It is currently April 19th, 2024, 4:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 15th, 2005, 11:06 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Name:Annika
Nickname: Annie
Apperance: Long dirty blonde hair to below the shoulder blades. Grey Green eyes, and 5'7", slim.
Position: Cross-country and show jumping.
Horses: Pirate and Wasp

Pirate
Gelding
16 hands
6 years old
Bay-no markings
Hannoverian
Cross-coungry and show jumper.
Jumps up to 4 feet, and works best in cross country
personality: Nice and relaxed, barley spooks. Normally calm although he hates trailers and is scared of them, making it a hassle whenever he is trailered somewhere.

Wasp
Stallion
17 hands
Almost black in color, white socks on both front legs.
Hannoverian Oldenburger mix.
7 years old
Only participates in show jumping
Personality: Hot tempered, and very quick. Untrusting, and very hyper. Spooks easily but once on focus very hard to distract. Very good jumper.
Jumps over 4'6 feet high and is a very promising horse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey boy," Annie said softly as she opened the stall to the stallion, unaware of the commotion that had taken place here that morning. Annie having the day off from school, had slept in and was out later then usuall. And therefore missing the happening.
Wasp looked at her curiously and stuck out his nose to her. She gave him the carrot which he quickly stuffed his mouth with and then looked at her, this time with caution.
"How you doing boy? Hmm? You wanna go out to the arena and take some nice jumps? Huh? Or do you just want to take it easy today and walk on the trail around the cross country jumps? What do you say boy?" Annie kept talking to him quietly and softly as to not upset him. She then watched his look of caution slip away and she could see how he started to relax a bit. Annie then slipped the halter over his head and fastened the buckle. Then she patted him on the neck and took him out, tieing him up by his stall as she started to brush him off.

((Is that good?))

Thank you Orouthiel and Myra!!!

Last edited by Anessathiel on August 20th, 2005, 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 16th, 2005, 11:19 pm 

Quote:
((Is that good?))
Yes.

Nicole got home from school and dumpe dhre stuff on the swing chair of her porch. She grabbed her bike off the porch and pedaled quickly to the stable. She threw down her bike and ran into the stable. Mandalay was eating happily in her stall. Nicole took her halter and led her out to walk her around. Her mom met her outside in the parking lot.
"Hey Nicole! Want to go breeze?" Her mom asked.
Nicole strained her face and looked att Mandy. "Mom, I want to talk to you about Mandalay. She's so young, and I don't want her to be ruined by racing." Nicole said.
"She's fine Nicole! What are you saying?" Her mom asked. Her lips were in a tight line across her face.
"I'm saying I'm not going to race Mandalay anymore. I'm going to work with her in flat and maybe jumping. Ok?" Nicole turned her around and put her in the cross ties. Her mom followed after her.
"What in the world am I going to do with you, Nicole? What do you want?" Her mom asked, hurt.
"I want to stop racing Mandalay. We're being offered new racing foals anyway. I'll race one of them," Nicole said. She groomed Mandalay's salt sweat off and then put her away.
"Fine Nicole. Fine!" Her mom stormed away.
"It's what's best for you, Mandy." Nicole pet her face and rode her bike back to the race track.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 17th, 2005, 10:33 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Annie took the saddle and put it up on Wasps back. He sidstepped quickly but she held on to him. Once he finally stood still she fastened the girth around him and then went to fetch her helmet, crop and his bridle. Once she was done tacking up she took her horse outside where she mounted him and rode him over to where the cross country trail started. She wasn't going to jump today since he had had a very hard session yesterday.
So she took him out on the course but instead of going over the jumps she took the little trail next to each one of them. She walked him a bit before trotting him and he looked around happily.
"Come on boy, listen to me okay? Don't start fooling around just cuz we're out here. There's no reason to. You hear me?" She pet his neck and then slowed him down to a walk again. He protested but did as she said and Annie couldn't help but laugh at him. They walked for another couple of minutes and then Annie asked him to trot, and then to canter. Wasp took his first stride and pushed away, going as fast as his rider would let him, dissapointed that she wouldn't let him go any faster.
Soon they closed in on one of the bigger jumps. It was not all that tall, but it was wide. Wasp saw it and sized it up. Annie stered him to the side of it, but he had other things in mind. He threw himself towards the jump, and Annie realizing she could not stop him or take him to the side of the jump without hurting both herself and the horse she did all she could to help him. Wasp took another gigantic stride before he flew over the jump and bounded off towards the next.
"Oh no you don't! Hooo, boy. We are not going to act like that, you selfish horse. You could have gotten me killed, you hear me?" Annika talked to him, frustrated with him but finally she gained control and slowed him down to a walk well before the next jump. Wasp turned his head at her angry voice and looked at her as innocently as he could. She glared at him back but couldn't help to smile.
"Okay boy, but lets go home." She followed the course home and no more incidents or suprises occured to Annie and Wasp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 17th, 2005, 2:18 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Name: Sofie.
Position: Cross-country and flat-racing.
Appearance: Black hair that's down to her shoulders; emerald eyes; about 5'6"; slim.
Horses: Completely Broke [Stretch].
Bio: She was raised at the Spirit Woods Wolf & Horse Ranch, which her parents own. Her horse, "Completely Broke," was so named that because after her parents payed for the little colt they were "completely broke."

Name: Completely Broke.
Call Name: Stretch.
Breed: Thoroughbred.
Colour: Black w/ white stripe.
Height: 16 hands high.
Currently Used For: Cross-country, flat-racing. Even used for Western riding of all sorts.
Lineage:
Sire: Silver Shadow [Shadow].
Dame: Annabel's Lucky Charm [Charm].
Famous Ancestor: Man 'O War.

--->+<---

A saddle was placed carefully upon the ebony gelding's back, and while it was being placed he was standing there as if he were ready to sleep. But the horse was far from sleepy; oh no, he was perfectly ready for a little cross-country run.

Sofie grabbed the rein with her left hand as she mounted her horse, Stretch. Giving the signal for him to begin to walk, she slowly made her way towards the cross-country trail. The pace moved from a walk into a steady trot rather quickly, and she was already enjoying the bumpy ride on her best friend.

But, instead of going on the cross-country trail, she continued to walk him around -- to warm him up, basically. Looking around, Sofie noticed that another horse and its rider was heading back toward the stables. So the 'fun' was already over for them..

She turned the gelding and directed him toward the cross-country course, and as soon as they were there Stretch suddenly took off. It took Sofie a moment to realize what had happened, but when she did she simply joined in the fun. The reins were held tightly in her hand as they went over the first, rather small jump. The pace was now a steady canter, and they went through the entire course successfully.

Trotting Stretch back to the stables, she looked around, as if waiting for some new friend to arrive..

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 17th, 2005, 3:16 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

After she headed back to Whitebrook, Elisha sighed as she was told to exercise her horses, then groom them.
After working them out, she headed back to her house, and did the homework her friends had brought over for her.

Profile           YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 17th, 2005, 10:41 pm 

Coley sat down on one of the bleacher-like stadium chairs. She sat longingly, wanting to race Mandalay. But she knew better. She sighed sadly and cupped her chin in her hand. Her cell phone vibrated in her pocket. She answered it hastily and dully said "Hello?". The voice at the other end was cheerful.
"Hi Nicole! This is Linda, one of the people who have been offering race horses to you. Your mother dropped by and told me the whole story! We have a colt with brilliant bloodlines. You can come by and look at him if you like," Linda said.
"Yeah, sure. Where is it again?" Nicole asked, processing the news she had just gotten.
"Right! Ok, so you're at the stables now, right? You turleft onto West Haven Avenue, and keep heading straight from there. Then there's a gas station right ahead of you, and you turn right on the sidewalk. Keep going and you'll see a small town with rundown stores. There's a bushy hedge on your left. You'll have to cross the street, though." Linda began.
"Ok, what then?" Nicole asked.
"Then you'll have to enter a pin code. 4117. You're going to enter a neighborhood and turn right again. Straight ahead there's an alleyway with another pin code gate with the same code. Sorry this is so confusing! You're going to turn left and head down until you reach a street. Turn right and go straight for a while until you reach Winterbrook Stables! The foals you can look at are in the first four stalls of both sides in the Main Barn. Ok?" Lindsa asked. She sighed and panted heavily, laughing.
"Yeah, I got it. Okay, I'm goinna come over there then." Nicole said. She hung up and ran over to her bike.

Nicole pedaled quickly, following Linda's directions. She got to the gas station and then turned into the small town, going through the hedge after crossing the street. She coasted down the neighborhood and trail and then headed to Winterbrook. When she got there, there was really no one around to help her. She wondered if Linda was there.

She walked lethargically over to a small building and opened a swinging screen door. She looked inside a small office, but no one was there. She sut the door and looked around for a main barn. There was a large barn towards the front of the stables that had a huge sign saying, Main Barn. She laughed at herself and walked into it. There were eight horses, just like Linda said. Nicole immediately stopped when she came to a smaller grey colt. She smiled and opened his stall. A note was on his door.
"Nicole, this is one of the colts I had in mind. It's the one with good bloodlines. You can take him out and ride him if you want. There's an open racetrack at the end of our stable. Go breeze him and give him a try!!
-Linda"

Nicole took him out and groomed and saddled him up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 18th, 2005, 11:40 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Annie came back to the stables with Wasp who she untacked and cleaned him off. Since he wasn't very warm at all he didn't need showering so instead she put him back into his stall and gave him a flake of hay which he eagerly started chewing on.

As soon as she was done with Wasp she moved on to Pirate. He looked at her and gave a soft neigh of recognition when he saw her. She walked in to him and put on his halter, tied him up and started grooming him off. She then brought out the jumping saddle and tacked him up. Once she had put on her helmet she said to him,
"Okay, ready for some jumps today?" She mounted him then and took him over to the jumping arena where she put up two combinations and one alone standing vertical on which she could practice height.
She warmed him up, starting slow and doing a lot of side stepping movements.

Once done warming up she asked for canter and made a circle where she could shorten him and pick up his head before turning towards the first compination. It was easy really. One cross, then one stride, and then two verticals with two strides between. Pirate jumped over lightly and then awaited his riders comand.

After having worked on both combinations and having built the alone vertical to four feet Annie put them all together as to make a small course and then she put everything back, and took care of Pirate. When she came back to the stall she saw Sofie on her way back to.
"Hey Sofie! How's Stretch doing?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 20th, 2005, 1:35 am 
Maia
Maia

Name: Kelly Noble
Appearence: curly blonde hair, pale green eyes
riding experince: advanced, has been riding 12 years
position: western pleasure, hunters

horses:
Name: Lucy
Show Name: Impress my Image
Breed: Quarter Horse
Color: grey paint

Name: Vegas
Show Name: Vegas Lights
Breed: paint
Color: palomino paint

Hello, I'm Amoniel
[/font]
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 20th, 2005, 9:00 pm 

Nicole rode him to the race track, and mulled over some names that would fit him. She rode onto the patht hat led to the track and started trotting him around the track on the dirt.
"I want to get used to you before we run," Nicole told him. She 2-pointed around, trotting. Finally, she picked up a canter. The colt got excited and took off at a gallop. She regained control and slowed him back into a canter.
"Not yet!" she told him. She entered the turf track, where the gates were st up. Luckily, a stablehand was there.
"Hi, I wanted to practice. Do you think you could-"
"Sure." The man said. He helped Nicole lead the colt into the gates and waited.
"Easy, boy." Nicole reassured him.
"Does he have a name?" The stablehand asked. Nicole sat down in the saddle.
"Well, not really. I like Authentic, though..." Nicole said.
"Then Authentic it is. Ready? I'm Shane....by the way." The man said.
"I'm Nicole. And yes, I'm ready." Nicole held herself up again and the gates opened.

They galloped quickly around the turf, just like Mandalay had done. Through all the excitement, Nicole found herself sobbing for Mandy. She pushed Authentic as hard as she could at 3 furlongs left and they galloped quickly to the finish. A sound horn blew and Nicole brought him down to a trot, and then to a walk.
"Hey Shane? Do you think you could move the gate to the dirt track? I want to see which he's better at!" Nicole asked politely.
"Sure." Shane got into a tractor parked in the entrance and trailered the gate to the dirt. He got out and helped Nicole in the gates again.
"That was sure a good run back there," Shane said. He gave her some advice, and then opened the gates. Authentic shot out of them again, and they raced along.

Nicole held her breath this time, pretending she really was on Mandalay. But she knew it wasn't real, and felt the tears come again. The wind slapped her face hard, but she was caught up crying. She pushed Authentic at 4 furlongs left this time, and they galloped slower to the finish.
"He's a turf racer...." Shane said. He then noticed her tears. "What's wrog, Nicole?"

"Oh...I just got some dirt in my eyes." Nicole saidd. Well she actually did, but she couldn't come to tell Shane that she was crying over Mandalay. He offered to take care of Authentic, and she took him up on that. She rode her bike home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 21st, 2005, 1:42 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Sofie smiled brightly as she heard the familiar voice of Annie and saw the familiar form of her gelding, Pirate. She slowed Stretch to a walk as Annie and Pirate both neared them. "Pretty good. He's still as hardworking as ever, so I'm proud of him," she said as she patted Stretch on the sides of his neck. "But what about Pirate? How's he doing?"

As they nearly entered the stable area she dismounted Stretch and walked him the rest of the way, quite sure that Annie was either beside or behind her. It was a good thing that their horses were stalled near each other.. While she was untacking and grooming Stretch she waited for more conversation to be started.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 22nd, 2005, 1:14 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

"Pirate's doing good. He's getting better on the jumps and he is starting to get more confident also on the higher jumps." She pet him and then continued,
"Hey, I just remembered. There's a small cross country show not far from here two weeks from now. I was gonna go but I figured it'd be more fun with someone else there too. You wanna join on Stretch? I mean we could like train together too, and I can always trailer him there and give you a ride." Annie looked hopefully at Sophie as she petted Pirate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 22nd, 2005, 9:22 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Sofie just listened quietly to her reply, and grinned when she offered to take her with her to a cross-country show. "Oh wow! Of course, I'd love to go! Thanks!" She was perhaps a bit too excited, but oh well. She patted Stretch on the neck as she smiled warmly. This year was going to be great..

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 24th, 2005, 11:17 am 
Dwarf
Dwarf

"That's wonderful!" Annie smiled widley and then asked, "So, do you want to train with me tomorrow over the cross country course? My mom can probably help us, and then she can time us on how fast we go around it and she can tell us all about what in the time we need to fix as well as help us with individual jumps." Annie was still smiling as she started patting Pirate again and gave him a sugar cube.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 24th, 2005, 4:51 pm 
Elf
Elf

Jake's dad drove him back to the ranch. Jake wonder back into the barn. He had trouble with his weelchair. Graping a feed bucket puting some in will stall. "Hows my pretty girl." He asked. The horse winned for him to come in. "what about a turnout give you something to do won't it." He said not smiling. The horse stepped out letting him slip the halter over will's head. Will understond that he was hurt and that she has to be very careful with. he thought. Will lead him out of the barn. He let go of the lead rope. Only to see people training. He weeled him over to the dirt track. Will fellowed him.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 20th, 2005, 12:07 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

((Hey guys, let's get this rp up on it's feet again. :) ))

Once Annie was done talking to Sofie she said goodbye for now and got on her bike. The hunger was biting at her stomach since she hadn't eaten anything since six in the morning, so she pedaled towards home. Already in her head she was making panckakes and pouring syrup on top. She shuddered and almost fell but caught her balance and sped off home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 21st, 2005, 1:29 pm 
Elf
Elf

"Are you going to fellow me all day,Will." Jake asked. He took lead Will back to the barn. Brego still looked hot temper from the morning. HE opened Will stall leting her in to her stall.

Profile       WWW