Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Into the darkness
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2006, 8:22 am 
Istari
Istari

Plot: After the war of the ring Moria has been left untouched. Aragorn has funded a small group of people to investigate the dwarven halls and see if evil still inhabits it.

The leader of the group played by myself is:

Name: Tramius
Race: Men
Description: 6ft 2'' tall. Shoulder length brown, wavy hair. Dark brown eyes, a scar under his left eye.
History: Guard of the citadel, he was involved in the siege of Minas Tirith, defeating many foes and almost loosing his own life on many occasions. He ended the battle wounded and so missed the battle before the black gates. Since then he has become a Captain of the citadel and trusted soldier of Gondor.
On a more personal note he was married to a servant of the steward. She was beautiful and fair. He could never understand why she chose him above other men, but they somehow connected. During the siege Tramius told her to retreat to the higher levels. He left her at there house. Unfortunatly when the gates broke and the orcs filled the city she was killed. Since then he has remained slighlty aloof and distant.

(If people join we shall start this outside moria)

[!*#_:]

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2006, 9:28 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Looks nice. I will join

Name: Saedd
Race: Men
Class: Ranger
Description: Shoulder length Black hair, green eyes
Clothes and his stuff: A cloak covers his hair and Plain Leather outfit, shield, longsword, bow and arrows
History: He fought in Osgiliath against the armies of Mordor. He was one of men who accomplished the overrun city. In the siege of Gondor, despite his deadly wounds, he survived from the siege. And now he has appointed to another duty which wass given by King Aragorn to investigate Moria

Will be going to London on March of the 30th

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2006, 1:38 pm 
Maia
Maia

Name: Lenne Tilwen
Race: Elf
Description: 5'6'' tall. Blonde, straight hair that reaches all the way to the small of her back. She has crystal blue eyes and very fair complexion.
History: Lenne is the Captain of the royal guards. Her king, the king of Rivendell, asked her to go on this quest, only because he knew she had more of a chance for survival. She had grown-up in the woods, on her own. Her parents had died, when she was younger, so she had to fend for herself. She taught herself how to use a bow and arrow, by carving both out of sticks. She also taught herself how to ride horses, by finding her best friend, Malemin in the forest. She is very talented and very sly.

Siggy set made by the amazing Lembas!

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2006, 2:04 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

((character that's not an elf for once..

Name:Kevylnna

Birth Year:TA 2964

Race:Human (Dúnedain)

Appearance: http://i4.tinypic.com/1695aoj.jpg

Clothing:Similar to this-

Animal:Bay mare-Alata

Weapons:Bow and Arrow, and broadsword: http://i5.tinypic.com/1695gz7.jpg

History:Born to a Dúnedain couple, she was raised to be a warrior, and at age 36 (appearing 12) she accompanied a group of Dúnedain warriors, heading to defend the borders. She fought with her best, but was still inexperienced, and required aid after getting a cut on her upper arm, which sliced open a part of her muscle. After the battle, her wound was tended to, and she had to reman inactive for the next few weeks. Over the next few years, she trained almost every day,and was soon in the top part of her class. She became a part of the Dúnedain warriors, and by age fifty-one (appearing seventeen) she managed her own part of the Dúnedain. During the War of the Ring, she aided the elves in the defense of Mirkwood against Dol Guldor, meeting Elenanna, Bellethiel, and Voronwe. After, she went to the coronation of King Elessar with the elves, and soon became a Lady of Gondor. ))

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2006, 4:51 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Name: Meleth Elenwen (Beloved Star Maiden)
Race: Elven
Appearance: Tall, like most elves, with long straight silver hair. Black eyes. Not unusually pretty for an elf, just normal.
History: Meleth's family died in an orc raid when she was small. She carries the grief of their loss with her still and the pain of it has driven her away from her home. She wanders mostly, never having found anywhere to call much of a home.
Personality: Can be snappish. Always secretive, never very friendly to anyone she doesn't know. She cares intensely about the few people she loves.
Weapons: Bow and arrows predominantly. She also carries a few small, hidden daggers for emergencies.

That's me :)

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2006, 5:37 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

okey dokey, now. this is my first rpg, but i'm going to attempt this

Name: Cole

Race: Hobbit (guess I'm the only one so far...how lonely. We all know that size doesn't matter though...I mean look at frodo!)

Description: Exact height not known, but we all know hobbits are very short. Freckled and weatherbeaten, but handsome face. Well-muscled, with a slight build. Rosy cheeks. Messy sand-blonde hair.

History: He, unlike most hobbits, travels around middle earth, taking up permanent residence in Gondor. He has a thirst for adventure, and despite his size is very strong.

Hope I did that write. I'll edit the post if it's wrong. I'm pretty clueless right now.

<a href="http://www.dance-to-this-beat.net"> Dance to this Beat</a>
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2006, 5:56 pm 
Istari
Istari

(That's cool everyone! I will get the ball rolling)

The group that King Aragorn had chosen was a smart choice indeed. Men and women who all competent with their weapons. Tramius agreed with his descisions, save one, the hobbit. He had heard that they were brave creatures, but going into Moria, with a halfling?! Not his ideal pick, but the soldier was forced to accept his lord's wisdom. Maybe the hobbit would prove usefull...
"Set up camp, we will sleep in the mountains shadow and venture in tommorow. Be on your guard though, there are still wargs that live in these parts." He spoke to the whole group in a low voice as not to bring any unwanted attention.
He broke away slightly from the group and went to his pack searching for his food.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2006, 6:01 pm 
Maia
Maia

"Yes, sir." She nodded and walked over to the equipment. She patted her horse softly and then undid all of the things on her sattle.

She got out the sleeping blankets and then she laid them down in places close to each other. She then looked around and gathered small stones. She put them in a circle and then put dirt in her hand, to put in the middle of the circle.

She gathered sticks, from the rubble near the area. She put them in the middle of the circle as well and she held two individual sticks in her hands. She started rubbing them together, to start a fire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2006, 6:05 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Cole was unsure of what to do at first. People were starting to set up the camp. He shifted his weight uneasily, feeling the eyes of his companions upon him. When he finally couldn't take it anymore, he went and gathered more sticks, placing them in Lenne's pile.

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2006, 6:18 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Meleth made her camp quickly and efficiently, her eyes darting around the surrounding landscape. "Why not camp inside?" she asked abruptly, "If you're worried about wargs."

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2006, 6:22 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Cole looked up, his hand subconsiously resting on the hilt of his short sword. He didn't want to say anything, as not to sound like a coward, but thought that it sounded like a good idea.

</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2006, 6:26 pm 
Istari
Istari

Tramius did not turn from his pack.
"Because if we did then you would all be tired and more unaware in such dark suroundings. At least out here we have space to fight and also not get surounded. Any more questions?" He turned to look at her, feeling slightly annoyed that someone questioned him, which his voice showed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2006, 6:26 pm 
Maia
Maia

Lenne looked up to the other woman elf and sighed. "I suppose that is a smart plan..." She then looked down to the Hobbit and smiled reassuringly to him. "Thank you, for putting more wood in the fire." She bowed a thanks and then gathered all of the equipment she could, into her arms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2006, 6:30 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Meleth's eyebrows flicked up and down again. "None which I cannot answer myself," she said. Her voice was only slightly mocking. "Though I would point out that though you may be the leader, you need not pretend to know more than the rest of us."

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2006, 6:32 pm 
Maia
Maia

Lenne instantly set down the equipment and sighed. She didn't know who to listen to. "So... what am I doing?" She rested her hands on her waist and looked from the human to the girl elf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2006, 6:35 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Kevylnna smiled a bit as she watched the hobbit, and she got out her bedroll, and laid it on the ground. Having tied her mare's reins to a low branch, she let her mare have the freedom to graze if it wanted to. She unrolled her bedroll and and looked at the others, before starting to help them.

Profile           YIM        

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next