Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 29th, 2024, 9:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: {It Begins With A Seed} -FoTR Lit./Semi.Lit RP
PostPosted: June 5th, 2006, 3:30 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

{{ Okay, so this is my first RP here in awhile. I used to be Baxteriks, so you might know me. Here's the rundown- }}
Dreaded Rules:
1. This is a LITERATE/ SEMI-LITERATE RP, and for those who can amazingly float inbetween the two!
2. It is set in the Fellowship times, based rather on the book than the movie.
3. You can be made-ups, but be originals too if you are!
4. Please follow the basis of the story. No drastically changing plots. No Godmoding. No ALL-POWERFUL characters.
5. Please,please,PLEASE, make this be as close to Tolkien-logic as possible. What that basically means is to follow the guides he created for elves,men, orcs, and other creatures and no mixing things around to where things just don't make sense! MAKE TOLKIEN SENSE!

{{Other than all that, have fun!! And thanks for joining!! }}

--------------------------------

Clank!

A waiter set down a handful of empty mugs on the counter quite harshly. The waiter suspirated in a relief of stress, bringing her rosy hand to her forehead to brush back her loose curls.

"Good morning,Linny! My,you look quite wasted if you ask me,dear. What be the matter with you?",said Rosie Cotton,the lass who was washing the cups behind the green,peeling counter.

The waiter,Linanthuen Diamond Burrows,or Linny for short,pounded her head down on the countertop. Her short,rich brown curls fell over her rosy and freckled face and her broad,but feminine,shoulders slumped forward.

"....I'm fine...",she muttered in a sarcastic muffle into the ale-stained wood.
"Absolutely peachy...Just thought I'd pick up some mugs in payment for my late arrival."

Linny picked her head up, face red and pouty, like a tween who had been woken from her three-day beauty slumber. Her hazel eyes looked past her bangs and furrowed brow at Rosie with a drabness that was unusual for a hobbit. She always was queerer than any other Burrows,Baggins,Took,Brandybuck,Proudfoot,or Bracegirdle. Never much of the cheerful type, but rather hard and serious on herself. Some would even say she had an air of Sackville-Baggins about her! but that was inudderable around Bag End.

"Oh,fiddlesticks,Linny! Nevermind whatever's botherin' you,we'll talk later,just..just go do something!",Rosie proclaimed,tossing her hands in the air with enthusiasm. This was the usual morning around here.

Linny let out another large sigh. She slumped off the counter and shuffled her way into a backroom. Grabbing an apron, she slipped it on around her rusty red dress and tied it about her waist. She wasn't the skinniest of hobbits,not fat,but rather thick and 'broad-boned', she called it. She loathed her appearance,but didn't particularly try to do anything about it,since she never really had much intrest in anything of any sort. Pessimistic and introverted as she was.

The downtrodded tween drug her way back into the tavern,but the backroom door came to a meet with the front door of the Green Dragon just as she opened it. Linny was caught with surprise and stood there for half a moment with a look of wide-eyed start,and then even worse when she found out who was coming in the door.

"So sorry,Miss Burrows! Pardon me,but Merry and I were actually looking for you!",said a cheery voice as a beaming face came popping around the corner.

None other than Peregrin Took. And Meriadoc Brandybuck right beind him.

Linny's surprise wore off and she slammed the backdoor behind her. Oh great...Dumb and Dumber.,she thought witfully,but really she had a fancy for the two. Or at least the young one of the two cousins,the good singer.

"Oh,what is it now with you two? A special catering of ale and mushrooms,no doubt. Why don't you just go finger them from Farmer Maggot like I saws you doin' before?",she complained and began walking away,the two cousins scrambling after.

"No,not at all! We were wondering if you'd like to come to a party tonight,say,at the Party Tree?",Pippin asked with a smile as he dodged into her path.

Linny began to consider it. A light sprung in her mind.
Pippin? Pippin want me to go to his party?! I have special prevelige? Oh,this is unheard-
"Everyone is going to be there! Literally the whole Shire!! Hey Rosie,want to come?!",Pippin called joyfully as he turned to the bartender.

She stopped short. The light faded from her thought. Linny sighed again;her bubble was burst.
"Everyone..oh. Um,maybe. I'll think on it. I'm quite busy, you know.",she replied,downtrodded again.

"Great! See you there!",the two called and then disappeared out the door in a flashing.

Great...everyone...,she thought again,whiping up a table with a hint of anger.

"Hurry up Linny or you'll miss the best part!", Rosie exclaimed and grabbed the reluctant hobbit by the wrist, tugging her along effortlessly.

"Oh, forget it Rosie! I'm a party pooper and you should be the one to know it!", Linny said and jerked back her hand from her friend's grasp. "You know how I am more than anyone."

"Dear Diamond, that was only one time! -Linny gave her a inquiring eyebrow- ...Okay, so maybe twice... Okay! So you do it at nearly every party, so what? You'll have fun this time, I promise!"

Linny stood there, hand on her hip and set in a moment of thought. She looked at Rosie.
"Don't call me Diamond.", she simply stated and headed on to the Party Tree, akindle with lights and festivities.

{{ Okay, so anyone can come in at the party. But if you're an elf or man or something else, please make up a reasonable purpose to be in the Shire or elsewhere! ^__^ Thanks! }}

Profile       WWW