tunic of deep crimson, and both her riding gloves and soft-soled boots where of a fine, supple brown leather. On her back was a quiver, decorated with simple elvish design, filled with arrows of a feather-light, dark wood, with swann-feathers as fletchings. Secured to her belt was a pouch with various medical supplies and other items, along with several small knives, and her longsword. She dismounted her large, grey-white stallion and knelt to touch the semi-fresh tracks that lead toward the borders of Mirkwood...

...Orcs.

"Seems we're catching up with our friends, Arod my lad," she said softly, a grim smile to her tone. "Less than a day behind them. Excellent."

She remounted the large stallion and tapped her heels to his sides, spurring him onward. Horse and rider been tracking a small band of Orcs that had recently been seen stalking through Mirkwood, in the direction of the fields of Rohan. Arod, as the elf ranger had so called the tall, gleaming stallion, eagerly, and easily, kept his pace at a steady canter. But he slowed suddenly, and his breathing became urgent. The rider froze in the saddle as she felt her equine companion tense beneath her, and gently brought him to a halt.

Her golden eyes searched the area until they narrowed on a young, lone buck, and she smiled at the creature gently. "Salutations, Master Deer," she said aloud, bowing in the saddle. The buck merely stared at her, still as a stature, before disappearing slowly into the shadows. The elf smiled and shook her head, leaning forward to scratch Arod between the ears. "Silly stallion," she muttered. "Let's keep going, then, boy. We've got to catch up with those Orcs." She gently dug her heels into the stallion's sides, sending him off again.

The rider looked up at a most lonely cry, and spied Chaos, her hawk, following them along the treetops. She grinned at the hawk and clicked her tongue, calling the predator-bird down to her level. Chaos descended gently, and flew along at eyelevel beside the elf and the horse. Arod sped up and snorted at the bird, as if in a challenge.

"We haven't got time for your silly games," the rider said to her companions, urging the stallion onward. "Chaos is going to scout ahead. Aren't you?" She looked over at the bird, and half-grinned. Chaos chirped loudly in protest, but ascended once more, speeding out of sight. The rider grinned as she released the reins slightly to let Arod go as fast as his heart desired...and her hood flew back, revealing her fair features.

The rider was Anariel Narie. A rather well-known elf-ranger among the people of her home in Mirkwood...even places beyond that.

<center>I am the light in the darkness
I am the shadow flourishing in the sunlight
I am the rain on a chilled winter's day
And I am the flame, dancing in your eyes.</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 18th, 2006, 9:34 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Name: Menstrathin
Or:Strethin
Personality: Very shy so it's sometimes hard to tell what He's really like
Horse: Thresten, bright black stallion
Brothers: 1, Omeran
Sisters: 1 Wethren
Sword: Silver, Metalic blue.
Quiver: Metalic blue with a silver Eagle
Arrows: Metalic blue and Metalic green
Companions: An Eagle named Serennya

History:Being so shy she'd never told anyone. It can be very hard to make her tell you anything.

A dark black stallion looked up at the sound of hoof beats. His dark brown eyes scanned around but nothing out of the ordanery cought his watchful eye. A young elf sat against the bark of a tall tree, watching out over the flying leaves. Strethin's dark bown eyes, matched by his faithful stallion, looked arouns at the approching hoof beats.. A white headed eagle flew in lazy circles over head. Thresten, shook his ebony mane and bent his soft muzzle back to the forest floor that was strewn with dead leaves. Strethin pulled himself to his feet and whistled. A sharp cry came from over head and the Eagle elighted gently on his arm. A sparkeling sword hung from his waist. A light quiver hung over one shoulder, metalic blue arrows shone in the light that was let through by the trees. Strethin took up his reins and mounted the black stallion. Strethin swished his silky tail and Strethin earged him on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 18th, 2006, 1:21 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(((Can i join? Sorry i accidently deleted my Bio so i gotta make a new one. sorry.)))

"Orcs.." Whispered a cloaked figure.
She stared at the Rotten arrow, stuck in the undergrowth, with disgust.
What were orcs doing on the outskirts of Mirkwood?
"Come on Brego... we better check this out" The figure whispered to her horse. She jumped swiftly onto the horses chestnut brown back and urged her forwards.

~Thank you to Estë Undómë for the Beeeautiful Banners & Avvie <3 ~

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 18th, 2006, 5:01 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

(Ahh, welcome, both of you. ^^)

~~~

Anariel could feel Arod slowing beneath her, and urged him on with her heels, but the stallion slowed still, and did so until he was at a stop. "What is now, Arod?" she sighed halfheartedly. Thinking it was nothing, she urged him again to go on - but this time, the sound of hoofbeats up ahead caught in her sharp ears.

Arod took off eagerly, and without a warning, shoving Anariel back in the saddle. The elf got her bearings and leaned forward to rest her hands and the reins on the horse's thick neck, and looked down as they went along. Along the ground beside them, she spied fresh hoofprints.

"We've got friends of another sort, lad," she said in Arod's ear, smiling. "The kind we're not out to hunt, if you get my meaning."

The horse merely snorted in reply. Up ahead, the both of them spied a horse and rider, and Anariel called up to them. "Hail and well met, friends of Mirkwood," There was a smile in her tone. For she knew quite well that they could be no evil, unless they were orcs, for the guards of the borders were ever-watchful.

~~~
(If Strethin and Thresten are riding toward Ana, instead of away, I can edit if you want. ^^ And I'll be getting to a greetin' with your character, Jenny4faramir. Multi-tasking, at the moment...heh...>>...*cough*...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 18th, 2006, 6:20 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

((I'll join! my bio: http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/forum/vie ... php?t=6677 ))

(it seems like 2/3 of you have a bird friend, so I wont have mine. Okay, so on the bio ignore the one about the eagle)

~~~~~~~~~~~

Erurian raced with herself. Inside Mirkwood, about half a mile from the edge of the trees.

Erura has a small smile on her face, she easily guided her horse Fuin through the forest, she did this every time she visited Mirkwood.

She Was at a full gallop, and through the trees saw two riders......
Riders along the forest, hmmmm, She thought to herself.

Urging her horse to keep her pace, slowly made the gap between her and the edge of the trees closer. Making sure not to make herself too visible, last time she made herself visible, because curiosity got the best of her, she ended up on a wild goose chase.....
That won't happen again She said to herself, now only inches from jumping out of the trees, her in her black cloak, and her mare being black, only a well trained elf would be able to spot her...

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 19th, 2006, 5:29 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Can anyone join and could someone help me about how does it work? Sorry to interrupt!

Will be going to London on March of the 30th

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 19th, 2006, 1:00 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Name: Elegost
Personality: Mysterious and annoying
Elegost can use a sword but not masterful. He is good at ranged weapons so he carries a bag of arrows and knife.

Elegost was speeding up the horse every second because he knew that what had happened when Elf noticed a man in the forest.

He could not tell anything to the elves because they would never listen to a man's story that concerned the matters of Gondor.

While he was thinking of these matters, he looked around there was nothing but the trees. Trees! he said. There is no way outta here said he calmly.

He checked out on the bag just one droplet fell onto the floor. Lower his speed and look carefully. A river might solve his problem for drinking. God damn it! he said. He sped up again through Mirkwood forests. Until sun set and the forest became darker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 20th, 2006, 12:22 pm 
Dunadan
Dunadan

Can I join?

Bio:

Name: Anira
Race: Elf
Origin: Rivendell, visiting her etxended family in Mirkwood.
Appearance: Long, pale brown, slightly wavy hair. forest green eyes.
Rather short.
Weapons: A sword and bow.
Horse: A bay mare named Riel (means beautiful)

Anira slowed her horse to a trot when she heard the sound of voices. Riel, her mare, snorted in impatience and tugged on the bit in frusteration.
"Easy, Riel," Anira murmured.
Riel was young yet, and full of energy.
Anira allowed Riel to walk slowly foreward toward the voices. She didn't know who it was, but she wanted to find out. Years of experiance had taught her patience and caution. She finally saw the sorce of the voices through the trees. She reached sideways, leaning out of the saddle to push away the branch that hampered her vision, watching silently and listening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 20th, 2006, 6:08 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Aramina kept Brego at a steady gallop.
"Careful girl." She whispered. "This place is dangerous."
Aramina scanned the horrizon with her keen elven eyes. She pricked her pointed ears forwards in hope of finding some hint or clue of these orcs she was tracking.
Aramina slowed Brego and sprang gently to the ground.
She kneeled and touched the new bootprints left in the dirt.
"New tracks." She murmured.
Brego whinnied loudly.
"Sshhh! girl, we dont want to draw attention to ourselfs."
Aramina lifted her hood and slowly rubbed the tracks.
"Orcs, less than a day ahead of us."
She walked slowly through the muddy undergrowth and grabbed a small rotten pouch made of worn leather.
It was fairly heavy, and half full of a dark brown liquid. "Orc juice." Whispered Aramina. "Disgusting."
She jumped to her feet and sprang onto Bregos soft silky back.
"Come on girl, lets hut some orc."

~Thank you to Estë Undómë for the Beeeautiful Banners & Avvie <3 ~

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 20th, 2006, 6:13 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

((that all sounds a bid familiar, lol))

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 21st, 2006, 9:28 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Strethin heard the voice behind him. Thresten snorted and halted, turning on the stop. Strethin smiled when he saw Anariel. Thresten whinnied loadly and walked over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2006, 1:24 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

(Aramina tracking the same Orcs as Ana, is she? ;) )

~*~

Anariel smiled and pulled Arod gently to a halt, sitting back comfortably in the saddle. "Mae govannen," she said, inclining her head. "I am Anariel Narie (Ah-nah-ree-ell Nah-ree-ehy, just in case y'all were wondering. ^^) Have you, by chance, run into a band of --" she paused to think about how many sets of tracks, approximately, she had seen, "-- fifty or so Orcs?"

Arod snorted and bobbed his head at Thresten, and pawed the ground with a thick, muscular foreleg. His long grey forelock hung over his eyes, and he shook his head to clear his vision and get a good look at the other horse. Chaos made a sudden landing on Anariel's shoulder, and the elf smiled slightly, glancing at the bird.

"And this is Chaos, and Arod," she added, stroking the bird's feathers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2006, 1:26 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

(Aramina tracking the same Orcs as Ana, is she? ;) )

~*~

Anariel smiled and pulled Arod gently to a halt, sitting back comfortably in the saddle. "Mae govannen," she said, inclining her head. "I am Anariel Narie (Ah-nah-ree-ell Nah-ree-ehy, just in case y'all were wondering. ^^) Have you, by chance, run into a band of --" she paused to think about how many sets of tracks, approximately, she had seen, "-- fifty or so Orcs?"

Arod snorted and bobbed his head at Thresten, and pawed the ground with a thick, muscular foreleg. His long grey forelock hung over his eyes, and he shook his head to clear his vision and get a good look at the other horse. Chaos made a sudden landing on Anariel's shoulder, and the elf smiled slightly, glancing at the bird.

"And this is Chaos, and Arod," she added, stroking the bird's feathers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2006, 1:29 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

(Gah...><...my computer was being stupid. Pardon for the double post.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2006, 4:51 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

(Sorry for the foul language)
Elegost fire up between the sounds of owls and wind. He thought the mission he owned for a second. It was useless for him to go around Gondor,Rohan and Mirkwood to avenge his family. But he knew that he must do that for survival. He felt very sad inside suddenly. Looked behind. Nobody was there. Laughed inside himself that he thought somebody could track him.

I guess it was just my imagination he said. After be sure that noone is around. He took out the pipe. He would love smoking in the times of unhappiness. He said suddenly it would be great if some company came nearby. He said it vey loudly. He laughed. He knew that nobody would hear him especially at this time. However, he wanted to yell. He took a breath. He could not do it. He threw the pipe away. Afterwards he has fallen sleep already.

While the night set forward, he was really sleepy. He wanted to lay down. Suddenly a voice came his back. He looked carefully. He heard somebody yelled Fuin. It was not quite loud but was able to hear it. He checked on the grass. It was a horse behind the trees. Hey he said how did you get in here?. A shade came across his eyes. He could not catch it. Hungry? said Elegost while turning back to the horse. Come he said. Horse retreated like somebody ordered the horse and he heard somebody said Fuin again. He saw something new this time nearby the horse. A shade was with horse. He was not afraid but trembeled from the shade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 23rd, 2006, 8:15 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(shade with horse? what sort of shade? and i know Fuin is the name of my character's horse. were you refuring to me?)