Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 25th, 2024, 1:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thoroughbred and Quarter Horses at Willowbrook Stables RPG
PostPosted: June 25th, 2005, 8:48 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Here's another horse rp..but this one is based mainly on racing..though we can have jumping...

Name-Elisha Elisabeth Erwin
Age-17
Positition-Full Jockey-rides for Wilowbrook Stables and Elridge Farm
Appearance-Black hair with dyed violet streaks, blue eyes, 5'2", slim build for jockeying
Horses-War Jewel, Daydream Shadow,, Dream of a Shadow, Lovin' Peace (these are the few favorites that she owns))
Bio-Raised on Willowbrook Stables, Elisha was raised to become a jockey. She's raised mainly Thoroughbreds, but is now starting to raise Quarter Horses.

War Jewel
Mare
Age-3
Breed;Thoroughbred
Racehorse
Lineage-Father-War Emblem, Mother-Jewel of Love
In training for Kentucky Derby

Daydream Shadow
Mare
Age-4
Breed-Thoroughbred
3 day eventer
Lineage-Father-Shadowing Night, Mother-Dreaming Day
In training for Rolex Kentucky

Dream of a Shadow
Stallion
Age-3
Breed-Thoroughbred
Racehorse
Lineage-Shadowing Night, Mother-Dreaming Day
In training for the Kentucky Derby\

Lovin' Peace
Mare
Age-2
Breed-Quarter horse
Racehorse trainee
Lineage-Lovin' Day, Wonderful Peace
In training to be a racehorse

Willowbrook Stables

1200 acres

2 1-mile long dirt racetracks
1 1-mile long turf racetrack
3 indoor half mile racetracks
2 jumping arenas
1 dressage
1/3 mile long cross country course

4 barns
20 10-acre pastures

Main building
4 cabins

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 25th, 2005, 9:04 pm 
Elf
Elf

Name-Jake Rick Tomson
Age-17
Positition-Full Jockey-rides for Wilowbrook Stables
Appearance-Dak brown hair, light brown eyes , slim build for jockeying
Horses-Brego and Will

Brego
Stallion
age-3
breed:thoroughbred
racehorse
3 day eventer
in training for the Ketucky Derby

Will
Mare
age-19
breed-thoroghbred
racehorse
Retire

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2005, 10:05 am 
Balrog
Balrog

She mounted her mare, and trotted to the gate. Her black hair was let down this time, but was held back by the pins she had put in. She, of course, wore her helmet. The gate was opened, and she rode War Jewel in. The daughter of War Emblem was anxious to run, but her rider kept her reins tight, though not to tight.
She looked to her mother, as she walked over, and Carly Erwin said, "Take her around the track, and release her at the eighth mille pole. Let her go, and we'll see how she does."
She nodded, and her mother walked away, and Elisha smiled as she patted her mare. Jewel whinnied, and Elisha crouched into the jockey's postition. She tapped the mare with her whip, and the mare took off at a slow gallop.
At the eighth mile post, she let the reins go loose, and Jewel suddenly took on a fast gallop. She soon saw the fourth mile pole, and kneaded her hands into the mare's neck. Jewel seemed to understand her question, and found another gear, and went even faster. The half mile pole had already gone, and they were coming down the last turn. She tapped the mare with her whip again, and they went past the mile marker,and she eased her mare to a stop. She smiled as she patted her mare, and walked toward the others."Well?" she asked. "Fourty-nine seconds flat"
She grinned and said, "She's ready for the Bluegrass Stakes..." "Yep. She's gone a long way, because of you, Elisha Elisabeth Erwin." The seventeen year old girl beamed, and said, "Thanks mom...now I got to get ready for school." Her mother nodded, and Elisha dismounted her mare. Her mom took the reins, and Elisha ran up to her house.
She went up the stairs, and into her room. She grabbed her school clothes, and went into her bathroom and took a shower. Ten minutes later, she came out, her school uniform on. The plaid skirt was a third of an inch above her knee, and her blouse was shortsleeved, but you couldn't tell, because of her jacket. The navy blue jacket had the symbol of her private school, Chilton Kentucky. She wore blue stockings, and black shoes as well. She was one of the top students, and was vying for valedtorian for her senior graduation next year.She let her hair down, and grabbed her backpack before running down the stairs. She grabbed the plate her father handed her and took the waffles off it. She bit into one, and chewed before swallowing. She heard the beeo of a horn and said "Bye Dad!"
Her father kissed her cheek, and she ran outside. She smiled as she got into the front seat and said, "Hey Jake." before closing the door.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 5th, 2005, 10:44 pm 
Elf
Elf

He stood as he watch her pull out of the ranch. He took bergo and will out. putting Will back in her stall and mouting brego. He reared "whao boy." He was throw for brego's back. He layed on the grown unable to move.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2005, 10:06 am 
Balrog
Balrog

They headed toward their school, and when they got there, she got out and headed toward her locker.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2005, 5:43 pm 
Elf
Elf

He grapped his cell phones only he could move one arm. He heared it ring.
"Elisha, I need you to get to the ranch now." He yelled in to the phone. "Brego gone crazy! I am laying of the floor in the barn. I mounted him and he went crazy. He reared and started bucking. He throw me off." He said into the phone relizing that he got the voice meggage. He tryed to get up. But his legged hurt and all his body hurt but his right arm.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2005, 6:07 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Elisha's cell beeped, and she turned it on, and her eyes widened when she heard Jake tell her about what happened. She turned it off, and told her friend what happened, and the older girl gave her the keys to the car. She ran outside, and opened the door, and started the car before driving out of Chilton Kentucky and toward Willowbrook.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2005, 6:26 pm 
Elf
Elf

He layed there "brego you horse what is wrong with you. "He tryed to speak these words to the horse. will winned for her stall. "Will its ok everythings fine." He said. He felt brego's warm body lay down beside him. "If I died boy I want you to be there and you to Will." He told brego and will as he heared a truck pull up. He had fellen a sleep. As he heared some one pull up.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2005, 7:31 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

She stopped the car, and got out, before running to the stables. When she ran in, she stopped at what she saw. "Jake!" she ran to him and knelt besides him. She gently shook him, but when she didn't get a reply, she grabbed her cell, and called 911.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2005, 10:10 pm 
Elf
Elf

He wake up. He was laying some where. He had leave the ranch. His arm and leg was in a cast. He took deep breaths. "where am I" He said letting people know that he was alive.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2005, 11:02 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

"In the hospital." Elisha said.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2005, 3:40 pm 
Elf
Elf

"What about brego?" He said. As the doctor walked in.
"Jake,I have good news and some bad news. The good news is you luckly boy if you asked me." He said
"And........................."He said.
"Jake you will NEVER be able to race again. You broke both your legs and shadder most of your right leg." He said. He stood up to leave.
Tears fell down his face. "What thats not fair." He yelled.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2005, 3:56 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

"Jake, I'm sorry..." Elisha said. She looked at the doctor as he left,then back at Jake.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2005, 5:24 pm 
Elf
Elf

Wipped the tears away."What about will and brego what am I going to do after I work so hard with brego what am I going to do. I can still help out with the horse but I can't ride." He said.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2005, 9:52 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

She smiled, and said, "Your horses are fine...and we could possibly find another jockey to ride Brego..like I did for Dream of a Shadow?"

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 13th, 2005, 2:05 am 

Name: Nicole Feri
Nickname: Coley
Hair: Brunette
Eyes: Blue
Personality: outgoing and kind
Horse: Mandalay

Name: Mandalay (Mandy)
Breed: Thoroughbred
Color: Seal Brown
Personality: spunky
Other: in training (filly)

Nicole sat up in bed.
"Oh no!" She whispered. She pulled the covers off her and slipped on some jeans over her pajamas. She grabbed a jacket and ran downstairs.
"Latestart Coley! You're s'posed to work Mandalay before you went to school...Hurry hurry!" Nicole's mom said grinning.
Nicole groaned angrily and ran outside. She slipped on some boots over her bare feet and ran out to the barns. Mandalay was in the first stall on the right. She unbuckled a leaher halter from the stall door and slipped it on the filly. She led her out into a cross tie and started grooming and tacking her up.

"Nicole, let's go!" Her mother was walking out towards the track.
Nicole mounted and trotted Mandalay to the track.
"Just get her in the gates for now. Canter up aways' and circle her back to really see her time. Let's go, come on!" Her mom instructed.
Nicole fastened her helmet and walked Mandlay into the gate.

She could feel Mandy's tension and heartbeat underneath her. She felt her rear.
"Easy Mandy!" Nicole said confidently. She tightened her reins and the gate opened. Mandalay shot out like a bullet and they galloped along until Nicole could again gain control. She circled her back and walked her into the gates again. Mandalay hesitated, but finally reluctantly went in.

Nicole could only hear the short breaths of her filly, the sound of the ground pounding underneath them. But the gates hadn't opened yet. She was only imagining.
"Ok!" Nicole shouted. Mandy tensed. "Easy...." The gates opened, and again, Mandy shot out, hand galloping at first.

"Is that how fast you can go?" Her mom said in a disapproving tone.
Nicole shook her head. No, hey were just getting started. When there were about 3 furlongs to go, Nicole pushed Mandalay into a full on gallop, racing to the finish. She reached her mom again and found her jaw was dropped. Her expression was clearly blank.

"Mom? What was my time?" Nicole asked.
"Go cool her off..." Her mom said in a dreamy tone.
"Sure thing...." Nicole dismounted and walked her around for a while. A stablehand came and untacked her and to give her a bath. Nicole headed up to the house to get changed for school.

She took off her pajama pants underneath but wore the same jeans, shirt, and jacket. She put on some eyeliner and lipstick and slipped on her Rainbow sandals.
"Mom? I don't want to be late..." Nicole smiled.
"Ok...let's go then." Her mom said.